Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: The Peter Serafinowicz Show

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: The Peter Serafinowicz Show Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The Peter Serafinowicz Show - 13/10/2007 11:53:43 AM   
foz

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shifty Bench

Nick Frost isn't even a professional actor and hadn't done anything before Spaced and he's had about 3 shows now.

Pedant Alert!
He was also (very briefly - as a builder going "Phwoaar!" at a puppet) in Big Train the year before Spaced first aired
Clicky for clip...

(in reply to Shifty Bench)
Post #: 31
RE: The Peter Serafinowicz Show - 14/10/2007 5:04:36 PM   
DJ Rob C: Mark II!

The robot thing wasn't too great, but I really enjoyed the rest

When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die

Third Highest Post Count on the Forum, sad but proud!

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 32
RE: The Peter Serafinowicz Show - 19/10/2007 9:43:33 AM   
Rumbaabaa

Last night's was the best yet.

"I thought Hannibal Lector was a fictional character".

(in reply to DJ Rob C: Mark II!)
Post #: 33
RE: The Peter Serafinowicz Show - 19/10/2007 9:57:42 AM   
jonson

I've watched them both now and have to say it's incredibly unfunny. Boring in fact. Who in the right mind does an impression of David Lynch? Even the most hardened movie fans wouldn't know what he sounded like.
No, I tried to give him a chance but I shan't watch it again. Too painful.

I've got all the Barbie ones!!!

Yeah but you're old. Really old. Old. Old. Old. Old.

(in reply to Rumbaabaa)
Post #: 34
RE: The Peter Serafinowicz Show - 19/10/2007 10:09:41 AM   
krudler

kevin spacey impression was one of the best impressions ive ever seen, ditto the pacino one

quote:

ORIGINAL: Squidward Hark Bugle

3D moving images are not films, they're holograms, and should be treated as a separate medium of storytelling, or artform.

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 35
RE: The Peter Serafinowicz Show - 19/10/2007 10:16:11 AM   
wombathog

Far more consistently good last night than previous weeks.

Highlights for me were the Kevin Spacy impression (which scared the wife) and the Darth Vader bits.  After 30 years of parodies and piss takes Serafinowicz found a new and entertaining Star Wars angle.  The "WHAT?" bit kept making me laugh even though he over did it.

< Message edited by wombathog -- 19/10/2007 10:17:08 AM >

'Would you mind dear sir if I asked you a question, If music be the food of love are you the indigestion?'

(in reply to krudler)
Post #: 36
RE: The Peter Serafinowicz Show - 19/10/2007 10:20:59 AM   
Rumbaabaa

quote:

ORIGINAL: jonson

I've watched them both now and have to say it's incredibly unfunny. Boring in fact. Who in the right mind does an impression of David Lynch? Even the most hardened movie fans wouldn't know what he sounded like.

David Lynch is one of the few directors who more than a handful of people know what he looks and sounds like. I'd much rather he did Lynch than Simon Cowell...

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 37
RE: The Peter Serafinowicz Show - 19/10/2007 10:30:01 AM   
jonson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rumbaabaa

quote:

David Lynch is one of the few directors who more than a handful of people know what he looks and sounds like. I'd much rather he did Lynch than Simon Cowell...

You can't be serious. You think people know what David Lynch looks or sounds like more than Spielberg, Lucas, Allen, Kubrick, Eastwood, Howard, I could go on.
I suspect that 95% of people watching that show last night wouldn't even know who David Lynch is, let alone what he looks or sounds like.
His Simon Cowell impression is actually very good, and I thought his Spacey one was excellent too, it just wasn't funny.

(in reply to Rumbaabaa)
Post #: 38
RE: The Peter Serafinowicz Show - 19/10/2007 10:37:05 AM   
Rumbaabaa

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rumbaabaa

quote:

You can't be serious. You think people know what David Lynch looks or sounds like more than Spielberg, Lucas, Allen, Kubrick, Eastwood, Howard, I could go on.
I suspect that 95% of people watching that show last night wouldn't even know who David Lynch is, let alone what he looks or sounds like.
His Simon Cowell impression is actually very good, and I thought his Spacey one was excellent too, it just wasn't funny.

Half the people who mention are also actors, so of course people know what they look like. And I would say more people could recognise Lynch than Kubrick.

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 39
RE: The Peter Serafinowicz Show - 19/10/2007 10:42:12 AM   
jonson

OK, bad examples admittedly, I still don't think anyone knows what Lynch looks or sounds like.
Still, that's just 1 complaint. My main problem is the bloke just isn't funny.

(in reply to Rumbaabaa)
Post #: 40
RE: The Peter Serafinowicz Show - 19/10/2007 10:45:06 AM   
Rumbaabaa

Well, we'll have to agree to disagree, 'cos I was laughing a lot at last night's show.

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 41
RE: The Peter Serafinowicz Show - 19/10/2007 10:23:30 PM   
KnightofZyryab

quote:

ORIGINAL: wombathog

The "WHAT?" bit kept making me laugh even though he over did it.

Same here; that was actually the best Vader impression i've ever heard. As usual, I loved the Pacino send up and his Spacey was accurate both visually and audibly - captured his mannerisms well. One of my favourite recurring sketches is the news anchor interrupted by a buzz everytime he makes a wrong statement.

Imminent viewings : The Place Beyond the Pines

Read my blog at: http://alcentrodelaberinto.blogspot.com/

(in reply to wombathog)
Post #: 42
RE: The Peter Serafinowicz Show - 20/10/2007 3:39:13 PM   
Mikey C

I almost agree with Jonson, but at the same time, I enjoyed some of it this week. Maybe I'm starting to understand what Sefafinowicz finds funny or something.

Maybe it's an acquired taste that sometimes hits but often misses. Like marmite, only marmite with bits of something else in there every so often.

< Message edited by Mikey C -- 20/10/2007 3:40:10 PM >

the kind of place where there might be a monster or some kind of weird mirror.
how can they hear us say those words, and still they don't believe us?
my website www.mikeynet.co.uk
My internet ramblings

(in reply to KnightofZyryab)
Post #: 43
RE: The Peter Serafinowicz Show - 20/10/2007 3:41:52 PM   
BobaJango

Loving the advert from the last ep. The bit at the end was actually very much like some adverts i've seen...2 not good enough for you, then why not FOUR!

"Don't worry. Won't insult legendary underworld solidarity by suggesting you surrender name without torture". - Rorschach (Watchmen).

(in reply to KnightofZyryab)
Post #: 44
RE: The Peter Serafinowicz Show - 20/10/2007 3:48:30 PM   
woof

quote:

Maybe I'm starting to understand what Sefafinowicz finds funny or something.

I watched it again for the second time last night I have to say I didn't find anything funny in the program at all. I just don't get it. The whole set-up looks quite old fashioned to me with nothing new to offer.

(in reply to Mikey C)
Post #: 45
RE: The Peter Serafinowicz Show - 20/10/2007 3:52:17 PM   
BobaJango

I like this show and i think one of the reasons is because it doesn't try too hard to be the next Little Britain. That's the direction where numerous programs such as Mitchell and Webb's sketch show went, by trying to stick in catchphrases.

"Don't worry. Won't insult legendary underworld solidarity by suggesting you surrender name without torture". - Rorschach (Watchmen).

(in reply to woof)
Post #: 46
RE: The Peter Serafinowicz Show - 25/10/2007 9:50:51 PM   
sanchia

I'm just curious about why his Ralph Fiennes sounds like Leonard Rossiter?

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to BobaJango)
Post #: 47
RE: The Peter Serafinowicz Show - 25/10/2007 10:08:00 PM   
krudler

quote:

ORIGINAL: sanchia

I'm just curious about why his Ralph Fiennes sounds like Leonard Rossiter?

i thought who he was meant to be, turned it on halfway through was wondering where the schindlers list reference came from!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Squidward Hark Bugle

3D moving images are not films, they're holograms, and should be treated as a separate medium of storytelling, or artform.

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 48
RE: The Peter Serafinowicz Show - 26/10/2007 7:45:04 AM   
wombathog

there's a certain Rossiterness to Fiennes in reality and in many of his roles (Spider, for example is basically a mumbly Rossiter impression) - for me it was a great example of why Serafinowicz's impressions work so well: he gets the essence of the person he's doing rather than the exaggeration, which is usual for impressionists.  Although in this case he did exaggerate the Rossiterness that lives within Ralf.
Al Pacino's baseball cap was brilliant.  I'm glad it wasn't just me that found Looking For Richard hillarious for the same reason.

'Would you mind dear sir if I asked you a question, If music be the food of love are you the indigestion?'

(in reply to krudler)
Post #: 49
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: The Peter Serafinowicz Show Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI