Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
- 5/9/2007 2:23:41 AM   
alimac

i take back what i said about death proof i saw it a while back so i am going to watch it again and judge it properly as a single film as i only saw the Grinhouse one and was unimpressed because Planet terror was so fun and it was a change in direction to watch girls chatting as apose to Zombies

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 61
Pure Tarantino - 5/9/2007 6:28:40 PM   
menace76

reading through everyones comments, its clear that everyone has very different and varied opinions of all Taratino's movies and nobodys favourites are the same. therefore there is no reason why everyone will love or hate Death Proof. You can't say its good or bad, but it is worth watching. I saw it last night and I loved it, thought it was pure tarantino, the dialogue, the music, the not knowing exactly which way the film is going to turn. Loved the bad editing and scratchy grainy film look. Didn't think it was neccessary to put Eli Roth in it though.

I loved Pulp Fiction and Jackie Brown but thought the Kill Bill movies were way overhyped and had a real let down ending. But not everybody will agree. Reservoir dogs is genius but i've seen it so many times now that i can't stand the film anymore.

Post #: 62
Pure Tarantino - 5/9/2007 6:29:58 PM   
menace76

reading through everyones comments, its clear that everyone has very different and varied opinions of all Taratino's movies and nobodys favourites are the same. therefore there is no reason why everyone will love or hate Death Proof. You can't say its good or bad, but it is worth watching. I saw it last night and I loved it, thought it was pure tarantino, the dialogue, the music, the not knowing exactly which way the film is going to turn. Loved the bad editing and scratchy grainy film look. Didn't think it was neccessary to put Eli Roth in it though.

I loved Pulp Fiction and Jackie Brown but thought the Kill Bill movies were way overhyped and had a real let down ending. But not everybody will agree. Reservoir dogs is genius but i've seen it so many times now that i can't stand the film anymore.

Post #: 63
Pure Tarantino - 5/9/2007 6:35:59 PM   
menace76

Post #: 64
I have already seen it and it's not going to work. - 6/9/2007 2:59:52 PM   
epeemaster

I have managed to see a screening of the Grindhouse movie with both features plus the extra faux-trailers. I thought the combo was absoloutely brilliant. It was just like watching all those dodgy home videos from yesteryear.

I thought Tarantino's was the weaker of the two features as Planet Terror had more laughs and grit. This was more like a pointless girl-power movie and I thought that it is a sure sign that Tarantino needs to get a grip and do what he does best.

This may work with the re-edit, but I feel that I wouldn't be inspired to spend £7 going to see this. I would wait for the Grindhouse Double-Bill to come out and enjoy that instead. Believe me, it is really, really fun!

Post #: 65
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI