Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: The Championship and worse thread 2009/2010!!!!!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: The Championship and worse thread 2009/2010!!!!! Page: <<   < prev  138 139 [140] 141 142   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The Championship and worse thread 2009/2010!!!!! - 16/3/2013 12:35:55 PM   
Goodfella

quote:

ORIGINAL: jonson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Goodfella

Pearson has never especially struck me as much of a tactician and I'm not sure what will happen if you don't get promoted this season. Will they come calling him for a third year?

Sorry mate, late reply.
I don't think Pearson will last if we don't get promtion this season. I agree, his tactics can be baffling at times. A great example was Tuesday night. I would have taken a point at Cardiff, and we mullered them second half (to be fair, they are on a wobble like us) and deservedly went 1-0 up.
With 3 minutes to go, with us defending a corner, he brings on Jamie Vardy. Now, I like his enthusiasm, but the fact he was a non-league player this time last year is blatantly obvious.
So while I can't blame him specifically for conceding a late goal, he did lose the ball up field in the 91st minute, which is criminal. Bad decision by Pearson to stick on a player who has difficulty holding the ball up front. I feel he needs to justuify paying 1million for the lad, but the reality is the Championship is a league too much for him, for now at least.
Basically, we threw away 3 points on Tuesday, and it hurt real bad.

We've got the sheepshaggers tonight, on the TV, so no-one will be watching that one.
I've said it a million times, I would rather beat Derby than Forest, so as well as desparately needing 3 points to try and halt the slide (more of a fall than a slide) a win against the Derby scum will give the fans and players a real boost. For the first time this season, I have been looking how the teams below us are doing, instead of the teams above us.
Worrying times.

Up the Foxes.

No worries mate, I know it's tough at the top! Yeah it really did sound like you blew it midweek because judging by all the reports you were really on top of Cardiff and after a couple of duff performances it sounded like they were there for the taking a bit, although I still think they'll get promoted as champions, we had a bit of a rough patch this time last year in League One resulting in all the 'bottlejob' remarks and whatnot but I think they won't let it slip in these last nine games or so, you cannot play to the highest level for all 46 games, it's a near impossibility and your going to lose some, it's how you respond to that poor run as a team that has the making of your season and I expect Cardiff to do the same as us last season. As for 2nd spot, I think your still in it but I honestly wouldn't lay money down on anyone right there, Forest could make a mad late dash for it given the way they've been playing!

I always thought Derby were naturally more your rivals anyway, one of my best mates at uni, her ex-fella was a Leicester supporter and whilst he liked to rip it out of Forest from time to time his real hatred lay with Derby, funnily enough her hometown. Maybe that's why it didn't last. That and the 9 times he cheated on her anyway...

It's absolutely bouncing inside the Valley, I'm going to reply to your other thread about Saturdays in a minute jonson but this is what it's all about, oh, I'd give anything to be there right now. Screw the overpaid, primma donnas, been-to-one-game-in-my-existence league, it's all about these ferocious, tight, scrappy Football League battles!

They're singing the Jeremy Kyle song to the Millwall supporters now, oh how I wish I was there even more! COME ON YOU REDS!!!!!!!!!!!!

"It is the Shawshank Redemption! Just with more tunneling through shit and less fucking redemption."

If you can quote the rules, then you can obey them.

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 4171
RE: The Championship and worse thread 2009/2010!!!!! - 16/3/2013 12:36:43 PM   
Goodfella

quote:

quote:

quote:

Pearson has never especially struck me as much of a tactician and I'm not sure what will happen if you don't get promoted this season. Will they come calling him for a third year?
quote:

Sorry mate, late reply.
I don't think Pearson will last if we don't get promtion this season. I agree, his tactics can be baffling at times. A great example was Tuesday night. I would have taken a point at Cardiff, and we mullered them second half (to be fair, they are on a wobble like us) and deservedly went 1-0 up.
With 3 minutes to go, with us defending a corner, he brings on Jamie Vardy. Now, I like his enthusiasm, but the fact he was a non-league player this time last year is blatantly obvious.
So while I can't blame him specifically for conceding a late goal, he did lose the ball up field in the 91st minute, which is criminal. Bad decision by Pearson to stick on a player who has difficulty holding the ball up front. I feel he needs to justuify paying 1million for the lad, but the reality is the Championship is a league too much for him, for now at least.

We've got the sheepshaggers tonight, on the TV, so no-one will be watching that one.
I've said it a million times, I would rather beat Derby than Forest, so as well as desparately needing 3 points to try and halt the slide (more of a fall than a slide) a win against the Derby scum will give the fans and players a real boost. For the first time this season, I have been looking how the teams below us are doing, instead of the teams above us.
Worrying times.

Up the Foxes.

No worries mate, I know it's tough at the top! Yeah it really did sound like you blew it midweek because judging by all the reports you were really on top of Cardiff and after a couple of duff performances it sounded like they were there for the taking a bit, although I still think they'll get promoted as champions, we had a bit of a rough patch this time last year in League One resulting in all the 'bottlejob' remarks and whatnot but I think they won't let it slip in these last nine games or so, you cannot play to the highest level for all 46 games, it's a near impossibility and your going to lose some, it's how you respond to that poor run as a team that has the making of your season and I expect Cardiff to do the same as us last season. As for 2nd spot, I think your still in it but I honestly wouldn't lay money down on anyone right there, Forest could make a mad late dash for it given the way they've been playing!

I always thought Derby were naturally more your rivals anyway, one of my best mates at uni, her ex-fella was a Leicester supporter and whilst he liked to rip it out of Forest from time to time his real hatred lay with Derby, funnily enough her hometown. Maybe that's why it didn't last. That and the 9 times he cheated on her anyway...

It's absolutely bouncing inside the Valley, I'm going to reply to your other thread about Saturdays in a minute jonson but this is what it's all about, oh, I'd give anything to be there right now. Screw the overpaid, primma donnas, been-to-one-game-in-my-existence league where most of the fans don't even support a team from their home county, let alone town, it's all about these ferocious, tight, scrappy Football League battles!

They're singing the Jeremy Kyle song to the Millwall supporters now, oh how I wish I was there even more! COME ON YOU REDS!!!!!!!!!!!!

< Message edited by Goodfella -- 16/3/2013 12:37:33 PM >

"It is the Shawshank Redemption! Just with more tunneling through shit and less fucking redemption."

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 4172
RE: The Championship and worse thread 2009/2010!!!!! - 16/3/2013 12:39:38 PM   
Goodfella

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Sorry mate, late reply.

Worrying times.

Up the Foxes.

It's absolutely bouncing inside the Valley, I'm going to reply to your other thread about Saturdays in a minute jonson but this is what it's all about, oh, I'd give anything to be there right now. Screw the overpaid, primma donnas, been-to-one-game-in-my-existence league where most of the fans don't even support a team from their home county, let alone town, it's all about these ferocious, tight, scrappy Football League battles!

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 4173
RE: The Championship and worse thread 2009/2010!!!!! - 16/3/2013 12:40:10 PM   
Goodfella

Dunno what's going on with the quotes there but I'm far too hooked into this right now to sort it out, sorry!

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 4174
RE: The Championship and worse thread 2009/2010!!!!! - 16/3/2013 1:53:42 PM   
Goodfella

Been knocking on the door ALL GAME, chance after chance after chance, they bring a sub on and he scores with his first touch! That is just typical of us at home this season, you just knew it was coming the way we'd been dominating, this is not fair on the fans whatsoever, we have to go hell for leather in the first half because if we lose this we might as well just close the book on the season.

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 4175
RE: The Championship and worse thread 2009/2010!!!!! - 16/3/2013 2:01:35 PM   
Goodfella

Speechless.

Answer - take a midfielder off, put one. Take a striker off, put one on.

I'm trying to sink as many beers as I can in this final 15 minutes.

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 4176
RE: The Championship and worse thread 2009/2010!!!!! - 16/3/2013 3:28:54 PM   
Goodfella

Well that just about sums up our season at home, again it's the same old story. For 60 minutes effectively we control the game, but we're not creating clear cut chances. It's a set-piece here, half a chance there, a ball bouncing around in the six-yard box with no-one getting a full connection on it. It's one-dimensional and it's been our problem all season at the Valley, away we stifle teams out and hit them on the counter and take our chances, at home we do the exact opposite! Today I have one beef with Powell and that's his subs, man for man was not going to change anything going into the final 20 minutes 2-0 down at home, we clearly needed someone to hold the ball up up front so we should have thrown Obika out and pushed him inside Fuller and Kermit but hindsight is an easy thing, he was right to take Wilson off, he missed our best chance from a few yards out and he's a lightweight, he doesn't cut it consistently at this level and we'll be clearing house in the summer because there's a few others, especially in midfield, who don't either. The second goal was an absolute beauty by all accounts, a 35-yard free kick, but it's not the set-piece I have the issue with it it's the fact that after conceding the first, despite being at home and being urged to show some fight, we stood around like statues, got caught out again and forced to concede the free-kick, we are lacking so much confidence and self-belief but the players only have themselves to blame for that, blaming luck is long since out of the question. Funnily enough, despite conceding two goals, our defense has been the best thing about this season which is why the captain's armband needs to go back there with Michael Morrison or Rhoys Wiggins, not with Johnnie Jackson who was quiet today and get's lost in his own game, let alone trying to lead everyone else.

But in derbies we have been poor for some time, even when we beat Palace 1-0 in 2009 we labored through it, derbies have never been what this football club has been about and we've always had a problem even getting the players to understand what some of it means to the supporters, I remember Matt Spring's comments after we beat Palace 1-0 in our last victory, he had no idea what his goal meant to half the North Stand. He seemed really taken aback and quite touched by it, but that alone says an awful lot. Mind you that's the club we've built and I like it that way for many reasons, but today is a real bitter pill to swallow because ourselves and Millwall have always shared some really great encounters, and today we haven't really turned up for the fight and there's that deja vu feeling from when they smashed us 4-0 at the Den and I suspect had today been the reverse fixture the scoreline would have been similar.

Powell's post-match press conference was tame, it would have been nice for him to him to maybe say sorry to the supporters, I don't blame him for today, he's accountable to a degree, but it's nothing new where derbies of late are concerned for us, but even still he should know that better than anyone. Powell is the type of guy though who will brave a smile at the cameras and offer a defensive word for the players, behind the changing room door though I believe, and wholeheartedly hope, that he's told them exactly what the rest of us think of them right now.

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 4177
RE: The Championship and worse thread 2009/2010!!!!! - 17/3/2013 2:02:22 PM   
Goodfella

Autos under Ollie they said.

2nd place on Sunday at Brighton of all places they said.

Derby kings they said.

Ha. Ha.

Who's laughing now Palace?

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 4178
RE: The Championship and worse thread 2009/2010!!!!! - 19/3/2013 11:41:51 AM   
erasheha1985

Michael Appleton sacked by Blackburn already? amazing.

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 4179
RE: The Championship and worse thread 2009/2010!!!!! - 19/3/2013 2:27:30 PM   
Qwerty Norris

quote:

ORIGINAL: erasheha1985

And they thought their troubles were over after Kean's removal?

Qwerty's Top 10 of 2013 (so far)

1. Zero Dark Thirty
2. No
3. A Hijacking
4. Behind the Candelabra
5. In The Fog
6. Good Vibrations
7. McCullin
8. Beyond the Hills
9. The Place Beyond the Pines
10. Wreck-it Ralph

(in reply to erasheha1985)
Post #: 4180
RE: The Championship and worse thread 2009/2010!!!!! - 19/3/2013 2:39:52 PM   
directorscut

They're like the Chelsea of failure.

Member of the TMNT 1000 Club.

(in reply to Qwerty Norris)
Post #: 4181
RE: The Championship and worse thread 2009/2010!!!!! - 19/3/2013 2:41:29 PM   
Goodfella

quote:

That really is madness, I don't know what the owners expected when he took over, they've done no better but no worse equally.

Mind you it's a bit of poetic justice where Appleton's concerned because he has jumped from job to job like he life's depended on it and he'd just started to settle the Blackpool squad when he took off and if you listen to the interview with their then-assistant Steve Thompson you can tell he really dropped them in it so this might teach him a bit of a lesson.

No wonder Blackburn fans are pig sick of all this.

(in reply to erasheha1985)
Post #: 4182
RE: The Championship and worse thread 2009/2010!!!!! - 19/3/2013 4:04:41 PM   
superdan

Thank fuck for Venky's. Those crazy bastards are the only thing that can make our club look halfway normal and responsible.

Four managers in one season. So far. Unbelievable.

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 4183
RE: The Championship and worse thread 2009/2010!!!!! - 19/3/2013 4:25:14 PM   
Professor Moriarty

quote:

quote:

That really is madness, I don't know what the owners expected when he took over, they've done no better but no worse equally.

Mind you it's a bit of poetic justice where Appleton's concerned because he has jumped from job to job like he life's depended on it and he'd just started to settle the Blackpool squad when he took off and if you listen to the interview with their then-assistant Steve Thompson you can tell he really dropped them in it so this might teach him a bit of a lesson.

I don't know about Appleton taking over, but when they took over they expected they could buy Ronaldinho, there was no relegation from the PL, they could sack the manager but not Kean, Blackburn was a PL-winning club on a par with Manchester Utd and they would be playing CL football by now.

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 4184
RE: The Championship and worse thread 2009/2010!!!!! - 19/3/2013 4:49:10 PM   
Goodfella

quote:

ORIGINAL: Professor Moriarty

quote:

quote:

I don't know about Appleton taking over, but when they took over they expected they could buy Ronaldinho, there was no relegation from the PL, they could sack the manager but not Kean, Blackburn was a PL-winning club on a par with Manchester Utd and they would be playing CL football by now.

This is true, this is very, very true. They are about as intelligent, it seems, as the chickens they're other business serves up.

(in reply to Professor Moriarty)
Post #: 4185
RE: The Championship and worse thread 2009/2010!!!!! - 20/3/2013 3:30:29 AM   
Qwerty Norris

quote:

ORIGINAL: superdan

Thank fuck for Venky's. Those crazy bastards are the only thing that can make our club look halfway normal and responsible.

Four managers in one season. So far. Unbelievable.

Indeed. I think only Palermo have had a more extreme reign of insanity in this current European season. They make Venkys look like shrewd businessmen in comparison.

Qwerty's Top 10 of 2013 (so far)

1. Zero Dark Thirty
2. No
3. A Hijacking
4. Behind the Candelabra
5. In The Fog
6. Good Vibrations
7. McCullin
8. Beyond the Hills
9. The Place Beyond the Pines
10. Wreck-it Ralph

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 4186
RE: The Championship and worse thread 2009/2010!!!!! - 20/3/2013 1:42:07 PM   
Professor Moriarty

I've kind of thought for a while that a team should only be able to get rid of one manager and hire another in the transfer windows. So the rest of the time they have to make do with their "squad". Fine if you want the 1st team coach to step up while the manager is on "gardening leave" do that, but let's try to end this knee-jerk merry-go-round.

(in reply to Qwerty Norris)
Post #: 4187
RE: The Championship and worse thread 2009/2010!!!!! - 30/3/2013 3:28:20 PM   
Goodfella

Dreadful. Sounds like we're lucky not to be about 4-0 down. Two weeks off and this is the end result? We are absolutely hapless at home, it's gone beyond a joke now.

Can't wait to see the explanation in an hour and a half as we are fresh out of excuses now....

(in reply to Professor Moriarty)
Post #: 4188
RE: The Championship and worse thread 2009/2010!!!!! - 30/3/2013 3:46:18 PM   
Goodfella

The line-up is laughable, Powell surely can't think that is going to get us a desperately-needed three points at home. Dorian Dervite and Andy Hughes in midfield at home, along with Johnnie Jackson!? Two tall, powerful and physical strikers up front with two defensive mids sitting behind them, it must have crossed Powell's vision at some point and he must have noticed that Dervite doesn't fucking move, and Hughes hasn't kicked a football for us in nearly seven and a half months, if Mark Gower who has the championship experience isn't fully fit enough to start, then how on earth is Hughes!? He only started a handful of games for us last season!

Sorry I'm the last person in the world who wants to see Powell lose his job but if we lose this he has to take the blame because that line-up is woeful, it also screams to the opposition that we are not confident enough at home to be attacking in our play, I don't expect three up front but I do expect a team that can use their home advantage to put pressure under the visitors in the final third, at the moment even with Jackson's well-taken response, we can't keep the ball in the Bolton half for long enough and one more for them will totally kill this game off.

Coming off the back of the international break after the humiliation we suffered against Millwall the first 20 minutes really summed it up, we couldn't get near the ball, let alone get hold of it and we've been absolutely ransacked. We can't play football, let alone win, at home.

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 4189
RE: The Championship and worse thread 2009/2010!!!!! - 30/3/2013 4:29:45 PM   
Goodfella

Dorian, is that you....

Charlton, is that you.....

Yann, well I fucking know that's you!

How, why, I don't bloody well care! Just hold onto it boys, pleaaaasssssssssseeeeeeeeeeeeee!!

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 4190
RE: The Championship and worse thread 2009/2010!!!!! - 30/3/2013 4:59:50 PM   
superdan

3 more points? That's two wins in a row now. If Saunders isn't careful he might end up finishing a season in the same division.

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 4191
RE: The Championship and worse thread 2009/2010!!!!! - 30/3/2013 11:26:43 PM   
Goodfella

quote:

3 more points? That's two wins in a row now. If Saunders isn't careful he might end up finishing a season in the same division.

Is it true that he took on a spot of ball-boy coaching today?

Still getting over our result, boy did we need that, especially with the way the other results below us went. A win. At Home. On a Saturday afternoon. The clocks are going forward tonight, the religious-types believe the Lord's son is returning to us on Monday. A giant bunny visits children in the morning and brings them eggs made of chocolate. The world is doollaly as far as I'm concerned, perhaps it all does make perfect sense.

Today reminded me of the 5-4 shocker over Cardiff at the Valley back in October, we were totally outplayed in the first quarter and then battled back to end up finishing outright footballing winners, some warrior-like performances today, especially from Johnnie Jackson who really stood up as a leader when we needed him and the front two, Fuller and Kermit, were excellent. It does sound like the sending offs were a little harsh so I feel for a bit for the Bolton fans who have made the long trip this Easter weekend (Dirty Dougie can fuck off though) but we've had more than our fair share of crap decisions this season though so that's sometimes the way it goes, and it did sound like the pendulum was swinging our way anyway after we made it 2-1 so we seemed worthy winners in the end.

I hope we show that kind of character in our last seven games, gave the fans something to really cheer about today, exciting, entertaining football with passion and desire, we've been lacking that of late and if we could eradicate the first 20 minutes and put in a total display we could run out some impressive results at the business end of the season.

Have Leeds sacked Warnock yet, he must be on his way now surely?

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 4192
RE: The Championship and worse thread 2009/2010!!!!! - 31/3/2013 6:17:17 PM   
Flatulent_Bob

Why sack him and pay him off?

They aren't going to make the playoffs, and he's gone in the summer anyway.

I'm your huckleberry...

All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Oh my God! They banned Kenny!

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 4193
RE: The Championship and worse thread 2009/2010!!!!! - 31/3/2013 9:54:58 PM   
Goodfella

quote:

ORIGINAL: Flatulent_Bob

Why sack him and pay him off?

They aren't going to make the playoffs, and he's gone in the summer anyway.

I think you missed my point Bob.....

This is Ken Bates we're talking about, don't try and bring logic into it!

(in reply to Flatulent_Bob)
Post #: 4194
RE: The Championship and worse thread 2009/2010!!!!! - 1/4/2013 4:56:46 PM   
Goodfella

Fuck me, we finally win a game at home on Saturday and today every result has gone against us, leaving us teetering three points above the drop-zone. Need to get at least a point tomorrow night at Brighton, and ideally three against Leeds on Saturday.

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 4195
RE: The Championship and worse thread 2009/2010!!!!! - 1/4/2013 7:35:01 PM   
superdan

3 on the bounce now, 4 wins in 5. Where was all this for the previous 4 months (not that I'm complaining, like)? This division is crazy though. We're now 3 points from both 13th and 23rd

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 4196
RE: The Championship and worse thread 2009/2010!!!!! - 1/4/2013 7:59:42 PM   
Goodfella

quote:

3 on the bounce now, 4 wins in 5. Where was all this for the previous 4 months (not that I'm complaining, like)? This division is crazy though. We're now 3 points from both 13th and 23rd

This is why the championship has a name for itself, Dean Saunders is doing a very good job and maybe his experience in English football is starting to pay off, given where you were you must be delighted, especially with the calibre of teams you've played in the last six weeks or so like Watford and Nottingham Forest.

That Bristol City equalizer was big for us, went some way to easing my hyper-ventilating at 5pm tonight, given where we were coming into the New Year it's incredibly frustrating to be sucked into it but after going into holiday mode the way we did we have no-one to blame but ourselves and it's very important now we get at least a point tomorrow, as superdan rightly says, it's a tighter than a nun's.....well, y'know down here and even a win tomorrow would list us as high as eleventh, but we'd still only be six points clear of the relegation zone. Mad!

The odds on Neil Warnock and Nigel Pearson being shown the door by the end of May by their respective clubs must be pretty low right now!

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 4197
RE: The Championship and worse thread 2009/2010!!!!! - 1/4/2013 8:28:48 PM   
superdan

quote:

quote:

This is why the championship has a name for itself, Dean Saunders is doing a very good job and maybe his experience in English football is starting to pay off, given where you were you must be delighted, especially with the calibre of teams you've played in the last six weeks or so like Watford and Nottingham Forest.

I'm not getting too excited yet. We are still perilously close to the drop, and with Ebanks-Blake getting taken out of the game by that thuggish animal cunt Paul Robinson today we may be without our top scorer for much if not all of the run-in (to go with Sako, Ikeme, Edwards, Boukari etc etc). Plus, the last few games don't disguise the fact that it took Saunders 2 months to get a win and many of the performances under him have been absolutely dreadful (even our last two wins were apparently somewhat fortuitous since both Boro and the blue filth deserved something from the match).

We shall see, we at least are heading in the right direction just now and some players (Hunt, Doyle) seem to have found their touch at the right time.

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 4198
RE: The Championship and worse thread 2009/2010!!!!! - 1/4/2013 8:43:36 PM   
Goodfella

quote:

quote:

quote:

I'm not getting too excited yet. We are still perilously close to the drop, and with Ebanks-Blake getting taken out of the game by that thuggish animal cunt Paul Robinson today we may be without our top scorer for much if not all of the run-in (to go with Sako, Ikeme, Edwards, Boukari etc etc). Plus, the last few games don't disguise the fact that it took Saunders 2 months to get a win and many of the performances under him have been absolutely dreadful (even our last two wins were apparently somewhat fortuitous since both Boro and the blue filth deserved something from the match).

We shall see, we at least are heading in the right direction just now and some players (Hunt, Doyle) seem to have found their touch at the right time.

He is getting you there though, we traded managers twice when in your position in this league after we dropped out of the Premiership and we were all but dead by Easter weekend, I think he's a good manager keen to establish him at this level and if he can keep you up he's then got a platform to go and build on, sod how some of the results come as well, it's all about taking your chances and if you need to stick eleven men behind the ball after doing that then that's the route you go down. Given the way this league has played out over the last few years there's no room for sentiment when you get to the business end of the year, dig in deep and give it everything, that was how we played on Saturday after the opening half an hour and that's how we need to play tomorrow night.

Brighton are a very good footballing team but with that comes the option that can also be beatable, they are a classy bunch but sometimes leave themselves open at the back because of this, we have very good form on the road and have played well against teams of Brighton's standard this season. It'll be a tough one but we're capable of getting a result down there, taking a sell-out crowd of 2,000-odd fans will help too.

< Message edited by Goodfella -- 1/4/2013 9:26:46 PM >

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 4199
RE: The Championship and worse thread 2009/2010!!!!! - 1/4/2013 9:23:42 PM   
Goodfella

Warnock has parted company with Leeds this evening then so Bob, I was right in my call, he has left before the end of the season.

Leeds next game is against us at the Valley on Saturday by which time they hopefully haven't appointed a new manager. Roberto Di Matteo, Owen Coyle and Brian McDermott the early names in contention.

< Message edited by Goodfella -- 1/4/2013 9:24:35 PM >

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 4200
Page:   <<   < prev  138 139 [140] 141 142   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: The Championship and worse thread 2009/2010!!!!! Page: <<   < prev  138 139 [140] 141 142   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI