Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Black Sheep

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> RE: Black Sheep Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Black Sheep - 28/10/2007 8:55:35 PM   
losthighway

Well, my Black Sheep DVD finally arrived in the post (along with Death Proof - yet to watch that one though). Anyway, I couldn't disagree more with some of the comments on here - I haven't seen a film like this since Peter Jackson's early days - and at one point, it reminded me a lot of The Revenge of Billy The Kid. It wasn't a great film but it certainly wasn't the disaster many have depicted on these boards. The 'explosive' end scene still makes me chuckle even now... but then again I am 28 going 10!!

The secret to becoming a star is knowing how to behave like one.

(in reply to temetnosce)
Post #: 31
Good Idea, Medicore Execution - 28/10/2007 9:40:40 PM   
02PARSIM

Black Sheep is admiteddly a fun movie and if I give it its due I admit it is a half decent film overall. However once you get over the novelty of sheeps killing people there just isn't that much left to care about. The actign ranges from average to wince inducingly awful, the script is patchy at best and the movie just runs out of steam come the ending. The gore is a nice touch and there are some hilarious moments to be found, namely a sheep driving a car over a cliff, that moment is priceless. However this just isn't as good as the plot synopsis suggests and so I suggest you approach the movie with caution. Nice idea, but doesn't live up to what it promised.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 32
RE: Good Idea, Medicore Execution - 30/10/2007 1:25:52 PM   
naomi

What a fun film this was - everything you ever feared about sheep farmers all rolled up into the one flick.  Its a film that does not take itself seriously.

But Lucy I'm British!!!
- So are these!

(in reply to 02PARSIM)
Post #: 33
- 5/3/2008 6:49:45 PM   
chance andrews

THIS FILM WAS TOTAL SHITE. I'M A BIG FAN OF THE PETER JACKSON FILMS THAT THIS MOVIE WAS TRYING TO EMULATE. THOSE FILMS WERE SICK, GORY AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, VERY FUNNY. i DID REALLY WANT TO ENJOY THIS FILM, BUT AS I SAID, IT WAS SHITE!

Post #: 34
i actually like it - 11/3/2008 9:06:33 PM   
maxthom

it was a good film. it may not be as classic as peter jackson films but it had class and good jokes

Post #: 35
Make your mind up! - 4/4/2008 4:36:00 PM   
Ricorodrigeuz

The Empire magazine gave the film two stars. Why its four makes no sense. It was the same with the kingdom, beowulf, michael clayton and many more.

Post #: 36
Make your mind up! - 4/4/2008 4:36:00 PM   
Ricorodrigeuz

The Empire magazine gave the film two stars. Why its four makes no sense. It was the same with the kingdom, beowulf, michael clayton and many more.

Post #: 37
4 stars?! You must be joking! - 10/4/2008 10:07:49 AM   
Empo

There is no way that this movie is good enough for four stars! Its utter garbage! I admit that it does have its moments, granted but not enough for it to be of the four star quality! Sorry Empire but I disagree on this one!

Post #: 38
better than clayton - of course empire!! - 27/9/2008 12:14:08 PM   
elvoys

u are a bunch of fat geek twats empire. this film cancels outt all the good lotr trilogy did for the kiwis in one foul swoop. this is one of the worst films made past 5 years easy

Post #: 39
RE: better than clayton - of course empire!! - 21/10/2008 12:14:15 AM   
Papa Jeff

I feel as if Empire owe me my money back for buying this pile of shite off the back of their review! For anyone to say "ah it's only a bit of fun" or "the film doesn't take itself to seriously" is just bollox, just because a film doesn't take itself seriously doesn't mean its funny, it's just means(in this instance anyway) that the people who enjoyed it are my mortal enemies.

(in reply to elvoys)
Post #: 40
Sick, twisted, funny Black Sheep - 4/11/2009 9:40:02 PM   
lynnshep

Well written, acted, and great SFX. Dark, funny, and gory.

< Message edited by lynnshep -- 4/11/2009 9:50:47 PM >

Post #: 41
- 21/9/2010 9:18:43 PM   
TheGodfather

Black Sheep
Obviously inspired by David Cronenberg`s masterpiece The Fly, this is a new variation on the mutant sub-genre in horror: genetically manipulated, New-Zealand sheep!
It`s a very funny film with a completely unoriginal story, a mix of humour and horror and surprisingly good looking special effects.
Very watchable!
7,0/10

Post #: 42
4 stars?? - 30/6/2011 12:00:09 PM   
trainedasninja

Zombie sheep is such a dumb idea. Hate to sound so critical but I don't see anything great about such a novelty concept. 1 star from me...yes it is that bad.

< Message edited by trainedasninja -- 30/6/2011 12:09:56 PM >

Post #: 43
RE: 4 stars?? - 15/2/2013 3:57:33 PM   
Phubbs

Black Sheep (NZ, 2006)

Deranged killer man eating sheep, sheep?! there are only two countries in the world where you could imagine this being set, Wales or New Zealand. I will spare you the obligatory sheep shagging jokes despite the fact this film actually uses that crude old low brow country laugh for the backstory of one main character.

So a dodgy sheep owner on a farm is carrying out dodgy genetic experiments on his sheep to turn them into carnivores. Naturally a couple of people steal a mutant lamb to try and expose this but they accidentally release it causing a mass infection of the sheep.

So its pretty much any infectious zombie flick you can think of but replace dead humans with mutated sheep. Sounds insane and it is, but I guess animals of such vast numbers like sheep, cows, chickens, pigs etc...would be perfect for this type of genre. If you think about it they are the most unlikely creatures that humans would be worried about, so there would be the under estimation of danger along with their sheer numbers.

This film is labelled as a horror comedy and has clearly been influenced by 'American Werewolf in London'. The sheep are like 'weresheep', their bite turns people into half sheep half human bipedal freaks that look like weresheep and the blood n gore is through the roof with some great hands on makeup effects. There is even a homage to the classic moment in 'American Werewolf' where 'David' transforms and we see his face n body extending with cracking bones. This is pretty much copied here (mainly the face) and looks just as good I might add.

Not your average horror and not really scary, more of a fun idea (possible homage) showcasing some great makeup effects and good use of some real flocks. What I'm waiting for now is the same thing again but for pigeons in London, seriously it could work.

(in reply to trainedasninja)
Post #: 44
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> RE: Black Sheep Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI