Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Kids and babies thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: Kids and babies thread Page: <<   < prev  34 35 [36] 37 38   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Kids and babies thread - 10/12/2011 1:08:47 PM   
Harley Quinn

Huge huge congratulations, welcome to the world Freya!

"A mother's love for her child is like nothing else in the world. It knows no law, no pity, it dares all things and crushes down remorselessly all that stands in its path."

Owner of the Naughty Milkmaid.

(in reply to Funkyrae)
Post #: 1051
RE: Kids and babies thread - 10/12/2011 1:54:33 PM   
Rebenectomy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Brooksy84

The little mare is good as gold during the day but not a great sleeper at night time, can be unsettled even after a feed and doesnt want to stay in her basket even though she's fine during daylight. Anyone else find this in the very early days?

Yeah, you're getting an insight into the golden rule of early years. Babies are arse holes. Not comfortable unless you're in some sort of discomfit, guaranteed to sleep through the night for days on end until the very night before you have to get up early for something important, will sleep through the sound of passing lorries, workmen and fire alarms but wake up at the slightest creek of a floor board.

Congrats, and enjoy the next 3 years

Body Hair Beautiful: An Armpits for August Special
http://www.lipstogetherandblow.com/2013/07/body-beautiful.html

(in reply to Brooksy84)
Post #: 1052
RE: Kids and babies thread - 10/12/2011 6:03:30 PM   
matty_b

Congrats!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze
Mattyb is a shining example of what the perfect Empire Forum member is.

(in reply to Rebenectomy)
Post #: 1053
RE: Kids and babies thread - 16/12/2011 10:48:58 PM   
juanvasquez

It's been 6 months to the day since little miss Vasquez came along. Best 6 months ever!

She learnt a new skill today. Shuffle over to the Christmas tree on her back, use her feet to move the baubles towards her and then grasp them like the shiny preciouses they are.

Check out my cult games reviews and features at Horror Cult Films

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 1054
RE: Kids and babies thread - 19/12/2011 3:15:43 PM   
Funkyrae

Just back from seeing my midwife. At 29 weeks I should have a bump measuring 29cm, I'm measuring 33cm meaning that my baby is about a month ahead growth wise.

Considering my daughter was 10lb 8oz and 27" at birth, it looks as though my son is heading in the same direction.

That's me that is!

(in reply to juanvasquez)
Post #: 1055
RE: Kids and babies thread - 19/12/2011 8:06:53 PM   
benmharper

After months of assessments, we've now been officially approved as adopters. A nice early christmas pressie

#3 member of The Wire fan club. PM Dantes Inferno to join.

(in reply to Funkyrae)
Post #: 1056
RE: Kids and babies thread - 19/12/2011 8:09:38 PM   
Funkyrae

That's wonderful news. A friend of mine adopted a two year old boy earlier this year, I don't think I've ever known her happier.

That's me that is!

(in reply to benmharper)
Post #: 1057
RE: Kids and babies thread - 19/12/2011 8:18:30 PM   
steffols

quote:

ORIGINAL: benmharper

After months of assessments, we've now been officially approved as adopters. A nice early christmas pressie

Thats fantastic news Ben. I've been following your posts on here and been rooting for you. People adopt or foster kids are amazing people in my opinion. Good luck with everything Ben.

It's midnight in Manhattan, this is no time to get cute, it's a mad dog's promenade,
So walk tall, or baby don't walk at all.

(in reply to benmharper)
Post #: 1058
RE: Kids and babies thread - 19/12/2011 8:26:39 PM   
benmharper

Thanks

We were really hoping it came before Xmas and started getting annoyed as our approval panel appointment (sit in front of 12 social workers and the like and answer questions) kept getting put back but they squeezed us in last week.

A relaxing quiet Xmas is in order as there shouldn't be just the 2 of us next year

(in reply to steffols)
Post #: 1059
RE: Kids and babies thread - 19/12/2011 9:31:24 PM   
juanvasquez

Well done, dude. Made up for you!

Check out my cult games reviews and features at Horror Cult Films

(in reply to benmharper)
Post #: 1060
RE: Kids and babies thread - 23/1/2012 6:15:17 PM   
Rebenectomy

Belated congrats Ben.

Reached two linguistic mile stones with the wee man yesterday. He told me that he loved me and also owned up to farting. Not sure which one I was more proud of to be honest.

(in reply to juanvasquez)
Post #: 1061
RE: Kids and babies thread - 25/1/2012 9:00:16 AM   
Funkyrae

At least he's not trying to blame the dog. A boy who can grow up admitting to his own farts, now that will be a man indeed.

That's me that is!

(in reply to Rebenectomy)
Post #: 1062
RE: Kids and babies thread - 25/1/2012 12:56:36 PM   
Fanboyslayer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Funkyrae

Just back from seeing my midwife. At 29 weeks I should have a bump measuring 29cm, I'm measuring 33cm meaning that my baby is about a month ahead growth wise.

Considering my daughter was 10lb 8oz and 27" at birth, it looks as though my son is heading in the same direction.

Congrats Funky. I'm not too far behind you at 28 weeks. Feel massive already as well told that's normal for second one but my first wasn't exactly slight to say the least A ten pounder first time round hats off for going in a second time!

Just to spare peoples blushes I feel it's only right that I should point out I'm a girl people! Not in a Crying Game way in the born without a willy way. I hope that's cleared that up.

(in reply to Funkyrae)
Post #: 1063
RE: Kids and babies thread - 25/1/2012 2:02:01 PM   
Funkyrae

Good luck FBS!

Finally saw my consultant today, he's really nice! For the first time I feel like I'm in safe hands.

C-Section is booked for 1st March - medically necessary after the first time round. Five weeks to go, eek!

That's me that is!

(in reply to Fanboyslayer)
Post #: 1064
RE: Kids and babies thread - 25/1/2012 8:21:05 PM   
Fanboyslayer

quote:

Good luck FBS!

Finally saw my consultant today, he's really nice! For the first time I feel like I'm in safe hands.

C-Section is booked for 1st March - medically necessary after the first time round. Five weeks to go, eek!

So exciting! Good luck with it. I'm going for a home birth this time round. Not sure if I'm nuts but I hate hospitals and last time was bit of a nightmare so I think I'd rather be at home. Must be nice in a way to know exactly when the baby is coming.

Just to spare peoples blushes I feel it's only right that I should point out I'm a girl people! Not in a Crying Game way in the born without a willy way. I hope that's cleared that up.

(in reply to Funkyrae)
Post #: 1065
RE: Kids and babies thread - 25/1/2012 9:13:11 PM   
Funkyrae

Wow! Good luck with the home birth. My brother was born at home, my mum said it was far better and the dog was allowed in too so, you know, bonus. I absolutely salute you. Unfortunately I had too many complications with my first birth, there's not a hope in hell of me having a natural birth this time. The doctors don't particularly want me to and I'm damned if I'm going through that trauma again!

There's something almost civilised with the whole thing this time. Knowing when the baby is coming means I can just relax about the whole thing.

I take it you'll have a midwife there at least?

That's me that is!

(in reply to Fanboyslayer)
Post #: 1066
RE: Kids and babies thread - 8/2/2012 2:33:36 PM   
Fanboyslayer

quote:

Wow! Good luck with the home birth. My brother was born at home, my mum said it was far better and the dog was allowed in too so, you know, bonus. I absolutely salute you. Unfortunately I had too many complications with my first birth, there's not a hope in hell of me having a natural birth this time. The doctors don't particularly want me to and I'm damned if I'm going through that trauma again!

There's something almost civilised with the whole thing this time. Knowing when the baby is coming means I can just relax about the whole thing.

I take it you'll have a midwife there at least?

Oh goodness yeah for sure. The first birth was not fun and got very complicated at the end so there's no way I want to take any chances. Part of the reason I'm going with home is because the same midwife or it might even be two stay with you the entire birth which is a hell of alot better than the progressively crap midwives I went through in hospital. I'm hoping if I'm at home with a midwife I at least have some relationship with I'll be alot more relaxed and it will be an easier birth. Some of the midwives I had in hospital were just horrible.

(in reply to Funkyrae)
Post #: 1067
RE: Kids and babies thread - 8/2/2012 2:40:10 PM   
JIm R

quote:

ORIGINAL: benmharper

I hope to look at the possibility of becoming a adoptive parent in the future, just whether or not single people are allowed, will have to look into this aspect of the process.

Well done Ben by the way, huge congrats.

(in reply to benmharper)
Post #: 1068
RE: Kids and babies thread - 8/2/2012 3:45:43 PM   
Funkyrae

Unless the laws have changed, no, single people can't adopt. Which means even if one parent is a natural parent and the child wants to be adopted by the step parent, the natural parent has to adopt too.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Fanboyslayer

Oh goodness yeah for sure. The first birth was not fun and got very complicated at the end so there's no way I want to take any chances. Part of the reason I'm going with home is because the same midwife or it might even be two stay with you the entire birth which is a hell of alot better than the progressively crap midwives I went through in hospital. I'm hoping if I'm at home with a midwife I at least have some relationship with I'll be alot more relaxed and it will be an easier birth. Some of the midwives I had in hospital were just horrible.

Will they let you have a home birth then if you had complications? I have to say that surprises me.

That's me that is!

(in reply to JIm R)
Post #: 1069
RE: Kids and babies thread - 8/2/2012 3:55:18 PM   
JIm R

quote:

Unless the laws have changed, no, single people can't adopt. Which means even if one parent is a natural parent and the child wants to be adopted by the step parent, the natural parent has to adopt too.

Sorry Funky, I meant as a single person (i.e. on my own with no partner, not single as in non-married).

(in reply to Funkyrae)
Post #: 1070
RE: Kids and babies thread - 8/2/2012 3:57:45 PM   
Funkyrae

Again though, to my knowledge, unless the laws have changed; no a single person cannot adopt.

The example I gave was that even if it's a step-parent trying to adopt they can't. The natural parent has to adopt as well. They must because a single person - with or without a partner - can't adopt.

Unless of course you happen to be Madonna and go to Malawi for whichever child looks the prettiest in the line-up.

That's me that is!

(in reply to JIm R)
Post #: 1071
RE: Kids and babies thread - 8/2/2012 4:03:04 PM   
matty_b

Hold on, am I reading this right? The natural (i.e. birth parent) has to adopt their own child?

quote:

(in reply to Funkyrae)
Post #: 1072
RE: Kids and babies thread - 8/2/2012 4:04:24 PM   
Rebenectomy

Laws must have changed, single people can definitely adopt. Weirdly enough, in Northern Ireland a single person can adopt. However, if they are co-habiting rather than married, only one person out of that couple can adopt and the other has to apply for a residency agreement. You can't adopt as a couple regardless of civil partnership or long term commitment, unless there is a ring on your heterosexual finger.

Edit: From http://www.direct.gov.uk

quote:

Who can apply to adopt?
The following are eligible to apply to adopt:
single people (irrespective of their sexual orientation)

< Message edited by Rebenectomy -- 8/2/2012 4:06:40 PM >

(in reply to Funkyrae)
Post #: 1073
RE: Kids and babies thread - 8/2/2012 4:06:07 PM   
Funkyrae

quote:

ORIGINAL: matty_b

Hold on, am I reading this right? The natural (i.e. birth parent) has to adopt their own child?

My mum did when my stepdad adopted my brother - so yeah. Although, that was some time ago.

Looks like Reb's right which is absolutely fantastic. Good luck Jim!

Three weeks tomorrow for my baby

< Message edited by Funkyrae -- 8/2/2012 4:09:28 PM >

That's me that is!

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 1074
RE: Kids and babies thread - 8/2/2012 4:14:14 PM   
JIm R

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: matty_b

My mum did when my stepdad adopted my brother - so yeah. Although, that was some time ago.

Looks like Reb's right which is absolutely fantastic. Good luck Jim!

Three weeks tomorrow for my baby

Thanks Funky, it's a plan for the future when I've got things settled a bit more and thanks Reb for comfirming.

(in reply to Funkyrae)
Post #: 1075
RE: Kids and babies thread - 8/2/2012 4:15:45 PM   
matty_b

Well that's cleared up then. I thought it was bizarre because my brother-in-law adopted my niece, but I don't recall my sister having to adopt her own daughter.

quote:

(in reply to JIm R)
Post #: 1076
RE: Kids and babies thread - 8/2/2012 4:28:22 PM   
jonson

Belated congrats Ben.
Yes, I have a friend who has just adopted his second child. He is single, early 40's and is a brilliant Dad (and a great Mum too ) he pretty much changed my opinion on single parent adoption as he's utterly devoted his time to them, and while there is no female presence in the house (he has a boy and a girl now) things seem pretty fine. He does make a point of having female influences around, I know he ships the kids to his sisters now and again.
He hasn't ruled out marriage in the future, but knew he wanted kids more than he wanted to run down the aisle with (perhaps) the wrong girl.

I've got all the Barbie ones!!!

Yeah but you're old. Really old. Old. Old. Old. Old.

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 1077
RE: Kids and babies thread - 8/2/2012 4:38:15 PM   
JIm R

quote:

ORIGINAL: jonson

Belated congrats Ben.
Yes, I have a friend who has just adopted his second child. He is single, early 40's and is a brilliant Dad (and a great Mum too ) he pretty much changed my opinion on single parent adoption as he's utterly devoted his time to them, and while there is no female presence in the house (he has a boy and a girl now) things seem pretty fine. He does make a point of having female influences around, I know he ships the kids to his sisters now and again.
He hasn't ruled out marriage in the future, but knew he wanted kids more than he wanted to run down the aisle with (perhaps) the wrong girl.

It's very unlikely I can have children of my own but feel I have a lot to give as potential dad and a person, I have the disposition to be a father and this would be the 'natural' way forward. I feel I could offer a child a safe and inspirational foundation from which to build.

< Message edited by JIm R -- 8/2/2012 4:45:55 PM >

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 1078
RE: Kids and babies thread - 8/2/2012 6:20:37 PM   
benmharper

Thanks again for the well wishes folks

Reb's defo correct, they were single people on some of the courses we went on. Good luck with it Jim if you decide to go for it

and good luck with the upcoming births all those having them

(in reply to JIm R)
Post #: 1079
RE: Kids and babies thread - 8/2/2012 7:03:34 PM   
Hobbitonlass

Missed that Ben, great news! Will you have to wait long now?

Come join in the Photo competition http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3116407&mpage=1&key=

(in reply to benmharper)
Post #: 1080
Page:   <<   < prev  34 35 [36] 37 38   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: Kids and babies thread Page: <<   < prev  34 35 [36] 37 38   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI