Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: The Championship and worse thread 2007/08

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: The Championship and worse thread 2007/08 Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The Championship and worse thread 2007/08 - 8/10/2007 2:38:20 PM   
Diggler

Peter Taylor is the latest manager to be handed his P45. Palace now looking for another manager.

"Hey Ron, I'm riding a furry tractor"

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 91
RE: The Championship and worse thread 2007/08 - 8/10/2007 2:59:56 PM   
jonson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Diggler

Peter Taylor is the latest manager to be handed his P45. Palace now looking for another manager.

Not surprised, the bloke was fucking useless for us, absolutely and utterly the worst manager we have ever seen. Our current problems all stem back to that twat wasting 25 million on a bunch of footballing idiots. He was still living off the fact he gave Beckham the captain's armband for England (which every football fan up and down the country would have done anyway)
Fucked up at Leicester and seems to have fucked up at Palace.
Simon Jordan is supposedly trying to sell the club and I guess he thought it would be worth zero if Taylor was still there.

I've got all the Barbie ones!!!

Yeah but you're old. Really old. Old. Old. Old. Old.

(in reply to Diggler)
Post #: 92
RE: The Championship and worse thread 2007/08 - 8/10/2007 3:04:49 PM   
Diggler

Worse than this guy?

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 93
RE: The Championship and worse thread 2007/08 - 8/10/2007 3:27:52 PM   
theram05

Warnock to go in, he's a Championship manager at best anyway.

What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it. And I don't like it any more than you men.

(in reply to Diggler)
Post #: 94
RE: The Championship and worse thread 2007/08 - 8/10/2007 3:29:59 PM   
Diggler

Warnock would be a decent choice. Either him or Mourinho (not that I can see Jose heading for Palace anytime soon).

(in reply to theram05)
Post #: 95
RE: The Championship and worse thread 2007/08 - 8/10/2007 4:38:01 PM   
jonson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Diggler

Worse than this guy?

Never really had a problem with him to be honest. His summer buys are starting to look a bit ropey I must say, and since he's gone I've ony heard bad things about him (ie most of the staff despised him, he was rude and angry too much apparently)
I judge a manager on the pitch and Allen didn't have enough games for me to make a reasonable assessment.
But yes, to answer your question, Peter Taylor was the worst manager I've witnessed at Leicester in over 25 years.

(in reply to Diggler)
Post #: 96
RE: The Championship and worse thread 2007/08 - 10/10/2007 11:31:39 AM   
Goodfella

quote:

Simon Jordan is supposedly trying to sell the club and I guess he thought it would be worth zero if Taylor was still there.

Simes is trying to escape from the footballing world! Thank God for that! Courtrooms, tabloid column inches and every manager who has ever crossed him are finally safe for now. It is going to be a good Christmas!

I could see Paul Jewell as a likely candidate for Selhurst Park. Someone who has shown he can take a team from the bottom to the top, also if there's money to spend in January that might attract him.

On the note of the championship table, aren't we doing well? And aren't Sheffield United doing badly? Whatever happened there...

"It is the Shawshank Redemption! Just with more tunneling through shit and less fucking redemption."

If you can quote the rules, then you can obey them.

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 97
RE: The Championship and worse thread 2007/08 - 10/10/2007 11:52:16 AM   
Flatulent_Bob

quote:

ORIGINAL: Goodfella

quote:

Simes is trying to escape from the footballing world! Thank God for that! Courtrooms, tabloid column inches and every manager who has ever crossed him are finally safe for now. It is going to be a good Christmas!

Just remind me again how did that court case go against the manger you poached?

quote:

I could see Paul Jewell as a likely candidate for Selhurst Park. Someone who has shown he can take a team from the bottom to the top, also if there's money to spend in January that might attract him.

Its Warnock all the way.

quote:

On the note of the championship table, aren't we doing well? And aren't Sheffield United doing badly? Whatever happened there...

Its a long season, I wager we will still finish above you if you want to take the bet.

Plus I think what I said about Charlton was that if they didnt go straight back up they were finished.  Looking at your attendances this season I still think I may be right as you won't go up this season anyway.

I'm your huckleberry...

All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Oh my God! They banned Kenny!

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 98
RE: The Championship and worse thread 2007/08 - 10/10/2007 1:50:56 PM   
jonson

I'll wager that we finish above both of you this season.
A sportsmans bet mind.

Warnock at Palace looks the most likely at the minute. Him and Jordan are made for each other I reckon.
Simon Jordan that is, not the zeppelin breasted Jordan.

(in reply to Flatulent_Bob)
Post #: 99
RE: The Championship and worse thread 2007/08 - 10/10/2007 2:33:24 PM   
Goodfella

quote:

Just remind me again how did that court case go against the manger you poached?

He lost, poor sod, nothing to do with us though. By use of the word 'poach' you've insenuated that we took him while he was still manager of Palace. Whatever reasons he used to get out of his Palace contract have nothing to do with us, regardless of whether we spoke to him before or after he left the club. Beleive me if that was the case Jordan would be sueing us too. Personally I felt most sorry for the court clerk who had to try and keep up with Jordan's consistent ramblings throughout the case. It is documented fact the judge had to warn him in his office about interrupting during court...

quote:

Its a long season, I wager we will still finish above you if you want to take the bet.

Plus I think what I said about Charlton was that if they didnt go straight back up they were finished.  Looking at your attendances this season I still think I may be right as you won't go up this season anyway.

Consistency is the key and so far we have it. We're winning regularly at home and are getting points on the road at some difficult places to go and play (Coventry, Hull etc.) We also have a strong big squad with a good choice between youth and experience. We are looking very much a reflection of our 1999 team which came straight back up and stayed there for the next seven years.

Yes, true, our home attendances have been poor. I put this down to no drop in ticket prices, the still poor seating arrangements and the natural small loss of fans every team suffers when they are relegated from a league (I say small, 2,000 odd can make quite a difference in attendance figures polls. Mind you, our away support has improved. I went to the Coventry game a few weeks ago and nine coaches went up too that as well as a lot of fans by cars and trains. Speaking of poor home support, if you want to see some of that, go to the Ricoh Arena. Fuck me, it was bad!

"It is the Shawshank Redemption! Just with more tunneling through shit and less fucking redemption."

If you can quote the rules, then you can obey them.

Post #: 100
RE: The Championship and worse thread 2007/08 - 10/10/2007 9:50:50 PM   
Dark Knight

quote:

ORIGINAL: jonson

I'll wager that we finish above both of you this season.
A sportsmans bet mind.

Warnock at Palace looks the most likely at the minute. Him and Jordan are made for each other I reckon.
Simon Jordan that is, not the zeppelin breasted Jordan.

Indeed they are - both complete twats!

"I'm too tense to speak!" - Borstal

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 101
RE: The Championship and worse thread 2007/08 - 11/10/2007 12:06:27 PM   
pocketrocket

http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8669_2794425,00.html

The worst kept secret in the world...apparently it's going to be Mr W's last job...just wonder how long it will last?

He might get palace to the palyoff spots but not much more than that this season...I am prepared to eat my hat...

"A life Jmmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for the moments that never come." Lester Freamon

(in reply to Dark Knight)
Post #: 102
RE: The Championship and worse thread 2007/08 - 15/10/2007 12:50:08 PM   
JJ Holiday

It's the game of the century tonight live on SKY Sports 1! Cobblers v Luton!

I'm going to have to use all the Holiday charm to get one of the pubs in Stirling to show it. But how can they not, right?

Hubertz is out so hopefully the boy Henderson will play with Kirk up front. Although Gray may go with Larkin as he can probably put himself about a bit better.

If we give away another two goal lead, I will kill someone. Probably myself.

I imagine you're all wetting yourselves with anticipation?

"Stay frosty"

(in reply to pocketrocket)
Post #: 103
RE: The Championship and worse thread 2007/08 - 17/10/2007 10:12:22 AM   
dr. salvador

Bob, how do you reckon Sheffield United will do on Saturday against Preston?

"Say hey Johnny boy, the battle call.
United we stand, divided we fall.
Together we are what we can't be alone,
We came to this country, you made it our home."

Post #: 104
RE: The Championship and worse thread 2007/08 - 17/10/2007 10:22:55 AM   
Flatulent_Bob

quote:

ORIGINAL: dr. salvador

10-9 to the mighty Blades

We aim to entertain

< Message edited by Flatulent_Bob -- 17/10/2007 10:23:11 AM >

I'm your huckleberry...

All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

(in reply to dr. salvador)
Post #: 105
RE: The Championship and worse thread 2007/08 - 17/10/2007 10:35:43 AM   
dr. salvador

quote:

ORIGINAL: Flatulent_Bob

quote:

ORIGINAL: dr. salvador

10-9 to the mighty Blades

We aim to entertain

I'd say we aim to disappoint rather than entertain. 10-9 is probably an accurate score condsidering the amount of goals we seem to be giving away.

What side would you put out on saturday?

"Say hey Johnny boy, the battle call.
United we stand, divided we fall.
Together we are what we can't be alone,
We came to this country, you made it our home."

Post #: 106
RE: The Championship and worse thread 2007/08 - 17/10/2007 10:47:10 AM   
Flatulent_Bob

Hmm well I honestly think the Bristol City game will be our watershead.  Hopefully with another player joining this week we will have options in midfield. Speed has been mentioned which would be a great signing but it might just be paper talk with him falling our with little Sam. Although I wouldn't be surprised if no one turned up.

My team would be

Kenny

Bardsley
Cahill
Lucky
Stretch

A Quinn
Hendry
Carney

Beattie
Sharp
Stead

Subs: Killa, Shelton, Tonge, Morgan,

< Message edited by Flatulent_Bob -- 17/10/2007 10:48:02 AM >

I'm your huckleberry...

(in reply to dr. salvador)
Post #: 107
RE: The Championship and worse thread 2007/08 - 19/10/2007 10:35:46 AM   
jonson

It's the sporting weekend we've all been waiting for.
Dad's up and down the country have already booked the TV seat.
Video recorderes are being dusted down, fridge's are being stocked with beer and the nation waits with baited breath.
England rugby? Nahh!
Lewis Hamilton? Bollocks!
I'm talking Sky's Saturday tea-time extravaganza, Leicester Vs Scunthorpe live!
I imagine the National Grad is being strengthened as we speak.
Up the Foxes!!

Post #: 108
RE: The Championship and worse thread 2007/08 - 19/10/2007 11:16:24 AM   
Beno

quote:

Hmm well I honestly think the Bristol City game will be our watershead.  Hopefully with another player joining this week we will have options in midfield. Speed has been mentioned which would be a great signing but it might just be paper talk with him falling our with little Sam. Although I wouldn't be surprised if no one turned up.

My team would be

Kenny

Bardsley
Cahill
Lucky
Stretch

A Quinn
Hendry
Carney

Beattie
Sharp
Stead

Subs: Killa, Shelton, Tonge, Morgan,

Nice to see you coming over to my side Bob ...... remember a while ago i suggested utilising as many Strikers in a team as poss. to you . Attack is the best form of defense and you have some quality Strikers , even Stead when he comes out of shell . Shame Robbo wont listen to you Bob .

"The one about the space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedalbin. His Father's a robot and he's fucking fucked his Sister. Lego ... They're all made of fucking Lego!!"

Post #: 109
RE: The Championship and worse thread 2007/08 - 19/10/2007 11:23:13 AM   
Flatulent_Bob

If Geary was fit I'd try him in midfield and dropping Sharp.

quote:

Shame Robbo wont listen to you Bob

Tis my burden.

Owen Hargreaves before the world cup, Gareth Barry for the past 3 years,  Peter Crouch when he signed for Liverpool, Recalling Emile Heskey, Henry's departure, Sven doing well at City.
I'm a regular Cassandra.

< Message edited by Flatulent_Bob -- 19/10/2007 11:35:06 AM >

I'm your huckleberry...

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 110
RE: The Championship and worse thread 2007/08 - 19/10/2007 11:30:53 AM   
Beno

Yuh bugger !!

"The one about the space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedalbin. His Father's a robot and he's fucking fucked his Sister. Lego ... They're all made of fucking Lego!!"

Post #: 111
RE: The Championship and worse thread 2007/08 - 19/10/2007 11:39:19 AM   
Flatulent_Bob

quote:

ORIGINAL: Beno

Yuh bugger !!

No only in the foretelling the future only not to be believed.
Certainly not as in daughter of Priam who served as a councubine to Agamemmon and who was raped by Ajax. 

< Message edited by Flatulent_Bob -- 19/10/2007 11:54:01 AM >

I'm your huckleberry...

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 112
RE: The Championship and worse thread 2007/08 - 19/10/2007 11:48:34 AM   
jonson

quote:

raped by Ajax. 

Blimey, that's worse than being finger-fucked by Domestos.

Post #: 113
RE: The Championship and worse thread 2007/08 - 19/10/2007 11:52:34 AM   
Beno

Are you 2 on glue !?!?!?!? .... ( how bout Cilit Banged )??

< Message edited by Beno -- 19/10/2007 11:53:45 AM >

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 114
RE: The Championship and worse thread 2007/08 - 19/10/2007 11:56:16 AM   
Flatulent_Bob

You can't beat a classical education Beno.

I'm your huckleberry...

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 115
RE: The Championship and worse thread 2007/08 - 19/10/2007 12:04:02 PM   
Beno

quote:

You can't beat a classical education Beno.

Ohh yes you can ..... beat it with a loo brush till it begs for more then stop then squirt it all over with some Mr. Sheen ( Charlie or Martin not Emilio - we dont talk bout Emilio ) then retire to your Caravan for nibbles ........ good idea this glue , just kiddin kids ..... anyhoo whats happenin with second rate footie this weekend ??

Post #: 116
RE: The Championship and worse thread 2007/08 - 19/10/2007 12:19:34 PM   
jonson

quote:

anyhoo whats happenin with second rate footie this weekend ??

You need the Chelsea thread for that.
This is grass roots, classic football, pies and passion. The reason the beautiful game was invented.
You don't believe me?
Sky Sports tomorrow night. Kick-off 5.20pm.
Watch it and weep (unless you, errr, fall asleep first that is )

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 117
RE: The Championship and worse thread 2007/08 - 19/10/2007 12:39:18 PM   
Beno

quote:

quote:

anyhoo whats happenin with second rate footie this weekend ??

You need the Chelsea thread for that.
This is grass roots, classic football, pies and passion. The reason the beautiful game was invented.
You don't believe me?
Watch it and weep (unless you, errr, fall asleep first that is )

Lovely speech Jonson but save for someone who doesnt know it all already , i was being sarcastic matey , trying to be witty , sorry if i offended xx .

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 118
RE: The Championship and worse thread 2007/08 - 19/10/2007 1:05:53 PM   
jonson

No worries.
Does that mean you're not going to be tuning in then?

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 119
RE: The Championship and worse thread 2007/08 - 19/10/2007 1:14:35 PM   
Felix

quote:

Wow, its a good job that vital match doesnt clash with any other sporting events this weekend, the viewing figures should be huuuuuge...

[This space for rent] -

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 120
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: The Championship and worse thread 2007/08 Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI