Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Chuck Season 2 - US speed...

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Chuck Season 2 - US speed... Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Chuck Season 2 - US speed... - 1/4/2009 9:28:56 PM   
DJ Satan

I still think Chuck is one of the best shows on TV and one of about 2 which I try to watch as soon as it available (along with 24).

I had to look to see who is going to play his Dad. I half expected it to be Alan Dale.

Don't try to tell me that some power can corrupt a person
You hadn't had enough to know what it's like
You're only angry cause you wish you were in my position
Now nod your head cause you know that I'm right..alright!

(in reply to Scruffybobby)
Post #: 121
RE: Chuck Season 2 - US speed... - 1/4/2009 10:08:23 PM   
Scruffybobby

quote:

I had to look to see who is going to play his Dad. I half expected it to be Alan Dale.

He does seem to have some kind of deal that he gets at least one role in every show going doesn't he? He's probably going to show up eventually, probably as the President or something.

I still like the show I just think it's been stuck in a bit of rut in the seconf half of this season.

"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it." - Robin Williams

(in reply to DJ Satan)
Post #: 122
RE: Chuck Season 2 - US speed... - 1/4/2009 10:41:18 PM   
elab49

Have to say the casting for the dad is perfect IMO.

Inviso text below of something I do not know but assume

am assuming, of course, he created the intersect - unless it is misdirection, they have kind of made that obvious

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to Scruffybobby)
Post #: 123
RE: Chuck Season 2 - US speed... - 7/4/2009 7:33:39 PM   
Underscore

If Chuck doesn't get picked up for a third season, I might cry.

It's sort of a guilty pleasure which isn't one. The show has been well thought out (it now has a fantastic mythology and universe to delve into), it is incredibly well cast (Levi can do practical comedy flawlessly now - e.g. the ball seat sequence this week) and virtually every week it puts a smile on my face that other shows simply don't. That and the fact it has geek appeal plus manages to be flat out entertaining for anyone who doesn't get 'references' makes me befuddled to why Chuck hasn't got higher ratings.

Anyone else agree?

'Josh: Couldn't you just drop me off the Washington Monument? Bartlet: It's Christmas Josh!, no reason why we can't do both!

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 124
RE: Chuck Season 2 - US speed... - 8/4/2009 10:44:34 AM   
Timon

Well I loved Tricia Helfer's role.....

But yes, Chuck is great fun.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to Underscore)
Post #: 125
RE: Chuck Season 2 - US speed... - 21/4/2009 9:23:23 AM   
Timon

So is that the last ep of the Season? Chuck and Sarah fleeing into the night?

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 126
RE: Chuck Season 2 - US speed... - 21/4/2009 11:33:33 AM   
Underscore

Nope. There's the episode that aired last night (which IMO would have made a great series finale) and there is next week's season finale (they've been advertising it like that, so fingers crossed they'll be a season 3) which apparantly has a 'game-changing' twist and leaves the show open on a cliffhanger. So if it doesn't get picked up, they'll be no resolution to the story so to speak. I think I would murder a NBC executive if that came to happen, since Chuck has been one of the few shows this year which has been consistently good and upped its game from the first season.

'Josh: Couldn't you just drop me off the Washington Monument? Bartlet: It's Christmas Josh!, no reason why we can't do both!

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 127
RE: Chuck Season 2 - US speed... - 27/4/2009 5:24:20 PM   
DJ Satan

Great penultimate episode. I admit I actually cheered when Chuck and Sarah finally got it together. It felt like a last episode so I'm surprised that the finale is tonight.

This better get a third season or I will be so annoyed!

(in reply to Underscore)
Post #: 128
RE: Chuck Season 2 - US speed... - 28/4/2009 11:42:01 AM   
VincentHanna

What is it with brilliant finales this year?
I loved the BSG finale, was surprised by how much I enjoyed the Life finale, and now.....this.

AWESOME finale (pun intended.)

I really hope that there's a third series.

Plenty of scenes and lines had me smirking but there were two or three times within the last fifteen minutes that really made me laugh out loud.

SAVE CHUCK!

No one's listening to you. If you wanna complain, write it on a piece of paper. And shove it up your ass.

(in reply to DJ Satan)
Post #: 129
RE: Chuck Season 2 - US speed... - 28/4/2009 12:01:45 PM   
Timon

If only for getting Chevy Chase back on our screens!

(in reply to VincentHanna)
Post #: 130
RE: Chuck Season 2 - US speed... - 28/4/2009 11:47:20 PM   
DJ Satan

What an ending. There has to be a third series now or at least a big screen adaptation. I'm shocked it's still up in the air.

I just love Chuck 2.0.

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 131
RE: Chuck Season 2 - US speed... - 29/4/2009 7:28:11 AM   
hobx

First, heavy Spoilers ahead, so don't read on if you haven't seen the finale.

Absolutely outstanding. Actually I was JUST starting to tire of the whole stay in the car/ chuck gets captured thing. Only just but it was there and I had hoped that Chuck would be able to access the Intersect information at will awhile back, so I really was astounded with the finale. I know kung fu indeed. Baldwin and Strahovski played their reaction to Chuck 2.0 perfectly as always. Vincent, I totally agree with the Season finale thing this year. If lost continues its streak of greatness and a couple of other shows pick up their game (Fringe is finally getting very interesting, and I haven't seen the heroes finale yet, but I live in hope) then this may be a very classic year in Sci-Fi tv.

Back to Chuck, I'm desperate for a third season, but I'd also be semi satisfied if that is our lot. Just knowing Chuck has finally accepted his role and is out there protecting us makes me all warm and fuzzy inside! ;)

If we do get a third season, it will be interesting to see where they go with this. Will we have a revamped show? It seems like they've removed a big part of the current mix with Morgan leaving for Hawaii and Chuck quitting the by more. I'm curious to see where they'll go from here. I'll be both disipointed and relieved if they hit the reset switch to get the bymore situation back to normal. We shall see I guess.

Finally, a quick shoutout to last episode and Casey's "You did three things wrong" speech. That and Chucks response: "Casey, would you like to help us save my dad" was yet more classic Chuck.

(in reply to DJ Satan)
Post #: 132
RE: Chuck Season 2 - US speed... - 4/5/2009 1:15:10 AM   
Joedini

Well thank your lucky intersects and praise be to Orion ....

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/40960

(in reply to hobx)
Post #: 133
RE: Chuck Season 2 - US speed... - 4/5/2009 1:54:33 AM   
The Mighty

quote:

ORIGINAL: Joedini

Well thank your lucky intersects and praise be to Orion ....

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/40960

I'm not sure what's going on with the Chuck renewal situation. Some sites are reporting that it's been picked up, some sites are saying an announcement has yet to be make, and even Zachary Levi has said that Josh Schwartz emailed him saying the announcement isn't going to be made tomorrow. Very confusing.

I thought the last episode was great. It'll be interesting to see how they work in Chuck's new abilities, but still keep the everyman quality that makes the show so great. Right now, I'm hearing that he doesn't actually keep the power, instead just having it for a brief time after each flash. I guess that means we'll be seeing Chuck flash and get made computer skills, or whatever else they need him to do in the episode.

I was surprised to see Bryce die, but I don't think they ever really handled that part of the storyline successfully. Bryce was supposed to be Chuck's best friend at some point, but they never explored that in the episodes that he appeared in, and his death didn't seem to affect Chuck in a believable way, unlike Sarah's reaction. I would have been cool to see Bryce and Chuck redevelop some kind of relationship over the course of the show. I hope the don't just brush aside the fact that Awesome knows that Chuck is a spy. But still, really great season finale. Josh Schwartz is the greatest.

(in reply to Joedini)
Post #: 134
RE: Chuck Season 2 - US speed... - 4/5/2009 9:48:14 PM   
Timon

Awesome finale... though does this mean there's no more Morgan?

(in reply to The Mighty)
Post #: 135
RE: Chuck Season 2 - US speed... - 5/5/2009 1:00:42 PM   
Blunderbuss

Amongst a general review of NBC's plans for the new TV season Variety are reporting that 'As for "Chuck," the signs are still positive -- but it's become nearly impossible to get a good read on what NBC execs actually plan to do with the show'

There's also talk from various sources (IGN & EW) about NBC possibly ordering fewer episodes next season and possibly retooling the show slightly to try and pick up additional viewers.  Everyone seems to agree that Chuck had a great second season critically speaking but just didn't get the ratings to make it a surefire pickup for a third season.  Personally I hope they don't screw around with the format too much but just find a better way to sell the show to viewers outside its current audience.  NBC have previously tried to sell Chuck as a nerdy-action comedy show and by using gimmicks like 3D but neither approach really does the show justice.  They need to come up with another angle that will capture potential viewers imaginations...

"oh you don't want to shoot him. You'll just make him mad"

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 136
RE: Chuck Season 2 - US speed... - 5/5/2009 1:15:23 PM   
elab49

It is a pity that consistently good writing and great central performances apparently aren't enough

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

(in reply to Blunderbuss)
Post #: 137
RE: Chuck Season 2 - US speed... - 8/5/2009 10:57:49 AM   
Blunderbuss

Latest in the Chuck renewal grapevine is that its going to get a third season but the annoucement has been delayed due to some on-going issues between NBC and Warner Bros, the show's producers.  According to reports NBC owes Warners $2 million pay-or-play fee against a pilot show, Legally Mad, poduced by David E. Kelly, that the network decided not to pick up as a full series.  NBC are apparently trying to get Warners to write off the fee in exchange for full renewal of Chuck and until that little contractual barrier is resolved there will be no formal annoucement on the future of TV's slacker-spy.

"oh you don't want to shoot him. You'll just make him mad"

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 138
RE: Chuck Season 2 - US speed... - 8/5/2009 11:02:02 AM   
elab49

Greedy gits.

Still, good news.

quote:

(in reply to Blunderbuss)
Post #: 139
RE: Chuck Season 2 - US speed... - 13/5/2009 12:48:42 PM   
Nostromo.

Took a while to discover Chuck, but love it. Up to episode 9 of Season 2. Has to be one of the funniest shows I have seen in a while. Got to love Morgan, especially about his dissin' of the Zune player a few episodes back (the one with Missile Command).Have another one of his lines in my signature too. I'm sure Apple secretly sponsor the show!

Hope it gets a new season, if only to stare at Sarah for another 20+ eps.

< Message edited by Nostromo. -- 13/5/2009 12:49:56 PM >

No Time To Bleed

What Do You Use For Bait? Paypal?

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 140
RE: Chuck Season 3 is a go! - 18/5/2009 1:03:28 AM   
Zaphod121

Looks like Chuck will be returning for at least another 13 episodes!
http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/05/its-official-nb.html

"Everyone wins. Except Abed. But, you know, not everyone can win"

My Brothers Web-Series

My YouTube Channel

(in reply to Nostromo.)
Post #: 141
RE: Chuck Season 3 is a go! - 18/5/2009 9:30:17 AM   
Timon

Well that's something!

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 142
RE: Chuck Season 3 is a go! - 21/5/2009 3:37:09 PM   
Zaphod121

So I'm finally catching up on watching this and I'm coming on the 3-D episode, but I don't have any 3-D glasses, anyone have a link to somewhere I can watch a 2-D version?

My Brothers Web-Series

My YouTube Channel

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 143
RE: Chuck Season 3 - US Speed (Comic-con) - 27/7/2009 3:03:34 PM   
Zaphod121

Here's a 10 minute segment from the CHUCK panel at Comic-con, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xho0DGzVDs
near the end someone in the crowd shouts "Yvonne your hot!" and the Adam Baldwin responds with "Wow from like the duh files" brilliant
Really can't wait for Season 3.

< Message edited by Zaphod121 -- 27/7/2009 3:04:38 PM >

My Brothers Web-Series

My YouTube Channel

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 144
RE: Chuck Season 3 - US Speed (Comic-con) - 10/10/2009 2:50:53 PM   
Joedini

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/42666

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 145
RE: Chuck Season 3 - US Speed (Comic-con) - 10/10/2009 3:36:49 PM   
Jeffrey

quote:

ORIGINAL: Joedini

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/42666

"Chuck me!"
Time for obligatory Yvonne Strahovski pics to celebrate!

< Message edited by Jeffrey -- 10/10/2009 3:37:46 PM >

Wong Kar-wai News:

http://wongkarwainews.wordpress.com/

Wrestling gifs tumblr:

http://ilovewrestlinggifs.tumblr.com/

(in reply to Joedini)
Post #: 146
RE: Chuck Season 3 - US Speed (Comic-con) - 10/10/2009 4:01:03 PM   
Zaphod121

Please make it so NBC!

My Brothers Web-Series

My YouTube Channel

(in reply to Jeffrey)
Post #: 147
RE: Chuck Season 3 - US Speed (Comic-con) - 10/10/2009 4:08:05 PM   
Macphist0

Can't believe that NBC, a channel with a mega string of hits has come to down to a show doing about 7.5m being it's savior. Still I goddamn hope it gets a few more viewers, because it's amazingly awesome, easily the most fun tv show in years man.

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 148
RE: Chuck Season 3 - US Speed (Comic-con) - 10/10/2009 5:56:00 PM   
Shifty Bench

I love Chuck and think, if it happens, it's brilliant news but I have to agree with Macphist0,NBC must be desperate. Chuck was nearly axed twice but hopefully this will work and we get more Chuck, Casey and Sarah. 

Extended Edition Podcast- Episode 46:Threads Of Destiny (Star Wars Fan Film)

(in reply to Macphist0)
Post #: 149
RE: Chuck Season 3 - US Speed (Comic-con) - 10/10/2009 6:12:03 PM   
Joedini

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shifty Bench

I love Chuck and think, if it happens, it's brilliant news but I have to agree with Macphist0,NBC must be desperate. Chuck was nearly axed twice but hopefully this will work and we get more Chuck, Casey and Sarah. 

I don't recall it being in danger after season one. It was picked up for a full 22 episode order on the second outing after all

(in reply to Shifty Bench)
Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Chuck Season 2 - US speed... Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI