Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: The Championship and worse thread 2009/2010!!!!!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: The Championship and worse thread 2009/2010!!!!! Page: <<   < prev  137 138 [139] 140 141   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The Championship and worse thread 2009/2010!!!!! - 23/2/2013 4:22:07 PM   
Goodfella

I'm the first to call out our players when I feel they're not putting in the effort and underperforming but this is sounding more and more like a truly garbage referee today, sounds like he can't make half his own decisions! Referees need to be made accountable in my view, everyone else on the football field, and in the stands for that matter, is, so why not referees? This steel blanket their wrapped in by FA is just a joke these days.

"It is the Shawshank Redemption! Just with more tunneling through shit and less fucking redemption."

If you can quote the rules, then you can obey them.

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 4141
RE: The Championship and worse thread 2009/2010!!!!! - 24/2/2013 12:41:23 PM   
Goodfella

I'm sorry but I don't think it's a sending off yesterday. Yes it's pretty silly from Kermit but it can look like he's still trying to go after the ball and I've seen a lot worse in all leagues that have landed nothing more than a yellow card, given the referee had to consult his linesman on the other side of the pitch to make his decision, and he wasn't even in a direct line with the play. It's quite a harsh call in my view and I'd be intrigued to see whether we'll get those away from home in the future given the lumps Kermit gets kicked out of him when we're on the road and I never see so much as a flag waved from the other officials.

Putting that aside though, it's another woeful home performance. There all over us from the start, we don't even register a shot on target until the second half and we're completely uncreative, even before Kermit's sending off, it's easy to blame the fact we were down to 10 men but the facts are that Forest were in control from the kick-off and we cannot afford to play like this at home, we have to find a way of playing better football and asserting ourselves as the home side. At the moment it's when we play in black that we look far more comfortable. Yes, this is a topsy-turvy league where anyone can beat anyone on their day and Forest are a strong, promotion-chasing side but we shouldn't just be sitting down for these kind of teams, especially at home, the way we have been.

Fans are starting to get frustrated again and back-to-back wins would have really boosted the confidence, we've blown that now and I think now it's absolutely imperative that we beat Burnley at home next weekend, perhaps more so simple for the fact that it as at home. Ben Hamer has received more criticism after another sloppy performance yesterday but I still think he's a very good goalkeeper and he's a young man who needs the backing of both his team-mates and his manager frankly, rather than everyone circling around him like vultures and screaming for David Button, who has had more loan spells than any other player I think whilst he was at Spurs! I hope Hamer stays between the sticks next week and if Powell is going to be reactionary then perhaps he should bring back in Matt Taylor who at least I can say would have probably done a lot better with the cross for Majweksi's goal because the defending there was absolutely terrible. I will say, the pitch, again, looked abysmal. That's been the case since the big freeze but I don't see other pitches in the championship looking like this and we have a state-of-the-art 27,000 seater-stadium, this is not exactly Ashton Gate (no offense Bristol City!). So I would be having a word with the groundsman although if I'm cynical I suspect this is Michael Slater wanting to save money again and being stingy with the undersoil heating, well I would like to know where a lot of the money is that this football club was promised, I'm not expecting us to be a Leicester or a Cardiff, far from it, but the takeover was supposed to at least produce funds for this kind of thing and I haven't seen much of it really. We won a league title last season too so that brought some more money to the club as well, in these adverse weather conditions of lately, they could at least turn the fucking heating on!

"It is the Shawshank Redemption! Just with more tunneling through shit and less fucking redemption."

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 4142
RE: The Championship and worse thread 2009/2010!!!!! - 25/2/2013 2:16:56 PM   
superdan

12 games without a win. 2 points above bottom-of-the-table Peterborough, who have 2 games in hand. And our next 3 games are against Watford, Millwall and Forest. League 1 here we come.

It's weird to think that less than 2 years ago we beat Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea, Spurs and Liverpool in the same season

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 4143
RE: The Championship and worse thread 2009/2010!!!!! - 25/2/2013 4:44:07 PM   
Goodfella

quote:

12 games without a win. 2 points above bottom-of-the-table Peterborough, who have 2 games in hand. And our next 3 games are against Watford, Millwall and Forest. League 1 here we come.

It's weird to think that less than 2 years ago we beat Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea, Spurs and Liverpool in the same season

Call me crazy but I still think you'll stay up. Looking at your forthcoming mates versus those of your opponents and given your superior goal difference I think you'll go on a decent run now and pull yourselves out of it, for me it's one of the four above you joining Bristol City and Peterborough in League One next season.

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 4144
RE: The Championship and worse thread 2009/2010!!!!! - 27/2/2013 7:57:02 AM   
jonson

quote:

ORIGINAL: superdan

I can't believe how quickly you've tumbled down the table to be honest. I don't think you'll go down at all, but I think it just shows what a mixed bag this season is in the Championship.

Well thank fuck we won one of our games in hand, and got this little crisis of 4 games without a win out of the way. We actually played ok last night. I think Schmeichel had 1 save to make (and it was, ahem, if I can use the overused phrase "world class", but it was a stunning save) but other than that, Blackburn were shit, proper shit. I felt sorry for Danny Murphy. He spent most of the game looking skywards at how far his career has slumped and the mediocre shit he now has to play with.
Fair play to the 6-700 Blackburn fasn who braved the cold and raised the roof off the KP stadium when they got their first corner.

Good result, if we beat Ipswich on Saturday and dirty Leeds next Tuesday and we're back sniffing that second spot.
Up the Foxes.

< Message edited by jonson -- 27/2/2013 7:58:28 AM >

I've got all the Barbie ones!!!

Yeah but you're old. Really old. Old. Old. Old. Old.

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 4145
RE: The Championship and worse thread 2009/2010!!!!! - 27/2/2013 1:56:57 PM   
superdan

quote:

ORIGINAL: jonson

quote:

I can't believe how quickly you've tumbled down the table to be honest. I don't think you'll go down at all, but I think it just shows what a mixed bag this season is in the Championship.

Yeah, it's unusual that all the relegated teams have struggled to one degree or another. Thing is, I'm getting more convinced with every passing week that we are doomed for the drop. The team relies too heavily on players who are shorn of confidence or just plain shite, the manager is out of his depth and the board are fucking clueless. The only bright sparks this season have been the keeper, the players who came in during the summer (Sako, Sig, Doumbia) and the younger players (Davis, Batth), and the guy who brought them into the team and got them all playing regularly gets fucking sacked after 17 games!

We've all seen teams drop like a stone through the divisions too many times for me to feel any of that 'too good to go down' stuff. I can only see things getting worse tbh.

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 4146
RE: The Championship and worse thread 2009/2010!!!!! - 27/2/2013 5:55:54 PM   
Goodfella

quote:

I felt sorry for Danny Murphy. He spent most of the game looking skywards at how far his career has slumped and the mediocre shit he now has to play with.

Yeah, boo-hoo. Wonder how many film premieres his wife gets invited to in Hollywood's little brother, Blackburn Town.

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 4147
RE: The Championship and worse thread 2009/2010!!!!! - 28/2/2013 6:30:00 PM   
Goodfella

Millwall sold out their allocation for their game against us at the Valley in a few weeks time so that should all end nicely.

I can't get a ticket for it because I haven't been to an more than two home games on my membership this season so that's nice too. The 9 years as a season-ticket holder, which they can still reference, counts for nothing not to mention the countless trips away I've made, on my membership.

Undoubtedly Millwall fans will end up in the home end as they always do, they could make every fan have a tattoo over their heart depicting the Charlton sword to get into the game and you'd still have some of their scummy lot ending up in the home end, only this time given what's gone with us lately it won't just be the throwing of some bottles and bits and bobs, and if I remember rightly from last time, someone's crutch, it'll get violent, the police will weigh in with little to no direction or sensitivity for anyone's personal circumstances and it wouldn't surprise me if there's a mass brawl like there was at the Den.

For all my loyal support though and as a proper, decent football supporter I won't be there because, apparently, this is the only way to tackle the problem.

I'll look forward to the newspaper reports.

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 4148
RE: The Championship and worse thread 2009/2010!!!!! - 1/3/2013 7:53:23 AM   
jonson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Goodfella

quote:

I felt sorry for Danny Murphy. He spent most of the game looking skywards at how far his career has slumped and the mediocre shit he now has to play with.

Yeah, boo-hoo. Wonder how many film premieres his wife gets invited to in Hollywood's little brother, Blackburn Town.

Ouch! Are you bitter about Danny Murphy for some reason?

Ipswich away tomorrow. We never win there, so a point would be a bonus.

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 4149
RE: The Championship and worse thread 2009/2010!!!!! - 1/3/2013 3:06:11 PM   
Goodfella

quote:

quote:

quote:

Ouch! Are you bitter about Danny Murphy for some reason?

Ipswich away tomorrow. We never win there, so a point would be a bonus.

No, not at all. I just hate the cunt.

He brought disarray to our dressing room towards the end of his time with us and his series of moves involving us and Spurs quickly backfired on him anyway which I took great pleasure in.

Burnley at home tomorrow. We need another couple of wins to assure our safety and we need three points at home and a performance to boost the confidence of both the team and the fans. We need to be the aggressors on our own turf and ditch the negative style that has played to our opponents strength, like it did last weekend against Forest, we played right into their hands and were lucky it was only 2-0. We should start Obika tomorrow, not a lot to lose at this stage and I don't think Fuller's completely healthy so give the young lad a chance to show us and his parent club what he can do up front alongside Danny Haynes who has well and truly earned his shot at 90 minutes now.

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 4150
RE: The Championship and worse thread 2009/2010!!!!! - 1/3/2013 11:11:21 PM   
Goodfella

My heart does go out to Superdan a little tonight, I like Dean Saunders but that I-don't-know-whether-to-laugh-or-cry post-match talk about "it being St David's Day and we might get a bit of luck but then I found out their keeper is Welsh too" would have had me reaching for the tissues if I was a Wolves fan, or the noose....

That kind of thing reminded me of Parkinson and Pardew. I know he's not being that serious, but maybe it's the time to get fucking serious all the time!

< Message edited by Goodfella -- 5/3/2013 8:01:14 PM >

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 4151
RE: The Championship and worse thread 2009/2010!!!!! - 2/3/2013 9:09:59 AM   
jonson

Aaah, shit I missed the post match interview, that's hilarious.
Must admit I watched the last 10 minutes, obviously not wanting Watford to win, but I was jumping round the living room when Wolves equalised.
Saunders will get them out of the shit. No club is too big to go down, as long as they get in their heads, but they should have enough quality to stay up
We can do them a favour today by stuffing Ipswich.
Hopefully........
Up the Foxes.

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 4152
RE: The Championship and worse thread 2009/2010!!!!! - 3/3/2013 2:40:07 PM   
Goodfella

Powell is a good manager, with the money he's spent at the time he's been at the club and what he's achieved I for one am very happy, and he's still gaining experience as he goes along but he cannot expect the fans to swallow some of the tripe he offered up in the press conference yesterday. Again, it was another disappointing home performance in a game that was, yes, settled by a wonder goal but given we had 11 corners and the better of possession we could only force 5 shots on target then it doesn't matter if it's settled by a magic trick, it's the same outcome, we're again left standing with our hands on our hips after 180 minutes of home football in the space of 8 days when we haven't scored a goal. Dropping Ben Hamer, a really reactionary decision, made a shed-load of difference as well didn't it, Dorian Dervite and Bradley Prtichard meanwhile somehow managed to keep their places in the team and were again poor, especially Pritchard who played like a lost sheep. We started three strikers, all of which are natural center-forwards and can't play off each other and with an average height of 6"2 we again didn't play a natural winger who can deliver a cross on the run, Jackson is good from set-pieces but in open play he often doesn't even beat the first man.

Tactics that, to be honest, reminded me of playing Pro Evo with your mates after a few beers, a lot of huff and puff but no real breaking down and an absolutely diabolical miss from Michael Morrison that is so inexcusable Powell lost some friends by refusing to address it as a missed open goal in his interviews.

I blame Powell to a degree, that didn't work yesterday, but I blame the players more. They've switched off again, we got ourselves out of League One and now we're back to this lifestyle of hitting 40 points and then going on holiday. Home defeat in our next match at the Valley to Millwall is going to leave no hiding place for anyone.

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 4153
RE: The Championship and worse thread 2009/2010!!!!! - 5/3/2013 12:11:44 PM   
superdan

quote:

My heart does go out to Superdan a little tonight, I like Dean Saunders but that I-don't-know-whether-to-laugh-or-cry post-match talk about "it being St David's Day and we might get a bit of luck but then I found out there keeper is Welsh too" would have had me reaching for the tissues if I was a Wolves fan, or the noose....

That kind of thing reminded me of Parkinson and Pardew. I know he's not being that serious, but maybe it's the time to get fucking serious all the time!

Saunders is the new TC - a nice guy hopelessly out of his depth. It was a good result in the end, but Watford played us off the park for 75 minutes. Henry was garbage, Doyle did his usual headless chicken routine and why Saunders stuck our most effective player Sako on the right to accommodate the hapless Hunt for the majority of the game I'll never know. As soon as those players came off we looked in better shape, but given Saunders seems incapable of deciding what his starting 11 should be I'm not sure he'll have learnt any lessons.

I would love to believe what you and jonson have said about us staying up, but I the way we are playing at the moment I just can't see it. 13 games without a win is relegation form, simple as that. It's like last season all over again

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 4154
RE: The Championship and worse thread 2009/2010!!!!! - 5/3/2013 8:02:57 PM   
Goodfella

quote:

quote:

My heart does go out to Superdan a little tonight, I like Dean Saunders but that I-don't-know-whether-to-laugh-or-cry post-match talk about "it being St David's Day and we might get a bit of luck but then I found out there keeper is Welsh too" would have had me reaching for the tissues if I was a Wolves fan, or the noose....

Saunders is the new TC - a nice guy hopelessly out of his depth. It was a good result in the end, but Watford played us off the park for 75 minutes. Henry was garbage, Doyle did his usual headless chicken routine and why Saunders stuck our most effective player Sako on the right to accommodate the hapless Hunt for the majority of the game I'll never know. As soon as those players came off we looked in better shape, but given Saunders seems incapable of deciding what his starting 11 should be I'm not sure he'll have learnt any lessons.

I would love to believe what you and jonson have said about us staying up, but I the way we are playing at the moment I just can't see it. 13 games without a win is relegation form, simple as that. It's like last season all over again

A glimmer of hope at the minute mate, a precious 1-0 lead at Millwall who haven't won now in something like 13 or 14.

So finally we start a natural winger tonight in young Callum Harriot and within six minutes of play he's put a cross into the six-yard box that Ricardo Fuller heads onto the crossbar. Finally!

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 4155
RE: The Championship and worse thread 2009/2010!!!!! - 5/3/2013 8:14:09 PM   
Goodfella

Spoke too soon there didn't I?

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 4156
RE: The Championship and worse thread 2009/2010!!!!! - 5/3/2013 9:17:22 PM   
Scott_

I hope we can keep Sam Byram next season, boy is quality. Will be playing Premier League football with or (most likely) without us in the future.

"You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig."

Check out my top 21 films - http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3188740

360 Gamertag - SmokinFuzz

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 4157
RE: The Championship and worse thread 2009/2010!!!!! - 5/3/2013 9:18:29 PM   
Goodfella

My Leeds mate is up at Leicester tonight. So we fight our way back into another game that was out of our grasp to take the lead 2-1 and then throw it away again in a matter of minutes.

Fuck sake!!!

(in reply to Scott_)
Post #: 4158
RE: The Championship and worse thread 2009/2010!!!!! - 5/3/2013 9:23:18 PM   
Scott_

Not on the best of runs are you? I only remember seeing you beat Leicester in the last couple of weeks whenever I can be arsed watching The Football League show.

"You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig."

Check out my top 21 films - http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3188740

360 Gamertag - SmokinFuzz

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 4159
RE: The Championship and worse thread 2009/2010!!!!! - 5/3/2013 9:32:51 PM   
Goodfella

quote:

ORIGINAL: Scott_

Not on the best of runs are you? I only remember seeing you beat Leicester in the last couple of weeks whenever I can be arsed watching The Football League show.

Nope and it's infuriating, we can't seem to find a winning formula at the moment and it does appear the team is switching off and that drives me up the wall.

We've won one, drawn one and lost six in our last eight.

(in reply to Scott_)
Post #: 4160
RE: The Championship and worse thread 2009/2010!!!!! - 5/3/2013 9:40:59 PM   
superdan

Well shit in a bag and punch it. First win of 2013, and a clean sheet to boot. I'd forgotten what a win feels like

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 4161
RE: The Championship and worse thread 2009/2010!!!!! - 5/3/2013 9:43:40 PM   
Goodfella

Two points thrown away and summed up by Powell's god-awful decision at 2-2 to take Haynes and Fuller off and bring on Obika and Dervite.......Dervite!? He's a fucking center-half.......at best! Talk about 'play for a point'! Which might not be too bad given this is a tough away game on a Tuesday night against relegation battlers (like ourselves now!), except we can't win at fucking home either!!!!!

< Message edited by Goodfella -- 5/3/2013 9:44:18 PM >

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 4162
RE: The Championship and worse thread 2009/2010!!!!! - 9/3/2013 3:00:06 PM   
Goodfella

Possibly the most important game of our season today, we really need to replicate our away form once more and get the three points, we still need to get into that magical area of 50 points to be more assured of safety and we need the confidence after a run of just one win in nine games, and now some very poor performances. Huddersfield deservedly beat Boro 2-1 midweek and are playing better football under Mark Robins and we're neck and neck and they'll be up for it, we have to make sure we concentrate for the full 90 minutes and up the standard of our game, too often of late we've played into our opposition's hands, we can't afford to do that today.

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 4163
RE: The Championship and worse thread 2009/2010!!!!! - 9/3/2013 3:08:45 PM   
Goodfella

Saw Harriotts make his debut for us two seasons ago at just the age of 16. Knew he was something even back then, really starting to see it now...

COME ON YOU REDS!!!!!

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 4164
RE: The Championship and worse thread 2009/2010!!!!! - 9/3/2013 5:30:23 PM   
Goodfella

Really good result today, we needed that! Sounds like it was a fight until the end but that we actually played some really decent, attacking football and could have won by more. Harriotts has been the key because he's a natural winger with pace and the ability to beat his man, we need that playing two center-forwards who are strong, physical presences, let's play to our advantage, another winger should be the first signing we go after in the summer transfer window too because I'm not sure that Scott Wagstaff is a long-term answer.

Sets us up perfectly for Millwall. For the first time in what feels like a long time I'm happy with the football on a Saturday evening!

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 4165
RE: The Championship and worse thread 2009/2010!!!!! - 10/3/2013 8:21:48 PM   
Goodfella

Jonson, what's all this talk of smoke bombs and fans throwing coins at children, women and disabled people yesterday at the KP yesterday?

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 4166
RE: The Championship and worse thread 2009/2010!!!!! - 11/3/2013 7:51:25 AM   
jonson

quote:

Jonson, what's all this talk of smoke bombs and fans throwing coins at children, women and disabled people yesterday at the KP yesterday?

No idea mate - I didn't go to be honest, I was asked to pay golf and hummed and haaed - for about 0.5 seconds .....shocking really, I've decided this season to be a fair weather supporter, and despite having a season ticket, I only go down when I can be arsed.
Heard nothig about it at all. Perhaps by "children, women and disabled people" you mean the players then that wouldn't surprise me after Saturdays result.
Looks like Florist are going to catch us. We'll never live it down.

Am I in the Pearson Out camp? Hard to say. I don't agree with choopping and changing too much, and to be fair it's his second go at it. I don't think he is tactically very good. We have no beef in midfield, 2 decent strikers who get no service, a bench fit for the knackers yard, we've spent shit loads of money on transfers and wages and not a great deal to show for it. Good players but no formation. We are very predictable. Pearson has no Plan B. He bores me in interviews. He's incredibly arrogant - things I would blindly overlook if we were winning the division.

Edit: lad at work just told me that yes, the City fans were throwing smoke bombs into the Sheff Weds fans. He didn't think they were specifically tagetting anyone, but there was trouble brewing after the match as well.

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 4167
RE: The Championship and worse thread 2009/2010!!!!! - 11/3/2013 11:25:34 AM   
Goodfella

quote:

quote:

No idea mate - I didn't go to be honest, I was asked to pay golf and hummed and haaed - for about 0.5 seconds .....shocking really, I've decided this season to be a fair weather supporter, and despite having a season ticket, I only go down when I can be arsed.
Heard nothig about it at all. Perhaps by "children, women and disabled people" you mean the players then that wouldn't surprise me after Saturdays result.
Looks like Florist are going to catch us. We'll never live it down.

Am I in the Pearson Out camp? Hard to say. I don't agree with choopping and changing too much, and to be fair it's his second go at it. I don't think he is tactically very good. We have no beef in midfield, 2 decent strikers who get no service, a bench fit for the knackers yard, we've spent shit loads of money on transfers and wages and not a great deal to show for it. Good players but no formation. We are very predictable. Pearson has no Plan B. He bores me in interviews. He's incredibly arrogant - things I would blindly overlook if we were winning the division.

Edit: lad at work just told me that yes, the City fans were throwing smoke bombs into the Sheff Weds fans. He didn't think they were specifically tagetting anyone, but there was trouble brewing after the match as well.

18 rounds at 155 was the better choice of day out was it then mate?

Oh I heard lots of different stories, most of which sounded blown out the water, and some knob put a video on youtube which, to me, frankly, looks like someone's burnt a bbq and no-one's taking ownership of the overdone burgers. This kind of thing does appear to be making more and more of an appearance of late in games, especially in the championship, so that's why I asked.

I also heard it was the Wendy's throwing the coins towards the disabled supporters at the front, I should imagine they proceeded to throw them on at your back four given the way they conceded that goal!

Pearson has never especially struck me as much of a tactician and I'm not sure what will happen if you don't get promoted this season. Will they come calling him for a third year?

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 4168
RE: The Championship and worse thread 2009/2010!!!!! - 15/3/2013 2:32:59 PM   
Goodfella

The big one tomorrow, Millwall at home, an earlier kick-off time of 12.30pm, a fine attempt by the police and security staff to stifle any trouble, badly-organized and easily-penetrable ticket restrictions and some nonsense about closing down two of the main roads out of the ground for home supporters after the game for half an hour. Excellent stuff, because that worked so well at Selhurst Park...

I hope we win, we need to win at home and we haven't won a derby sine 2009 so I hope we get really stuck in and give the fans a performance they've earned and deserve, reaching 50 points at home against the pikeys would be wonderful.

EDIT: To sum up the mentality of your average Millwall supporter, there's a story going around their various websites at the minute that Liam Trotter has converted to Islam and his regulatory praying sessions are causing a disruption to the team's training schedule. I love Millwall supporters, they are sometimes, utterly thick as shit!

< Message edited by Goodfella -- 15/3/2013 3:15:16 PM >

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 4169
RE: The Championship and worse thread 2009/2010!!!!! - 16/3/2013 9:45:09 AM   
jonson

quote:

Pearson has never especially struck me as much of a tactician and I'm not sure what will happen if you don't get promoted this season. Will they come calling him for a third year?

Sorry mate, late reply.
I don't think Pearson will last if we don't get promtion this season. I agree, his tactics can be baffling at times. A great example was Tuesday night. I would have taken a point at Cardiff, and we mullered them second half (to be fair, they are on a wobble like us) and deservedly went 1-0 up.
With 3 minutes to go, with us defending a corner, he brings on Jamie Vardy. Now, I like his enthusiasm, but the fact he was a non-league player this time last year is blatantly obvious.
So while I can't blame him specifically for conceding a late goal, he did lose the ball up field in the 91st minute, which is criminal. Bad decision by Pearson to stick on a player who has difficulty holding the ball up front. I feel he needs to justuify paying 1million for the lad, but the reality is the Championship is a league too much for him, for now at least.
Basically, we threw away 3 points on Tuesday, and it hurt real bad.

We've got the sheepshaggers tonight, on the TV, so no-one will be watching that one.
I've said it a million times, I would rather beat Derby than Forest, so as well as desparately needing 3 points to try and halt the slide (more of a fall than a slide) a win against the Derby scum will give the fans and players a real boost. For the first time this season, I have been looking how the teams below us are doing, instead of the teams above us.
Worrying times.

Up the Foxes.

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 4170
Page:   <<   < prev  137 138 [139] 140 141   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: The Championship and worse thread 2009/2010!!!!! Page: <<   < prev  137 138 [139] 140 141   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI