Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Chuck - US speed SEASON 4 FROM PAGE 8 ONWARDS

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> Chuck - US speed SEASON 4 FROM PAGE 8 ONWARDS Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Chuck - US speed SEASON 4 FROM PAGE 8 ONWARDS - 23/9/2007 6:14:49 PM   
homersimpson_esq

Thought this programme (it's so tempting to refer to them as 'shows'...) deserved its own thread, as I see it going on to bigger and better things!

Roll on episode 2!

< Message edited by homersimpson_esq -- 23/9/2010 12:00:51 AM >

That deep-browed Homer ruled as his demesne.

Bristol Bad Film Club
A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.
Post #: 1
RE: Chuck - US speed... - 24/9/2007 2:57:28 PM   
Timon

I really enjoyed Chuck. Wasn't sure I was going to when I saw 'Executive Producer' and 'Directed' by MCG on the screen but I thought.."Hey, Brett Ratner gave us Prison Break."

Good fun and a nice cast of familiar faces such as Adam Baldwin, Tony Todd, Dale Dye and Giftshop Girl from Scrubs.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to homersimpson_esq)
Post #: 2
RE: Chuck - US speed... - 24/9/2007 8:19:54 PM   
Kami89

Thought this was airing before Heroes ? Therefore it wont be out yet, or am I just wrong?

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 3
RE: Chuck - US speed... - 24/9/2007 8:22:46 PM   
hongkongphooey

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kami89

Thought this was airing before Heroes ? Therefore it wont be out yet, or am I just wrong?

The pilot came out a few weeks back, so many of us have seen it already. It is up there on the usual sites.

(in reply to Kami89)
Post #: 4
RE: Chuck - US speed... - 24/9/2007 8:53:52 PM   
Kami89

Ahh yeah I have already seen that, I was just temporarily confused thought today was Tuesday for a bit.

(in reply to hongkongphooey)
Post #: 5
RE: Chuck - US speed... - 24/9/2007 9:04:27 PM   
The Mighty

TV Squad has seen the first 3 episodes, and they say the quality stays just as high. I loved the first episode, can't wait to see the rest.

I hear Summer from The OC is guest staring as a love interest.

(in reply to Kami89)
Post #: 6
RE: Chuck - US speed... - 25/9/2007 8:03:00 PM   
The Mighty

The first episode got 9.3 million viewers, which is pretty good I guess. If it stays at that amount, it should stick around for a while.

(in reply to The Mighty)
Post #: 7
RE: Chuck - US speed... - 2/10/2007 7:30:35 PM   
hongkongphooey

Not so keen on the second episode - not sure why. Not sure how it is going to keep momentum for the whole of the series and found some of the spy stuff a bit boring. Adam Baldwin is fantastic as ever however, and makes it worth watching.

(in reply to The Mighty)
Post #: 8
RE: Chuck - US speed... - 2/10/2007 10:03:51 PM   
Spartacus

Just watched episode 2, did everyone else here the bit about Oceanic Flight 815 being shot down? 

The Emperor... wants to conquer outer space. Yoda... wants to explore inner space. That's the fundamental difference between the light and dark side of the force.

(in reply to hongkongphooey)
Post #: 9
RE: Chuck - US speed... - 2/10/2007 10:39:07 PM   
The Mighty

"Oceanic Flight 815 was shot down by..."

The 2nd episode wasn't as good as the last, but I still loved it. It's just so fun!

(in reply to Spartacus)
Post #: 10
RE: Chuck - US speed... - 3/10/2007 12:44:13 AM   
Art Vandelay

True. It's a very easy show to watch, and it owes so much to Zachary Levi. The man's just full of charisma. And yeah, that "Oceanic" quote was surely a little reference to Lost. Strange seeing as how they're on different networks.

Jamdodge1: The Burial - An epic and tragic tale of Lies, Betrayal, Redemption & jam on a 12 year old's head...

"Fuck! The cunts found us. Get the fucking rifle."

(in reply to The Mighty)
Post #: 11
RE: Chuck - US speed... - 4/10/2007 11:38:08 PM   
homersimpson_esq

You guys noticed the Oceanic 815 bit too then? Heh heh. I love in-jokes like that.

On an in-jokey topic, in the first season of Heroes, when Hiro is searching on the PC for kensei's sword, when he finds it, it has catalogue number CRM-115, a code that Kubrick put in many of his films, including A Clockwork Orange (it appeared as Serum 115 - CRM-Serum, geddit?), which starred a certain Malcolm MacDowell, who was in series 1 of Heroes... A small, but very nerdy in-joke.

Bristol Bad Film Club
A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

(in reply to Art Vandelay)
Post #: 12
RE: Chuck - US speed... - 5/10/2007 9:10:09 AM   
sanchia

I watched this one on a whim.  I didn't even know the premise behind it but found it to be a highly enjoyable first episode.  I have to agree the second episode didn't hold up as well for some reason and it did seem more difficult to watch than the initial episode. 

One good reason to keep watching is Yvonne Strzechowski who certainly filled out the Hot Dog outlets uniform quite deliciously and not a hint of her Australian accent showing.

< Message edited by sanchia -- 5/10/2007 9:13:53 AM >

Nothing to see here.

Post #: 13
RE: Chuck - US speed... - 5/10/2007 9:44:00 AM   
Timon

Still really enjoyable and getting into it even if the second episode was fairly by the numbers. Not trusting his protectors, double agents etc etc.

If they knew this Dr worked for N Korea - why call the muppet in?!?!

Anyway, still great fun - the right blend of humour and drama.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 14
RE: Chuck - US speed... - 5/10/2007 9:55:45 AM   
Captain Black

Any Star Trek fans notice who directed the episode and got a producer credit?

I thought it was a bit of a drop off in quality to be honest. Watched it a few days ago and can barely remember anything about it. Just lacked the energy of the pilot. A few good throwaway lines (and we can say that Chuck and Lost both exist within the same fictional universe now, which should pad out my old thread about such things) brought the humour again, but they seemed to have dialed it down a bit (deliberately) from the pilot, which was odd.

Invisiotext:
[color=#F1F1F1]text[/color]

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 15
RE: Chuck - US speed... - 5/10/2007 9:59:02 AM   
Timon

Robert 'Paris' Duncan McNeil. Yeah, I saw that then IMDB'ed him and saw he's been directing loads of shows recently including The OC - the fool.

Still can't get over the fact McG is the exec producer but then Brett Ratner directed the pilot and exec produces Prison Break....

(in reply to Captain Black)
Post #: 16
RE: Chuck - US speed... - 5/10/2007 4:39:44 PM   
Jim

Yvonne Strzechowski's (Sarah Walker) not bad-looking is she?

Anyway, I'm not enjoying the show as much as I think I should be. It sounds potentially good, but the stories are too ridiculous for me at the moment, with not enough humour. It didn't help that episode 2 was basic territory, like Timon said, double-agents blah blah blah. I'm disappointed. I'll keep watching the next few episodes to give it a fair chance, because I really want to like it but it's not grabbing me when it tries to.

< Message edited by Jim -- 5/10/2007 4:41:51 PM >

"Oh shit, swamp leeches! Everybody! Check for swamp leeches and pull them off! ...nobody else got hit? I'm the only one? What's the deal?"

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 17
RE: Chuck - US speed... - 5/10/2007 9:05:18 PM   
sanchia

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jim

Yvonne Strzechowski's (Sarah Walker) not bad-looking is she?

Passingly fair if that is your type of thing.  I can remember seeing her in a tv programme called Sea Patrol a while ago and it is nice to see she has potentialy advanced her career.

for some reason when I watch this show I keep thinking of Jake 2.0 but I can't really say why.

< Message edited by sanchia -- 5/10/2007 9:07:35 PM >

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to Jim)
Post #: 18
RE: Chuck - US speed... - 10/10/2007 2:39:07 PM   
homersimpson_esq

Well episode 3 was much better than episode 2, with more actual spy stuff. I'll leave off spoilers for if we get any discussion underway, but the best bit? The microwave. 

Bristol Bad Film Club

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 19
RE: Chuck - US speed... - 10/10/2007 9:26:27 PM   
The Mighty

Episode 3 was so great! There isn't that much to discuss, but it's just so much fun to watch.

Post #: 20
RE: Chuck - US speed... - 10/10/2007 11:44:37 PM   
mfj fratelli

Chuck does for espionage what Monk & Psych do for sleuthing.
Light-hearted and funny.
I like it.

The Wire is surely the best TV show ever broadcast in America. This claim isn't based on my having seen all the possible rivals for the title, but on the premise that no other program has ever done anything remotely like what this one does, namely to portray the social, political, and economic life of an American city with the scope, observational precision, and moral vision of great literature.

The Wire has never won an emmy? [It] deserves the Nobel Prize for Literature!

(in reply to The Mighty)
Post #: 21
RE: Chuck - US speed... - 11/10/2007 2:53:40 AM   
Art Vandelay

Great episode this week. Quite a step-up from last week, and to make things even better, it finished with a song from The National.

Oh, and Captain Awsome really is awsome.

Jamdodge1: The Burial - An epic and tragic tale of Lies, Betrayal, Redemption & jam on a 12 year old's head...

"Fuck! The cunts found us. Get the fucking rifle."

(in reply to mfj fratelli)
Post #: 22
RE: Chuck - US speed... - 13/10/2007 10:40:56 PM   
Jack's Rage

I agree that the last ep was a step up from the previous one. The whole double agent thing is just really tiring. But I still think that its too much of a "one trick" pony. Its surviving off of the fact that Chuck himself is extremely likeable and charasmatic. And the leads have good chemestry. The actual writing though is pretty pedestrian (aside from the good one liners strew throughout). Everything is just so predictable. At times I find myself having to ignore the poor plotting completely.

I still enjoy it though. And will continue to watch until I get bored. But I really don't see how they can make the concept work for long.

Its already done so shut up!

(in reply to Art Vandelay)
Post #: 23
RE: Chuck - US speed... - 14/10/2007 1:43:15 AM   
The Mighty

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jack's Rage

I agree that the last ep was a step up from the previous one. The whole double agent thing is just really tiring. But I still think that its too much of a "one trick" pony. Its surviving off of the fact that Chuck himself is extremely likeable and charasmatic. And the leads have good chemestry. The actual writing though is pretty pedestrian (aside from the good one liners strew throughout). Everything is just so predictable. At times I find myself having to ignore the poor plotting completely.

I still enjoy it though. And will continue to watch until I get bored. But I really don't see how they can make the concept work for long.

Show's have survived on a lot less. I'm praying this doesn't get cancelled, and ratings have been solid so far.

(in reply to Jack's Rage)
Post #: 24
RE: Chuck - US speed... - 14/10/2007 11:35:32 PM   
Jack's Rage

Well to be honest bad shows become inexplicably popular all the time (how anyone can actually be legitimately entertained by CSI Miami is beyond me). But I think with this type of show the plots need to be good. Because if not people will get tired of it and tune out.

(in reply to The Mighty)
Post #: 25
RE: Chuck - US speed... - 16/10/2007 8:40:23 PM   
The Mighty

I loved this weeks episode! A lot of people seem to think the new hot girl, what was her name, might end up being Sarah's sister. Seems plausible.

Post #: 26
RE: Chuck - US speed... - 19/10/2007 2:03:16 PM   
homersimpson_esq

Did anyone else notice Morgan's 'so geeky it's cool' bag? I want one!

Bristol Bad Film Club

(in reply to The Mighty)
Post #: 27
RE: Chuck - US speed... - 20/10/2007 1:00:07 AM   
Jack's Rage

I was pretty psyched for the latest ep when I saw it was titled "Chuck vs the Wookie". Yeah it was a pretty dumb reason to be excited...but what can you do. Anyway, it turned out to be the best one so far.

It started out great with the always entertaining hot chick fight (it was obvious it was a girl and that she would be HOT). And how the fuck does a show like this (airing at 7 in the US) get away with Sarah's peek-a-boo booty shot (was she even wearing panties?). Not that I'm complaining of course as she has a lovely little tush.

Anyway, while it still had its usual contrivences and moments of stupidity, this episode was really fun. And sometimes thats enough. Plus adding in an extra hottie was nice. I also thought it struck a nice balance between the "spy" and "pedestrian" stuff. I really liked some of the scenes at the Buy More. And Morgan has grown on me. The show really seems to know what it is and not try to be anything more. Still not sure how they can keep it going for too long. But if they can pull off episodes like this I will enjoy it for now.

Post #: 28
RE: Chuck - US speed... - 20/10/2007 10:52:39 AM   
Timon

I think the whole sequence of Sarah and Karina's battle through goons and her escape on the jetski has to be the best 5 mins of TV i've watched this month.

Post #: 29
RE: Chuck - US speed... - 27/10/2007 9:40:29 PM   
The Mighty

Does anyone else think that Chucks dad may be also been a spy? And thats why he "was never around"? I'm still loving the show, although this weeks wasn't the greatest. The characters gel really well.

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> Chuck - US speed SEASON 4 FROM PAGE 8 ONWARDS Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI