Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: The Championship and worse thread 2007/08

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: The Championship and worse thread 2007/08 Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The Championship and worse thread 2007/08 - 17/9/2007 11:51:43 AM   
Flatulent_Bob

quote:

ORIGINAL: jonson

quote:

Lucky to get the scoreline but overall I think we deserved the points.

Looked convincing to me Bob.
I love it when Wolves get beat. Another one of those "we're a big club, deserve to be in the Premiership" type teams.

I can see how the highlights might have given that impression. But we seriously lack creavity in the midfield Hendrie is back on Saturday so hopefully he will help. Robo really needs to get someone in January though hopefully if we can get into the top 2 come January we might be a more attractive prospect for Permiership players.

I'm your huckleberry...

All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Oh my God! They banned Kenny!

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 61
RE: The Championship and worse thread 2007/08 - 17/9/2007 3:46:55 PM   
AndyR

It's a long shot, but are there any Baggies fans in the forum? If there are, how's Ishmael Miller looking for you, any good?

A man chooses, a slave obeys.

(in reply to Flatulent_Bob)
Post #: 62
RE: The Championship and worse thread 2007/08 - 17/9/2007 8:15:19 PM   
Dark Knight

quote:

ORIGINAL: AndyR

It's a long shot, but are there any Baggies fans in the forum? If there are, how's Ishmael Miller looking for you, any good?

Indeed there are some baggies fans on the forum. Myself and Hooch - both season ticket holders.

For my part, I think Miller will turn into a quality player - he has confidence, strength, pace and talent. His couple of goals for us this season have both been amazing - using his strength and pace to latch onto a ball , forcing it through the defence and blasting it into the onion bag.

"I'm too tense to speak!" - Borstal

(in reply to AndyR)
Post #: 63
RE: The Championship and worse thread 2007/08 - 19/9/2007 8:04:26 AM   
jonson

Thank fuck for that!
We gave them a 1 goal lead, which I know is very sporting, but why didn't they mention it before the game?
I had a flutter on first goalscorer and final score and just ripped up my tickets as soon as their goalie went up the other end and put it into an empty net. I must admit to be really pissed off with the decision as were the majority of the Leicester fans. If it had been called off due to fog, or rain, or crowd trouble, the game would have just been replayed at 0-0.
Anyway, to be 2-1 down with 2 minutes to go, being taunted by the Forets fans, and then to score 2 goals and win is a dream.
Football matches don't get much better than that.
I don't think we deserved the win but who cares? We beat Forest.
10 minutes of "1 nil and you fucked it up!" was worth losing a few quid at the bookies.
Jonson is happy this morning!

I've got all the Barbie ones!!!

Yeah but you're old. Really old. Old. Old. Old. Old.

(in reply to Dark Knight)
Post #: 64
RE: The Championship and worse thread 2007/08 - 19/9/2007 9:18:49 AM   
Flatulent_Bob

Well Robo seems to have gotten up playing 45 mins of good stuff followed by 45 mins of shite.
Thats 6 down 4 to go before I judge the man. Palace (away), Southampton (home), Cardiff (home), Bristol City (Home) by which I would hope we have at least doubled our points total.

What a signing Beattie is though!

I'm your huckleberry...

All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 65
RE: The Championship and worse thread 2007/08 - 20/9/2007 12:04:59 AM   
SCFC_1972

Good to see some fans of proper football on here rather than that Premiership rubbish

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dark Knight

Indeed there are some baggies fans on the forum. Myself and Hooch - both season ticket holders.

For my part, I think Miller will turn into a quality player - he has confidence, strength, pace and talent. His couple of goals for us this season have both been amazing - using his strength and pace to latch onto a ball , forcing it through the defence and blasting it into the onion bag.

Might as well ask- what have you made of Hoefkens so far? And can we have him back-PLEASE! 

One of a number of players who left us in the summer without a suitable replacement coming in

Post #: 66
RE: The Championship and worse thread 2007/08 - 20/9/2007 8:42:56 AM   
jonson

quote:

ORIGINAL: SCFC_1972

Good to see some fans of proper football on here rather than that Premiership rubbish

Damn right, welcome Stoke fan  (and nice to see another oldie on here as well )

Sorry we pinched Taggart back from you. It's great to see him back on our side, he was a great player, 110% commitment and now he's well on the way with his coaching badges, I think he'll be a good asset to us. (I'm a Leicester fan btw)

(in reply to SCFC_1972)
Post #: 67
RE: The Championship and worse thread 2007/08 - 20/9/2007 11:18:15 AM   
SCFC_1972

Thanks!

Yeah, Taggart was great for us too- when he first joined on loan he turned our season around at a time when we were looking at a relegation fight. What pace he did have was gone by that stage of his career but his reading of the game was still superb, and he put in consistently good displays for the first 12-18 months until injuries and age forced him out. Hope he makes a success out of the coaching now

(BTW, I'm not as old as my username suggests. 1972 refers to the year we won the League Cup- our only major honour trophy! I'm only 23)

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 68
RE: The Championship and worse thread 2007/08 - 20/9/2007 11:39:14 AM   
jonson

quote:

Thanks!

Yeah, Taggart was great for us too- when he first joined on loan he turned our season around at a time when we were looking at a relegation fight. What pace he did have was gone by that stage of his career but his reading of the game was still superb, and he put in consistently good displays for the first 12-18 months until injuries and age forced him out. Hope he makes a success out of the coaching now

(BTW, I'm not as old as my username suggests. 1972 refers to the year we won the League Cup- our only major honour trophy! I'm only 23)

Taggart is all heart, he never had the pace at Leicester but he worked hard and read the agme well.

Sorry for assuming you were 35 it's just we could do with some more oldies here. The weekly bingo nights are getting lonely.

(in reply to SCFC_1972)
Post #: 69
RE: The Championship and worse thread 2007/08 - 20/9/2007 12:54:15 PM   
Felix

jonson, I bet you're gutted. If your mob had held out for another week, you could have had Mourinho instead of Megson...

[This space for rent] -

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 70
RE: The Championship and worse thread 2007/08 - 20/9/2007 1:15:59 PM   
jonson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Felix

jonson, I bet you're gutted. If your mob had held out for another week, you could have had Mourinho instead of Megson...

Funny you should say that, we've just had the exact same discussion at work. We did come to the conclusion that Mandaric will probably get rid of Megson before Mourinho finds another job anyway.
Or perhaps someone else with a surname beginning with M.

(in reply to Felix)
Post #: 71
RE: The Championship and worse thread 2007/08 - 20/9/2007 9:53:22 PM   
Dark Knight

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dark Knight

Might as well ask- what have you made of Hoefkens so far? And can we have him back-PLEASE! 

One of a number of players who left us in the summer without a suitable replacement coming in

No you cant have him back!

To be honest, it looked in our first couple of matches like he was going to struggle being as he was trying his best to give a penalty away at most oppurtuinites but he - like many of the signings that Mowbray has made - has settled down and is turning out to be a very good player. (watch him get sent off on Saturday now!)

"I'm too tense to speak!" - Borstal

(in reply to SCFC_1972)
Post #: 72
RE: The Championship and worse thread 2007/08 - 21/9/2007 12:10:59 PM   
IAmMadeOfPoison

Never noticed this thread before.  Being a Bristol City boy you can bet I'm gurt pleased with this season so far!  Didn't go on tuesday but my ol' dad did, an said if we can match team like WBA who looked pretty handy then we'll do ok.  not conviced about saturday though.  unbeaten run might just out against Burnley me thinks (or maybe a draw)!

Post #: 73
RE: The Championship and worse thread 2007/08 - 22/9/2007 10:51:30 AM   
jonson

quote:

ORIGINAL: IAmMadeOfPoison

Never noticed this thread before.  Being a Bristol City boy you can bet I'm gurt pleased with this season so far!  Didn't go on tuesday but my ol' dad did, an said if we can match team like WBA who looked pretty handy then we'll do ok.  not conviced about saturday though.  unbeaten run might just out against Burnley me thinks (or maybe a draw)!

Welcome to the best football threda on the forums. I've had an 8 team accumulator today and Bristol Cioty are one of my teams down to win. Don't let me down.

An especially trciky game today against Charlton. I don't expect to take much from the game but you never know. The fasns have come in for some extreme critisism this week from Mandaric. He's accused sections of the supporters (namely those at the Forest match for chanting Martin Allen's name) of poisoning the club. As the can imagine, this has not gone down too well with the "I've supported Leicester for 30 years I'm entitled to an opinion" posse. I can see their point but for crying out loud get behind the team and support the manager. If Megson gets us promoted we'll love him, if he doesn't he'll be sacked. Simple.
The downside is a lot of supporters are now turning on Mandaric which I'm hoping won't encourage him to walk away. We were fucked before he came and would be fucked if he left.

Up the Foxes!

(in reply to IAmMadeOfPoison)
Post #: 74
RE: The Championship and worse thread 2007/08 - 24/9/2007 4:35:33 PM   
jonson

That was shit apparently. I didn't even bother to listen to the radio. I was happily cycling around Abbey Park on Saturday afternoon, pulled up next to the lake, got a drink, a chocolate bar and a small rolled "jazz cigarette", looked out onto the lake at the swans and ducks, happily drifting off in a world of my own, when someone walking past on their mobile phone, said "fucking hell, Leicester are losing 2-0 already?"
Yeah, thanks mate.
Rubbish apparently, I think we can safely say this season is a write-off.
I honestly thought we'd have enough to at least battle at the top end, but the more I see from other teams (Watford, West Brom, Charlton etc) I don't think we have the team or the squad yet to compete.
Still, I shan't throw my season ticket in the bin just yet

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 75
RE: The Championship and worse thread 2007/08 - 25/9/2007 11:15:43 AM   
SCFC_1972

It was always going to be hard for you due to the sheer number of new arrivals you had over the summer, and losing the manager who signed them obviously doesn't help. I hope Megson is given time, despite his stay at Forest he's a good manager and I think he'll do a good job if he's allowed to settle

Charlton and Watford are both looking good, I fancied them before the season and thought the only problem might be that it often takes time to adjust to being back in the Championship but both are up there already.

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 76
RE: The Championship and worse thread 2007/08 - 25/9/2007 11:38:37 AM   
Flatulent_Bob

quote:

Charlton and Watford are both looking good, I fancied them before the season and thought the only problem might be that it often takes time to adjust to being back in the Championship but both are up there already.

If you look at the sides doing well at the moment Charlton, Watford, WBA none of these have had massive restucturing in the summer. They have kept most of their players and their mangement staff which I think is important.

My side and Leicester etc will take 10 games at least to start looking like a team.

Personally from what I have seen so far there is no really good sides in the division and I'm still confident that come May we will be in one of the top 2 positions.

I'm your huckleberry...

(in reply to SCFC_1972)
Post #: 77
RE: The Championship and worse thread 2007/08 - 27/9/2007 7:56:35 AM   
jonson

Get in there!!!!!!!!
Listened to it on the radio (I should have bloody gone. I had the chance but it was cold last night and I was 99% sure we'd get beat  ) and by the soudns of it we were well worthy of our win. Martin O'Neill takes this Cup seriously but  made some changes that he'll probably regret this morning.
At last though soemhting to cheer about. Hopefully (cliche alert) we can take somethng from this win and continue the good form into the league.
Up the Foxes!

Post #: 78
RE: The Championship and worse thread 2007/08 - 1/10/2007 8:59:36 AM   
jonson

quote:

and continue the good form into the league.

Alas, it wasn't to be.
Played an equally dire Stoke team on Saturday and looked like a bunch of schoolboys. First half was dreadful, and Leicester fans were staggered as to Megson's team selection. Fryatt and Hume had played up front against Villa and terrorised the defence including grabbing a goal.
5 days later, they are both sat on the bench and Megson opts for Carl Cort, DJ Campbell and Mark De Vries up front. It failed miserable.
Second half Fryatt and Hume came on and Fryatt scored within 2 mintues. We looked different again.
Stoke weren't much to write home about, they have mid-table written all over them, a bit like us really.

A big match tomorrow night against Wolves.
Up the Foxes!

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 79
RE: The Championship and worse thread 2007/08 - 1/10/2007 9:40:26 AM   
Flatulent_Bob

FUCKING WANK.  That all I have to say on the subject.

I'm your huckleberry...

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 80
RE: The Championship and worse thread 2007/08 - 1/10/2007 12:15:41 PM   
jonson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Flatulent_Bob

FUCKING WANK.  That all I have to say on the subject.

I didn't think you'd have must to say this morning. You're having a piss-poor start like us.
My belief is the season is still young. Watford have lost 1 game and we have only won one game, ironically beating Watford 4-1 (and they took a beating as well. They were shit, we were good)
If we're not at least mid-table by Christmas our season is over, but we are buiding and Milan's got a 3 year vision, not a 1 year vision.

Post #: 81
RE: The Championship and worse thread 2007/08 - 1/10/2007 3:54:38 PM   
JJ Holiday

The Cobblers gave away another two goal lead, away from home, to one of the top sides!

Another, two goal lead, away from home, given away.

Another, two goal lead, away from home, given away.

Why is supporting a shit team so difficult?

I should have kept that Man Utd lunch box as a kid. Yeah, if I could go back in time and change anything it'd be that. Yeah, that'd show 'em. Show 'em all.

"Stay frosty"

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 82
RE: The Championship and worse thread 2007/08 - 3/10/2007 9:59:24 AM   
jonson

0-0, dull game, Wolves were quite possibly the worst team I've seen down there for 3 years, considering they will be there or thereabouts this season, it's quite frustrating to grind out yet another draw.

Bob, you guys managed a point by the skin of your teeth again. Starting to become a speciality now.

(in reply to JJ Holiday)
Post #: 83
RE: The Championship and worse thread 2007/08 - 3/10/2007 10:27:52 AM   
Flatulent_Bob

quote:

0-0, dull game, Wolves were quite possibly the worst team I've seen down there for 3 years, considering they will be there or thereabouts this season, it's quite frustrating to grind out yet another draw.

Bob, you guys managed a point by the skin of your teeth again. Starting to become a speciality now.

I can't believe what I'm seeing it is all very strange.  First 20 mins (as against Southampton) we are getting the ball down, keeping possession and looking really good. We score and look like we are going to get 4 or 5 and then out of nowhere we loose a goal and then another.
I have to admit I can see what Robbo is trying to do and I like it. Unfortunately we just don't have the defenders to play that way yet. We also need a defensive midfielder who can keep possession.

I really like the look of Cahill at the back but we will have to do more if we are to convince him to stay and he needs a like minded partner.  Morgan just isn’t the right player for this type of football.  The same goes for Monty in the middle of the park.

On the plus side the crowds are good given our league position, (another 26,000 last night) and only West Brom after their hammering of QPR have scored more than us.
So if we can shore up the defence we’re laughing.  So here’s hoping for another young player to be brought in on loan and an experienced head which will see us move up the league.

I'm your huckleberry...

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 84
RE: The Championship and worse thread 2007/08 - 3/10/2007 10:47:49 AM   
Professor Moriarty

quote:

quote:

Jack Lesters a great little player, I was a little sad to see him go.  I think he'll do a great job for you plus he's a really nice fella if you meet him in Xanadu.

I went round his flat once when he played for Nottingham Forest. Don't ask why but yes, he is a nice fella.
I went round Chris Bart-Williams in the same week and I thought he was an arrogant git. Fit girlfriend though.

You heard it here and here first.  He's banging them away like Ronan O'Gara with his teammate's wives.

That smell in the air is no longer Bob, but the whiff of promotion.

I say bring on Chelsea in the FA Cup R3, as we spiral upwards (see what I did there) and they plummet downwards, I think we are ready for that one.

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 85
RE: The Championship and worse thread 2007/08 - 3/10/2007 10:51:04 AM   
Flatulent_Bob

quote:

ORIGINAL: Professor Moriarty

quote:

quote:

Jack Lesters a great little player, I was a little sad to see him go.  I think he'll do a great job for you plus he's a really nice fella if you meet him in Xanadu.

I went round his flat once when he played for Nottingham Forest. Don't ask why but yes, he is a nice fella.
I went round Chris Bart-Williams in the same week and I thought he was an arrogant git. Fit girlfriend though.

You heard it here and here first.  He's banging them away like Ronan O'Gara with his teammate's wives.

That smell in the air is no longer Bob, but the whiff of promotion.

I say bring on Chelsea in the FA Cup R3, as we spiral upwards (see what I did there) and they plummet downwards, I think we are ready for that one.

Ernie Moss,  Ernie Moss  Ernie Ernie Moss,
He gets the ball and does fuck all Ernie Ernie Moss.

I'm your huckleberry...

(in reply to Professor Moriarty)
Post #: 86
RE: The Championship and worse thread 2007/08 - 3/10/2007 11:41:30 PM   
SCFC_1972

Good draw for us tonight at West Brom- typical Stoke performance, ugly football but we defended very well to frustrate possibly the best team in this division. Disappointing to lose yet another lead, but still two decent points from two tricky away games- a win against Colchester on Saturday would make this a good week

Nice to see our great record against the Baggies continue, despite the obvious gap in quality at the moment!

Post #: 87
RE: The Championship and worse thread 2007/08 - 8/10/2007 7:43:13 AM   
jonson

At last!
A good win at Sheff Weds, important to pull ourselves out of the bottom 3 before the long break.
It didn't sound the most inspiring of wins but who cares, we needed the result and to beat the biggest team in Sheffield ( ) is a good boost.
Early days still but I can only see Watford and Charlton pulling away at the top of this division now.

(in reply to SCFC_1972)
Post #: 88
RE: The Championship and worse thread 2007/08 - 8/10/2007 9:43:18 AM   
Flatulent_Bob

quote:

It didn't sound the most inspiring of wins but who cares, we needed the result and to beat the biggest team in Sheffield ( ) is a good boost.

Biggest in what way? 
Crowds?  Nope. 
History?  Nope
Debt?   Ah yes you must be talking about that. 

Another loss for us and I have to again agree with Robson.  The players he has inherited simply aren't able to play the way he wants.

Morgan was at fault for their first goal (yet again) and too many players haven't covered themselves in glory.
Still think we will get promoted (which is strange), so much so I'm nipping down to bookies lay £100 on. But he needs to get some new players in.

On the positive side going forward we look very good we just are shite at the back making really stupid errors.

I'm your huckleberry...

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 89
RE: The Championship and worse thread 2007/08 - 8/10/2007 9:46:34 AM   
jonson

Bob you're easy to wind up 

Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: The Championship and worse thread 2007/08 Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI