Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Bones 3.15 - The Pain In The Heart

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Bones 3.15 - The Pain In The Heart Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Bones 3.15 - The Pain In The Heart - 3/6/2008 12:59:19 PM   
councilskivvy

Zach will be used as a Hannibal Lector type character, to aid the team in several episodes. Overall I'm disappointed that they Chose Zach, as his banter with Hodgins was always entertaining.  I so want one of those beer hats. Booth always has the best lines in the show. I hope in a way they don't put Booth and Brennan together as a couple, as it may damage the whole dynamic as a show, as it did with Moonlighting.

"I Lie, I Cheat, I Steal"

Eddie Guerrero 1967 - 2005
Stealing Life, Cheating Death
VIVA LA RAZA!!!

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 61
RE: Bones 3.15 - The Pain In The Heart - 3/6/2008 1:20:42 PM   
elab49

That was just dumb. I realise they might have been losing the actor - and it may have been affected by the strike - but what an absolutely laughable way to go.

Met a couple of months ago? Mm - lets think. So he almost immediately killed the lobbyist? And after all the relationship set-ups we're so supposed to remotely believe no discussions came out anywhere with these characters?

I think they realised how stupid it was themselves - if they hadn't they'd have brought Zac's close and very large family - which we also know about - to the hospital. But they writers must have realised if they reminded viewers of that they'd be laughed out the building.

Utter poppycock.

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 62
RE: Bones 3.15 - The Pain In The Heart - 3/6/2008 1:21:39 PM   
Blunderbuss

I thought the whole Zack twist sorta sucked.  If they had telegraphed the possibility to the audience (if not the characters) of someone at the Jeffersonian being involved earlier in the Season and subtly adjusted Zach's behaviour accordingly it would have worked better.  As it was the whole thing felt tacked on, and his involvement just didn't sit with the character of Zach that they had developed over previous seasons.  Yes, the guy was a geek with social issues, but I simply couldn't buy him signing up to Gormagon's plans or committing a cold blooded murder.

It felt to me like the show runners deciding at the last minute that they needed an end of season 'shock' resolution to the frankly underwhelming Gormagon 'plot' and cobbling something together without much thought to logic or continuity...

"oh you don't want to shoot him. You'll just make him mad"

(in reply to councilskivvy)
Post #: 63
RE: Bones 3.15 - The Pain In The Heart - 4/6/2008 7:46:09 AM   
councilskivvy

If the writers have any sense, they should, but guessing they won't, have the first few episodes of Season 4 showing the squints trying to adjust to fact they've had a trainee serial killer within their group. I liked the idea of Gormagon, but due to the writers strike, I feel they couldn't do it justice.

VIVA LA RAZA!!!

(in reply to Blunderbuss)
Post #: 64
RE: Bones 3.15 - The Pain In The Heart - 4/6/2008 7:54:14 AM   
councilskivvy

So in the episode - Knight on the Grid, are we meant to believe that the motorcyclist was Zach, and also if you watch the end, the guy who came out in of the closet, doesn't really look or have the similar build of him either. Shame really, as I was hoping that the killer would be Sweets, who whilst funny has only a realisticly short life span on the show, entertainment wise.

VIVA LA RAZA!!!

Post #: 65
RE: Bones 3.15 - The Pain In The Heart - 4/6/2008 9:24:50 AM   
Blunderbuss

quote:

ORIGINAL: councilskivvy

So in the episode - Knight on the Grid, are we meant to believe that the motorcyclist was Zach,

Nope, the motorcyclist was Gormagon (the guy Booth shot dead at the end of the season finale) not Zac.  Zach was however, the guy who burst out of the closet and no, I didn't think it looked anything like him either...

My guesses are either the producers decided halfway through the season to rejig the supporting cast or the actor who plays (played?) Zac decided he'd had enough of a pretty one-note role and asked to leave, and rather than just have the character depart they thought they'd try to be clever and introduce a big 'twist'.  Unfortunately, being a bunch of dipshits they forgot that for a twist to work it has to make some sort of logical sense, which this one definitely did not.

Oh, and rumour has it that the opening eps of next season are set in the UK, with Brennan and Booth investigating some 'international' conspiracy in a mini story-arc.

Post #: 66
RE: Bones 3.15 - The Pain In The Heart - 4/6/2008 1:14:23 PM   
councilskivvy

Millegan never wanted to leave, but thing is there is only so much you can do with a character like his, it is limited in many respects.

VIVA LA RAZA!!!

Post #: 67
RE: Bones 3.15 - The Pain In The Heart - 4/6/2008 1:51:28 PM   
elab49

The show is enjoyable - but it is a fairly standard procedural and most of the characters aren't much more than thinly sketched. What applys to Zac applies to most. But it isn't what the show aims for so I'm not sure if that would be a reason.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Post #: 68
RE: Bones 3.15 - The Pain In The Heart - 5/6/2008 8:00:57 AM   
councilskivvy

Yes it has, plus the show is usually full of classic sarcastic put downs that you can never help but laugh out loud to. So exactly what is your fave Booth Line people.

VIVA LA RAZA!!!

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 69
RE: Bones 3.15 - The Pain In The Heart - 5/6/2008 9:19:13 AM   
Zaphod121

Hang on a tick, why is this thread suddenly getting so much action?

"Everyone wins. Except Abed. But, you know, not everyone can win"

My Brothers Web-Series

My YouTube Channel

Post #: 70
RE: Bones 3.15 - The Pain In The Heart - 5/6/2008 10:38:08 AM   
Blunderbuss

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zaphod121

I guess because the producers in their infinite wisdom tried to create a shocking end of season twist where none was required and in the process fell on their collective asses and pissed of a number of normally placid fans of the show.  Once our irritation at their stupidity subsides I'm sure this thread will go dormant once again...

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 71
RE: Bones 3.15 - The Pain In The Heart - 5/6/2008 11:32:52 AM   
Zaphod121

Good, this is me and home-dogs territory, this was once a peaceful filled with bunnies and candy.... now all I see is rage and fire. Hopefully there wont be so much rumblings over the Season 4 finale.

My Brothers Web-Series

My YouTube Channel

Post #: 72
RE: Bones 3.15 - The Pain In The Heart - 5/6/2008 12:32:08 PM   
elab49

quote:

ORIGINAL: Blunderbuss

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zaphod121

I guess because the producers in their infinite wisdom tried to create a shocking end of season twist where none was required and in the process fell on their collective asses and pissed of a number of normally placid fans of the show.  Once our irritation at their stupidity subsides I'm sure this thread will go dormant once again...

Excellently put - ditto that.

quote:

Post #: 73
RE: Bones 3.15 - The Pain In The Heart - 5/6/2008 12:42:39 PM   
homersimpson_esq

Well let's hope that when season 4 starts you all keep posting in here about all the really great things about the show! I didn't think the finale was that bad, to be honest. Very rushed yes, but that I suspect was more down to the shortened season because of the writer's strike, than how they intended it to be.

That deep-browed Homer ruled as his demesne.

Bristol Bad Film Club
A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 74
RE: Bones 3.15 - The Pain In The Heart - 5/6/2008 3:11:06 PM   
Blunderbuss

quote:

ORIGINAL: homersimpson_esq

Well let's hope that when season 4 starts you all keep posting in here about all the really great things about the show! I didn't think the finale was that bad, to be honest. Very rushed yes, but that I suspect was more down to the shortened season because of the writer's strike, than how they intended it to be.

Homer, I agree that Bones is a very enjoyable show (I hesitate to use the word 'great') and I'll happily continue posting on a Bones thread next season if others will too...

As for the excuse of the shortened season affecting the finale, if that was the case they should simply have continued the whole Gormagon thread into Season 4 and let it play out in a more rational fashion.  Its not as if it played a huge part in Season 3, featuring in no more than a handful of episodes and never gaining much traction (IMO) as a particularly involving mystery.

In fact if I had to level one criticism at Bones its the fact that they set-up these story arcs and then really don't go anywhere with them.  They did it with the Gravedigger (who buried Brennan and Hodgkins alive).  Did they ever follow up on tracking that guy down?  They set these potential arcs up and then just let them fizzle out or, as with Gormagon, wrap them up in a single ep.  If they're going to have them, and they're not really necessary, they need to commit to them more and make them integral to the whole season, not just something they can dip into now and again when the fancy takes them...

(in reply to homersimpson_esq)
Post #: 75
RE: Bones 3.15 - The Pain In The Heart - 13/6/2008 1:30:38 PM   
councilskivvy

I can see this show running for a while, it has more of a life span than Angel, plus David Boreanaz, gets to show off more of comedic talents on this Show,  in Angel he was very one dimensional, in alot of ways. I just hop they don't ruin the obivious chemistry between Booth and Brennan by putting them together in relationship, which would be amusing, but then you'd lose an important dynamic of the show.

VIVA LA RAZA!!!

Post #: 76
RE: Bones 4.01 - The Yanks in the UK, Part 1 - 19/8/2008 7:39:08 PM   
Zaphod121

Starts back up September 3rd, woo!

My Brothers Web-Series

My YouTube Channel

Post #: 77
RE: Bones 4.01 - The Yanks in the UK, Part 1 - 21/8/2008 10:50:10 AM   
Blunderbuss

Is that September 3rd in the US or on Sky in the UK? 

Sky have been crap about advertising returning shows recently.  I almost missed Ep 1 of the new SG:Atlantis season due to a lack of trailers for it.  I think they're concentrating everything on their big August 31st relaunch of Sky One.  

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 78
RE: Bones 4.01 - The Yanks in the UK, Part 1 - 21/8/2008 2:27:34 PM   
Zaphod121

US, dunno about UK, don't have Sky One

My Brothers Web-Series

My YouTube Channel

Post #: 79
RE: Bones 4.01 - The Yanks in the UK, Part 1 - 21/8/2008 4:26:33 PM   
homersimpson_esq

Roll on september 3!

Bristol Bad Film Club
A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 80
RE: Bones 4.01 - The Yanks in the UK, Part 1 - 5/9/2008 8:33:17 PM   
Scruffybobby

**spoilers**

Well that was an enjoyable start to the season but not particularly special. There were some great little moments but yet again American TV seemed to lose any sense of reality in depicting the UK. The butler did it? Fuck off.

Will be interesting to see what happens between Hodgins and Angela after their breakup and if Brennan will take Pritchard's advice to "climb Everest".  Hope the season picks up a bit - I'm sure it will.

< Message edited by Scruffybobby -- 5/9/2008 8:47:45 PM >

"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it." - Robin Williams

Post #: 81
RE: Bones 4.01 - The Yanks in the UK, Part 1 - 10/9/2008 12:10:32 AM   
homersimpson_esq

I thought that, as far as American interpretations of the UK go, it was not that bad! I found the "the butler did it" premise quite funny. It's been such a cliché for so long, that no one ever uses it as a twist anymore. So to find that it was used as a twist was actually refreshing, in a postmodern sort of way.

I'm glad that Angela and Hodgins have split up - that whole dynamic was a bit too comfortable. I hope the new guy changes his mind and stays tho - he was funny (although I forget his name).

Bristol Bad Film Club

(in reply to Scruffybobby)
Post #: 82
RE: Bones 4.01 - The Yanks in the UK, Part 1 - 10/9/2008 10:21:24 AM   
Blunderbuss

The new season kicks off on Sky One on 25th September...

Post #: 83
RE: Bones 4.01 - The Yanks in the UK, Part 1 - 13/9/2008 9:22:58 PM   
Scruffybobby

Enjoyed the new episode. It was nice to see Booth back to being himself rather than a buffoon. The stuff with Brennan's boyfriends was funny as was Booth and Sweet's delight in tautning her about the the botanist guy's sexuality. Was nice to see Jill Wagner from the Blade series as well. The new assistant could get really annoying though.I know she was meant to be, but that doesn't really help.

"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it." - Robin Williams

Post #: 84
RE: Bones 4.01 - The Yanks in the UK, Part 1 - 14/9/2008 2:04:41 AM   
Shifty Bench

The new episode was good. It was cool seeing the voice of Bender from Futurama 

Extended Edition Podcast- Episode 46:Threads Of Destiny (Star Wars Fan Film)

Post #: 85
RE: Bones 4.03 - The Man in the Outhouse - 15/9/2008 11:09:33 PM   
Zaphod121

Finally got round round to watching the first 3 ep's, really enjoyed them though was it me or did Yanks in the UK pt 2 just feel completely unnecessary All the relationship stuff in ep 3 was great, seeing Brennan get crushed was kinda sad though expected. The end was great, I loved the fact that instead of following Booth and Brennan as they leave the room and talk about what they want to eat, it just stayed with Sweets (I'm really starting to love him) as he looked rather disappointed and then called the annoying girl, good stuff overall.

My Brothers Web-Series

My YouTube Channel

(in reply to Shifty Bench)
Post #: 86
RE: Bones 4.01 - The Yanks in the UK, Part 1 - 16/9/2008 9:11:38 AM   
homersimpson_esq

quote:

ORIGINAL: Scruffybobby

Enjoyed the new episode. It was nice to see Booth back to being himself rather than a buffoon. The stuff with Brennan's boyfriends was funny as was Booth and Sweet's delight in tautning her about the the botanist guy's sexuality. Was nice to see Jill Wagner from the Blade series as well. The new assistant could get really annoying though.I know she was meant to be, but that doesn't really help.

Fortunately the phone call with Sweets confirmed that she has been fired, which is a relief. she was really, really annoying.

Btw bobby - nice av! Can't wait for the new series to start!

Bristol Bad Film Club

Post #: 87
RE: Bones 4.03 - The Man in the Outhouse - 16/9/2008 9:22:32 AM   
Zaphod121

Yeah, thank christ, jesus she was annoying, bring back Clark!

My Brothers Web-Series

My YouTube Channel

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 88
RE: Bones 4.01 - The Yanks in the UK, Part 1 - 18/9/2008 3:12:50 PM   
Scruffybobby

quote:

ORIGINAL: homersimpson_esq

quote:

ORIGINAL: Scruffybobby

Fortunately the phone call with Sweets confirmed that she has been fired, which is a relief. she was really, really annoying.

Btw bobby - nice av! Can't wait for the new series to start!

Ah, didn't pick up on that. New ep should be wating for me when I get home this evening.

Glad you like the AV.  btw

Post #: 89
RE: Bones 4.01 - The Yanks in the UK, Part 1 - 26/9/2008 10:35:21 AM   
Scruffybobby

Nice couple of episodes. last week's with the dog fights made me go all weepy at the end. Brennan's speech was kinda moving. It was nice to see Zach reappear but everyone seemed to be just a little too accepting of him, which just didn't sit right. After his revelaion to Sweets it will be interesting to see what happens. I do wish they just get a permanent relacement for him already though

Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Bones 3.15 - The Pain In The Heart Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI