Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Whedon on Wash and Book....

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> RE: Whedon on Wash and Book.... Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Whedon on Wash and Book.... - 4/10/2007 4:30:54 PM   
The Hooded Man

This would make me so happy if true, nobody i know did not love Serenity. Even the Hooded Woman who despises sci-fi loved it and watched the TV series as a result.
If any franchise deserves it then it's Firefly.

Counting the minutes until the over zealous mods lock this thread too.

(in reply to Dave B)
Post #: 31
Do it! - 4/10/2007 4:43:23 PM   
lukeyboy

This absolutely has to be done! Firefly was the best series ...EVER, and Serenity was awesome either as an end to the series or as a stand alone movie. (I saw Serenity first at the cinema,.. then went and bought the Firely box-set). bUT If this turns out to be bollocks i will be most upset and i'll be coming for YOU Tudyk!!!

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 32
Make more now please - 4/10/2007 5:48:47 PM   
cluesy

Firefly and Serenity are amazing. Loads of people who have actually seen them love them but the problem is they don't advertise it. So here's a pointer for Universal, make a sequel actually tell people about the film then make another one as well.

Post #: 33
- 4/10/2007 6:00:43 PM  1 votes
Hughezy

i know that there are people out there who LOVE Firefly/Serenity, but you've gotta realise that there simply isn't a big enough audience out there for it.

Post #: 34
- 4/10/2007 6:39:59 PM   
clarkkent

please, please, please,please, please, pleaseplease, please, pleaseplease, please, pleaseplease, please, pleaseplease, please, pleaseplease, please, pleaseplease, please, pleaseplease, please, pleaseplease, please, pleaseplease, please, pleaseplease, please, pleaseplease, please, please!

As for how would Wash come back? Easy, make it a prequel, there are still holes in the firefly story (we havent seen Inara leave, or why/how shepard book left serenity and started his own commune ect) and why does a prequel have to be about how they met? it could just be an adventure of the serentiy crew. As for the mass appeal? Wel its obviously selling well on dvd so there IS an audience for it. Straight to DVD movie would be cool.

Post #: 35
RE: - 4/10/2007 6:59:53 PM   
Dave B

quote:

ORIGINAL: clarkkent

As for how would Wash come back? Easy, make it a prequel, there are still holes in the firefly story (we havent seen Inara leave, or why/how shepard book left serenity and started his own commune ect)

That was explained in the comic, Those Left Behind.

quote:

and why does a prequel have to be about how they met? it could just be an adventure of the serentiy crew. As for the mass appeal? Wel its obviously selling well on dvd so there IS an audience for it. Straight to DVD movie would be cool.

I think a TV movie is the most likely option if its going to be made at all. Seeing as Universal own the Sci-Fi channel, that would be the perfect place to air it.

Hey, what's with the flying jerks?

(in reply to clarkkent)
Post #: 36
Please Dear God YES - 4/10/2007 7:37:11 PM   
whedon#1

I loved the first one it is brilliant. maybe alan is in it as a flashback by the way

Post #: 37
One of my 3 big wishes - 4/10/2007 9:35:18 PM   
MD3

They have to greenlight something! I'd rather Joss was allowed to do his TV series - after all it was the very best thing on tv ever - and we could get another 6 seasons of it. If they can greenlight garbage like Jericho . . . well, I rest my case. But, if no series, then a film/DVD release would be heaven on a disk. Go on, make us mighty!

Post #: 38
- 4/10/2007 10:32:39 PM   
MoGravey

If this is true its all Shiny!

Post #: 39
We need a Gorram sequel.....or two! - 4/10/2007 11:02:30 PM   
portman180

I hear y'all.
We need a sequal to serenity. They say that the film doesn't have a big enough fan base for it to be a Cinema release but surely all the DVD's that have sold just show that the fanbase has grown since the DVD release??? They should do the second one as a "DVD Premiere" and then release the 3rd one as a Cinema Release! It'll be amazing. No one can deny the chemistry between the cast or the brilliance of the world that Joss has created. This show was one of the best shows ever to grace the small screen - its so much better than Smallville, Charmed, Alias, Lost and even Heroes (Which, btw, I hapen to love) they didnt give the show enough time to flourish - 14 episodes - what a load of shite that is. Universal - just do it!!!

Post #: 40
RE: We need a Gorram sequel.....or two! - 5/10/2007 12:27:21 AM   
joelteon7

Cautious optimism? Yes. Will and want? Definitely very yes.

Besides, I don't want any of Universal to go down to Special Hell for denying this happening.

(I'm staying realistic though. I do know there is little chance of this happening until we are told it's actually happening)

(in reply to portman180)
Post #: 41
RE: We need a Gorram sequel.....or two! - 5/10/2007 12:40:01 AM   
Rgirvan44

Very few films actully fail to make a profit now because of DVD and this is just another example. Universial are leading the charge of making straight to DVD movies and I think if they will consider a Serenity sequel they will be looking at how well sales of Battlestar: Razor go. Strange how these two shows continue to affect one another....

The problem with a direct to DVD Serenity is that, and I could be wrong here, don't Fox still have the rights to TV productions for Firefly? That would mean, unlike Battlestar, Universal would not be able to show it on Sci - Fi Channel as well.

Another factor is if Whedon would want to commit himself to the universe a third time - after Wonder Woman fell through I would have thought he might want to move on.

But saying all that, if a DVD movie was made, I would buy it in a heartbeat.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to joelteon7)
Post #: 42
Too much to hope for? - 5/10/2007 4:18:30 PM   
The Voice of Fate

It seems to me that the first film failed so spectacularly at the cinema because of the bloody awful, meaningless, poncy poster it got landed with. Who the hell thought that summed up such an intricate, intelligent, action packed, thought provoking science fiction film???

I'm surprised that word of mouth has been able to boost sales even of the DVD - which STILL has that bloody poster, only now so small you can't make anything out except that it's about a small girl posing in front of a large explosion - gives the imporession it could be a Pink Ranger movie...

God knows I'd love and pay gladly to see a new outing for the crew of Serenity - but such a sensible move from Holywood would surprise the heck out of me...

Post #: 43
More Firefly? - 5/10/2007 4:19:11 PM   
Aeroflash

...I'll be in my bunk.

Post #: 44
I want it on the BIG screen - 5/10/2007 5:19:02 PM   
julia_davison

A sequel would be brilliant but why only straight to dvd? The reason why it was a slow burner was because many people didnt have access to Firefly, but the word surely spread and hence the dvd was such a hit. You cant have a corkin sci-fi movie like Serenity just in your living room, you gotta move your head with the action. BIG screen please! I live in hope.

Post #: 45
Clairy D - 5/10/2007 5:21:52 PM   
claireldavies

Would love to see anything to do with the Firefly crew. Us Browncoats need support!

Post #: 46
Amazing - 5/10/2007 6:03:02 PM   
Captain_Fear

I can totally see Joss doing flashbacks throughout the film...so that he could have Wash and Shepard back in the film....it would be AWESOME!

Post #: 47
Wash - 5/10/2007 6:24:12 PM   
abbsey

Alan Tudyk and Ron Glass (Book) could both be in the sequel ever heard of flashback scene's anyone?

Post #: 48
Bring, it, on! - 5/10/2007 7:54:21 PM   
giddig

I didn't discover this until a risk purchase of the Firefly boxset based purely on word of mouth. Each viewing makes it grow on me more and more. Serenity deserved way more success than it had. As long as all the key players are in place (flash backs are fine in moderation) more would be excellent.

Post #: 49
preacher and wash - 6/10/2007 11:45:29 AM   
angel_squishy

i wanna know preacher secret past and wash was awesome it was a shame about the whole dath thingy bring it on

Post #: 50
Gorram YEH!! - 6/10/2007 1:44:34 PM   
Arjunthejedi

Finally Universal has come to there senses, you make a Serenity Sequel, and they will be rewarded with Money, and more Browncoats!!

Post #: 51
RE: Wash - 6/10/2007 9:14:46 PM   
film11

That would be difficult.  Actor Ron Glass has regrettably passed away. 

quote:

ORIGINAL: abbsey

Alan Tudyk and Ron Glass (Book) could both be in the sequel ever heard of flashback scene's anyone?

(in reply to abbsey)
Post #: 52
Please be true (maybe) - 7/10/2007 5:56:14 AM   
walrusboy

Firefly was an excellent t.v. series that was never given a chance. Serenity cleared up a few loose ends, Joss Whedon showing George Lucas how it should be done. The idea of there being a second film fills me with joy and dread, although a lot of sequels have been better than the first, so many great films have been followed with a dissapointing follow up.
Joss Whedon is a great moviemaker but how can you improve on a perfect film?

Post #: 53
RE: I want it on the BIG screen - 7/10/2007 11:36:11 AM   
princessa

quote:

ORIGINAL: julia_davison

A sequel would be brilliant but why only straight to dvd? The reason why it was a slow burner was because many people didnt have access to Firefly, but the word surely spread and hence the dvd was such a hit. You cant have a corkin sci-fi movie like Serenity just in your living room, you gotta move your head with the action. BIG screen please! I live in hope.

I'd love to see a sequel, but i don't see it happening as the movie didn't really do that well at the box office.  If they do a sequel it'll probably go straight to DVD.

Here's hoping for a sequel - fingers crossed...

(in reply to julia_davison)
Post #: 54
RE: Serenity two? I'll belive it when I see it - 7/10/2007 4:02:27 PM   
Zaphod121

As much as I loved Firefly and Serenity...... I'll believe it when I see it, like this much talked about X-Files sequel

< Message edited by Zaphod121 -- 7/10/2007 4:03:08 PM >

(in reply to princessa)
Post #: 55
RE: Serenity two? I'll belive it when I see it - 7/10/2007 8:52:52 PM   
sophiemagnolia

I would love to believe it but having been a fan since it aired and going through the trauma of the "axing" I just can't go there again

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 56
RE: Whedon on Wash and Book.... - 7/10/2007 9:29:16 PM   
matthewforan

It would be great if they did another as I loved Firefly and Serenity was fantastic, I just hope they do some stuff with Wash still in it.

"The Irish have always been victims of negative stereotyping. I mean people think we're all drunks and brawlers. And sometimes that gets you so mad all you wanna do is get drunk and punch somebody"

Clear Eyes Full Hearts Can't Lose

Punchdrunk RIP

(in reply to The Hooded Man)
Post #: 57
RE: Wash - 7/10/2007 10:01:09 PM   
Mikey C

quote:

ORIGINAL: film11

That would be difficult.  Actor Ron Glass has regrettably passed away. 

Someone had better tell him; he thinks he's still alive!

the kind of place where there might be a monster or some kind of weird mirror.
how can they hear us say those words, and still they don't believe us?
my website www.mikeynet.co.uk
My internet ramblings

(in reply to film11)
Post #: 58
RE: Wash - 7/10/2007 10:43:31 PM   
matthewforan

I got a real shock there I had to go check but Ron Glass is still with us. WOOOOOOOOOOOO!

"The Irish have always been victims of negative stereotyping. I mean people think we're all drunks and brawlers. And sometimes that gets you so mad all you wanna do is get drunk and punch somebody"

Clear Eyes Full Hearts Can't Lose

Punchdrunk RIP

(in reply to Mikey C)
Post #: 59
RE: Wash - 8/10/2007 1:50:06 AM   
film11

My face is BEYOND red!  Thankfully, Ron Glass is indeed still with us.  I was confusing him with the late actor Ron Carey (who also appeared with Mr. Glass in the "Barney Miller" series).   My sincere apologies to any fans , friends, and family of Ron Glass who may have come across this. (And I promisre not to read any more Mark Twain!) 

(in reply to matthewforan)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> RE: Whedon on Wash and Book.... Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI