Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> Sleeper Cell Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Sleeper Cell - 6/12/2005 2:55:43 AM   
Barefoot Doctor

Anyone catch this? Spoilers for 1.01, Al Faitha:

Found the pilot to be pretty brilliant.

Knew from reading a synopsis that he was an undercover cop, so that twist was lost on me.

The stoning at the end was absolutely horrific. Very glad he shot him because watching that scene was becoming difficult.

I'm wondering if they'll go the Donnie Brasco route and have Darwin tempted to join the cause for real. Going to make for interesting TV whatever route they go.

Loved when Darwin kicked the guys asses on the train then told them "he's a sikh you dumb motherfucker" - ah cable, let the 'fucks' flow.

Here's the shows very unusual schedule:

Sunday 4th December
Monday 5th December
Tuesday 6th December
Wednesday 7th December
Sunday 11th December
Monday 12th December
Tuesday 13th December
Wednesday 14th December
Sunday 18th December (2 hour finale)

< Message edited by Barefoot Doctor -- 7/12/2005 2:34:07 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Sleeper Cell - 23/1/2006 2:43:54 PM   
Timon

quote:

ORIGINAL: Vertigo...Woo.Yay.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Timon

I can see myself though downloading Season 5 of 24....simply because i like watching it commercial free and when it comes to a show like that...i don't want to wait.

There's another thing. The BBC, in global terms, is unique, and we're spoiled rotten by it. Adverts are a neccessary evil with import drama, because without those ads: no shows. Simple as that. Again, downloading has the side affect of making series less of a proposition to advertisers (and they will, suckers of Satan's cock that they are, find another way to reach you anyway).

What can i say? I like being spoilt

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh
Post #: 2
RE: Sleeper Cell - 1/12/2006 1:48:04 PM   
Timon

Season 2 starts on Dec 10 in the US. Have ordered my R1 Sleeper Cell DVD in anticipation.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Post #: 3
RE: Sleeper Cell - 10/12/2006 11:15:33 AM   
Barefoot Doctor

Just a reminder that Season 2 starts tonight. There's 8 episodes in Season 2 and they're airing on consecutive nights, so the season will end next Sunday. That's going to be a lot of downloading but it's not so bad since most shows have stopped now.

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 4
RE: Sleeper Cell - 10/12/2006 1:33:08 PM   
Mycroft

Here's a trailer for the second season. I was expecting an entirely new cast this time, glad to see otherwise though.

(in reply to Barefoot Doctor)
Post #: 5
RE: Sleeper Cell - 12/12/2006 1:09:44 AM   
Barefoot Doctor

Spoilers for 2.01, Al-Baqara:

Good to have the show back.

One thing I really like about this show is how the cell members aren't the sterotypical Islamic extremists. Last year we had a French thug and a white American. This time we have a Dutch woman and a Latino gangbanger. Looking forward to seeing the cell members get some more characterisation - they really fleshed out Tommy, Christian and Ilija last season and the same should happen here.

I don't like that Darwyn is the leader of the new cell. Last season the majority of the tension came from Darwyn not having a clue what Farik had up his sleeve. He was out of the loop and that made his job more difficult and interesting. But as the leader he's the one who is privvy to all the information, so there's going to be less tension. And it should be easier for him to stop the cell members if he's the one giving orders. But it's early doors yet so maybe a new leader will emerge?

I was glad to see the remaining terror cell members return this year. I'm not really sure where they're going with Ilija. He seems to have cut ties with other terrorists and is just escaping the country. He must get caught up in things again somehow. It would be interesting if he joined the cell and took over as leader.

And the show wouldn't be complete without Farik. Oded Fehr is a total badass in the role. The final shot of him in the episode was just terrifying. Here's hoping he escapes soon! Is he somehow still contacting the outside world? Would explain what happened to Serxner.

Speaking of Serxner, what a death! Disappointed the character is gone, she was cool and the chemistry between her and Darwyn was strong. Wonder what his new handler will be like?

So yeah, good to see the show back. But I don't really have a feel for where the rest of the season is going to go. Will it focus on the cell and the attack it's going to carry out? Or is the emphasis going to be on finding the people who Farik worked with, the real leaders? Will Serxner's death send Darwyn over the top? And how will Ilija factor into things?

(in reply to Mycroft)
Post #: 6
RE: Sleeper Cell - 13/12/2006 8:49:17 AM   
Timon

An excellent start to the new series but like Barefoot, I'm wondering where the threat will come from if Darwyn is the leader of the cell.

Serxner's death was shocking and that makes two case officers that Darwyn has seen die now (both throats cut as well), hopefully third time's the charm.

Will be watching Eps 2 and 3 tonight.

(in reply to Barefoot Doctor)
Post #: 7
RE: Sleeper Cell - 19/12/2006 8:57:50 PM   
Timon

Wow. Just finished watching the end of Season 2 and what an ending.

SPOILERS

Hopefully, they'll be a Sleeper Cell III but obviously Darwyn can no longer be a U/C. If anything, he'll be dedicated to tracking down Farik.

Glad Ilyia survived as I find his story one of the most interesting. How he is trying to move on and how his terrorist ways have cost him everything and how he's trying to change but fate won't let him.

The new Cell were interesting in their own ways but the Mexican member i felt was underwritten and Salim being gay felt a tad extreme but it was very well done.

I really do love this show, a smart alternative to the 24....not that 24 is not great fun.

Post #: 8
RE: Sleeper Cell - 20/12/2006 7:32:28 PM   
Mycroft

Good season, not quite as good as the first, mainly because Farik wasn't involved so much. Darwyn made for a bit of a passive cell leader, I would have kept the original guy on longer. All the deaths were well done though.

Weird having it over already, and only 8 episodes! Twas 10 last time I think.

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 9
RE: Sleeper Cell - 1/2/2007 9:07:02 AM   
Timon

Apparantly it's NOT being picked up for a third season.

Bugger.

(in reply to Mycroft)
Post #: 10
RE: Sleeper Cell - 11/9/2007 11:55:48 AM   
Timon

THE FUTURE OF 'SLEEPER CELL' IS NOT RULED OUT BY SHOWTIME
Season Three could follow the route of BBC's PRIME SUSPECT

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By CARL CORTEZ, Contributing Editor
Published 7/15/2007

While it was one of Showtime’s most talked about series, SLEEPER CELL never garnered a third season pick-up, but at this weekend’s Television Critics Association Summer session, Robert Greenblatt, President of Entertainment for Showtime, reveals that he wouldn’t rule out revisiting the series in the near future.

“We have been talking very loosely about possibly revisiting [the series] down the road, but no firm plans at all,” says Greenblatt. “We don’t have holds on any of those actors, but we thought, sort of along the lines of [the BBC program] PRIME SUSPECT, every few years you could do another installment. It might be interesting to see what the state of terrorism is, a couple years of now and possibly look at another SLEEPER CELL installment. I hope the state of terrorism will be vastly improved, but unfortunately, I don’t think it will.”

Woohoo! False hope!

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 11
RE: Sleeper Cell - 10/10/2007 1:24:08 PM   
torres9

Exactly what I was thinking Timon anyway let's hope they do bring it back for another instalment since it's definitely be one of the best programmes in the last couple of years.

P**$** over 24 and shows how it should be done.

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 12
RE: Sleeper Cell - 18/12/2007 2:35:43 PM   
Professor Moriarty

I'm just halfway thru Season 1 right now.
I didn't know anything about Season 2, so I'll be looking forward to that.

A very good show.
Post #: 13
RE: Sleeper Cell - 28/2/2011 8:57:08 PM   
Timon

If anyone hasn't seen this, Season 1 is 4.99 on Amazon. Shows 24 for up for the ridiculousness that it is....

(in reply to Professor Moriarty)
Post #: 14
RE: Sleeper Cell - 28/2/2011 9:21:53 PM   
Darth Marenghi

quote:

ORIGINAL: Timon

If anyone hasn't seen this, Season 1 is 4.99 on Amazon. Shows 24 for up for the ridiculousness that it is....

Thanks for the tip, Timon - very tempted to rewatch at that price.

Invisible Text for SPOILERS: "color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color" , then change the quotation marks to square brackets.

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 15
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> Sleeper Cell Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI