Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Planet Terror

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Planet Terror Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Planet Terror - 31/8/2007 5:40:22 PM   
sanchia

As so many others have said Planet Terror was the significantly better film and that in itself was a mediocre film.

< Message edited by sanchia -- 31/8/2007 5:44:21 PM >

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 31
the weaker of the two - 31/8/2007 6:24:35 PM   
corvis

I did prefer Planet Terror (as do other folks apparently).

I also hate this BS with the release date, as someone else said it's out on DVD in the US before it hits cinemas here.

Post #: 32
just nto good enough - 31/8/2007 6:31:32 PM   
BlueDragon21120

this films trailer doesnt tell you mcuh about the story and it really just loks lieka poor effort from QT. why doesnt he just try to amke movies ratehr than try to make 'events' out of his work.

Post #: 33
never known about the Pulp Fiction sequel called The Ve... - 31/8/2007 7:14:20 PM   
alimac

just read new empire i didn't realise there has been a pul fiction sequel in the works called the vega brothers

Post #: 34
Stupid Weinstein - 1/9/2007 11:28:19 AM   
SimonSpur

This film lost all of its fun when Harvey Weinstein decided to split up the Grindhouse. I am so so glad I got to see the double-bill in the States, and would urge everyone to stay away and watch the two films together (hopefully) on DVD, as they were intended.

It really irks me that just because US audiences didn't flock to Grindhouse, Weinstein thinks that European audiences won't either. Does the man not realise Tarantino wouldn't be where he is today were it not for UK audiences for Reservoir Dogs. We get it here. Eveyone I spoke to in the UK was SO excited to see Grindhouse.

Screw Weinstein. Boycott the movies until you can see them together.

Post #: 35
Split up! - 1/9/2007 12:21:38 PM   
benlack

The US DVD release is also splitting the films to milk the cash cow dry. And to make it worse Death Proof is out weeks BEFORE planet terror, so it's contradicting the intended order.

Post #: 36
Seen It month's ago... - 1/9/2007 1:28:15 PM   
punchdrunk

It's a great cinema experience! Turkey normally has to wait months after the UK release but this time it was shown at the cinemas here in June! bit of an insult to uk cinema goers.

Post #: 37
dogs and fiction - 1/9/2007 1:54:23 PM   
BlueDragon21120

I love the now 'old' tarantino films as other posters clearly do, but I'm not unwilling to point out that this trailer looks really shit, and even thou Iv not seen it PLanet Terror looks lieka real laugh where as this just looks uninteresting, unadventurious and juvinile. Its true, its just all girls ass and no real expersition to what the film is like, about or why its even been made other to make money, thats not why I got interested in Tarantinos films.

Post #: 38
Damned stupid Americans - 1/9/2007 1:55:27 PM   
kinge247

Damn the Americans for not getting or being arsed to attend there own fucking concept.
I get Grindhouse and was really looking forward to it. Please release it in cinemas so we can make up our own minds. The Americans are all fat tards with no imagination, hence Bush.
I will still watch Death Proof and no doubt enjoy it emmensely but it will be marred by a feeling of being robbed like with Kill Bill.

< Message edited by kinge247 -- 1/9/2007 2:08:55 PM >

Post #: 39
How can it be a 'world exclusive" when the movie h... - 1/9/2007 4:08:14 PM   
DrZeus

This movie opened like four months ago over here, come on!

Post #: 40
- 1/9/2007 4:26:04 PM   
alimac

Hey don't blame the weinstiens they invested money in this and haven't got it back so there only doing the right thing realesing it separate to try and get money back .trust me it's better like that because Death Proof sucked ass

Post #: 41
RE: - 1/9/2007 4:41:05 PM   
Lex Romero

Eh, i found the film pretty "meh" to be honest.  Not sure it's going to work without it being part of 'grindhouse', i don't think it'll make much sense.  Also the last thing i thought whilst watching the film was "boy, i sure do wish there was 25 minutes extra of these boring talking scenes between these unlikeable female characters!", so i'm not looking forward to the extended single version. 

Also did anyone else hate what tarintino did to Stuntman mike in the last 15 minutes?  He was the coolest and most likeable character in the thing

spoiler!!!!

To have him go from being badass killer to "omg i'm so sorry, please stop chasing me girls!  boo hoo hoo!" was just plain embarresing, if anything in teh final chase i was rooting for mike to snap out of his wimpiness and kill the girls.

end spoiler

< Message edited by Lex Romero -- 1/9/2007 4:43:15 PM >

My Film list for 2009:

http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=2164869&mpage=39

(in reply to alimac)
Post #: 42
- 1/9/2007 5:59:12 PM   
Jexxon

This film was 90 minutes of a bunch of girls talking about nothing, followed by a 15 minute long car chase. If people didn't know Tarantino directed it, I seriously doubt they would praise it (or even manage to stay awake).

Post #: 43
- 1/9/2007 8:03:40 PM   
alimac

it lacked that snappy dialouge from Pulp and Dogs even though the film was rubbish it was good to see a real chase instead of a CGI one

Post #: 44
3.5% proof - 2/9/2007 10:56:04 AM   
godzilavskennyrogers

A lot of fuss over one movie is a bit fruity,i mean QT makes such a big deal(2nd film,3rd film etc) over the releases ,everyone thinks it's worth waiting for and you know,sometimes it isn't.Only J.B. and P.F. were any good.The rest is well...ordinary.Only it was propelled into public minds by the middle classes masquerading as cineastes straining to maintain an edge of street cred in light of their advancing years.QT is cinema's Jeremy Clarkson.How rad.

< Message edited by godzilavskennyrogers -- 2/9/2007 10:58:08 AM >

Post #: 45
Roadhouse Vamp - 2/9/2007 2:11:46 PM   
JJHunsecker_36

ANYONE out there know the music from this trailer, please?

Post #: 46
- 2/9/2007 2:49:38 PM   
alimac

maybe he's lost his touch mean it was bound to happen you can't continue to make 5 star films all the time.I hated Death proof but i would still want to see Inglorious Bastards if he ever gets off his butt and makes it

Post #: 47
- 3/9/2007 1:38:29 AM   
aron

I saw this recently and it's dissapointing. Way too much jibba jabba and not enough Kurt Russell. It's a shame really because Stuntman Mike had the potential to be as memorable as Snake Pliskin and Jack Burton.

Post #: 48
Top Movie - 3/9/2007 11:51:08 AM   
D-ToX

I've seen Grindhouse and I thought Deathproof was great, better than Planet Terror which was cheesey shit, exactly what it was supposed to be though.
I now have the 2 disc extended / Unrated version of Deathproof and its even better. I think that it is his best film since Pulp Fiction, not that any have been bad since then.

Anyone who says that there is two much talking in the film is not a real Tarantino fan, for those that are; dismiss their comments as the talky bits are what makes a Tarantino movie.
I kind of agree about there not being enough of Kurt Russell but then again he is the killer and you never get that much screentime as the killer is always in the background.

I love this film, the talk is as cool as ever and the music rocks. I can't wait to see Tarantino's take of a War movie after that we need a Western and a Sci-Fi and maybe even a Rom -Com lol

Post #: 49
- 3/9/2007 12:40:06 PM   
alimac

It was as bad as snakes on a plane

Post #: 50
- 3/9/2007 3:21:11 PM   
Cate Sonders

Why the hate? Death Proof was awesome! I simply LOVE QT's way of telling a story and this was yet another amazing brain child. You just have to respect the way he lets the characters evolve and build up the plot! So stop bad mouthing this diamond... take it out on Planet Terror instead - it had it's moments but generally I felt like I was watching Danielle Steel with zombies; what's up with the extremely low quality of plot and dialogue???? Rodriguez is pathetic!

Post #: 51
- 3/9/2007 3:28:22 PM   
alimac

No because i enjoyed Planet Terros sillyness and was bored out of my mind by Death Proof it was abysmal it was just crap and the ending was shit i was gutted with QT's lazyness i hope to god he makes Inglorious bastards next to redeem his self

Post #: 52
RE: - 3/9/2007 8:42:13 PM   
BlueDragon21120

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cate Sonders

Why the hate? Death Proof was awesome! I simply LOVE QT's way of telling a story and this was yet another amazing brain child. You just have to respect the way he lets the characters evolve and build up the plot! So stop bad mouthing this diamond... take it out on Planet Terror instead - it had it's moments but generally I felt like I was watching Danielle Steel with zombies; what's up with the extremely low quality of plot and dialogue???? Rodriguez is pathetic!

How can you say this movie ah great characters and story telling based on that trailer...? It was rubbish, the film looks really shallow.

Regardless of you opinion of Planet Terror or other Rodriguez films, this looks utter shit.

(in reply to Cate Sonders)
Post #: 53
RE: Top Movie - 3/9/2007 8:45:57 PM   
BlueDragon21120

quote:

ORIGINAL: D-ToX
Anyone who says that there is two much talking in the film is not a real Tarantino fan, for those that are; dismiss their comments as the talky bits are what makes a Tarantino movie.

Based on the trailer this film is all action (and pretty dull looking action at that) so if I went to see it  and there was lots of tlaking it wouldnt be to bad, but If i liekd the look of the actiona dn got all talkies.... id be well pissed regardless of fandom.

Can we stop sucking cock adn look at this film seperate from previous work. If it wasnt directed by QT you'd likly slate this film.

(in reply to D-ToX)
Post #: 54
recover - 3/9/2007 11:22:35 PM   
alimac

It's Qts first major turkey but hell recover from it Robert Rodriguez recoverd from spy kids

< Message edited by alimac -- 3/9/2007 11:23:49 PM >

Post #: 55
Reality - 4/9/2007 1:52:13 PM   
dukeman

I think QT jumped the shark with Jackie Brown. The two Kill Bills were pointless and I'm guessing Death Proof will be the same (The vast majority are saying DP sucks). And I wouldn’t get too excited about Inglorious Bastards. Even if he does get around to making it, he's disappeared up his own arse and that's the way things are going to stay.

Post #: 56
- 4/9/2007 3:51:01 PM   
alimac

i disagree i have faith that if QT gets off his arse and Makes Inglorious Bastards it will be not as good as Dogs and Pulp but will be near that standard of film.He could give WW2 a refreshing aproach show us what soldiers really are like rather than the hero status people like spielberg give them don't get me wrong i loved Ryan but it would be good to see something different

Post #: 57
AWESOME FILM!!! - 4/9/2007 3:56:58 PM   
one martian

i saw this in paris back in june under the title boulevard de la mort and it was a riot! the audience loved it in the theatre... myself and 2 people i was with also loved it. none of us expected to like it after hearing it wasnt too great, but its really worth a trip to the cinema to see!!!

Post #: 58
RE: recover - 4/9/2007 4:05:08 PM   
BlueDragon21120

quote:

ORIGINAL: alimac

It's Qts first major turkey but hell recover from it Robert Rodriguez recoverd from spy kids

The difference being that SpyKids is for children and that Death Proof is not. SpyKids is dull for adults but for Children its great, and thats what Rodriguez set out to do, amke a kids film. So no need to recover. I dont think QT can pull himself out of this now tbh. I like Kill Bill, but is there really any reason a studio wouldn't trust him with a four hour movie? not really, clearly  Kill Bill was more of a product than a movie regardless of Tarantino's own denial.

You can't dance about saying this is going to be a good film, when evn the most devout fans are saying its bad 'but he will recover' before they've even seen it.

Hey it could still be cool, its the trailer that sucks at the moment.

(in reply to alimac)
Post #: 59
- 4/9/2007 5:08:05 PM   
alimac

I saw spy kids when i was a kid and it sucked so your wrong and QT will recover just spielberg recoverd and so did Ridley scott and so did Marty Scorsse so your wrog

Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Planet Terror Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI