Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Last Night I Dreamt

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: Last Night I Dreamt Page: <<   < prev  18 19 [20] 21 22   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Last Night I Dreamt - 18/1/2013 3:20:26 PM   
rawlinson

quote:

ORIGINAL: matty_b

Am I the only person who, when this thread title pops up, hums "that somebody loved me..." to themselves?

Anyone?

I do it too.

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 571
RE: Last Night I Dreamt - 18/1/2013 3:24:31 PM   
Professor Moriarty

I just say .."of Matty's mum" in my head

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 572
RE: Last Night I Dreamt - 18/1/2013 3:27:55 PM   
rawlinson

Dreams, dear boy, not nightmares.

(in reply to Professor Moriarty)
Post #: 573
RE: Last Night I Dreamt - 18/1/2013 3:37:05 PM   
matty_b

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze
Mattyb is a shining example of what the perfect Empire Forum member is.

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 574
RE: Last Night I Dreamt - 18/1/2013 3:39:10 PM   
rawlinson

Have you swallowed a banned poster and become gif king?

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 575
RE: Last Night I Dreamt - 18/1/2013 3:40:41 PM   
matty_b

No, I'm just coming round to the view that gifs say so much more than words.

Unless I just tell you to fuck off. That says quite a bit.

quote:

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 576
RE: Last Night I Dreamt - 18/1/2013 3:44:14 PM   
rawlinson

Proof positive that uncouth scumbaggery runs in the family.

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 577
RE: Last Night I Dreamt - 18/1/2013 3:46:06 PM   
homersimpson_esq

quote:

ORIGINAL: rawlinson

Proof positive that uncouth scumbaggery runs in the family.

Foul-mouthed uncouth scumbaggery

That deep-browed Homer ruled as his demesne.

Bristol Bad Film Club
A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 578
RE: Last Night I Dreamt - 18/1/2013 3:48:25 PM   
matty_b

quote:

(in reply to homersimpson_esq)
Post #: 579
RE: Last Night I Dreamt - 18/1/2013 6:35:50 PM   
sanchia

quote:

Combo breaker on a run of Emily Blunt gifs from Mr b.

I am still dreaming most nights but my capacity to remember them for more than a few minutes has gone down the pan.

< Message edited by sanchia -- 18/1/2013 6:37:51 PM >

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 580
RE: Last Night I Dreamt - 18/1/2013 11:58:38 PM   
Nexus Wookie

quote:

ORIGINAL: homersimpson_esq

Have there been any reports of random stabbings in your area...?

Just askin', y'know...

Yes there was. I was reading in the local paper that this guy stabbed his wife to death. Fucking scumbag. I remember it really impacting on me so that could be a factor who knows.

My blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

Post #: 581
RE: Last Night I Dreamt - 19/1/2013 9:14:07 AM   
sanchia

I was a government agent in the US who was tracking alien abduction in the Southern States. Every time I got to a new site I hoped to find some aliens but every time I was too late. It was a very dull dream involving interviewing red-necks about their experiences.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to Nexus Wookie)
Post #: 582
RE: Last Night I Dreamt - 19/1/2013 10:32:08 AM   
Sway

Part of my dream last night involved me trying to use a public toilet.

Variations of the same scene quite often pop up in my dreams. I'll go into a public toilet and it'll be huge. Like, warehouse big. And none of the toilets will be suitable because none of them will have stalls or any sort of covering around them. I always get really worked up about people watching me - a classic anxiety dream.

Last night was slightly different in that all the toilets were too close together. As in, could barely stand between them they were so close.

Needless to say I couldn't go. Yet again.

"I am not in danger, Skyler. I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!"

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 583
RE: Last Night I Dreamt - 19/1/2013 10:35:37 AM   
Nexus Wookie

quote:

ORIGINAL: sanchia

I was a government agent in the US who was tracking alien abduction in the Southern States. Every time I got to a new site I hoped to find some aliens but every time I was too late. It was a very dull dream involving interviewing red-necks about their experiences.

Thats an awesome dream!

My blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 584
RE: Last Night I Dreamt - 19/1/2013 10:48:24 AM   
superdan

Last night I dreamt I was at a party on some kind of pier, and ended up sleeping with an old work colleague I haven't seen nor spoken to for about 5 years and never previously imagined doing the naughty with. I now have a sudden desire to reconnect with her

(in reply to Nexus Wookie)
Post #: 585
RE: Last Night I Dreamt - 19/1/2013 2:50:57 PM   
directorscut

Last night's dream went all the way back to primary school for me (although I think my dream self was a bit older). It was school trip day and I didn't want to go because a) my bike was a bit shoddy, b) I left my money at home and wanted to buy a mineral first and c) according to the pamphlet we were going to see the bloody Avengers (the new one). So I waited around school with the rest of the class until our teacher came over to me, who happened to be James Cameron, which might have be a tip off for the rest of my dream. I tried to weasel my way out of things but he looked over my bike and said it was fine. Then I tried to get some money off him so I could buy a mineral at the local shop and he wouldn't give me any the stingy git.

Funnily enough we didn't need our bikes because we went on bus.

All the way there I just listened to my mp3 player, which I'm convinced was funneling through the music I actually listening to while sleeping.

When we arrived it was a fair and the first thing we saw a sort of WWI playground bunker where we could fire mortars, take incoming messages via old style radio boxes, and even parachute off the bunker. This forced when you entered a certain section that I didn't know about and I had to cut the rope from the parachute that was moving towards the edge because there's no way I doing that. There was even a typewriter than you could type down the incoming messages, which seemed really cool.

Any after a while I was around the place and found out this wasn't the only place in the fair. Doors were mischievously hidden in the walls, no doubt to preserve the illusion of this being real and when I opened the door I realized it was just one part of a massive construct. Outside there was a bar section (natch this is still Ireland) that some of the older kids from different schools were trying to get into. But more interestingly there were zones based on different things like a 2001 zone, a Matrix zone, a Mario zone, a Sonic zone and loads more that are a bit indistinct now.

All these zones had a fairly esoteric challenge to them that if you won you got a prize. Some of these challenges were very Portal like. I won quite a few prizes but then a judge came in and said I did one wrong and took away a Studio Ghibli artbook that I coveted. Bastard.

One cool part of these zones was that you could take an object and by just hitting it against another one, create different object. For example a a Yoda toy mixed with a toy crocodile and it became a different type of reptile toy thing.. hit a marshmallow against a toy block and it became a bigger marshmallow, hit that marshmallow against a toy walkie-talkie and you get a marshmallow walkie-talkie.

Anyway the day was over and we had to leave but my school bus left without me. So Jackie Chan style I jumped onto the side of another school's bus and rode all the way back to Dublin. There, walking home I realised the world itself was a pixelated zone.

Pretty cool dream.

Member of the TMNT 1000 Club.

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 586
RE: Last Night I Dreamt - 20/1/2013 4:32:39 PM   
sanchia

I think I wrote it down last night as I just found it on my bedside cabinet.

I was travelling with some friends and family when we come to a cave above a village. There is someone there who tells us not to go to the village as they are hurting people there and we can hear screams coming from the village. he says think what they would do to strangers. We enter the cave instead. Inside the cave it is well lit and filled with antiques . We are rather awestruck by this and walk around the cave. I notice a large carving on the wall and realise this is evidence that disproves all interpretations of religion explaining how it should truly be. At this time I hear a noise from the entrance to the cave and see a long row of robed people entering. They have my aunt, and whilst I should be concerned I am not being more worried about getting out of there. Some friend and I sneak past the large group of robed individual and realise there is a wooden door set in the wall near the entrance. We sneak through and find ourselves behind some bushes outside.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to directorscut)
Post #: 587
RE: Last Night I Dreamt - 21/1/2013 7:31:22 AM   
sanchia

I kept waking up during the night but at one point I was having a strange dream about being in a comic book where I was trying to find Robin and was had to fall from page to page with each a doorway to a new scene. It ended up with a demonic Joker fighting an old one possessed Iron Man (he had tentacles so maybe Cthulu) and me having to talk Iron Man down once he had won so he did not end up destroying the world.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 588
RE: Last Night I Dreamt - 21/1/2013 11:05:03 AM   
Sway

Last night I dreamt my mum, my brother and a third party all told me my breath smelled.

Talk about being paranoid this morning.

"I am not in danger, Skyler. I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!"

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 589
RE: Last Night I Dreamt - 21/1/2013 12:16:02 PM   
homersimpson_esq

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sway

Last night I dreamt my mum, my brother and a third party all told me my breath smelled.

If someone offers me a mint, I often politely decline. If they then say, "are you sure?" I take that as a hint that my breath is smelly, and accept the offer.

Bristol Bad Film Club
A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 590
RE: Last Night I Dreamt - 21/1/2013 1:11:00 PM   
Sway

quote:

quote:

If someone offers me a mint, I often politely decline. If they then say, "are you sure?" I take that as a hint that my breath is smelly, and accept the offer.

I always have mints in my bag. I'll never go to work without making sure I have a new pack of extra strong mints or polos. Nobody has ever actually told me I have bad breath, it's just one of those things I get paranoid about. My workmates will always come to me after their lunch if they've eaten something particularly strong as they know I always carry mints on me.

Post #: 591
RE: Last Night I Dreamt - 21/1/2013 1:18:12 PM   
homersimpson_esq

Softmints are the way to go.

Bristol Bad Film Club

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 592
RE: Last Night I Dreamt - 21/1/2013 1:25:53 PM   
Sway

They're good, but sometimes not too practical if you're speaking to customers since they're chewy. Plus I eat them like regular sweets, rather than sooking on them for their minty freshness.

Post #: 593
RE: Last Night I Dreamt - 21/1/2013 1:34:23 PM   
homersimpson_esq

Do you remember those strip thingies? Sort of like thin layers of sugary mint. Instant fresh breath. I loved them, but clearly nobody else did...

[/offtopicsorry]

Bristol Bad Film Club

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 594
RE: Last Night I Dreamt - 21/1/2013 1:37:37 PM   
homersimpson_esq

Ooh, a google reveals they have been rebranded as a health thing!

http://www.listerine.com/products/pocket-paks-oral-care-strips

Bristol Bad Film Club

Post #: 595
RE: Last Night I Dreamt - 21/1/2013 1:41:39 PM   
Sway

quote:

Ooh, a google reveals they have been rebranded as a health thing!

http://www.listerine.com/products/pocket-paks-oral-care-strips

I've never seen them before, if they were more widely available I'd definitely buy them.

Post #: 596
RE: Last Night I Dreamt - 22/1/2013 10:00:50 AM   
matty_b

I was defusing a bomb and it was pretty exciting.

Then for some reason the dream just switched and I was doing the washing up with Amy Adams. However, there was one plate that wouldn't get clean so I decided the way to do it would be to cover it with pepper and then scrub it with hot water. Amy disagreed with me and took a right huff when I was proved to be right.

She stormed out of the house and when I tried calling her she refused to pick up.

I was genuinely gutted by this turn of events when I woke up.

< Message edited by matty_b -- 22/1/2013 10:01:17 AM >

quote:

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 597
RE: Last Night I Dreamt - 22/1/2013 10:48:43 AM   
Sway

quote:

Then for some reason the dream just switched and I was doing the washing up with Amy Adams. However, there was one plate that wouldn't get clean so I decided the way to do it would be to cover it with pepper and then scrub it with hot water. Amy disagreed with me and took a right huff when I was proved to be right.

She stormed out of the house and when I tried calling her she refused to pick up.

Tch, women!

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 598
RE: Last Night I Dreamt - 22/1/2013 10:52:17 AM   
MonsterCat

quote:

Dude, you had Amy Adams in your vicinity and all you could do was fucking wash dishes? OK, it was all happening in your subconscious, but still...

Last night's was a dream about planes crashing into my village. This seems to be a recurring theme where my dreams are concerned.

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 599
RE: Last Night I Dreamt - 22/1/2013 10:56:54 AM   
matty_b

quote:

quote:

Tch, women!

I know, right? Maybe she was just upset I was invading her natural environment.

quote:

Dude, you had Amy Adams in your vicinity and all you could do was fucking wash dishes? OK, it was all happening in your subconscious, but still...

Trust me, I punched myself in the face once I woke up.

quote:

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 600
Page:   <<   < prev  18 19 [20] 21 22   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: Last Night I Dreamt Page: <<   < prev  18 19 [20] 21 22   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI