Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Chuck Season 2 - US speed...

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Chuck Season 2 - US speed... Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Chuck Season 2 - US speed... - 9/10/2008 12:29:22 AM   
Zaphod121

quote:

ORIGINAL: Scruffybobby

Another great episode. Once again Yvonne was hot as anything, and this had to be the most blatant playing up of her looks yet. Liking the new headquarters. John Larroquette played off nicely against the regular cast and I can certainly see him coming back for more.

What's with all the Huey Lewis though?

I look forward to it

(in reply to Scruffybobby)
Post #: 91
RE: Chuck Season 2 - US speed... - 9/10/2008 1:52:52 AM   
honeykid

No need to worry just yet, but it might be worth keeping an eye on the ratings.  Prison Break and Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicle's don't look too clever either

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/a132087/us-ratings-update-heroes-prison-break.html

quote:

Chuck (NBC)
It's only two episodes in to its second season, so it might be a little early to call the fate of comedy spy drama Chuck, but the initial signs aren't especially positive. The premiere pulled in 6.62 million viewers on September 29, a lower audience than any episode of the 13-episode first season. This week it dropped off to 5.89 million. Like Prison Break though, the 18-49 numbers are strong so NBC will be content for now. In fact, the network has already ordered a full season of 22 episodes.

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 92
RE: Chuck Season 2 - US speed... - 9/10/2008 11:07:16 AM   
Scruffybobby

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zaphod121

quote:

Another great episode. Once again Yvonne was hot as anything, and this had to be the most blatant playing up of her looks yet. Liking the new headquarters. John Larroquette played off nicely against the regular cast and I can certainly see him coming back for more.

I look forward to it

You won't be disappointed. It's actually pretty funny. Totally self aware.

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 93
RE: Chuck Season 2 - US speed... - 9/10/2008 1:38:01 PM   
Jim

So Bryce is back again, is he? Remind me what happened with him at the end of Season 1. It turned out he was a total arsehole or something, like he was the one that got Chuck kicked out of Stanford and stuff, right? So him showing up is bad (not just for Chuck and Sarah, I mean).

"Oh shit, swamp leeches! Everybody! Check for swamp leeches and pull them off! ...nobody else got hit? I'm the only one? What's the deal?"

Post #: 94
RE: Chuck - US speed... - 9/10/2008 1:49:05 PM   
Beno

quote:

Nope, Chuck is returning in the fall for..... SEASON 2!!!!

Shuddup with the fall ... and when the hell is it back on UK Telly ??

"The one about the space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedalbin. His Father's a robot and he's fucking fucked his Sister. Lego ... They're all made of fucking Lego!!"

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 95
RE: Chuck Season 2 - US speed... - 9/10/2008 1:54:59 PM   
Zaphod121

quote:

You won't be disappointed. It's actually pretty funny. Totally self aware.

Watched it this morning (woke up at 6:30 and didn't have to be in college till 9:00, what else is there to do? ) And you're totally right, now slow-mo walking I can get, seems logical, but the flipping and crawling along the floor was completely random, but again I really don't care. As for the episode itself I thought it was really good (hope the ratings pick up) the James Bondy type guy was really funny, played off the cast well in being this sort of nice asshole, if that makes sense. Also really enjoyed that woman from The OC, we can always use more hotties on the show But how fucking idiotic is Captain Awesome? (cool that he's a regular this year though) taking love advice from Morgan, when done Chuck though for exploiting the government for him.

Post #: 96
RE: Chuck Season 2 - US speed... - 14/10/2008 8:44:29 AM   
hobx

quote:

It was a homage to Back to the Future :)

Post #: 97
RE: Chuck Season 2 - US speed... - 14/10/2008 9:15:21 AM   
theram05

Another good episode, they're taking the piss with the slow mo's of Yvonne at this point, but do I care, fuck no. Harmless fun this, enjoying it greatly.

What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it. And I don't like it any more than you men.

(in reply to hobx)
Post #: 98
RE: Chuck Season 2 - US speed... - 15/10/2008 12:27:20 PM   
Zaphod121

Good episode, though I fucking Bryce. And what the fuck happened at the end?

(in reply to theram05)
Post #: 99
RE: Chuck Season 2 - US speed... - 15/10/2008 8:49:31 PM   
Scruffybobby

SPOILERS

quote:

You fucking Bryce? Does Sarah know?

Wasn't as keen on this episode, all the stuff with Chuck and co on the mission was good. I just didn't like the stuff with Morgan and the bullies so much. The stuff with Anna beating the guy up in the cage was good though.

Maybe Bryce has updated Cuck with spy skills or something. We'll see next week I guess.

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 100
RE: Chuck Season 2 - US speed... - 15/10/2008 9:22:34 PM   
Zaphod121

quote:

SPOILERS

quote:

You fucking Bryce? Does Sarah know?

Please I'm just using him to get closer to Sarah... perhaps not the best plan in the world.

< Message edited by Zaphod121 -- 15/10/2008 9:24:36 PM >

Post #: 101
RE: Chuck Season 2 - US speed... - 22/10/2008 6:05:31 PM   
Zaphod121

Ok this is getting completely funking ridiculous, bitch fight in the showers??? Good episode though, nice to get some stuff on Sarah's past and a really cute ending too.

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 102
RE: Chuck Season 2 - US speed... - 23/10/2008 1:37:23 PM   
Scruffybobby

Ridiculous perhaps but still bloody entertaining. Bit of a cheat with Sarah's "real" name though. Not sure I'm liking all the Buy More stuff though, it's funny but it's really just filler.

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 103
RE: Chuck Season 2 - US speed... - 28/10/2008 4:49:29 PM   
Zaphod121

Good epi, the usual amount of utter bobbins, "hey I looked over at a guy and his shirt somehow gave me the answer on how to complete the game!" and of course the obligatory slow-mo Sarah scene, always a plus! Though one thing I really liked was having the buy more crew be worked in to the main story line instead of having there own separate one that had nothing to do with the episode. Oh and of course Buster from Arrested Development!

Post #: 104
RE: Chuck Season 2 - US speed... - 12/11/2008 8:17:35 PM   
Scruffybobby

Didn't really like the "Missile Command" epi from last week, It was entertaining enough but it din't really work for me. This weks epi was an improvement. Chuck got to show some real bravery and his attempt to pass the cure to Casey was funny as hell. Plus he gets another hottie to fall for him. Was nice to hear Yvonne use her real accent as well, if only for a couple of lines.

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 105
RE: Chuck Season 2 - US speed... - 16/12/2008 8:19:04 PM   
Scruffybobby

Dear dear this thread looks like it's dying a death. Time to bring it back to life

SPOLERS

Nice episode this week, good to see the main plot and the Buy More shennanigans coneverging. It was anice little twist having Ned and the the cop being part of a Fulcrum plan. Nice to see Michale Rooker as well.  The whole Die Hard thing was pretty bizzare though. Went a bit dark at the end with Chuck witnessing Sarah executing Rooker but not seeing the whole picture. Will be interesting to see where that goes.

Post #: 106
RE: Chuck Season 2 - US speed... - 17/12/2008 9:39:32 AM   
Yeti

quote:

The whole Die Hard thing was pretty bizzare though.

Reginald VelJohnson
That is all.

We sit over our keyboards shoveling Pot Noodles down our mouths. Not because we're hungry. Not because we like them. Just to stifle the sobs for another minute or two.

Post #: 107
RE: Chuck Season 2 - US speed... - 17/12/2008 12:16:11 PM   
Chief Wiggum

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Ned Rhyerson also the name of a character from Groundhog Day?

The Empire Forum Photo Competition - join now for fun and profit. okay no profit, or fun. but do it anyway!

(in reply to Yeti)
Post #: 108
RE: Chuck Season 2 - US speed... - 19/12/2008 12:41:19 PM   
hobx

Absolutely loved this ep. Far from bizarre, I was thrilled with the Die Hard stuff, specially with the re-appearance of one Sgt Al Powell and having say the immortal line "How are we doing in there partner?"

Also, the same version of Ode to Joy from Die Hard, and I'm sure many more references......

(in reply to Chief Wiggum)
Post #: 109
RE: Chuck Season 2 - US speed... - 22/12/2008 10:38:13 AM   
DJ Satan

Don't forget the stalking through the Christmas Trees bit. Isn't that Lethal Weapon?

Don't try to tell me that some power can corrupt a person
You hadn't had enough to know what it's like
You're only angry cause you wish you were in my position
Now nod your head cause you know that I'm right..alright!

(in reply to hobx)
Post #: 110
RE: Chuck Season 2 - US speed... - 22/12/2008 2:51:38 PM   
VincentHanna

Loved this episode.
I thought I recognised Die Hard (as already mentioned), Groundhog Day (Ned Rhyerson), Lethal Weapon (going through the Christmas trees) but also Predator towards the end, when Morgan is buried in the fake snow and just for a split second when he opens his eyes, it's Arnie in Predator.

No one's listening to you. If you wanna complain, write it on a piece of paper. And shove it up your ass.

(in reply to DJ Satan)
Post #: 111
RE: Chuck Season 2 - US speed... - 31/12/2008 11:09:14 AM   
Timon

Awesome Christmas episode!

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to VincentHanna)
Post #: 112
RE: Chuck Season 2 - US speed... - 3/2/2009 9:35:23 PM   
Scruffybobby

SLIGHT SPOILERS

Nice to see ol' Chuckles back, even if the 3D thing made the thing bloody annoying to watch without glasses.

The story wasn't exactly amzing either and Monaghan was pretty much playing an Amped up version of Charlie from Lost. The stuff with Chuck hanging off the lift was funny though. As for that openining scene though, I could almost think a knifing was worth it to wake up to that in the morning.

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 113
RE: Chuck Season 2 - US speed... - 5/2/2009 8:22:27 PM   
Scruffybobby

Aah, managed to get a normal 2d version. Much easier on the eyes

Post #: 114
RE: Chuck Season 2 - US speed... - 6/2/2009 8:49:39 AM   
theram05

Aw man she's fucking astonishing, even if it is totally blatant at this stage...

What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it. And I don't like it any more than you men.

Post #: 115
RE: Chuck Season 2 - US speed... - 8/2/2009 8:00:37 PM   
DJ Satan

Just watched it 2D but after that opening scene I have to get me some 3D glasses.

Hmmm. I feel like a new Avatar coming on.

(in reply to theram05)
Post #: 116
RE: Chuck Season 2 - US speed... - 10/2/2009 10:26:20 AM   
Timon

Grrrrrr. Wolf whistle and indeed, hooooooooooooooooooooowl!

Hubba hubba.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to DJ Satan)
Post #: 117
RE: Chuck Season 2 - US speed... - 18/2/2009 9:48:38 PM   
DJ Satan

Great Chuck this week.

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 118
RE: Chuck Season 2 - US speed... - 11/3/2009 7:38:38 PM   
Scruffybobby

Given the lack of action in this thread would I be right in thinking I'm not the only one who thinks Chuck has gone a liitle stale? The whole will they/won't they thing with Cuck and Sarh is getting a bit dull and the BuyMore stuff is dragging as well. The last few episodes have been watchable but less than enthralling. Still I hope with a bit of a shake up I think the show can get back on track

(in reply to DJ Satan)
Post #: 119
RE: Chuck Season 2 - US speed... - 1/4/2009 7:10:18 PM   
Scruffybobby

The last couple of eps have pulled in the slack a little, which is all good. Great to see Tricia helfer in this week's ep. Hopefully we'll see her again, she and Casey clearly have a connection.

Will be interesting to see how Chuck's dad fits into the proceedings, apparently he's played by
Scott Bakula Always nice to see him.

Post #: 120
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Chuck Season 2 - US speed... Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI