Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Who you seeing?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Audiophile >> RE: Who you seeing? Page: <<   < prev  34 35 [36] 37 38   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Who you seeing? - 17/10/2011 6:44:06 PM   
moontheloon

Wild Flag in January in Manchester.

At least I think I am. After a cock up with there being no way of buying them online this morning despite them being supposed to be there, I ended up calling them at about 1 whilst I was in town and ordered tickets over the phone. I gave the right email address but they seemed to miss out the last part of it, I realised this when I checked my emails about half an hour later and had received nothing. I called them back and told them about the error in email address, they said they'd send another one and it would be with me in 5-10 minutes. After 25 minutes I had received nothing so i called them back again to double confirm, it was the right one, and they said they'd resend it. I got home, and this is now 5 hours after the initial booking and there is still no confirmation email. So I called back again, I read out the email this time and apparently it is the right one, but they said there can sometimes be a delay. I just want confirmation so I know the tickets are for the right show on the right day and going to the right address... Isn't this what my booking fee is supposed to cover? They say there is an order there, but I have the sort of mind that won't rest unless I see it for myself. So i am pretty sure I'm going, just need confirmation. Either way I'm pretty excited at the prospect.

A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night and in between he does what he wants to do

(in reply to horribleives)
Post #: 1051
RE: Who you seeing? - 20/10/2011 11:51:23 AM   
G.O.B

quote:

ORIGINAL: moontheloon

Wild Flag in January in Manchester.

At least I think I am. After a cock up with there being no way of buying them online this morning despite them being supposed to be there, I ended up calling them at about 1 whilst I was in town and ordered tickets over the phone. I gave the right email address but they seemed to miss out the last part of it, I realised this when I checked my emails about half an hour later and had received nothing. I called them back and told them about the error in email address, they said they'd send another one and it would be with me in 5-10 minutes. After 25 minutes I had received nothing so i called them back again to double confirm, it was the right one, and they said they'd resend it. I got home, and this is now 5 hours after the initial booking and there is still no confirmation email. So I called back again, I read out the email this time and apparently it is the right one, but they said there can sometimes be a delay. I just want confirmation so I know the tickets are for the right show on the right day and going to the right address... Isn't this what my booking fee is supposed to cover? They say there is an order there, but I have the sort of mind that won't rest unless I see it for myself. So i am pretty sure I'm going, just need confirmation. Either way I'm pretty excited at the prospect.

Listened to the album for the first time yesterday. Thought it was great and waiting to see if they'll confirm an Irish show at some stage. I've heard their live shows have been pretty exceptional so far.

Member of COBW

All I can do is be me, whoever that is. - Bob Dylan

Last Film Watched: Duck Soup (McCarey,1933)****

(in reply to moontheloon)
Post #: 1052
RE: Who you seeing? - 17/11/2011 12:00:47 AM   
Larry of Arabia

Saw St. Vincent yesterday, which was amazing. It was a sweaty basement and she played a note on her guitar fairly frequently that I'm sure was designed to get you to shit your trousers, but that was all good. I managed to get a good perch standing on the seats at the side so I could see her perfectly but the caveat was that she wandered around the crowd during her encore getting people to play her guitar. Gutted. The highlight was a vocal/keyboard-only version of The Party, which was gorgeous. Her cover of She Is Beyond Good And Evil was a close second though.

"Everything was beautiful and nothing hurt."

(in reply to G.O.B)
Post #: 1053
RE: Who you seeing? - 17/11/2011 12:13:24 AM   
MonsterCat

I have Battles on Monday, DJ Shadow in December, and I'm toying with the idea of seeing Widowspeak in Brixton in couple of weeks.

I got into Widowspeak after seeing Moon talk about them on here. Their debut album is a nice little gem.

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to Larry of Arabia)
Post #: 1054
RE: Who you seeing? - 17/11/2011 12:15:23 AM   
horribleives

quote:

ORIGINAL: Larry of Arabia

Saw St. Vincent yesterday, which was amazing. It was a sweaty basement and she played a note on her guitar fairly frequently that I'm sure was designed to get you to shit your trousers, but that was all good. I managed to get a good perch standing on the seats at the side so I could see her perfectly but the caveat was that she wandered around the crowd during her encore getting people to play her guitar. Gutted. The highlight was a vocal/keyboard-only version of The Party, which was gorgeous. Her cover of She Is Beyond Good And Evil was a close second though.

Ah man, really wanted to see her live but couldn't. Sounds class. Did she do her cover of Kerosene by Big Black?

Battles at Gateshead Town Hall tomorrow night for me. I'm quite excited.

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

Post #: 1055
RE: Who you seeing? - 17/11/2011 12:44:19 AM   
Larry of Arabia

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives

quote:

Ah man, really wanted to see her live but couldn't. Sounds class. Did she do her cover of Kerosene by Big Black?

Nah, she just did the one cover. She was onstage for an hour and a half though, so can't complain. She also wore leather hot pants.

"Everything was beautiful and nothing hurt."

Post #: 1056
RE: Who you seeing? - 17/11/2011 12:48:34 AM   
MonsterCat

quote:

Nah, she just did the one cover. She was onstage for an hour and a half though, so can't complain. She also wore leather hot pants.

Sweet baby Jesus!

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

Post #: 1057
RE: Who you seeing? - 17/11/2011 2:48:35 PM   
horribleives

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives

quote:

This I need to see.
Apparently one of her favourite guitarists is Kerry King, which I though sounded a bit weird at first but having seen videos of her impressively fast and intricate guitar playing it all makes sense now.

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

Post #: 1058
RE: Who you seeing? - 18/11/2011 3:08:54 PM   
borstal

Peter Hook tonight playing the full track listing of Closer and Unknown Pleasures. Yip!

"Can you imagine the satisfaction of slamming that camping cunt Scott with a missile while sitting in Costa?" - Chief

http://www.redbubble.com/people/borstal
http://letterboxd.com/borstal/

Post #: 1059
RE: Who you seeing? - 18/11/2011 3:22:39 PM   
horribleives

quote:

ORIGINAL: MonsterCat

I have Battles on Monday, DJ Shadow in December, and I'm toying with the idea of seeing Widowspeak in Brixton in couple of weeks.

I got into Widowspeak after seeing Moon talk about them on here. Their debut album is a nice little gem.

Saw them last night - you're in for a treat. Ice Cream live is a thing of sex-pop beauty. I can't think of many other bands who make difficult, complex math-rock such unashamed dance-tastic fun. Oh and the new take on Atlas was dare I say it, better than when they were a four piece. And as for the closing Sundome - aural MDMA.

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 1060
RE: Who you seeing? - 18/11/2011 3:24:53 PM   
MonsterCat

Nice.

Films watched in 2013

Post #: 1061
RE: Who you seeing? - 19/11/2011 4:00:11 PM   
matthewforan

Seeing Death Cab For Cutie tonight, can't wait....

"The Irish have always been victims of negative stereotyping. I mean people think we're all drunks and brawlers. And sometimes that gets you so mad all you wanna do is get drunk and punch somebody"

Clear Eyes Full Hearts Can't Lose

Punchdrunk RIP

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 1062
RE: Who you seeing? - 1/12/2011 4:31:36 PM   
DJ Satan

Just got tickets to see Skindred, Therepy? and Black Spiders at Brixton for the low, low price of £5 (+3.55 fees). I was shocked there were still tickets available.

http://www.ticketweb.co.uk/user/?region=gb_london&query=detail&event=477507

I also have tickets for Rodrigo y Gabriela and Presidents of The United States of America next year.

Don't try to tell me that some power can corrupt a person
You hadn't had enough to know what it's like
You're only angry cause you wish you were in my position
Now nod your head cause you know that I'm right..alright!

Post #: 1063
RE: Who you seeing? - 1/12/2011 5:46:16 PM   
Swoz_MK

Napalm Death in the back-room of a pub tonight.

Helmet have announced six UK dates in the new year also. Playing Meantime in full.

(in reply to DJ Satan)
Post #: 1064
RE: Who you seeing? - 1/12/2011 6:06:51 PM   
jonson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Swoz_MK

Awesome. I hope they play the 2 second long song. It's great live.

quote:

Helmet have announced six UK dates in the new year also. Playing Meantime in full.

I. Just. Shit.
The bass drum in Meantime is amazing.
I shared a sandwich on their tour bus with them once, nice guys, despite the fact that sandwiches were the only things on offer.

Edit: - London venue for me I think.

Apr 2 Electric Ballroom Camden Town, London United Kingdom
Apr 3 Sound Control Manchester, Greater Manchester
Apr 4 Cathouse Glasgow, Lanarkshire United Kingdom
Apr 6 The Fleece Bristol, Avon United Kingdom
Apr 7 HMV Institute Birmingham, Digbeth United Kingdom
Apr 8 Sub 89 Reading, Berkshire United Kingdom

< Message edited by jonson -- 1/12/2011 6:10:05 PM >

I've got all the Barbie ones!!!

Yeah but you're old. Really old. Old. Old. Old. Old.

(in reply to Swoz_MK)
Post #: 1065
RE: Who you seeing? - 5/12/2011 12:49:14 PM   
great_badir

quote:

ORIGINAL: great_badir
It's not until November, but the tickets arrived yesterday - Dweezil Zappa doing a Zappa Plays Zappa show, including Apostrophe in full.

These guys get a lot of flak in the States, but having already seen them twice a few years ago I can say without any hesitation that it's the only way you'll hear Frank's music played as authentically and sympathetically as Dweezil and his crew do, plus the Dweez is an incredibly under rated guitarist in his own right.

Well, it was last week. Fucking amazing show (best I've ever seen them) and they clearly enjoyed it and the crowd was the best Colston Hall crowd I've been in for years. The sync with vintage Frank footage projected on a big screen was really well done.

Just a shame that the two cunts sat in front of me loaded up on beer before the show even started and then proceeded to shout to each other for almost the entire first half. I politely told them to shut the fuck up and it seemed to do the trick, but I don't understand why people spend £20/30/40/50+ on tickets for a concert and then just get pissed up and talk through the whole thing. Happens all too often. I'm starting a petition to either get alcohol banned at gigs, or to impose a two drink limit

Next up - Steve Hackett in February, and many months of umming and ahhing about whether or not to go see Ian Anderson and his solo band peform the whole of Thick as a Brickn without any Jethro Tull members...

FAVE FILMS
BO BOMBS

(in reply to great_badir)
Post #: 1066
RE: Who you seeing? - 5/12/2011 6:08:01 PM   
matthewforan

Laura Marling just announced a UK tour, fingers crossed I'll get my hands on a ticket for her Glasgow gig...

"The Irish have always been victims of negative stereotyping. I mean people think we're all drunks and brawlers. And sometimes that gets you so mad all you wanna do is get drunk and punch somebody"

Clear Eyes Full Hearts Can't Lose

Punchdrunk RIP

(in reply to great_badir)
Post #: 1067
RE: Who you seeing? - 10/12/2011 11:39:51 PM   
Le Tenia

Seeing Nazareth in Dunfermline next month and hope to see Band Of Skulls in Glasgow in february.

" It's the age-old irony of the liberal left, they practice oppression and call it equality. "

(in reply to matthewforan)
Post #: 1068
Who you seeing? - 11/12/2011 4:26:54 PM   
Snake-Eyes

AWESOMENESS AWAITS THIS TUESDAY...

"When you have to shoot, shoot don't talk."

http://www.expendablespremiere.com/index.html

(in reply to Le Tenia)
Post #: 1069
RE: Who you seeing? - 11/12/2011 4:49:08 PM   
MonsterCat

I believe Steel Panther played The Electric Ballroom (love that venue) recently. Sadly I missed them. : (

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 1070
RE: Who you seeing? - 11/12/2011 6:28:54 PM   
tommyjarvis

quote:

ORIGINAL: Snake-Eyes

I went to that show in Glasgow. It was indeed awesome. From now on, any band I see that doesn't have fireworks, pyrotechnics and a rotating drum kit will seem pretty dull in comparison.

Motley Crue

< Message edited by tommyjarvis -- 11/12/2011 6:29:06 PM >

"I've been too honest with myself, I should have lied like everybody else"

My Top 101 Rock Songs - The first Audiophile list to actually get completed!

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 1071
RE: Who you seeing? - 11/12/2011 6:46:45 PM   
juanvasquez

quote:

ORIGINAL: juanvasquez

Just bought tickets for Ocean Colour Scene's Moseley Shoals gig at the Brixton Academy on 8th December.

That should have read the 10th.

Either way it was awesome. I went feeling quite ambivalent towards it, but it was amazing. They had one of the Inbetweeners join them a couple of times, and Steve White, too.

Check out my cult games reviews and features at Horror Cult Films

(in reply to juanvasquez)
Post #: 1072
RE: Who you seeing? - 12/12/2011 8:51:25 PM   
Chojin

Swedish House Mafia @ MK Bowl in July 2012.

I mainly bought the ticket because I heard Madeon was going to be supporting - can't wait to see him play live!

http://chojin.devour.org - Mixes, Contact, Etc
XBL/PSN - Chojin22000

(in reply to juanvasquez)
Post #: 1073
RE: Who you seeing? - 15/12/2011 8:27:09 AM   
Snake-Eyes

quote:

ORIGINAL: tommyjarvis

quote:

I went to that show in Glasgow. It was indeed awesome. From now on, any band I see that doesn't have fireworks, pyrotechnics and a rotating drum kit will seem pretty dull in comparison.

Motley Crue

OK, it was actually LAST NIGHT i.e. WEDNESDAY I saw them and let me tell you..... THEY BLEW THE F**KING ROOF OFF! And yes, Tommy Lee's upside-down drum solo was TOO AWESOME FOR WORDS!

"When you have to shoot, shoot don't talk."

http://www.expendablespremiere.com/index.html

(in reply to tommyjarvis)
Post #: 1074
RE: Who you seeing? - 15/12/2011 11:36:10 AM   
borstal

Shaun Ryder on Saturday in Oldham?!

"Can you imagine the satisfaction of slamming that camping cunt Scott with a missile while sitting in Costa?" - Chief

http://www.redbubble.com/people/borstal
http://letterboxd.com/borstal/

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 1075
RE: Who you seeing? - 15/12/2011 3:34:35 PM   
Arron_

quote:

ORIGINAL: Swoz_MK

Excellent stuff! Really good band. Their drummer is intense. My old band played with them once and I thought I'd go speak to Shane -  he's bloody terrifying. Nice, but terrifying.

(in reply to Swoz_MK)
Post #: 1076
RE: Who you seeing? - 15/12/2011 10:57:03 PM   
paulyboy

quote:

OK, it was actually LAST NIGHT i.e. WEDNESDAY I saw them and let me tell you..... THEY BLEW THE F**KING ROOF OFF! And yes, Tommy Lee's upside-down drum solo was TOO AWESOME FOR WORDS!

Was there too last night, best concert I've been to in a while, arguably the loudest as well.

Great as Tommy Lee's little showpiece was it was Rick Allen's drum solo that really impressed me though, quite an inspiring sight truth be told.

Also even after 24 years it's still nice to see that Pour Some Sugar On Me still has the ability to make seemingly quiet women start shedding clothes and dancing like a stripper in front of you, good times!

"Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever!"

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 1077
RE: Who you seeing? - 17/12/2011 10:38:07 AM   
NadaPlissken

Saw Duran Duran at the MEN last night.  It was awesome.  All of it - not just John Taylor's hair and Le Bon's sparkly trousers.

Ross Kemp invented Spain.

(in reply to paulyboy)
Post #: 1078
RE: Who you seeing? - 19/1/2012 6:02:39 PM   
Chojin

Judge Jules/Sean Tyas/Stoneface & Terminal @ MOS London 17/02

haven't been to a trance night since September 2010 (Tiesto @ Privilege, Ibiza). Really looking forward to this! It's been far too long.

http://chojin.devour.org - Mixes, Contact, Etc
XBL/PSN - Chojin22000

(in reply to NadaPlissken)
Post #: 1079
RE: Who you seeing? - 20/1/2012 10:19:09 AM   
FritzlFan

Going to see Ryan Adams in Nottingham! Got a great seat as well. I haven't worked out how to get there or anything, but that's not important. 

quote:

ORIGINAL: Miles Messervy 007

Child labour is necessary in the short term

(in reply to Chojin)
Post #: 1080
Page:   <<   < prev  34 35 [36] 37 38   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Audiophile >> RE: Who you seeing? Page: <<   < prev  34 35 [36] 37 38   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI