Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Who you seeing?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Audiophile >> RE: Who you seeing? Page: <<   < prev  38 39 [40] 41 42   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Who you seeing? - 24/1/2013 9:20:59 PM   
horribleives

Forgot about them...and Dexys, obviously.

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 1171
RE: Who you seeing? - 25/1/2013 1:08:02 PM   
SwozTheRevenge

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives

My Bloody Valentine
Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds
Wu Tang Clan
Deerhunter
Animal Collective
Breeders
Grizzly Bear
Metz
Neurosis
Meat Puppets
Hot Snakes
Titus Andronicous
Death Grips
Dinosaur Jr
Crystal Castles
Tame Impala
Bob Mould
The Knife
The Postal Service
Fiona Apple
Shellac
Four Tet
Swans

...and loads of others.
Aaah, beautiful Primavera - don't ever change.

Blimey!

@ChairmanBLAOW

(in reply to horribleives)
Post #: 1172
RE: Who you seeing? - 29/1/2013 10:30:53 AM   
SwozTheRevenge

@ChairmanBLAOW

Post #: 1173
RE: Who you seeing? - 2/2/2013 3:04:34 AM   
Mister Coe

The Who!

The bloody Who!

Playing 'Quadrophenia', my favourite album of all time, in full!

Yes, it was an expensive ticket, but fuck it, I am a happy Coe right now.

Say what now?

(in reply to SwozTheRevenge)
Post #: 1174
RE: Who you seeing? - 2/2/2013 2:00:22 PM   
Indio

John C. Reilly (or just John Reilly as its advertised) & Friends at St. Giles In The Field next Thursday, with Fionn Regan opening the show.

'Think about the future.'

(in reply to Mister Coe)
Post #: 1175
RE: Who you seeing? - 2/2/2013 7:24:05 PM   
moontheloon

Steve Reich at the Symphony Hall in Birmingham in March

A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night and in between he does what he wants to do

(in reply to Indio)
Post #: 1176
RE: Who you seeing? - 2/2/2013 8:21:00 PM   
MonsterCat

quote:

ORIGINAL: SwozTheRevenge

A mostly pretty good line-up.

I say mostly because there's a lot of bands I haven't heard of in there.

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to SwozTheRevenge)
Post #: 1177
RE: Who you seeing? - 2/2/2013 11:10:59 PM   
rikkie

Going to be rocking Kraftwerk at the Tate Modern next Fri for Trans Europe Express. Bring it on!

Oh no, not the bees! Not the bees! Ahhhhhh! All over my eyes! Eyes! Blaaaarghhh!

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 1178
RE: Who you seeing? - 4/2/2013 9:10:39 PM   
Mister Coe

Smashing Pumpkins at Manchester Academy.

I gotta say, I hope Billy Corgan is in a better mood than he was when SP played the big Manchester Arena a few years back... ok, it was only half-full, but there's no need to be such a bitch about it.

Say what now?

(in reply to rikkie)
Post #: 1179
RE: Who you seeing? - 5/2/2013 9:11:18 PM   
Mister Coe

Just got a ticket to Frank Turner And The Sleeping Souls.

Can't wait for 'Tape-Deck Heart'.

Say what now?

(in reply to Mister Coe)
Post #: 1180
RE: Who you seeing? - 5/2/2013 9:54:43 PM   
moontheloon

Thurston Moore and Michael Chapman are doing a gig at the Glee Club In Birmingham, apparently they're doing a set each, then ending with a joint set, could be interesting.

A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night and in between he does what he wants to do

(in reply to Mister Coe)
Post #: 1181
RE: Who you seeing? - 7/2/2013 8:53:58 PM   
Skiba

B52s are playing the o2 in August and they're one of my missus' favourite bands...debating whether to go with her. Like a lot of their stuff but not a huge fan. My mate who's going with the missus reckons the crowd is going to be mainly glammed-up middle-aged queens!

Have a good time, all the time.

(in reply to moontheloon)
Post #: 1182
RE: Who you seeing? - 7/2/2013 9:36:06 PM   
Cloud Cuckoo

The Stranglers in Edinburgh in March, then Muse in Manchester in June.

Wish I could afford a ticket to see Paul Weller at Edinburgh Castle, goes on sale tomorrow :-(

------

In Thom we trust.

(in reply to Skiba)
Post #: 1183
RE: Who you seeing? - 8/2/2013 8:59:30 AM   
squeezyrider

For the first time in ages I actually have a few gigs lined up. Which is fantastic...

I'm seeing Willy Mason at The Wardrobe in Leeds on Friday 8 March
Stornoway at The Cockpit on Weds 13 March
And James supported by Echo and The Bunnymen at the Academy in April.

After that it's Live at Leeds which is a brilliant all day multi venue festival.

Can't wait... 

Yorkshire is a place...

Yorkshire is a state of mind.

(in reply to zombiemaster)
Post #: 1184
RE: Who you seeing? - 8/2/2013 10:33:55 AM   
Indio

Karly Hyde at the Union Chapel in April.

(in reply to squeezyrider)
Post #: 1185
RE: Who you seeing? - 8/2/2013 12:41:52 PM   
talpacino

Bloc Party next week. Haven't seen them live in about 8 years and haven't listened to them since the second album which I really didn't like. Still I'm kind of looking forward to it.

Currahee!

It's a different film. It's a very different film! It's a different shark!

Suppose I shot ya..How'd that be?

(in reply to Indio)
Post #: 1186
RE: Who you seeing? - 14/2/2013 10:14:06 AM   
Indio

Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds at the Hammersmith Apollo in October.

(in reply to talpacino)
Post #: 1187
RE: Who you seeing? - 21/2/2013 10:03:43 PM   
Mister Coe

Bruce Springsteen tickets go on sale tomorrow for his show at the brand-new Leeds Arena... he normally plays stadiums and football grounds, but to see him in a venue that has a roof on it... wow.

I'll be online at 9am but, let's face it, most of those tickets ain't gonna go anywhere near the general public... they're gonna go straight to those websites that have massive mark-ups. Channel 4 did a documentary about it a while back. I'll be bloody surprised if I get a ticket, quite frankly, and if I do, it'll be right at the back, yet still paying top-price...

What do you guys think? Who is getting the massive mark-up in prices? Does the artist know how the fans are getting ripped off or are they getting a cut? Or is the distributor having a laugh?

Say what now?

(in reply to Indio)
Post #: 1188
RE: Who you seeing? - 22/2/2013 7:59:49 AM   
Peter Griffin

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mister Coe

I gotta say, I hope Billy Corgan is in a better mood than he was when SP played the big Manchester Arena a few years back... ok, it was only half-full, but there's no need to be such a bitch about it.

Go on what did he say?

"No point in mentioning these bats, I thought. Poor bastard will see them soon enough."

"Me and Pete Griffin would make a beautiful Dead Space ass kicking baby."

(in reply to Mister Coe)
Post #: 1189
RE: Who you seeing? - 22/2/2013 8:32:53 PM   
Mister Coe

quote:

ORIGINAL: Peter Griffin

quote:

Go on what did he say?

Well, he didn't say anything... SP did a brilliant first half of the set, then spent the second half playing new stuff that, let's face it, nobody was into. I don't have a problem with bands getting into their new material, but when it's been universally panned from fans and critics alike, I think it's a bit self-indulgent to wallow in it when nobody wants to hear it. When this didn't get the expected adulation, the set ended with ten minutes of droning, non-musical crap that sucked the atmosphere out of the place quicker than a pitchfork in a spacesuit. I'm not joking, the guy in the seat next to me fell asleep!

Me and my mate left after that, but I'm told that Billy and his new mates refused to come on for the expected encore after that.

Fuck it... it's not truly Smashing Punpkins anyway.

Say what now?

(in reply to Peter Griffin)
Post #: 1190
RE: Who you seeing? - 25/2/2013 7:46:51 AM   
twisted_state

Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, 7th April in Berlin

Just can't stop thinking about this gig

http://www.filmtied.com/user/dawid_zuchowicz

(in reply to Mister Coe)
Post #: 1191
RE: Who you seeing? - 25/2/2013 8:13:58 AM   
squeezyrider

quote:

Bruce Springsteen tickets go on sale tomorrow for his show at the brand-new Leeds Arena... he normally plays stadiums and football grounds, but to see him in a venue that has a roof on it... wow.

I'll be online at 9am but, let's face it, most of those tickets ain't gonna go anywhere near the general public... they're gonna go straight to those websites that have massive mark-ups. Channel 4 did a documentary about it a while back. I'll be bloody surprised if I get a ticket, quite frankly, and if I do, it'll be right at the back, yet still paying top-price...

What do you guys think? Who is getting the massive mark-up in prices? Does the artist know how the fans are getting ripped off or are they getting a cut? Or is the distributor having a laugh?

Did you manage to get tickets for this? I got mine on the Wednesday through O2 Priority. And a Friend of mine went and queued for tickets at Leeds Town Hall. He got there at about half eight and had to wait five hours before he got served but they had a certain allocation and they closed the queue so if you were in it you were getting a ticket.

Seems like a grand way of doing it if you ask me. And once they get into the swing of things they should get faster at serving.

Yorkshire is a place...

Yorkshire is a state of mind.

(in reply to Mister Coe)
Post #: 1192
RE: Who you seeing? - 25/2/2013 8:54:12 PM   
Mister Coe

quote:

ORIGINAL: squeezyrider

quote:

Did you manage to get tickets for this? I got mine on the Wednesday through O2 Priority. And a Friend of mine went and queued for tickets at Leeds Town Hall. He got there at about half eight and had to wait five hours before he got served but they had a certain allocation and they closed the queue so if you were in it you were getting a ticket.

Seems like a grand way of doing it if you ask me. And once they get into the swing of things they should get faster at serving.

Nah, sold out before I could get a decent link on the website. Glad you got them though, enjoy! If you've never seen Bruce before, you're in for a great night!

Again, I say... do you think that the artists know that the fans are getting ripped off (and settle back, knowing that their big expensive cut of the profits is coming to them) or is it a big scam from the ticket agencies that people like Bruce would be really pissed off about? I could get tickets for Bruce In Leeds for a few hundred quid if I wanted to... but I ain't paying that out of sheer principle

Say what now?

(in reply to squeezyrider)
Post #: 1193
RE: Who you seeing? - 25/2/2013 8:59:20 PM   
emogeek

quote:

quote:

quote:

Go on what did he say?

Well, he didn't say anything... SP did a brilliant first half of the set, then spent the second half playing new stuff that, let's face it, nobody was into. I don't have a problem with bands getting into their new material, but when it's been universally panned from fans and critics alike, I think it's a bit self-indulgent to wallow in it when nobody wants to hear it. When this didn't get the expected adulation, the set ended with ten minutes of droning, non-musical crap that sucked the atmosphere out of the place quicker than a pitchfork in a spacesuit. I'm not joking, the guy in the seat next to me fell asleep!

Me and my mate left after that, but I'm told that Billy and his new mates refused to come on for the expected encore after that.

Was that at the MEN on the Zeitgeist tour?

Was unlucky enough to be there that night - dull is an understatement. Never seen so many people walking out. We only stayed to the end as the tickets weren't cheap!

Was actually glad they didn't do an encore as we were bored shitless by the time they left the stage. Only saving grace was the fact that they played "Drown"

The Fear Of Blood Tends To Create Fear For The Flesh

Have you ever been halfway through eating a horse and then realised you weren't as hungry as you thought you were?

(in reply to Mister Coe)
Post #: 1194
RE: Who you seeing? - 25/2/2013 10:58:41 PM   
Mister Coe

quote:

ORIGINAL: emogeek

quote:

quote:

quote:

Go on what did he say?

Was that at the MEN on the Zeitgeist tour?

Was unlucky enough to be there that night - dull is an understatement. Never seen so many people walking out. We only stayed to the end as the tickets weren't cheap!

Was actually glad they didn't do an encore as we were bored shitless by the time they left the stage. Only saving grace was the fact that they played "Drown"

That's the one! I say again that the first hour was excellent but after that... jesus.

You said your tickets weren't cheap? I hope you won't hate me when I say that me and my mate got tickets off E-bay for... 3 each. And they were really good seats.

It was worth 3.

Say what now?

(in reply to emogeek)
Post #: 1195
RE: Who you seeing? - 27/2/2013 5:25:24 PM   
horribleives

Corgan's always been a bit awkward like that - I saw them at Reading in 1995 and over half the set was made up of tracks from 'Melon Collie...'. Which wasn't out for another three months. Apparently he took the right huff when they played Newcastle last year too. All things considered he's something of a prick.
Which segues nicely into someone who very much isn't a prick and I'm going to see tomorrow night - the godlike Mark Eitzel. Can't wait.

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to Mister Coe)
Post #: 1196
RE: Who you seeing? - 8/3/2013 10:31:15 AM   
Indio

Atoms For Peace at the Roundhouse at the end of July, and Tindersticks at the Barbican at the end of October.

Post #: 1197
RE: Who you seeing? - 9/3/2013 3:57:23 AM   
Mister Coe

So, I booked a little mini-break in London in mid-April and was mooching about the gig websites and guess what..?

JAMES and ECHO AND THE BUNNYMEN at Brixton Academy!

Yay! My ticket is booked...

Say what now?

(in reply to Indio)
Post #: 1198
RE: Who you seeing? - 10/3/2013 3:30:14 PM   
Mister Coe

Another little treat lined up! Suede in Nottingham! Also got a really good deal on a hotel room! Happy times!

Say what now?

(in reply to Mister Coe)
Post #: 1199
RE: Who you seeing? - 15/3/2013 10:40:43 AM   
matty_b

Camera Obscura in June. Some jingly-hangly Scottish happiness in my life.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze
Mattyb is a shining example of what the perfect Empire Forum member is.

(in reply to Mister Coe)
Post #: 1200
Page:   <<   < prev  38 39 [40] 41 42   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Audiophile >> RE: Who you seeing? Page: <<   < prev  38 39 [40] 41 42   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI