Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Championship, but mainly league one and below thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: Championship, but mainly league one and below thread Page: <<   < prev  126 127 [128] 129 130   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Championship, but mainly league one and below thread - 14/5/2012 4:05:23 PM   
Goodfella

I think you're going to win tonight 3-1. I just have a feeling about it and am half tempted to visit the bookies before I go to work.

"It is the Shawshank Redemption! Just with more tunneling through shit and less fucking redemption."

If you can quote the rules, then you can obey them.

(in reply to dr. salvador)
Post #: 3811
RE: Championship, but mainly league one and below thread - 14/5/2012 9:43:08 PM   
dr. salvador

Nice.

I'm still not confident about the final mind you.

"Say hey Johnny boy, the battle call.
United we stand, divided we fall.
Together we are what we can't be alone,
We came to this country, you made it our home."

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 3812
RE: Championship, but mainly league one and below thread - 15/5/2012 12:07:59 AM   
Goodfella

Congratulations. Looks a mere 90 minutes away from an all-Yorkshire affair at Wembley.

Pitch invasion was a bit premature though don't you think...

"It is the Shawshank Redemption! Just with more tunneling through shit and less fucking redemption."

Post #: 3813
RE: Championship, but mainly league one and below thread - 15/5/2012 8:49:22 AM   
CORLEONE

quote:

ORIGINAL: Goodfella

quote:

ORIGINAL: Scott_

quote:

ORIGINAL: CORLEONE

The nerves and excitement, depression and elation I felt from yesterday's Premiership finale has proven one thing to me: I will die of a heart attack if Leeds are ever in that position.

It could happen

We would never be in that position mate.

Cos we'd have the title wrapped up well before it got to that stage. Obviously.

Does he mean the EPL title or just any title whatsoever?

The Championship will do me at this point. We've been linked with about 600 players. So get a few of them in, and keep Snodgrass (who apparently is due to sign soon), and we might have a crack at the playoffs. Again.

Al Swearengen: "Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back".

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 3814
RE: Championship, but mainly league one and below thread - 15/5/2012 11:42:09 AM   
Flatulent_Bob

quote:

ORIGINAL: Goodfella

Congratulations. Looks a mere 90 minutes away from an all-Yorkshire affair at Wembley.

Pitch invasion was a bit premature though don't you think...

Bit pathetic, and they were morons. I'd like to say it was just the mindless kids, but there were plenty who should've known better. Glad to see the kop giving them stick when they decided to return.

I think it was an end of season thing rather than a celebration of "going up". Most United fans I know seem resigned to the fact we will lose again against Huddersfield. Just hope MK Dons pull an unlikely result out of the bag. I would be a lot more confident against them.

I'm your huckleberry...

All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Oh my God! They banned Kenny!

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 3815
RE: Championship, but mainly league one and below thread - 15/5/2012 9:45:35 PM   
Goodfella

Get off the pitch you toothless pikeys, you've won nothing yet. The MK Dons chairman's reaction summed it up beautifully me.

Take the flare off the pitch as well you fucking morons and stop singing 'we hate Leeds scum', who did your manager that you call 'the messiah' be in charge of last? Wasn't it lovely to see Alan Smith score the second and silence them all very briefly tonight?

Love the way Sky have crawled up Yorkshire's backside this season.

(in reply to Flatulent_Bob)
Post #: 3816
RE: Championship, but mainly league one and below thread - 16/5/2012 4:16:16 PM   
Goodfella

Now I'm far from Alan Smith's biggest fan but there was absolutely need for that the other night! Hit with clappers, punched, kicked and spat at by Huddersfield fans as he attempted to leave the pitch. Lovely. They really are a vile bunch that lot, I've had a few encounters myself with some of their 'Yorkie Army' and they're scum to be perfectly honest, I remember one of them trying to hit a young Charlton fan in front of me with a broken glass bottle a couple of seasons ago as we were leaving the Valley. Their stewards and police don't help either, they have a reputation for being very pro-Huddersfield fans and will happily wind up opposition supporters up as well.

I hope as well as a warning for the pitch invasion they get a fine for being unable to control their supporters, there was a flare as well.

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 3817
RE: Championship, but mainly league one and below thread - 18/5/2012 1:09:01 AM   
Goodfella

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18109276

LOL!LOL!LOL!LOL!LOL!LOL!LOL!

Bit early to be drinking isn't it Big Sam, you could at least wait until after the game....

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 3818
RE: Championship, but mainly league one and below thread - 18/5/2012 9:35:09 PM   
dr. salvador

I'm unsure as to whether I'm going to go to the Play-Off final on the 26th. We might be able to do it but I've just got horrible memories of that last final against Burnley and I think it is probably going to be just like that one all over again.

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 3819
RE: Championship, but mainly league one and below thread - 18/5/2012 9:49:15 PM   
Flatulent_Bob

quote:

ORIGINAL: dr. salvador

I'm unsure as to whether I'm going to go to the Play-Off final on the 26th. We might be able to do it but I've just got horrible memories of that last final against Burnley and I think it is probably going to be just like that one all over again.

I said exactly the same, but my daughter wants to go, so I've caved in and got my ticket.

I'm your huckleberry...

All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Post #: 3820
RE: Championship, but mainly league one and below thread - 19/5/2012 11:05:46 AM   
jonson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Flatulent_Bob

quote:

I said exactly the same, but my daughter wants to go, so I've caved in and got my ticket.

I've been to 4. Won 2 and lost 2. They are either the worst days of your life (in a football context) or the best. I'd still go at the drop of a hat though.
Good luck

I've got all the Barbie ones!!!

Yeah but you're old. Really old. Old. Old. Old. Old.

Post #: 3821
RE: Championship, but mainly league one and below thread - 19/5/2012 1:34:45 PM   
Goodfella

quote:

ORIGINAL: jonson

quote:

quote:

I've been to 4. Won 2 and lost 2. They are either the worst days of your life (in a football context) or the best. I'd still go at the drop of a hat though.
Good luck

I've been to 1. Won 1. Lost 0. The infamous 1998 final against Sunderland. 4-4 after extra time and we won 7-6 on pens. Never will I forget that day. I can still remember the exact moment Sasa Ilic saved Michael Gray's woeful penalty and the rush of adrenaline. Every one of us came home that day absolutely drained both emotionally and vocally, even Sunderland fans I know still rate that day was one of the greatest games they've seen their team play in, even though the result still guts them it was such an incredible game of football. Let's just say any neutral there got their money's worth, that's for sure....

Anyway.....

COME ON OLLIE, COME ON BLACKPOOL, KEEP THEM IRONS IN THE SECOND TIER!!!!!

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 3822
RE: Championship, but mainly league one and below thread - 19/5/2012 3:50:26 PM   
Goodfella

Just how many empty seats are there at Wembley!? Stunned to see some of them in the West Ham end, blimey, it's a trip down the road for them! This is their team in their biggest game of the season! Mind you puts paid to Big Sam's theory about it being "the biggest game of the weekend" though doesn't it, bet there's no empty seats in Munich tonight?

Apparently Kevin 'Overrated' Phillips missed two absolute sitters and then Carlton Cole, who's been on the bench most of the past two months, popped up to put the Hammers in front.

I'm watching the cricket so can't comment too much but I still hope Blackpool can do what they did two seasons ago and bounce back!

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 3823
RE: Championship, but mainly league one and below thread - 19/5/2012 4:53:09 PM   
directorscut

Ugh.

Member of the TMNT 1000 Club.

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 3824
RE: Championship, but mainly league one and below thread - 19/5/2012 4:55:26 PM   
DJ Satan

Congrats West Ham! Glad to see you back.

Up The Hammers!

Don't try to tell me that some power can corrupt a person
You hadn't had enough to know what it's like
You're only angry cause you wish you were in my position
Now nod your head cause you know that I'm right..alright!

(in reply to directorscut)
Post #: 3825
RE: Championship, but mainly league one and below thread - 19/5/2012 5:04:45 PM   
superdan

quote:

ORIGINAL: directorscut

Ugh.

(in reply to directorscut)
Post #: 3826
RE: Championship, but mainly league one and below thread - 19/5/2012 5:57:50 PM   
Flatulent_Bob

Hardly a surprise that the beast beat beauty. Given the comparable wage bills and transfer fees spent West Ham should never have been in the playoffs.
At least I've now got one side to support for relegation next season.
Gutted for Blackpool, hope they get to keep hold of Phillips and Ince.

< Message edited by Flatulent_Bob -- 19/5/2012 5:58:53 PM >

I'm your huckleberry...

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 3827
RE: Championship, but mainly league one and below thread - 19/5/2012 6:28:31 PM   
Nexus Wookie

Well done West Ham! Welcome back to the Premier League!

As for Blackpool, you had your chances but you didnt take them. Better luck next time!

My blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

Post #: 3828
RE: Championship, but mainly league one and below thread - 20/5/2012 2:26:03 AM   
Goodfella

quote:

Hardly a surprise that the beast beat beauty. Given the comparable wage bills and transfer fees spent West Ham should never have been in the playoffs.
At least I've now got one side to support for relegation next season.
Gutted for Blackpool, hope they get to keep hold of Phillips and Ince.

Seconded.

Yes West Ham have achieved the promotion straight back up that they both wanted and needed but the way they've gone about it? Well, it leaves a lot to be desired. Big Sam has a tough job keeping those supporters happy next season, especially the Upton Park faithful who have been treated to sub-standard football in the second half of the year, and I'm not just talking about the style there, I'm talking about what they've gotten from each game. I think they seem to think next season is going to be a lot easier than it actually will be!

Blackpool are a credit too football in my view. Passionate, determined, great to watch, some fine talent like Phillips and Ince and a manager who brings real fizz to the game. In a way I'm almost glad we get to play them next season as I know they'll be two enjoyable games against a good side if nothing less.

How bias was the commentary as well? All in favour of the big club again. We kept leaving the cricket as well to get Goochie's reaction and all it was was a wry smile.

Post #: 3829
RE: Championship, but mainly league one and below thread - 23/5/2012 1:36:23 AM   
Goodfella

Well you two are quiet pre-Wembley.

Nerves kicking in already?

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 3830
RE: Championship, but mainly league one and below thread - 23/5/2012 7:56:47 PM   
dr. salvador

I'm just not that confident

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 3831
RE: Championship, but mainly league one and below thread - 23/5/2012 8:08:59 PM   
Goodfella

quote:

I'm just not that confident

I'm not surprised. A Wembley final is a game that leaves the nerves shattered beforehand no matter how well (or not) your team has been doing up to that point. Are you going down for it Dr.?

I think United will win it 2-1 to be honest though. Wilson has been a motivator all season and has done a very good job and I don't think he plans on letting Jordan Rhodes FC getting in the way....

Post #: 3832
RE: Championship, but mainly league one and below thread - 23/5/2012 8:56:24 PM   
dr. salvador

I'm going and I agree about keeping Jordan Rhodes quiet. We did that when we played them away in February and they didn't really have any other threat to offer besides long throws but Collins and Maguire dealt with them easily. If we score first we might have a chance.

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 3833
RE: Championship, but mainly league one and below thread - 27/5/2012 1:39:24 AM   
Goodfella

Commiserations boys, my heart goes out to you this evening.

But this, this, is fucking incredible....

quote:

VIEWS FROM THE DRESSING ROOM

Huddersfield Town boss Simon Grayson:
"We never expected it to get down to the goalkeepers.
"There was nothing in the game whatsoever.
"What an unbelievable end to the game and I really feel for Sheffield United. Hopefully they can come up next year.
"The best way to get promoted is by winning at Wembley."

Grayson, you utter fucking liar!!

I swear he said the same thing when he took Leeds up via automatic promotion, only about automatic!

I love the way managers chop and change these things to fit whatever the team has managed to achieve in the season. Especially, no offence lads, but those out of that county....

Post #: 3834
RE: Championship, but mainly league one and below thread - 27/5/2012 1:45:23 AM   
Goodfella

Oh wait, there's more bullshit....

quote:

“I came to the club with a remit to try and get the team promoted and we managed to do that.

“The club deserves to be back in the Championship because of the chairman, the infrastructure and his ambition.

No, no, no.

A club deserves to play in the next league up if it's team earns that right on the pitch. Yes the club helps provide by bringing that team in, but it has to earn it by doing the job. You don't have any god-given right to play in any league just because you happen to have a sizeable bank account and a fairly big ground, otherwise football would be boring as sin and most of us "small-club" fans just wouldn't bother would we?

Tosser.

I'll expect more shit from him later in the week about how Huddersfield will be joining Sheffield Wednesday in playing Champions League football against Barcelona in three seasons time...

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 3835
RE: Championship, but mainly league one and below thread - 27/5/2012 11:02:19 AM   
Flatulent_Bob

Calm down Ads, you seem more wound up than us Blades.

It just seems business as usual, and we have to go again.
I saw Blades fans dancing around singing about how crap we are at service stations on the way home.
It's just part of following United, 7 trips to Wembley/Millenium no wins and no goals for the last 3. We're just a bit shit, but in all honesty we wouldn't know what to do if we did win.
Massive restructuring will be needed and at least 6-7 major players will be sold.
But this is just typical United, and we'll be up there again, it might just take a few more seasons.
To lose our top performing players throughout the season has killed us. Evans for the first 6 weeks, Phillips in Dec, McDonald in Jan/feb Evans for the last few matches and then McDonald again for the final. We need to be less reliant but hey we're the famous Sheff United, and we're shit at Wembley.

< Message edited by Flatulent_Bob -- 27/5/2012 11:06:08 AM >

I'm your huckleberry...

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 3836
RE: Championship, but mainly league one and below thread - 28/5/2012 12:27:47 AM   
Goodfella

quote:

Calm down Ads, you seem more wound up than us Blades.

It just seems business as usual, and we have to go again.
I saw Blades fans dancing around singing about how crap we are at service stations on the way home.
It's just part of following United, 7 trips to Wembley/Millenium no wins and no goals for the last 3. We're just a bit shit, but in all honesty we wouldn't know what to do if we did win.
Massive restructuring will be needed and at least 6-7 major players will be sold.
But this is just typical United, and we'll be up there again, it might just take a few more seasons.
To lose our top performing players throughout the season has killed us. Evans for the first 6 weeks, Phillips in Dec, McDonald in Jan/feb Evans for the last few matches and then McDonald again for the final. We need to be less reliant but hey we're the famous Sheff United, and we're shit at Wembley.

Well it's just bias, self-worthy nonsense isn't it Bob? Managers talk absolute crap these days and tend to use the word "honesty" around 10-15 times during any interview. Which is usually the one thing they are not actually being...

Dropping to this level and spending three seasons in it really returned us to Earth with a nasty bump, not that we were ever arrogant about our achievements at higher levels, but it forced a needed restructuring at the club on all levels from the top down and in the end we did it get there, and it worked. Would I have had us back in after one year, even under Phil Parkinson? Yeah, probably. But then I look at the time it took Southampton and what they've just achieved and I think, well, at least I know we have sensible leadership at all levels now with the team's best interests at heart. United have been very unlucky not to go up with 90 points but that's football, you can't curse your luck too often and we'll have to go that step further next season, where I would expect you to win a league even with the players you will lose as frankly two of three clubs coming down are facing so much financial trouble league position is likely to be the last thing on their minds, as long as they're not relegated again. Your biggest competition, although I appreciate it's quite early to say, is Preston and Brentford in my opinion.

Stevenage will drop like a stone now unfortunately...

Post #: 3837
RE: Championship, but mainly league one and below thread - 28/5/2012 12:24:36 PM   
CORLEONE

Leeds being linked with Arab takeover rumours

Al Swearengen: "Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back".

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 3838
RE: Championship, but mainly league one and below thread - 28/5/2012 9:39:03 PM   
Goodfella

Well colour me surprised.

This one's from Milan...

quote:

"The ambitions of this club are to move forward, it deserves to be in the top 10 in the country," he added.
"Whether I will be the man to take it all the way up there remains to be seen. No matter what happens this club has to keep progressing," he said

Can someone explain to me why any club, and more to the point the team, deserves to play anywhere?

(in reply to CORLEONE)
Post #: 3839
RE: Championship, but mainly league one and below thread - 29/5/2012 6:12:21 PM   
Scott_

quote:

ORIGINAL: CORLEONE

Leeds being linked with Arab takeover rumours

I was certain that would be bullshit as usual but...

quote:

The club have issued the following statement...

Further to media reports on Tuesday morning, the club can confirm that talks are taking place regarding investment for the long-term future.

The club has always publicly stated that it would welcome potential investment, but has maintained a belief whereby the quality of the investor is the most important factor in terms of the long-term development of Leeds United.

No further comment will be made at this stage

Interesting times...

"You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig."

Check out my top 21 films - http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3188740

360 Gamertag - SmokinFuzz

(in reply to CORLEONE)
Post #: 3840
Page:   <<   < prev  126 127 [128] 129 130   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: Championship, but mainly league one and below thread Page: <<   < prev  126 127 [128] 129 130   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI