Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Kids and babies thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: Kids and babies thread Page: <<   < prev  35 36 [37] 38 39   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Kids and babies thread - 9/2/2012 8:47:27 AM   
Rebenectomy

Body Hair Beautiful: An Armpits for August Special
http://www.lipstogetherandblow.com/2013/07/body-beautiful.html

(in reply to Hobbitonlass)
Post #: 1081
RE: Kids and babies thread - 9/2/2012 11:36:19 AM   
benmharper

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hobbitonlass

Missed that Ben, great news! Will you have to wait long now?

Thank you

It's a "How long is a piece of string" answer to how long we have to wait.

The phone could ring today or we could wait a while. As far as I understand it, our social worker will try and match us with a child. Then our social worker and the child's will have to agree its a good match before we are given said child's file. If we agree the we go to in front of a panel who has to agree to the match before we are slowly introduced to the child.

Reading that back it sounds like we get to pick and choose our kid from paperwork. Its more a case of, I'd there is anything in the file we don't think we can handle its best being open and honest about it than not being able to cope and everything going to hell for us and the child

#3 member of The Wire fan club. PM Dantes Inferno to join.

Post #: 1082
RE: Kids and babies thread - 9/2/2012 1:02:12 PM   
Fanboyslayer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Funkyrae

Will they let you have a home birth then if you had complications? I have to say that surprises me.

Yeah the complications thank goodness weren't that bad and I think more to do with him being a back to back delivery than anything up with me or him. Just a hard and very long delivery which ended with a venthouse delivery so hopefully this time round thing will be smoother thanks to the other one pretty much bulldozing the way out for this one   The main prob I think was that my watersbroke a few days before I actually went into labour so that may have made things a bit more urgent than they might otherwise have been . I never did look at my notes to get the full picture and I don't really want to have to fork out the money to get copies although I'm a bit tempted to see what the hell actually went on as I was so bombed on gas and air at the time.

Just to spare peoples blushes I feel it's only right that I should point out I'm a girl people! Not in a Crying Game way in the born without a willy way. I hope that's cleared that up.

(in reply to Funkyrae)
Post #: 1083
RE: Kids and babies thread - 9/2/2012 1:05:13 PM   
Funkyrae

Hey, when you're in that stage being bombed on gas & air is about the only positive!

I lost count of how many drugs they put into me, although I do remember telling the anaesthetist that he had beautiful big brown eyes.

That's me that is!

(in reply to Fanboyslayer)
Post #: 1084
RE: Kids and babies thread - 9/2/2012 1:13:05 PM   
Fanboyslayer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Funkyrae

Hey, when you're in that stage being bombed on gas & air is about the only positive!

I lost count of how many drugs they put into me, although I do remember telling the anaesthetist that he had beautiful big brown eyes.

Ha yeah you're not wrong. I'm very much looking forward to the gas and air again. I've told hubby he really should give it a go as well as it's bloody brilliant. I was actualy singing towards the end despite the pain somehow that lovely stuff made me singy.  I tried an epidural but I guess I'm just one of those lucky people who it doesn't quite take with and it was quite there then wore off by the final stage. Oh joy! It was a bit lovely while it lasted though

Good luck in three weeks! I've just hit the 30 weeks mark so on the home stretch now thanks goodness.

Just to spare peoples blushes I feel it's only right that I should point out I'm a girl people! Not in a Crying Game way in the born without a willy way. I hope that's cleared that up.

(in reply to Funkyrae)
Post #: 1085
RE: Kids and babies thread - 9/2/2012 1:17:12 PM   
Fanboyslayer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rebenectomy

Haha looks alot like the nights I've been having the last couple of weeks! Ahh parenthood you just can't prepare for it.

(in reply to Rebenectomy)
Post #: 1086
RE: Kids and babies thread - 9/2/2012 1:27:26 PM   
jonson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Fanboyslayer

Good luck in three weeks! I've just hit the 30 weeks mark so on the home stretch now thanks goodness.

Sorry, just had to quote that bit, made me laugh saying "the home stretch"

I've got all the Barbie ones!!!

Yeah but you're old. Really old. Old. Old. Old. Old.

Post #: 1087
RE: Kids and babies thread - 9/2/2012 1:31:34 PM   
Fanboyslayer

quote:

ORIGINAL: jonson

quote:

Sorry, just had to quote that bit, made me laugh saying "the home stretch"

Thanks Jonson you would have to point that out. Not sitting comfortably now that's for sure hehe

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 1088
RE: Kids and babies thread - 9/2/2012 1:34:08 PM   
Rebenectomy

quote:

Haha looks alot like the nights I've been having the last couple of weeks! Ahh parenthood you just can't prepare for it.

In an act of almost sublime prophecy, this looks like what I'm heading for tonight. My 1 year old nephew is staying over and there's a bit missing from the travel cot, so looks like we'll be sharing a bed.

Post #: 1089
RE: Kids and babies thread - 9/2/2012 1:35:10 PM   
Rebenectomy

quote:

Thanks Jonson you would have to point that out. Not sitting comfortably now that's for sure hehe

Isn't that more afterwards?

Post #: 1090
RE: Kids and babies thread - 9/2/2012 1:43:55 PM   
Fanboyslayer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rebenectomy

quote:

Isn't that more afterwards?

You're not wrong there Reb.

Post #: 1091
RE: Kids and babies thread - 13/2/2012 8:26:42 PM   
Rebenectomy

Just became an Auntie for the third time. My brother in law and his wife just had a little girl.

Post #: 1092
RE: Kids and babies thread - 13/2/2012 8:29:51 PM   
horribleives

I'm kidnapping my two nieces tomorrow so I don't look like a nonce going to see The Muppets on my own.
I knew they'd come in handy some day.

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

Post #: 1093
RE: Kids and babies thread - 13/2/2012 10:43:17 PM   
homersimpson_esq

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives

I'm kidnapping my two nieces tomorrow so I don't look like a nonce going to see The Muppets on my own.
I knew they'd come in handy some day.

Yes, taking children that aren't yours to the cinema definitely avoids that perception...

That deep-browed Homer ruled as his demesne.

Bristol Bad Film Club
A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

(in reply to horribleives)
Post #: 1094
RE: Kids and babies thread - 7/3/2012 7:12:59 PM   
DancingClown

Wow, epic day. Bouncing boy number 3 finally hoisted into this world via the sunroof. Mrs DC shattered and staying in hospital for a few days, although luckily diabetes seems to have vanished again and hopefully no signs of it appearing in DC Junior 3rd.

He was ten pounds exactly.

Now at home alone. Other boys asleep in bed. I am inert and bloated after consuming a pizza bigger than my head. What shall I do now? Think I might just stare at the wall for a while.

Astronomic Tune Boy

'The town knew darkness, and darkness was enough.'

"Storm just bleeewwww me away..."

(in reply to homersimpson_esq)
Post #: 1095
RE: Kids and babies thread - 7/3/2012 7:19:04 PM   
Woger

quote:

ORIGINAL: DancingClown

Wow, epic day. Bouncing boy number 3 finally hoisted into this world via the sunroof. Mrs DC shattered and staying in hospital for a few days, although luckily diabetes seems to have vanished again and hopefully no signs of it appearing in DC Junior 3rd.

He was ten pounds exactly.

Now at home alone. Other boys asleep in bed. I am inert and bloated after consuming a pizza bigger than my head. What shall I do now? Think I might just stare at the wall for a while.

Prepare for number 4?
Congrats, a ten pounder is a hell of a baby.

Eddie: "Weve been burgaled"
Richie: You may have been, but I have never in my life. As a christian I am so tightly clenched, oh you mean burgaled
- - -
There were originally five horsemen of the apocalypse. Jack Bauer said he would travel by foot

(in reply to DancingClown)
Post #: 1096
RE: Kids and babies thread - 7/3/2012 7:19:26 PM   
Harley Quinn

Many Many congratulations DC.

"A mother's love for her child is like nothing else in the world. It knows no law, no pity, it dares all things and crushes down remorselessly all that stands in its path."

Owner of the Naughty Milkmaid.

Post #: 1097
RE: Kids and babies thread - 7/3/2012 7:26:37 PM   
Harry Tuttle

Congrats DC.

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

(in reply to Harley Quinn)
Post #: 1098
RE: Kids and babies thread - 7/3/2012 7:31:43 PM   
matty_b

Congrats, DC.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze
Mattyb is a shining example of what the perfect Empire Forum member is.

(in reply to Harry Tuttle)
Post #: 1099
RE: Kids and babies thread - 7/3/2012 7:33:21 PM   
MovieAddict247

Congratulations DC (and, of course, to Mrs DC)

VOTE NOW for your favourite vocalist - Empire's Favourite Voices

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 1100
RE: Kids and babies thread - 7/3/2012 7:41:19 PM   
Hobbitonlass

Ace news DC! Congratulations to your new addition

Come join in the Photo competition http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3116407&mpage=1&key=

(in reply to MovieAddict247)
Post #: 1101
RE: Kids and babies thread - 7/3/2012 10:37:04 PM   
DancingClown

Thank you for your kind words, you gorgeous people.

Time will tell how the other two little soldiers - George is nearly 4, Teddy is 19 months - will take to the new addition. They seem to be coping quite well with their mum being away so far.

The new little (big) fella is called William. I have only just realised the significance of this and it pleases me.

Astronomic Tune Boy

Post #: 1102
RE: Kids and babies thread - 7/3/2012 11:29:35 PM   
JIm R

Congrats DC, all the best to you and yours :-)

Post #: 1103
RE: Kids and babies thread - 8/3/2012 1:47:12 PM   
Funkyrae

quote:

ORIGINAL: Woger

Congrats, a ten pounder is a hell of a baby.

Yep, sure is. My boy was born on 1st March weighing in at a hefty 10lb 2 1/2 oz. Lighter than my daughter, but what's 5 oz between family?

That's me that is!

(in reply to Woger)
Post #: 1104
RE: Kids and babies thread - 8/3/2012 3:39:48 PM   
Fanboyslayer

Woohoo congrats Funky and DC! Blimey both goodsized little men there.

(in reply to Funkyrae)
Post #: 1105
RE: Kids and babies thread - 24/3/2012 8:59:40 AM   
DancingClown

Oh dear, chickenpox alert.

Friend was round yesterday with her little girl and noticed spots on her back when bathing her later that evening. Confirmed this morning that it is chickenpox. Shit. Now my wife's had it when she was little. Me and my oldest boy both got it together back in 2010 - that was FUN - but middle-boy (who's 19 months) hasn't had it yet. If he gets it he gets it, he's fairly robust and it's a good age to get it - as weird as it sounds. But we do have a newborn who's only two weeks old. His mum in particular is starting to panic already about things like pneumonia but of course the baby should be okay for a while if the mother's immune. Right....?

Anyone here had experience of chickenpox and newborns?

Astronomic Tune Boy

Post #: 1106
RE: Kids and babies thread - 26/3/2012 9:30:22 AM   
sharkboy

quote:

Friend was round yesterday with her little girl and noticed spots on her back when bathing her later that evening. Confirmed this morning that it is chickenpox. Shit. Now my wife's had it when she was little. Me and my oldest boy both got it together back in 2010 - that was FUN - but middle-boy (who's 19 months) hasn't had it yet. If he gets it he gets it, he's fairly robust and it's a good age to get it - as weird as it sounds. But we do have a newborn who's only two weeks old. His mum in particular is starting to panic already about things like pneumonia but of course the baby should be okay for a while if the mother's immune. Right....?

Not simultaneously I'm afraid, but if being breast-fed wouldn't that offer some level of immunity (or at least make him less likely to contract it)?

My little 'un turned 8 at the weekend.  Fuck, I feel old!

WWLD?

Every time we think we have measured our capacity to meet a challenge, we look up and we're reminded that that capacity may well be limitless

I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

Post #: 1107
RE: Kids and babies thread - 28/3/2012 1:23:35 PM   
Funkyrae

quote:

You have nothing to worry about. Your newborn still has his mother's antibodies from the womb to keep him safe. He'll be fine.

My daughter has just had shingles, just as my boy turned 11 days! I was told there was nothing to worry about as I had chickenpox antibodies which I passed onto my boy.

That's me that is!

Post #: 1108
RE: Kids and babies thread - 16/4/2012 11:11:15 PM   
chewbacasnapsak

My kids are 6, and I'm looking to start reading something a bit more substantial to them at bedtimes, as much as I love stuff like Room On A Broom and Cat in the Hat.

Anyone got any suggestions? I was thinking of starting with the Narnia books.

"who'd pay a million dollars to have me killed"
"jealous husbands, outraged chefs, humiliated tailors...the list is endless"

(in reply to Funkyrae)
Post #: 1109
RE: Kids and babies thread - 16/4/2012 11:16:12 PM   
Hood_Man

A mate of mine announced on Facebook he was going to be a dad so I sent him a really nice message saying congratulations.

...it was a Frape

(in reply to chewbacasnapsak)
Post #: 1110
Page:   <<   < prev  35 36 [37] 38 39   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: Kids and babies thread Page: <<   < prev  35 36 [37] 38 39   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI