Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: The Championship and worse thread 2007/08

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: The Championship and worse thread 2007/08 Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The Championship and worse thread 2007/08 - 24/8/2007 7:49:25 PM   
Flatulent_Bob

Hiya Hooch,

The deal has only been agreed with Bolton not the player, plus he is currently recovering from a Hernia op so if it did go through it would be 2-3 weeks away.

As for a hard away day hopefully eventually but at the minute I think a forward lineup of me, Jonson and the Prof could score against United and Jonson's only got one good hip.

< Message edited by Flatulent_Bob -- 24/8/2007 7:50:38 PM >

I'm your huckleberry...

All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Oh my God! They banned Kenny!

(in reply to Hooch0959)
Post #: 31
RE: The Championship and worse thread 2007/08 - 26/8/2007 9:44:48 AM   
Frank Castle

YAY!!  Sky blue army top of the league!!!
can we end the season now please??

" guys its ok, he just wanted his machette back"!!

(in reply to Flatulent_Bob)
Post #: 32
RE: The Championship and worse thread 2007/08 - 26/8/2007 10:55:18 AM   
James2183

Not top of the league, but still unbeaten. I'll take it. 

Hey bub, I aint finished with you yet!

"We do not beat the reaper by living longer. We beat the reaper by living well and living fully" - Randy Pausch

(in reply to Frank Castle)
Post #: 33
RE: The Championship and worse thread 2007/08 - 26/8/2007 12:59:38 PM   
Hooch0959

quote:

ORIGINAL: Flatulent_Bob

Hiya Hooch,

The deal has only been agreed with Bolton not the player, plus he is currently recovering from a Hernia op so if it did go through it would be 2-3 weeks away.

As for a hard away day hopefully eventually but at the minute I think a forward lineup of me, Jonson and the Prof could score against United and Jonson's only got one good hip.

On reflection a fair result Bob, Much more urgency about the blades, they semmed up for it and played at a tempo the Albion couldn't handle, the so called expert Don Goodman said that the Albion were poor and rightly so but I believe it was more Sheff Utd not letting us play and surely thats what it's all about.  I feel James Beattie may be handful in this division, I think he won every ball didn't he?  and both forwards for the blades worked there socks off.

Did you go Bob and what sort of reception did the Albion Fans give Robson, personally I hope he wasn't booed

< Message edited by Hooch0959 -- 26/8/2007 1:02:07 PM >

"Stand away from those stern cleats! Back home we get a taxidermy man, he's gonna have a heart attack when he sees what I brung him!"

"I have a gift for disaster"

Post #: 34
RE: The Championship and worse thread 2007/08 - 27/8/2007 12:50:20 PM   
Dark Knight

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hooch0959

quote:

Hiya Hooch,

On reflection a fair result Bob, Much more urgency about the blades, they semmed up for it and played at a tempo the Albion couldn't handle, the so called expert Don Goodman said that the Albion were poor and rightly so but I believe it was more Sheff Utd not letting us play and surely thats what it's all about.  I feel James Beattie may be handful in this division, I think he won every ball didn't he?  and both forwards for the blades worked there socks off.

Did you go Bob and what sort of reception did the Albion Fans give Robson, personally I hope he wasn't booed

I would agree with that Hooch - I was just a bit worried about Albions lack of response to the harrying by the Sheffield players. We still trying to hold onto a pass it neatly to each other, when anyone could see that Sheffield Utd were not going to give us a second on the ball (a job that they did exceptionally well, I must say). I can't understand why Robson never got us to play like that!

Well Done Bob, a well deserved three points (said with gritted teeth! )

"I'm too tense to speak!" - Borstal

(in reply to Hooch0959)
Post #: 35
RE: The Championship and worse thread 2007/08 - 28/8/2007 9:38:01 AM   
Flatulent_Bob

While I thought we battled well we obviously need some midfield creativity.  I like the look of Beattie and Sharp upfront and think once they click we could be looking at a 40+ goal partnership at this level.

I've got to admit I was disapointed with WBA they just didn't seem up for it which given our starts to the season surprised me. I still think come the end of the season we will both be top 6.

One final point what was with less than 1000 fans coming up?  It made for quite a disapointing attendance I know it was on the TV but I thought you'd bring a couple of thousand.  

Oh and Robson was soundly boo'd but the home fans drowned it out.

< Message edited by Flatulent_Bob -- 28/8/2007 9:44:53 AM >

I'm your huckleberry...

All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

(in reply to Hooch0959)
Post #: 36
Jonson wont be pleased - 29/8/2007 7:04:16 PM   
theram05

Anyone got Neil Warnocks phone number?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/l/leicester_city/6969388.stm

What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it. And I don't like it any more than you men.

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 37
RE: Jonson wont be pleased - 29/8/2007 9:09:33 PM   
Flatulent_Bob

Watford sign Ellington for 4.25 Million
AND Sunderland sign Jones for 6Million

Beattie looks a bargin at 4 Million and if Derby shore up their interest in Stead we surely must ask for 3 Million.  Wouldn't look like such a shit deal for us then Felix would it  

< Message edited by Flatulent_Bob -- 29/8/2007 9:12:04 PM >

I'm your huckleberry...

(in reply to theram05)
Post #: 38
RE: Jonson wont be pleased - 29/8/2007 10:33:43 PM   
Rinc

Fuck me prices for average players are going through the roof. 6m for Jones! I haven't seen much of him, only on highlights but there's no way he's worth that.

No spoilers please:

Invisiotext:
[ color=#F1F1F1 ]text[ /color ]

Post #: 39
RE: Jonson wont be pleased - 30/8/2007 3:21:16 PM   
Boring Prophet

Wtf?! Martin Allen's "left on mutual consent," which we all know means he was forced out.

(in reply to Rinc)
Post #: 40
RE: Jonson wont be pleased - 30/8/2007 3:34:21 PM   
brightlight

Stupidy, stupidy, stupidy.

(in reply to Boring Prophet)
Post #: 41
RE: Jonson wont be pleased - 30/8/2007 3:56:13 PM   
Flatulent_Bob

quote:

Sheffield United are planning a double raid on Bolton to land Ivan Campo and Stelios Giannakopoulos. (Various)

EDIT: BUGGER!!!
Stelios says no

http://www.sufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10418~1102477,00.html

< Message edited by Flatulent_Bob -- 30/8/2007 3:57:47 PM >

I'm your huckleberry...

(in reply to brightlight)
Post #: 42
RE: Jonson wont be pleased - 30/8/2007 4:27:12 PM   
theram05

Jaysus no offence Bob, but Stelios can do better. The type of player Keane should be trying to buy instead of pissing Big Nialls consortiums money up against the wall on piss poor shite like Richardson.

What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it. And I don't like it any more than you men.

Post #: 43
RE: Jonson wont be pleased - 31/8/2007 1:05:09 AM   
Flatulent_Bob

quote:

ORIGINAL: theram05

. The type of player Keane should be trying to buy instead of pissing Big Nialls consortiums money up against the wall on piss poor shite like Richardson.

Lets see where he ends up although I can't see a big line of club banging on little Sam's door to get at him.

quote:

Jaysus no offence Bob, but Stelios can do better

Who the fuck are Sunderland apart from a side from the north east who have spent millions on distinctly average players and then moan about other sides paying over the odds?
They've not bought a player this season that wasn't at least a couple of million OTT.   If Sunderland don't stay up this season I don't think Roy can blame anyone. 

How much have they spent since January?

I'm your huckleberry...

(in reply to theram05)
Post #: 44
RE: Jonson wont be pleased - 31/8/2007 9:21:24 AM   
theram05

quote:

quote:

Jaysus no offence Bob, but Stelios can do better

Who the fuck are Sunderland apart from a side from the north east who have spent millions on distinctly average players and then moan about other sides paying over the odds?
They've not bought a player this season that wasn't at least a couple of million OTT.   If Sunderland don't stay up this season I don't think Roy can blame anyone. 

How much have they spent since January?

My point was Stelios could do better than than Sheff Utd as he can still contribute to a decent side in the Premiership.

I think you'll find that I did not declare that side to be Sunderland. I just said that Stelios was the kind of player Keane should have been in for instead of Richardson, I didnt say Sunderland were that side, you made that link yourself. Personally I think Stelios would be too good for Sunderland too, he should at a quality club, a club going places, one with some decent ambition and one with a great history.

Get in there Sven...........

By the way, someone has a problem with Sunderland methinks.................

Post #: 45
RE: Jonson wont be pleased - 31/8/2007 9:47:29 PM   
Flatulent_Bob

quote:

Why because I think they have paid over the odds?

Edit:  Sorry its because I have doubted Keane in this one post isn't it.

< Message edited by Flatulent_Bob -- 31/8/2007 9:49:24 PM >

I'm your huckleberry...

(in reply to theram05)
Post #: 46
RE: Jonson wont be pleased - 1/9/2007 11:37:32 AM   
jonson

Not been in for a week but my, what a fucking week we've had.
Tuesday ngiht I was there at Forest to see us play like a bunch of lepers in the first half then the game was cancelled due to Clive Clarkes horrendous heart attacks!
Let's hope he gets well soon and hopefully can continue his career.

Then the day after, Martin Allen leaves!
I know it was supposedly on the cards but I was still shocked.
On the Tuesday night there were 5 and a half thousand Leicester fans chanting his name and Mandaric must have heard and seen the support the fans have given him.
We liked his enthusiasm and desire which has been seriously missing since O'Neill left. From what I can gather the main problems Mandaric and Allen had was Allen's refusal to take Jimmy Floyd Hasslebank. MM wanted a star name and Allen wanted a bunch of grafters, not some old fat-arsed has-been just after a last payday.
I respected Martin Allen for that and I personally think he'll be proved right as JFH spends most of this season in the treatment room for Cardiff, pocketing his 15 grand a week and laughing.
However, all said and done it's Milan's club, he wants what is best and he got through a fair few managers at Portsmouth but look at them now. I doubt you'll find a Pompey fan with a bad word to say about him even though he upset a lot of people on the way.
As long as it's not Neil fucking Warnock or Glenn fucking Roeder I don't mind. I'd like to see Paul Jewell back in football but we'll have to wait and see.
Up the Foxes!!

I've got all the Barbie ones!!!

Yeah but you're old. Really old. Old. Old. Old. Old.

Post #: 47
RE: Jonson wont be pleased - 1/9/2007 3:30:45 PM   
JJ Holiday

Whoop! Whoop! Leyton Orient 0 Northampton Town 2

Hubertz and Doig, doing it for the kids. First win of the season here we come!

"Stay frosty"

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 48
RE: Jonson wont be pleased - 1/9/2007 5:01:45 PM   
JJ Holiday

It never happened.

"Stay frosty"

(in reply to JJ Holiday)
Post #: 49
RE: The Championship and worse thread 2007/08 - - 3/9/2007 7:22:51 AM   
jonson

quote:

ORIGINAL: JJ Holiday

It never happened.

It could have been worse, you could have conceded a third and lost!

A boring 0-0 draw for us this weekend, although considering the week we've had I'm very pleased.
Plymouth is usually the worst ground for us to go to.
We haven't won there since 1955 or something, and the last 2  consecutive seasons we've lost and then the manager has been sacked the following day.
This year the cynical among us we were looking at the fixture and joking that Martin Allen wouldn't be looking forward to it and then he gets the boot the week before anyway!

< Message edited by jonson -- 3/9/2007 7:23:59 AM >

(in reply to JJ Holiday)
Post #: 50
RE: Jonson wont be pleased - 3/9/2007 10:29:14 AM   
theram05

quote:

quote:

Why because I think they have paid over the odds?

Edit:  Sorry its because I have doubted Keane in this one post isn't it.

No because you jumped all over my post, yet too k it up completely wrongly.

Post #: 51
RE: The Championship and worse thread 2007/08 - - 3/9/2007 2:29:59 PM   
JJ Holiday

quote:

ORIGINAL: jonson

It could have been worse, you could have conceded a third and lost!

I'll take that optimism, and cling to it like it's Naomi Watts.

Now that Martin Allen is out of a job, I'd love to see him brought in and sort us out. However he probably has bigger fish to fry, and apparently Stuart Gray is the best manager we have ever had so there's nothing to panic about just yet. Probably.

"Stay frosty"

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 52
RE: The Championship and worse thread 2007/08 - - 3/9/2007 3:51:22 PM   
Starscream

Mandaric needs a yes man as manager and if that the case then Glenn Roeder is his man. Neil Warnock would clash with him

The allspark will be mine!

(in reply to JJ Holiday)
Post #: 53
RE: The Championship and worse thread 2007/08 - 13/9/2007 1:51:03 PM   
theram05

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/l/leicester_city/6987880.stm

Shudders

Post #: 54
RE: The Championship and worse thread 2007/08 - 14/9/2007 11:01:35 AM   
jonson

quote:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/l/leicester_city/6987880.stm

Shudders

Tell me about it.
Not my number 1 choice but it's Milan's trainset so he can play with it how he likes.
I'd still be a Leicester fan even if Dennis Wise was made the manager (just about) so I shall give him my full vocal commitment tomorrow afternoon against QPR, and the same again on Tuesday night against Forest in the Cup (if we win that I'll be ecstatic)
Looking forward to seeing some football instead of just reading about it.
Up the Foxes!

(in reply to theram05)
Post #: 55
RE: The Championship and worse thread 2007/08 - 14/9/2007 11:03:17 AM   
theram05

Any word on Clive lately Jonson?

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 56
RE: The Championship and worse thread 2007/08 - 14/9/2007 1:17:37 PM   
jonson

quote:

Any word on Clive lately Jonson?

No, I haven't read anything int he local paper as the stories are mainly about management issues.
The last thing I heard he was doing fine, our of hospital and hopefully, according to him, keen to get back on the football pitch.
I hope os for his sake, I knew very little about him to be honest but all the things I've read since, from other fans and players alike, are that he's a very decent bloke with a young baby, so fingers crossed his career will be back on track and he wont have any lasting damage.

(in reply to theram05)
Post #: 57
RE: The Championship and worse thread 2007/08 - 15/9/2007 8:15:08 PM   
Flatulent_Bob

Lucky to get the scoreline but overall I think we deserved the points.  I said at the start we have to give the new manager and players 10 games to settle and we are halfway through that now. I also said I thought we should get an average of 2 points from each game so we are still behind where I'd like us to be but there is a long way to go.

We got done on the break, again, but came back with two goals and an assist from Beattie.  Stead is looking like being a great signing coming off the bench but I'd still show Webber the door.

Onto Blackpool in the week.

I'm your huckleberry...

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 58
RE: The Championship and worse thread 2007/08 - 15/9/2007 8:53:07 PM   
Spider

Went to Gillingham today to see my team Brighton - we played shite and lost 1-0 against a poor poor side - why do we bother?!

Rudi Manchego's Simple Rustic Wisdom:
If you look at a pebble, you will see your own face

Howard Moon: Fusion Minstrel Vince Noir: Gothic Fairy. The Boosh is Loose and it's coming at you like a shark with knees!

Post #: 59
RE: The Championship and worse thread 2007/08 - 17/9/2007 10:52:36 AM   
jonson

quote:

Lucky to get the scoreline but overall I think we deserved the points.

Looked convincing to me Bob.
I love it when Wolves get beat. Another one of those "we're a big club, deserve to be in the Premiership" type teams.

I disappointing draw for Ginger Megson. We went 1-0 up then did what we have been doing for the past 2 season - sit back and defend.
Why oh why do they do it? The goal from them was inevitable (although it was a cracker to be fair) even thought QPR were pretty shit all game.
On to Forest tomorrow night now. I'll be like a dog with 2 dicks if we win that one.
Up the Foxes!

(in reply to Spider)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: The Championship and worse thread 2007/08 Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI