Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

First Dark Knight Footage Revealed!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> First Dark Knight Footage Revealed! Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
First Dark Knight Footage Revealed! - 13/8/2007 9:43:41 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
- 13/8/2007 9:43:41 AM   
Tony Soprano

Its obvious dark knight will end with Two face being born and the third will mainly be about him unless this film is three hours long either way its a great actor playing two face and heath as joker .also what empire missed out is that some ppl asked nolan if theres any chance of a superman and batman team up he said no but his brother had said he liked the dark knight returns which features a batman superman battle well i guess i can dream but maybe the fact bale nodded he would like that cold happen maybe suggests he might do the Justice film

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
- 13/8/2007 9:44:35 AM   
Biggus

The comments around Ledger's performance sound very promising. Expectation is once again raised.

Post #: 3
JUST SAY NO TO JLA - 13/8/2007 12:05:53 PM   
pete_traynor

I think that Bale being involved in any way, shape or form with JLA would undermine the whole ethos of reality that Nolan has structured his Batman films on. I would put money (and a lot of it) on Bale not touching the JLA film with a barge pole. Lets not forget that hes an actors actor, method at that, and he would have been attracted to Batman Begins for Nolans insightful direction and track record and the chance to perform a psychological dissection of the Batman/ Bruce Wayne character through his performance. There will be no such lure for an actor of his exceptional abilities in the JLA film. Shit, with so many principle characters he’d be lucky to get 10 mins of screen time anyway. With this Batman Saga they are very close to making a real statement in how to structure comic material in an adult manner and JLA involvement would undermine that credibility.

EXTREMELY LIMITED 1/1 FILM DIRECTOR HAND DRAWN ORIGINALS COMING SOON - http://lomierart.blogspot.co.uk/

(in reply to Biggus)
Post #: 4
Footage Location??? - 13/8/2007 12:14:25 PM   
pete_traynor

Looks like they’ve done a bang up job in locking that footage down. Has anyone seen it and know if it’s on-line anywhere. I have looked but cant find it anywhere.

Post #: 5
- 13/8/2007 12:17:38 PM   
ilovekaren

sounds like it is going to be great carnt wait for this movie

Post #: 6
RE: JUST SAY NO TO JLA - 13/8/2007 12:27:38 PM   
mattchoman

quote:

ORIGINAL: pete_traynor

I think that Bale being involved in any way, shape or form with JLA would undermine the whole ethos of reality that Nolan has structured his Batman films on. I would put money (and a lot of it) on Bale not touching the JLA film with a barge pole. Lets not forget that hes an actors actor, method at that, and he would have been attracted to Batman Begins for Nolans insightful direction and track record and the chance to perform a psychological dissection of the Batman/ Bruce Wayne character through his performance. There will be no such lure for an actor of his exceptional abilities in the JLA film. Shit, with so many principle characters he'd be lucky to get 10 mins of screen time anyway. With this Batman Saga they are very close to making a real statement in how to structure comic material in an adult manner and JLA involvement would undermine that credibility.

Couldn't put it better than this. I can't see this ever happening, if it did I would fall into a pit of depression, I'd be happy for Nolan and Co to make 20 more Batman movies.

With regard to the rest of the article, can't fucking wait! I think it could literally be my favourite film ever when it comes out

"I have no strong feelings one way or the other."

(in reply to pete_traynor)
Post #: 7
The Dark Knight Official Posters - 13/8/2007 2:03:33 PM   
Greagoir

click below.. they seem genuine....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ot0qaMZfY1Q&mode=related&search=

Post #: 8
- 13/8/2007 2:09:21 PM   
biglebowski

Batman Begins was a well needed revamp for the caped crusader, with Nolan and Bale joining to give Batman a new lease of life. I've always liked the darkness of Nolans movies, the prestige in particular was proof of the deep, dark and twisted places that this director is willing to tread. This is the touch that Gotham City needed for batman to thrive. The second film, the Dark Knight will no doubt be as action packed as begins, I must admit i was quite surprised to hear that Ledger was cast to play one of the most famous villains in comic history, the joker. Will he pull it off? It will be a test of his abilities to live up to Jack Nicholson. This set aside the story line, what we know off to date, sounds mmm sound. The introduction of two face, brilliant and here's hoping on it's realese we'll see a film to live up to Batman Begins.

Post #: 9
- 13/8/2007 2:19:48 PM   
Cloud Wolf

sounds awesome to me. looks like the future is bright for superhero movies, Iron Man, Batman, The Hulk all look brilliant. counting the days...

Post #: 10
batman v predator v alien??????? - 13/8/2007 2:19:51 PM   
Greagoir

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzqNNsTf9m8&mode=related&search=

Post #: 11
RE: The Dark Knight Official Posters - 13/8/2007 2:39:39 PM   
mattchoman

quote:

ORIGINAL: Greagoir

click below.. they seem genuine....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ot0qaMZfY1Q&mode=related&search=

Sorry mate, apart from that first picture of the clown-masks those posters are all old, fake manips, and not even particularly good ones.

"I have no strong feelings one way or the other."

(in reply to Greagoir)
Post #: 12
Fake Posters!!! - 13/8/2007 2:45:31 PM   
pete_traynor

Those are not genuine Dark Knight posters! It’s someone with competent Photoshop skills. The one of Batman holding the Joker is a still from Begins (Batman gassing Craine) with a (not very Heath looking at all) Joker super imposed. Sure we’ll be seeing a lot more of these fakes as the months roll on.

EXTREMELY LIMITED 1/1 FILM DIRECTOR HAND DRAWN ORIGINALS COMING SOON - http://lomierart.blogspot.co.uk/

(in reply to Greagoir)
Post #: 13
RE: The Dark Knight Official Posters - 13/8/2007 2:47:23 PM   
chrisp84

those posters are fakes... jesus do you even know anything about the next film? the bat costume is the one from batman begins, and we all know he has a new one in this film. also there fake versions of the joker. and lastly, from a design viewpoint, they look soooo bad. if WB releases a poster for the joker with the line "not all jokes are funny" i will shoot myself!!!

(in reply to mattchoman)
Post #: 14
Suited and Booted - 13/8/2007 3:52:31 PM   
pete_traynor

That’s not entirely correct. The Posters are shoddy and no mistake. But Batman does start the Dark Knight with the same costume he wore in Begins, according to reports when the new costume was first unveiled. There is some form of plot twist that has him upgrade to the new suit, that we’ve all now been shown, during the course of the film.

(in reply to chrisp84)
Post #: 15
No Youtube video? - 13/8/2007 3:55:07 PM   
spotless mind

The movie sounds good, but I 'm shocked that no one taped the sequence at Wizard World, and put it on Youtube, that seems to be the way these days!

Post #: 16
RE: No Youtube video? - 13/8/2007 4:03:21 PM   
pete_traynor

You’d think that WB would want it up for say 24 hours and then take it down. That footage circulating on Youtube, even for a small amount of time would cause a hell of a stir. Anyway, more than that I’m just desperate to see it

(in reply to spotless mind)
Post #: 17
RE: No Youtube video? - 13/8/2007 4:03:51 PM   
JIm R

By the sounds of it, the security was so tight at the screening, no one dared....

(in reply to spotless mind)
Post #: 18
Footage Alternatives, Not Great Ones Though - 13/8/2007 4:12:20 PM   
pete_traynor

So what do you think, no footage untill a trailer in front of Golden Compass in December?  Thats my bet anyhow. Unless you count the 18 second clip of the Bat Pod on Youtube or the 5 minute clip of people and Army wandering about Gotham Streets. That footage does however point to an evacuation of Gotham though. No more Smilex balloons for the love of god, please!!!

(in reply to JIm R)
Post #: 19
The Dark Knight - 13/8/2007 5:38:32 PM   
Filmfreak666

I'm really looking forward to The Dark Knight. Heck! Who isn't??? Batman Begins was five star quality comic book movie so I think it's safe to say that hopes are high for The Dark Knight. Unfortunate that the footage wasn't shown fr the thousands of devoted fans but at least we know what it was. I'm really excited about this. It sounds brilliant and a little frightening. Just hope it doesn't catch bad sequel fever!

Post #: 20
RE: The Dark Knight - 13/8/2007 6:38:50 PM   
Dave B

Found this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B27Ih15DQow&mode=related&search=

Hey, what's with the flying jerks?

(in reply to Filmfreak666)
Post #: 21
- 13/8/2007 6:39:42 PM   
Tony Soprano

i am starting to look forward to this the most next summer i reckon this will be the best films next summer indy the most fun and iron man will be good but will have a tough fight against these

Post #: 22
RE: JUST SAY NO TO JLA - 13/8/2007 7:05:43 PM   
jimbo909

quote:

ORIGINAL: pete_traynor

I think that Bale being involved in any way, shape or form with JLA would undermine the whole ethos of reality that Nolan has structured his Batman films on. I would put money (and a lot of it) on Bale not touching the JLA film with a barge pole. Lets not forget that hes an actors actor, method at that, and he would have been attracted to Batman Begins for Nolans insightful direction and track record and the chance to perform a psychological dissection of the Batman/ Bruce Wayne character through his performance. There will be no such lure for an actor of his exceptional abilities in the JLA film. Shit, with so many principle characters he'd be lucky to get 10 mins of screen time anyway. With this Batman Saga they are very close to making a real statement in how to structure comic material in an adult manner and JLA involvement would undermine that credibility.

These are all very good points. This is why (as I've said before elsewhere) I Superman and Batman are ever going to meet on the big screen it should be a WORLD'S FINEST movie with just Superman and Batman, not the whole JLA. To focus on the yin yang, contrasts of the characters, their methods, there respective cities would be much move in keeping with the tones, styles established in Returns and Begins.

"This is an oldie. Well, it's an oldie where I come from."

(in reply to pete_traynor)
Post #: 23
RE: The Dark Knight - 13/8/2007 7:30:40 PM   
jimbo909

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dave B

I don't think this is real either. All the shots of Batman are from Begins as is the playing card shot. The shot of Aaron Eckhart is maybe from Thank You For Smoking, not sure about Maggie Gyllenhaal. That shot of the Joker just doesn't look right.

< Message edited by jimbo909 -- 13/8/2007 7:31:27 PM >

(in reply to Dave B)
Post #: 24
RE: The Dark Knight - 13/8/2007 8:13:33 PM   
jacktorrance

quote:

ORIGINAL: jimbo909

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dave B

I don't think this is real either. All the shots of Batman are from Begins as is the playing card shot. The shot of Aaron Eckhart is maybe from Thank You For Smoking, not sure about Maggie Gyllenhaal. That shot of the Joker just doesn't look right.

Yeah, it is fake. but if you  look closely at the footage of Eckhart(pause it), you can see the 'I believe in harvey dent' poster on the wall behind him!! How the fuck did they do that!?

(in reply to jimbo909)
Post #: 25
RE: The Dark Knight - 13/8/2007 8:20:46 PM   
jimbo909

Don't know.

(in reply to jacktorrance)
Post #: 26
enough money he would do JLA - 13/8/2007 8:34:58 PM   
Tony Soprano

lol u forget one thing this is a job and if bale was given enough money to do JLA he would do it family comes before your job and if he was given alot of money that could benefit his family he would do it plus i am sure he wants to see both batman and superman in film

Post #: 27
RE: enough money he would do JLA - 14/8/2007 12:17:11 AM   
Wilbert

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tony Soprano

lol u forget one thing this is a job and if bale was given enough money to do JLA he would do it family comes before your job and if he was given alot of money that could benefit his family he would do it plus i am sure he wants to see both batman and superman in film

Bale doesn't strike me as someone who would make a film he didn't believe in for money (if he didn't need the money, of course).

He seems like an actor who does what he wants and the success of Batman means he can say no to films he doesn't believe in.

You're killing Independent George!!!!

(in reply to Tony Soprano)
Post #: 28
RE: enough money he would do JLA - 14/8/2007 12:23:35 AM   
Tony Soprano

true but theres nothing the matter with getting secruity for his family

(in reply to Wilbert)
Post #: 29
RE: enough money he would do JLA - 14/8/2007 12:27:48 AM   
darth silas

quote:

ORIGINAL: Wilbert

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tony Soprano

Bale doesn't strike me as someone who would make a film he didn't believe in for money (if he didn't need the money, of course).

He seems like an actor who does what he wants and the success of Batman means he can say no to films he doesn't believe in.
For once i agree with you Wilbert.I hope Nolan and Bale just continue making great Batman films and forget about JLA and a Superman team up.

Star Wars:Episodes 1,2,3,4,5,6.Taken together they are one giant movie and it is the greatest movie EVER.

(in reply to Wilbert)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> First Dark Knight Footage Revealed! Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI