Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: The Championship and worse thread 2007/08

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: The Championship and worse thread 2007/08 Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The Championship and worse thread 2007/08 - 19/10/2007 1:52:09 PM   
Beno

quote:

ORIGINAL: jonson

No worries.
Does that mean you're not going to be tuning in then?

Dont know X. Factors on early this week .

"The one about the space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedalbin. His Father's a robot and he's fucking fucked his Sister. Lego ... They're all made of fucking Lego!!"

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 121
RE: The Championship and worse thread 2007/08 - 22/10/2007 11:46:14 AM   
jonson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Beno

quote:

No worries.

You chose............wisely.

What a piss poor game, we were robbed of a goal though, unfairly flagged for offside, and Hume despite being a bit hotheaded in the first half, was unfairly sent off.
Shame really as he's been our best player this season and he's going to miss our game tomorrow night.
Still, it's only Sheff U, should be pretty straightforward. We could put the kids out and perhaps rest a few players ready for the big one next Wednesday
(Bob - I'll be sitting about 4 rows behind Robson tomorrow. Apart from the inevitable abuse he'll get from me, is there anything you'd like me to add?)

I've got all the Barbie ones!!!

Yeah but you're old. Really old. Old. Old. Old. Old.

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 122
RE: The Championship and worse thread 2007/08 - 22/10/2007 12:03:17 PM   
Flatulent_Bob

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Beno

quote:

No worries.

You chose............wisely.

What a piss poor game, we were robbed of a goal though, unfairly flagged for offside, and Hume despite being a bit hotheaded in the first half, was unfairly sent off.
Shame really as he's been our best player this season and he's going to miss our game tomorrow night.
Still, it's only Sheff U, should be pretty straightforward. We could put the kids out and perhaps rest a few players ready for the big one next Wednesday
(Bob - I'll be sitting about 4 rows behind Robson tomorrow. Apart from the inevitable abuse he'll get from me, is there anything you'd like me to add?)

you could throw this at him

Anyway  Beaties gonna eat yer

I'm your huckleberry...

All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Oh my God! They banned Kenny!

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 123
RE: The Championship and worse thread 2007/08 - 22/10/2007 12:22:08 PM   
jonson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Flatulent_Bob

Anyway  Beaties gonna eat yer

He sure looks like he's eaten everything else.
Should be a good game. We have 1 thing going for us IMO and that's a damn good defence.
Trouble is we can't score for love nor money.

(in reply to Flatulent_Bob)
Post #: 124
RE: The Championship and worse thread 2007/08 - 24/10/2007 7:59:44 AM   
jonson

Well that was a woeful game. A dire performance by Leicester (and I can see why you're struggling Bob, there was nowt between the 2 teams) made worse by a severe lack of atmosphere at the Walkers. I sat there with my Mum, both cold and miserable and wondered what the fuck we were doing there, watching a bunch of inept footballers run around a bit.
The only entertainment in the whole match was shouting at Paddy Kenny (mainly regarding his weight and lazy eye) Bryan Robson (mainly regarding the fact he was crap at football and a bottler - the irony wasn't lost on him  a good sport he was) and Brian Kidd (for just being, well, there I supose)
Our new "Star Striker" was introduced on 30 minutes. The crowd got excited, "who could it be" were the gasps.
Collins John.
Half the crowd went "who?" and the other half went "he's shit!"
To be fair he played OK, but as a general spectacle, it was a poor game.
I think the goal was the only shot on target either team mustered all night.
Still, congratulations Bob, you left with the 3 points, your supporters (in good numbers I might add) sang merrily away as news filtered through that Wednesday had also lost.
A happy short trip home for your boys, a cold, dull trip home for us.
Still, Megson might be gone by the end of the week. I hear the lofty heights of Bolton are calling

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 125
RE: The Championship and worse thread 2007/08 - 24/10/2007 9:07:38 AM   
Flatulent_Bob

Well a clean sheet is a step in the right direction.

It looks like he changed for 4-3-3 with Webber behind the front two.  I'd like to see this more often with Shelton in Webbers role and Stead or Hulse alongside BT

I'm your huckleberry...

All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 126
RE: The Championship and worse thread 2007/08 - 24/10/2007 10:44:01 AM   
Professor Moriarty

Happy Birthday to the Blades. 

Its a shame its not Jonson who's the fan cos he could have told us all about that great day 150 years ago.

Post #: 127
RE: The Championship and worse thread 2007/08 - 25/10/2007 8:04:10 AM   
jonson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Professor Moriarty

Its a shame its not Jonson who's the fan cos he could have told us all about that great day 150 years ago.

Cheeky bastard  

quote:

Still, Megson might be gone by the end of the week. I hear the lofty heights of Bolton are calling

I should ahve gone down the bookies.
I'm not sorry, and neither will the majoritu of the fans. He shored up our defence, but the alck of spark everywhere else on the pitch was painful. He onyl had a few games os he can't be blamed obviosuly, but i can't say I was overly enamoured wiht his style.
Mandaric to pinch Dowie from Coventry is the latest rumour.
Can't say I'm excited about that although Milan did want Dowie from day 1. Watch this space.

(in reply to Professor Moriarty)
Post #: 128
RE: The Championship and worse thread 2007/08 - 25/10/2007 10:51:15 AM   
Flatulent_Bob

quote:

ORIGINAL: Professor Moriarty

I might be increadibly ignorant here, but isn't our 150th today. We were formed in 1889.
Sheffield FC were established in 1857 and they played at Bramall Lane but there is no direct link to Sheffield United.  
They are playing a friendly against Inter Milan on Saturday at Bramall Lane with guests such as Pele, Sepp Blatter, Bobby Charlton and Ramon Calderon.

On a separate note Pele will be coming to watch us play Ipswich the week after which should be a shock for him.
quote:

I should ahve gone down the bookies.
I'm not sorry, and neither will the majoritu of the fans. He shored up our defence, but the alck of spark everywhere else on the pitch was painful. He onyl had a few games os he can't be blamed obviosuly, but i can't say I was overly enamoured wiht his style.
Mandaric to pinch Dowie from Coventry is the latest rumour.
Can't say I'm excited about that although Milan did want Dowie from day 1. Watch this space.

Great bit of business, get a shit manager in and then flog him to Bolton and get paid for the honour.   
Bolton cert's for relegation then? 

< Message edited by Flatulent_Bob -- 25/10/2007 3:36:29 PM >

I'm your huckleberry...

(in reply to Professor Moriarty)
Post #: 129
RE: The Championship and worse thread 2007/08 - 25/10/2007 2:14:07 PM   
theram05

quote:

Great bit of business, get a shit manager in and then flog him to Bolton and get paid for the honour.   
Bolton cert's for relegation then? 

Astonishing move by Bolton, cant get over it. Leicester must be happy out, although Mandarin seems to just be hunting managers these days.

What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it. And I don't like it any more than you men.

Post #: 130
RE: The Championship and worse thread 2007/08 - 26/10/2007 7:39:31 AM   
jonson

Yes, 350k for someone who was down the job centre this time 2 months ago. Seems very bizarre, but then again Bolton are clutching at straws aren't they? They're doomed.
Mandaric will now go for Dowie as he wanted him from Day 1 anyway. Coventry can have the 350k in compensation and we get the ugliest bloke in football. Now quite sure whether to be happy or sad. It's all a bit bizarre.
As long as we beat Chlesea on Wednesday night I don't care. Myself and 6500 fans will be descending on Stamford Bridge ready to rock the place like it's never been rocked before.

(in reply to theram05)
Post #: 131
RE: The Championship and worse thread 2007/08 - 26/10/2007 11:32:33 AM   
dr. salvador

quote:

It looks like he changed for 4-3-3 with Webber behind the front two.  I'd like to see this more often with Shelton in Webbers role and Stead or Hulse alongside BT

I would like to see this formation more often as well as it seems to be very effective for us and we always seem more dangerous when we play in this formation.

a win against Hull on saturday i think (or hope)

"Say hey Johnny boy, the battle call.
United we stand, divided we fall.
Together we are what we can't be alone,
We came to this country, you made it our home."

Post #: 132
RE: The Championship and worse thread 2007/08 - 26/10/2007 12:15:38 PM   
Flatulent_Bob

quote:

ORIGINAL: dr. salvador

quote:

I would like to see this formation more often as well as it seems to be very effective for us and we always seem more dangerous when we play in this formation.

Nah we will win, were on the move now.

Championship Champions 07/08.

Just wait till we start spending again in January.

I'm your huckleberry...

(in reply to dr. salvador)
Post #: 133
RE: The Championship and worse thread 2007/08 - 26/10/2007 12:27:31 PM   
theram05

quote:

As long as we beat Chlesea on Wednesday night I don't care. Myself and 6500 fans will be descending on Stamford Bridge ready to rock the place like it's never been rocked before.

I'd imagine that wont be difficult......you bringing your clacker?

What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it. And I don't like it any more than you men.

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 134
RE: The Championship and worse thread 2007/08 - 26/10/2007 7:17:05 PM   
Goodfella

Cracking game on Tuesday night down at the Valley. Rob Styles managed to book a total of ten players yet managed to miss the one challenge and only challenge which warranted a book and the consquence of it is we are now missing Todorov for the rest of the season. What premiership refs get up to on their nights off ey!?

Many have said (and not just Charlton fans!) that like the games against Barnsley and Wolves we should have won. I go on the age-old saying "If you don't take your chances but your opposition do..."

It's QPR at home tommorow and our second live Sky game of the season. Hopefully our team will fair better than our previous TV outings when frankly we've played slower than the pace of a snail. We should nail QPR to the wall but it has disaster written all over it as it wouldn't surprise me if they rice to the occasion and give us a good spanking and I can't stand another dose of Pardew's post-match explanations. "They roughed us up a bit..." (so we played like namby-pamby's as usual then), "The ref didn't do us any favours..." (anyone who has read Graham Poll's autobiography will know that Pards one downside is that he seems to think every ref in the game owes him a 'favour') etc.

I will also kill something if Chris Iwuelmo misses another free header. He's six footy fucking four for christ's sake! 

"It is the Shawshank Redemption! Just with more tunneling through shit and less fucking redemption."

If you can quote the rules, then you can obey them.

(in reply to theram05)
Post #: 135
RE: The Championship and worse thread 2007/08 - 26/10/2007 8:14:23 PM   
dr. salvador

quote:

quote:

quote:

Nah we will win, were on the move now.

Championship Champions 07/08.

Just wait till we start spending again in January.

Champions?

that's a bit optimistic isn't it?

you going to the Hull match tomorrow?

"Say hey Johnny boy, the battle call.
United we stand, divided we fall.
Together we are what we can't be alone,
We came to this country, you made it our home."

Post #: 136
RE: The Championship and worse thread 2007/08 - 26/10/2007 10:19:04 PM   
Flatulent_Bob

quote:

Champions?

that's a bit optimistic isn't it?

you going to the Hull match tomorrow?

Hey it might happen

As for going away, those days are well behind me since having a family.
I don't even get to every home game. (I've made 6 so far if you include cup)
The family is coming on boxing day but next year I have an arrangement where she can come to the match with me or down the moor with her mum .

With the quality or lack of it in this division I honestly don't think automatic promotion is out of our reach.  We will go big in January as we have still sold more than we have bought to the tune of 5 Million.

< Message edited by Flatulent_Bob -- 10/11/2007 8:43:35 PM >

I'm your huckleberry...

(in reply to dr. salvador)
Post #: 137
RE: The Championship and worse thread 2007/08 - 26/10/2007 11:41:48 PM   
SCFC_1972

quote:

ORIGINAL: Goodfella

I will also kill something if Chris Iwuelmo misses another free header. He's six footy fucking four for christ's sake! 

Haha, that sounds familiar. I love the bloke but free headers were never his strong point! Shame about Todorov, one of the unluckiest footballers around

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 138
RE: The Championship and worse thread 2007/08 - 27/10/2007 11:08:26 AM   
jonson

quote:

ORIGINAL: theram05

quote:

I'd imagine that wont be difficult......you bringing your clacker?

No I shall leave her at home.

Barnsley at home today. A mnagerless ship at the moment, although we have the legend that is Gerry Taggart taking the reins.
Steve Walsh has thrown his hat into the ring and I know for a fact the fans will be chanting his name this afternoon.
I myself have my reservations.
As rar as I'm concerned, he's a Leicester City legend, up there on a par with Lineker (possibly even more so after his Wembley heroics and 14 years of commitment to the club)
So let's suppose he gets a chance to be manager and fails?
The odds are stacked against him, he's got no previous experience and hasn't got his coaching badges. But still the fans would love him to be given the chance.
I'd like to remember him for his double against Deby in the play-off final, not for getting the boot after 1 win in 10 games for Leicester.

(in reply to theram05)
Post #: 139
RE: The Championship and worse thread 2007/08 - 27/10/2007 11:32:25 AM   
Hooch0959

Norwich at home for the today, I'm expecting three points which is a dangerous thing, if I expect it will the players.  I'm also expecting an improved defensive performance after Tuesday's victory over Blackpool.  We look so poor a Centre Half at the minute.

"Stand away from those stern cleats! Back home we get a taxidermy man, he's gonna have a heart attack when he sees what I brung him!"

"I have a gift for disaster"

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 140
RE: The Championship and worse thread 2007/08 - 27/10/2007 9:02:41 PM   
Goodfella

Never in 20 years of supporting Charlton Athletic Football Club have I ever seen us such a paltry and pathetic second half display as the one we gave today. Everyting was going the right way for us in the first half although it was pretty dismal the amount of chances we missed but the game was certainly in our favour and with the wise decision of bringing Izzy McLeod on for Chris Iwuelmo, the game was seemingly on it's way into the bag.

But what do we go and do? Nothing, we never even showed up out of that tunnel at 1.45. We made one and might I add ridiculous substitution. The un-interested and slow Jerome Thomas for our most consistent passer this season, Jose Semedo. Our players preceded to prance around for 45 minutes looking the part but pissing the match away. Rightly QPR rain riot and easily could have had three, I mean, Jesus, we gave them the ball twice in our own box on a silver plate with Jon Fortune standing there waiting to silver serve!

Sure, the goal followed a clear foul on Nicky Weaver (probably the only Charlton player on the pitch with the exception of Basey and Reid who didn't deserve someone's hands around their neck!) but it would have been cruel on QPR if it had finished 0-0. Well done to young Grant Basey by the way who at least gave it his all and coming forward looked really decent, the commentator on Sky got it right comparing him to Gareth Bale.

As for the rest of those useless fecks, I'd tie them all to a very large and heavy rock and drop it in the Thames. I'd make Thomas and Iwuelmo go last so they can watch everyone drown first as they were pitiful beyond belief. Reidy was as usual the rock but unfortunately lads he can't stop eleven players on his own!

"It is the Shawshank Redemption! Just with more tunneling through shit and less fucking redemption."

(in reply to Hooch0959)
Post #: 141
RE: The Championship and worse thread 2007/08 - 29/10/2007 11:21:01 AM   
jesseLujack

http://uk.youtube.com/results?search_query=sheffield+united+hitler+video

Pretty funny stuff.

(Sorry Bob)

Can I ask you one single, impulsive question? Are you in love at the present moment? I'm not the type of guy to impede on another man's happiness but if the answer is "No" I'd like to continue with my rhapsody. Has anybody ever told you that you glide?

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 142
RE: The Championship and worse thread 2007/08 - 29/10/2007 11:26:23 AM   
Flatulent_Bob

quote:

ORIGINAL: jesseLujack

http://uk.youtube.com/results?search_query=sheffield+united+hitler+video

Pretty funny stuff.

(Sorry Bob)

only 4th months behind Jess

http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=1502340&mpage=1&key=Downfall&NID=0#1502340

I'm your huckleberry...

(in reply to jesseLujack)
Post #: 143
RE: The Championship and worse thread 2007/08 - 29/10/2007 11:39:02 AM   
James2183

Another win for us that keeps us up with the top half and a possible play off place. From the sounds of things we won the game comfortably even if it was apparently quite boring.

Good to see us getting results. I just hope we can keep it up and try for promotion.

Hey bub, I aint finished with you yet!

"We do not beat the reaper by living longer. We beat the reaper by living well and living fully" - Randy Pausch

Post #: 144
RE: The Championship and worse thread 2007/08 - 3/11/2007 7:31:41 PM   
Goodfella

Didn't sound like we deserved the win today, but nonetheless, we'll take it.  In some ways it was more important too see a striker get on the scoresheet for us on the back of five league games where only one Charlton player has actually scored, and that was Zheng the midfielder.

For the second time this season we had to play with ten men. A downside to Pards I've found but it is nicer too see an aggressive touch in our team. Don't take that the wrong way but we've been used to 15 years of always finishing top of Fair Play and always being "such a nice team" and even though that's complimentary everyone knows the outcome. Like the saying "nice guys always finish last..."

Bristol City on Tuesday night. Big game and no-one thought it would be but another away win on the South Coast would be a huge boost in confidence in a pre-Christmas build-up that I think will have a big effect on where we finish at the end of the season.

If only Glenn Roeder can do us a favour tommorow.

(in reply to James2183)
Post #: 145
RE: The Championship and worse thread 2007/08 - 5/11/2007 9:42:21 AM   
jonson

Another quite poor result on Staurday. Again we take the lead in the 7th minute and again we fail to win. We absolutely hammered Colchester in the first half and should have been 2 or 3 up, but then disaster in the final minute of the first half, then Colchester came out in the second and could have scored again.
Mandaric looked mightily pissed off and while Frank Burrows and Gerry Taggart have been doing well, I can't see them being given a chance to manager the team. A new man will be in by the weekend, I have absolutely no idea who that may be, I'd be very happy with Paul Jewell or Simon Grayson but we'll just have to wait and see!

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 146
RE: The Championship and worse thread 2007/08 - 6/11/2007 4:07:34 PM   
Hardcore Raver

I've got a question for Bob or Dr. Salvador. How is Gary Cahill getting on up at United? I've rated him ever since he scored a cracker on his full home debut against Birmingham a couple of seasons ago! My concern is that our recent signings of Knight and Davis will force him out, when from what I've seen, Cahill is better than both of them. Also, how's Lee Hendrie doing? It was a shame when he left us as I always liked him.

Love Football. Hate FIFA.

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 147
RE: The Championship and worse thread 2007/08 - 7/11/2007 10:22:52 AM   
jonson

Another effing draw. 8 draws in 14 games, it's crazy.
OK, we went 1-0 down last night and from listening on the radio, we could have conceded a few more, but we fought back (like we do when we're losing) and salvaged a point, but I'm afraid it's not enough to keep Mr Mandaric happy. He's expecting promotion this season and he needs to hurry this new manager along.
Early favourites are Joe Royle (please no) and Graham Souness (please no)
I'd prefer Jewell myself but I suspect he'll (stupidly) go bakc to Wigan now.

(in reply to Hardcore Raver)
Post #: 148
RE: The Championship and worse thread 2007/08 - 7/11/2007 10:33:26 AM   
Goodfella

Big Chris Iwuelmo in the dying seconds again! Considering a few weeks ago he couldn't finish a free header five yards out it's great too see him find his scoring touch again and that's six for the season (not bad considering his age). I had settled for a goalless draw last night before SSN tried to shut down my vital organs with the announcement (for the second time in four days!) "...and there's been a last-minute goal down at Ashton Gate!" But walah! Here we come Watford! (I might be pushing it a bit there!

Cardiff at home on Saturday.

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 149
RE: The Championship and worse thread 2007/08 - 7/11/2007 11:22:58 AM   
Flatulent_Bob

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hardcore Raver

I've got a question for Bob or Dr. Salvador. How is Gary Cahill getting on up at United? I've rated him ever since he scored a cracker on his full home debut against Birmingham a couple of seasons ago! My concern is that our recent signings of Knight and Davis will force him out, when from what I've seen, Cahill is better than both of them. Also, how's Lee Hendrie doing? It was a shame when he left us as I always liked him.

Cahill has been simply brilliant for us, if we can make the move perminant in January it would be a great bit of business. He is certainly a better player than Knight but I just hope they both pick up their form to allow us to sign him.  I can't see it though to be honest.
Hendrie is suffering from the billy big bollocks syndrome, which isn't surprising. He hasn't done anything of note so far this season IMHO.

I'm your huckleberry...

(in reply to Hardcore Raver)
Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: The Championship and worse thread 2007/08 Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI