Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Who you seeing?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Audiophile >> RE: Who you seeing? Page: <<   < prev  36 37 [38] 39 40   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Who you seeing? - 17/6/2012 10:32:31 PM   
horribleives

quote:

ORIGINAL: Spider

Currently booked for rest of 2012:

Bruce Springsteen - Stadium of Light
Atlas Sound - Scala
Afghan Whigs - Koko
Jens Lekman - The Haunt, Brighton
Dirty Projectors - Roundhouse
Godspeed You! Black Emperor - Forum
Kurt Vile - Forum

With loads more I want to add!

Really want to go to that (amazingly it's still not sold out) but I'm waiting for the fixture list to come out and praying that Newcastle aren't playing at home that day.

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to Spider)
Post #: 1111
RE: Who you seeing? - 17/6/2012 10:39:07 PM   
donethinking

The Walkmen in Glasgow in October...

(in reply to horribleives)
Post #: 1112
RE: Who you seeing? - 22/6/2012 12:40:52 PM   
dr. salvador

Currently booked for this year:

Refused @ Manchester Academy - 14th August
New Found Glory + Less Than Jake + The Story So Far + Man Overboard @ Manchester Academy - 5th November
Frank Turner @ Sheffield Academy - 19th November

"Say hey Johnny boy, the battle call.
United we stand, divided we fall.
Together we are what we can't be alone,
We came to this country, you made it our home."

Post #: 1113
RE: Who you seeing? - 26/6/2012 9:00:19 PM   
Hobbitonlass

17th August in Belfast with Sharky and TK!! Can't flipping wait

Come join in the Photo competition http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3116407&mpage=1&key=

(in reply to dr. salvador)
Post #: 1114
RE: Who you seeing? - 26/6/2012 10:58:20 PM   
MonsterCat

I have Steel Panther in Brixton this November.

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to Hobbitonlass)
Post #: 1115
RE: Who you seeing? - 27/6/2012 4:49:22 PM   
Third Eye

Gaslight Anthem in October!

The pitch-black night unfolds with the morning star as its only light.

And thus, the saga begins.....

Twitter: oli2033

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 1116
RE: Who you seeing? - 27/6/2012 6:42:14 PM   
paul_ie86

Lady Gaga and Leonard Cohen within a week of eachother in September, and Bat for Lashes in November, I think

My Group Project's facebook page. Please like

(in reply to Third Eye)
Post #: 1117
RE: Who you seeing? - 28/6/2012 1:07:49 PM   
Indio

Aphex Twin at the Barbican in October.

'Think about the future.'

(in reply to paul_ie86)
Post #: 1118
RE: Who you seeing? - 28/6/2012 2:58:34 PM   
Swoz_MK

Action Bronson next Wednesday

(in reply to Indio)
Post #: 1119
RE: Who you seeing? - 6/7/2012 11:59:40 AM   
horribleives

Unsane and Big Business tonight.
Which means I'll be deaf tomorrow.

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to Swoz_MK)
Post #: 1120
RE: Who you seeing? - 15/7/2012 10:36:47 AM   
steffols

Wast at Bruce Springsteen at Hard Rock Calling last night. What can I say. What do you say when you see your two musical heroes on stage playing together? Not many people will ever get to see that in their life. When I say it was a dream come true, it doesn't do it justice. I never dreamt that I would see Paul McCartney and Bruce Springsteen live in their own right let alone together! I cried so much joy I couldn't tell if it was tears or rain.

Other highlights include John Fogerty coming on stage to sing The Promised Land with Bruce. Nils Lofgren absolutely ripping it up on Because The Night. Never seen him play like that, it was incredible! Getting to hear Spirit In The Night, my absolutely favourite Springsteen song live with Jake Clemons being just amazing on the sax. And Tom Morello joining Bruce on stage for The Ghost Of Tom Joad was definitely a highlight. That man can play.

Jake Clemons was amazing. He stayed up in the horns section most of the gig. Probably not wanting to stand in the place of Big C. There was a beautiful bit during My City Of Ruins where Bruce paid tribute to him without even speaking his name. 'He is here and you know how I know he's here? Because I can hear him in all of your voices'. During the sax solo of Born To Run, his face was gorgeous. He was playing that for one man and the look of pride on his face brought tears to my eyes. Again.

And of course Paul. What an amazing surprise. Nobody in the crowd saw that coming and place just went crazy. Well I did at least! He came on and sang I Saw Her Standing There which is the song that my other half first sang and continues to sing to me so it was special in more ways than one. Twist and Shout was amazing.

A lot has been said for cutting the power. It's such a shame that he couldn't wrap up such an incredible gig. I'm annoyed at that. It should never have happened. Steve Van Zandt said they would've been off by 11pm but I didn't want to miss any of the gig and I had to be back at Fenchurch Street Station for ten to midnight. As would a lot of people probably need to get to train stations and so on. It was a rude way of ending such a fucking tremendous gig, but someone has to stop the man! He is the very definition of unstoppable!

Amazing night, amazing memories which I will hold for a lifetime.

< Message edited by steffols -- 15/7/2012 10:38:18 AM >

It's midnight in Manhattan, this is no time to get cute, it's a mad dog's promenade,
So walk tall, or baby don't walk at all.

Post #: 1121
RE: Who you seeing? - 15/7/2012 1:14:35 PM   
horribleives

quote:

ORIGINAL: steffols

Wast at Bruce Springsteen at Hard Rock Calling last night. What can I say. What do you say when you see your two musical heroes on stage playing together? Not many people will ever get to see that in their life. When I say it was a dream come true, it doesn't do it justice. I never dreamt that I would see Paul McCartney and Bruce Springsteen live in their own right let alone together! I cried so much joy I couldn't tell if it was tears or rain.

Other highlights include John Fogerty coming on stage to sing The Promised Land with Bruce. Nils Lofgren absolutely ripping it up on Because The Night. Never seen him play like that, it was incredible! Getting to hear Spirit In The Night, my absolutely favourite Springsteen song live with Jake Clemons being just amazing on the sax. And Tom Morello joining Bruce on stage for The Ghost Of Tom Joad was definitely a highlight. That man can play.

Jake Clemons was amazing. He stayed up in the horns section most of the gig. Probably not wanting to stand in the place of Big C. There was a beautiful bit during My City Of Ruins where Bruce paid tribute to him without even speaking his name. 'He is here and you know how I know he's here? Because I can hear him in all of your voices'. During the sax solo of Born To Run, his face was gorgeous. He was playing that for one man and the look of pride on his face brought tears to my eyes. Again.

And of course Paul. What an amazing surprise. Nobody in the crowd saw that coming and place just went crazy. Well I did at least! He came on and sang I Saw Her Standing There which is the song that my other half first sang and continues to sing to me so it was special in more ways than one. Twist and Shout was amazing.

A lot has been said for cutting the power. It's such a shame that he couldn't wrap up such an incredible gig. I'm annoyed at that. It should never have happened. Steve Van Zandt said they would've been off by 11pm but I didn't want to miss any of the gig and I had to be back at Fenchurch Street Station for ten to midnight. As would a lot of people probably need to get to train stations and so on. It was a rude way of ending such a fucking tremendous gig, but someone has to stop the man! He is the very definition of unstoppable!

Amazing night, amazing memories which I will hold for a lifetime.

One thing I like about Broooce is his ability to take what coming from anyone else would sound like sentimental tripe and make it genuinely heartfelt. There aren't many artists of his wealth and stature who really mean it, man, but it's quite clear he does. A mate of mine was there last night and he texted saying that seeing Springsteen live 'makes you realise what an insultingly worthless piece of shit someone Axl Rose is'. 'Nuff said.

(in reply to steffols)
Post #: 1122
RE: Who you seeing? - 15/7/2012 10:05:17 PM   
steffols

Absolutely. I love how he takes the time to talk to the crowd. Like properly talk to them, not just the usual 'greatest crowd' pish you usually get. One guy had a sign with an obscure track on it and various cities Bruce has played in the last few months crossed out where he hasn't played this song. Bruce took the sign said to the guy 'Tonight, you are gonna hear this damn thing'. It was amazing. The look on the mans face was magical, his life has clearly been made. The same for the little boy he got up on stage to sing Waitin' On A Sunny Day. It's stuff like this which makes him a legend.

It's midnight in Manhattan, this is no time to get cute, it's a mad dog's promenade,
So walk tall, or baby don't walk at all.

Post #: 1123
RE: Who you seeing? - 9/9/2012 7:49:43 PM   
Indio

Factory Floor at the ICA next weekend
New Order at the Roseland Ballroom in NYC next month

(in reply to steffols)
Post #: 1124
RE: Who you seeing? - 25/10/2012 3:22:26 PM   
Karl Crutchley

SOUNDGARDEN  Shepherds Bush Empire , 9/11/12

One of 3 gigs I have at Shepherds Bush before the year is through.

My remaining shows (so far) this year
LACUNA COIL  Koko 28/10/12
FIELDS OF THE NEPHILIM Shepherds Bush 31/10/12
the above mentioned Soundgarden
NED'S ATOMIC DUSTBIN Wolverhampton Civic 1/12/12
SLEIGH THE UK (The Wonder Stuff, Pop Will Eat Itself, Jesus Jones) Shepherds Bush 19/12/12

Its like the 90's all over again!

(in reply to Indio)
Post #: 1125
RE: Who you seeing? - 25/10/2012 7:14:07 PM   
paul.mccluskey

Twin Atlantic at Glasgow's Barrowlands tomorrow night .

(in reply to Karl Crutchley)
Post #: 1126
RE: Who you seeing? - 25/10/2012 9:08:39 PM   
Mister Coe

Lacuna Coil, tomorrow at the Manchester Academy 2. (also got tickets for SKYFALL at the IMAX, but that isn't a gig, is it )

Carter USM, 9th November in Leeds.

The Levellers, twice, in Manchester and Nottingham.

New Model Army, 22 Dec, Nottingham.

Say what now?

(in reply to paul.mccluskey)
Post #: 1127
RE: Who you seeing? - 30/10/2012 2:50:48 PM   
Larry of Arabia

Beach House were pretty amazing last night. They only played Gila from their pre-Teen Dream albums but it was all good, pretty chocka with the best stuff - Zebra, 10 Mile Stereo, Myth, Lazuli, Wild, Real Love, Norway, Wishes, Silver Soul, Walk In The Park and Other People were all present and accounted for. Also very loud and Victoria appeared to be doing tai chi and karate at one point. The only song I wish they'd played was Take Care, but no complaints. Well, one complaint - the support, Holy Other, was fucking awful.*

*I know many people like house/garage music, but watching a guy who never looked up or acknowledged the crowd twiddle his knobs and bob his head for 45 minutes at the same deathly slow tempo was what I imagine Guantanamo to be. The crowd cheered every time they thought he was finishing up, only for him to start up the same beat again, and you could hear the collective groan. When he did finally put us out of our misery, he switched off his panels and stomped off the stage without a word. I can only assume Beach House were trolling everyone with that choice.

< Message edited by Larry of Arabia -- 30/10/2012 7:58:40 PM >

"Everything was beautiful and nothing hurt."

(in reply to Mister Coe)
Post #: 1128
RE: Who you seeing? - 2/11/2012 12:06:21 PM   
Indio

The Stone Roses in Finsbury Park next June.

(in reply to Spider)
Post #: 1129
RE: Who you seeing? - 4/11/2012 11:37:11 PM   
tommyjarvis

quote:

ORIGINAL: MonsterCat

I have Steel Panther in Brixton this November.

Booked tickets for Stone Roses and - even better - Bon Jovi for next summer.

"I've been too honest with myself, I should have lied like everybody else"

My Top 101 Rock Songs - The first Audiophile list to actually get completed!

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 1130
RE: Who you seeing? - 4/11/2012 11:57:42 PM   
MonsterCat

Actually it's Hammersmith.

Good job I remembered that before the gig.

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to tommyjarvis)
Post #: 1131
RE: Who you seeing? - 5/11/2012 10:29:27 AM   
AxlReznor

On Sunday I will be seeing a band called Walking Papers play the 100 Club in Tottenham Court Road. They're a blues rock band composed of Seattle songwriter/singer/guitarist Jeff Angell, keyboardist Ben Richardson, bassist Duff McKagan (from Guns N' Roses), and drummer Barrett Martin (from Screaming Trees). Sometimes Pearl Jam's Mike McCready also plays with them (he played on two tracks on their debut album), but I doubt he'll be part of the UK tour. Should be interesting.

(in reply to zombiemaster)
Post #: 1132
RE: Who you seeing? - 14/11/2012 4:57:31 PM   
losthighway

Well after The Killers left the stage early last night, I'm now awaiting a rescheduled date for some time in 2013. But in the meantime, I'll mostly be seeing:

Gotye
Rob Zombie/Marilyn Manson (Twins of Evil Tour)
Crystal Castles
Gary Numan
Rufus Wainwright
Mika
Ellie Goulding
Foals
Girls Aloud
P!nk
Lana Del Rey

The secret to becoming a star is knowing how to behave like one.

(in reply to AxlReznor)
Post #: 1133
RE: Who you seeing? - 14/11/2012 9:34:53 PM   
Qwerty Norris

Haven't done one of these in a while. My gig list would be...

Imagine Dragons @ Nice'n'Sleazy
Crystal Castles @ ABC
The Black Keys @ Aircraft Hangar
Foals @ ABC
Sigur Ros @ Aircraft Hangar
Stone Roses & Primal Screen @ Glasgow Green

I live in Edinburgh, yet every single one of those gigs are along the M8. Says it all about the live music scene here.

< Message edited by Qwerty Norris -- 15/11/2012 1:44:29 PM >

Qwerty's Top 10 of 2013 (so far)

1. Zero Dark Thirty
2. No
3. A Hijacking
4. Behind the Candelabra
5. In The Fog
6. Good Vibrations
7. McCullin
8. Beyond the Hills
9. The Place Beyond the Pines
10. Wreck-it Ralph

(in reply to losthighway)
Post #: 1134
RE: Who you seeing? - 15/11/2012 1:15:21 PM   
emogeek

To finish off the year:

2 December - Evan Dando & Juliana Hatfield - Manchester Academy 2
14 December - Skindred - Wrexham Central Station
18 December - Cancer Bats - Liverpool Academy 2

And kicking off 2013

18 February - Deftones - Manchester Academy

(Although Brad at the Academy may be squeezed in before that if my mate ever makes his mind up if he wants to come!)

The Fear Of Blood Tends To Create Fear For The Flesh

Have you ever been halfway through eating a horse and then realised you weren't as hungry as you thought you were?

(in reply to Qwerty Norris)
Post #: 1135
RE: Who you seeing? - 15/11/2012 1:56:33 PM   
Rhubarb

I'm seeing Rihanna

quote:

ORIGINAL: emogeek

To finish off the year:

2 December - Evan Dando & Juliana Hatfield - Manchester Academy 2

Evan Dando is fantastic live. Saw him a few years ago with whatever incarnation of The Lemonheads was doing the rounds then, he was great, knew how to be on stage, took requests from the crowd, etc. Great time.

Team Ginge
WWLD?

quote:

ORIGINAL: FritzlFan

You organisational skills sicken me, Rhubarb.

(in reply to emogeek)
Post #: 1136
RE: Who you seeing? - 15/11/2012 7:23:30 PM   
emogeek

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rhubarb

Evan Dando is fantastic live. Saw him a few years ago with whatever incarnation of The Lemonheads was doing the rounds then, he was great, knew how to be on stage, took requests from the crowd, etc. Great time.

Saw him with the latest version of Lemonheads last December when they played "Ray" in full. Was indeed great.

Been wanting to see Juliana for years, so made up to finally get the chance.

The Fear Of Blood Tends To Create Fear For The Flesh

Have you ever been halfway through eating a horse and then realised you weren't as hungry as you thought you were?

(in reply to Rhubarb)
Post #: 1137
RE: Who you seeing? - 16/11/2012 9:23:28 AM   
Hobbitonlass

Killers - Wembley - June

Come join in the Photo competition http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3116407&mpage=1&key=

(in reply to emogeek)
Post #: 1138
RE: Who you seeing? - 16/11/2012 9:46:34 AM   
talpacino

Destroyer last night. Pretty great. I knew shag all of them other than the track Kaputt but we took a chance and it paid off.

Currahee!

It's a different film. It's a very different film! It's a different shark!

Suppose I shot ya..How'd that be?

(in reply to Hobbitonlass)
Post #: 1139
RE: Who you seeing? - 16/11/2012 11:07:19 AM   
MonsterCat

Last night's Steel Panther gig at the Hammersmith Apollo was excellent fun. Very loud and very funny.

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to talpacino)
Post #: 1140
Page:   <<   < prev  36 37 [38] 39 40   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Audiophile >> RE: Who you seeing? Page: <<   < prev  36 37 [38] 39 40   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI