Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Bones 4.01 - The Yanks in the UK, Part 1

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Bones 4.01 - The Yanks in the UK, Part 1 Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4] 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Bones 4.01 - The Yanks in the UK, Part 1 - 26/9/2008 10:56:31 AM   
elab49

A bit 'meh' really - I'm sure most this side of the pond would be royally sick of seeing the same thing over and over again as shows visit the UK. And the break-up - completely contrived and quite annoying. That wasn't the Angela that told him to ogle the FBI tech to his heart's content. Changing characters to try and create plot tension is just annoying. And seriously - we'd expect Booth to be that blatantly rude to people just because they weren't American?

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to Scruffybobby)
Post #: 91
RE: Bones 4.01 - The Yanks in the UK, Part 1 - 2/10/2008 3:45:51 PM   
Joedini

Hated so much about 4.5. So zach can just hang out with everyone in the diner right? And the sudden switch that he didn't actually kill anyone was pathetic. Sweets is just about saving this show!

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 92
RE: Bones 4.01 - The Yanks in the UK, Part 1 - 3/10/2008 10:58:07 PM   
homersimpson_esq

Booth: "Can you imagine working here?"
Bones: "No! It's not sterile, the working conditions are cramped..."

New Guy (referring to Angela): "I gave the stuff to the hot chick."
Cam (raising an eyebrow): "'hot chick'?"
New Guy: [pause] The other hot chick.
Cam smiles reluctantly.

Say what you like about the believability of the programme, it's the high quality back-and-forth banter that I love about this show.

That deep-browed Homer ruled as his demesne.

Bristol Bad Film Club
A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

(in reply to Joedini)
Post #: 93
RE: Bones 4.01 - The Yanks in the UK, Part 1 - 21/5/2009 9:32:08 PM   
elab49

Was I imagining things or did the penultimate epi of Bones feature of guest appearance from the youngest of the Family Guy family!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

(in reply to homersimpson_esq)
Post #: 94
RE: Bones 4.01 - The Yanks in the UK, Part 1 - 21/5/2009 9:45:14 PM   
sanchia

Nope he was there. It was during the "Should i wank or shouldn't I" scene.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 95
RE: Bones 4.01 - The Yanks in the UK, Part 1 - 21/5/2009 9:47:11 PM   
elab49

Yup - it's on just now. I just thought I must have drifted off into a really weird dream at one point!

Cheers

quote:

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 96
RE: Bones 4.01 - The Yanks in the UK, Part 1 - 21/5/2009 9:51:04 PM   
elab49

Oh, god. And again. How screwed up do you have to be to have him as a conscience!

quote:

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 97
RE: Bones 4.01 - The Yanks in the UK, Part 1 - 2/7/2009 11:27:07 AM   
councilskivvy

Season 4 of Bones was seriously disappointing, I really hated the whole Family Guy thing, I mean I could understand the scene in the room on the telly. It was when he appeared in the interview room that annoyed me.

Anybody think that old David could be getting ready to leave the show, with the whole "I don't remember anybody" storyline.

Good news is that series 5 & 6 have been commissioned.

"I Lie, I Cheat, I Steal"

Eddie Guerrero 1967 - 2005
Stealing Life, Cheating Death
VIVA LA RAZA!!!

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 98
Bones Season 5 - 17/9/2009 3:08:43 PM   
Scruffybobby

Starts tonight in the US.  Looking forward to it.

"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it." - Robin Williams

(in reply to councilskivvy)
Post #: 99
RE: Bones Season 5 - 17/9/2009 3:18:24 PM   
Shifty Bench

It was shown in Canada last night, glad I have a Canadian aunt as well as an American one 

Extended Edition Podcast- Episode 46:Threads Of Destiny (Star Wars Fan Film)

Post #: 100
RE: Bones Season 5 - 17/9/2009 8:56:23 PM   
Scruffybobby

Glad you mentioned that. I also have an aunt over there, she was able to do me a favour.

"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it." - Robin Williams

(in reply to Shifty Bench)
Post #: 101
RE: Bones Season 5 - 12/10/2009 1:54:00 PM   
theoriginalcynic

The opening episode of season 5 was so bad.  Psychic who tells them where the bodies are, please.  Some mumbo jumbo about Booth loving Bones because he dreamt about it.  And because he likes Clowns now he'll eventually go back to not loving her.  Yes, it's as poor as it sounds.  The mystery was badly written.  Boreanaz said in TV and Satalite week that he likes the inter-play between the two main characters but he doesn't care at all about the mysteries.  In other words he's in it for the money.  But yet, I can't stop watching because the actors are good. 

Post #: 102
RE: Bones Season 5 - 22/10/2009 8:35:01 PM   
homersimpson_esq

After a shaky start, this fifth season has improved. The return of Sweets' girlfriend was an unexpected pleasure. Her "controlling" of her verbal diarrhoea, and her subsequent 'girly episode' with Bones was ace. It's still very much 'body of the week', but I like that style of show in contrast with the "miss one episode and you're screwed" sort of show. A bit of both sorts is good.

Bristol Bad Film Club
A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

(in reply to theoriginalcynic)
Post #: 103
RE: Bones Season 5 - 5/12/2009 12:00:15 AM   
Scruffybobby

Fucking hell the pimping of Avatar in this week's episode is painful. So one of the supporting cast is in the film and they're both Fox productions but there's just no need.

Post #: 104
RE: Bones Season 5 - 5/12/2009 9:20:22 AM   
homersimpson_esq

Hmm, don't think I've seen that one yet...  Last one I watched was with Booth's grandfather. I'll have to give my American aunt a call...

Bristol Bad Film Club

Post #: 105
RE: Bones Season 5 - 7/12/2009 7:05:35 AM   
homersimpson_esq

Lordy, you're not wrong. Just... painful. Although the "epic" comment about the girl's tattoos got a LOL from me.

So which supporting cast member is in the film, then?

Bristol Bad Film Club

Post #: 106
RE: Bones Season 5 - 7/12/2009 8:04:27 AM   
Scruffybobby

The big nerdy fella who ended up with tattoo girl

Post #: 107
RE: Bones Season 5 - 7/12/2009 8:14:56 AM   
homersimpson_esq

Ahh, funny. Totally shameless promo tho - cringeworthy. Especially for what I maintain looks decidedly average...!

Bristol Bad Film Club

Post #: 108
RE: Bones Season 5 - 12/12/2009 10:10:41 AM   
homersimpson_esq

Awesome cameo in the Christmas episode!!!! Love it.

Bristol Bad Film Club

Post #: 109
RE: Bones Season 5 - 12/12/2009 11:57:29 AM   
sanchia

quote:

ORIGINAL: Scruffybobby

Fucking hell the pimping of Avatar in this week's episode is painful. So one of the supporting cast is in the film and they're both Fox productions but there's just no need.

i have to agree the episode was about 50% of them whoring the film. It was excrutiating. It sounded like some PR bloke had gotten hold of the script and scrawled all over it.

Nothing to see here.

Post #: 110
Bones Season 6 US SPEED - 26/9/2010 7:11:08 PM   
homersimpson_esq

Season 6 Discussion Starts Here (May include spoilers for Premiere)

-----------

So yeah, after a weird finale last season, a rather predictable 'getting the team back together again' opener. I think this show has gone downhill over the last season, so I'll be interested to know how they keep it going. The banter between Bones and Booth is what makes this show, so at least that is still on form.

Bristol Bad Film Club

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 111
RE: Bones Season 6 US SPEED - 26/9/2010 7:25:55 PM   
nomimalone

I have to agree that this show isn't what it once was, but the brilliant ensemble keep me watching and the chemistry between the two leads is magnificent. Watching the season opener it felt like my friends had returned! 

Post #: 112
RE: Bones Season 6 US SPEED - 13/2/2011 5:42:12 PM   
sanchia

Having watched episode 13 of season 6 the good news is that the group dynamic appears to being worked on again and in that respect the show has improved. The bad news is that from his behaviour at the end of this episode Booth is in fact a massive dick of epic proportions.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to nomimalone)
Post #: 113
RE: Bones Season 6 US SPEED - 13/2/2011 5:49:56 PM   
homersimpson_esq

I can see why it needed to happen - he was getting too comfortable with Hannah, and the vibe between him and Bones was going. Shitty way to do it, but I get why it had to.

Bristol Bad Film Club

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 114
RE: Bones Season 6 US SPEED - 13/2/2011 7:17:35 PM   
sanchia

The problem is it has left me feeling that at heart he is a bit of a selfish scumbag who throws the toys out of the pram if things do not go his way.

Nothing to see here.

Post #: 115
RE: Bones Season 6 US SPEED - 13/2/2011 7:35:49 PM   
Scruffybobby

He is acting like a bit of a dick, but then again he has just had his heart broken, I'm prepared to cut him a little slack. 

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 116
RE: Bones Season 6 US SPEED - 13/2/2011 8:38:46 PM   
nomimalone

Hmm. I felt nothing but sympathy for the guy. He rushed into the proposal because of what Sweets said, which was very stupid indeed. At least Hannah was honest, but I don't blame him for being devastated.
Anyway, I think he still has feelings for Bones.

Post #: 117
RE: Bones Season 6 US SPEED - 13/2/2011 8:49:49 PM   
sanchia

SPOILERS

There was the rushed proposal but to effectively dump the woman for turning him down and then when she stated it would be best to move out to effectively tell her he wants her gone as soon as possible is a pretty nasty thing to do broken hearted or not.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to nomimalone)
Post #: 118
RE: Bones Season 6 US SPEED - 13/2/2011 9:09:35 PM   
nomimalone

I don't agree. She said she was never going to want to get married and he obviously does (though she'd clearly mentioned it before and he hadn't heeded that), so why continue? Yes, he was a bit of an arse to her, but the guy is hurting and humiliated.

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 119
RE: Bones Season 6 US SPEED - 23/4/2011 11:18:05 AM   
Scruffybobby

So we've now had the back door pilot for Hart Hanson's new show The Locator - I believe it's called - could be quite interesting although the quirky genius solving mysteries thing is hardly new. Bones itself is pretty well established example.
Geoff Stults was good as Walter and Michael Clarke Duncan is always good value. Saffron Burows was annoying with her mockney acting  but she does look good and I liked her tattoo.

Overall I'm not sure it worked. As a Bones episode it was too heavily skewed in favour of the new guys and as a pilot for the new show it didn't quite establish them well enough. It would have been better if they'd just gone with a full pilot for The Locator and left the Bones crew to do what they do.

(in reply to nomimalone)
Post #: 120
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4] 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Bones 4.01 - The Yanks in the UK, Part 1 Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4] 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI