Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Everton 3 - 1 Pompey

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: Everton 3 - 1 Pompey Page: <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Everton 3 - 1 Pompey - 13/3/2008 9:43:35 AM   
kaner316

quote:

ORIGINAL: Flatulent_Bob

quote:

ORIGINAL: theram05

When did Liverpool bribe a ref?

I think he might be talking about the two sending offs that should never of been.
Or the two penalties they should of had in the Derby.

Then again maybe it was just a jokey comment.

ah Bob, rewriting history again are we?

i don't deny the penalties that should have been but weren't given, but according to the rules of the game

1) Hibbert dragged Gerrard down when he was clean through, denying a clear goal scoring opportunity, and
2) Neville deliberately handled on the line, denying a goal.

both had to go.

now, before you start jumping off, yes Kuyt could have gone for his lunge at Neville (which never connected, and the intent was to block the ball, not to harm the player, but was still dangerous), and Clattenburg was brutal, but those two decisions he got right.

Bartlet: What do we do with him?
Sam: Make him the Ambassador to Paraguay.
Bartlet: What do we do with the Ambassador to Paraguay?
Sam: Make him Ambassador to Bulgaria.
Bartlet: I like this. Because, if everybody keeps moving up one, I can go home

(in reply to Flatulent_Bob)
Post #: 181
RE: Everton 3 - 1 Pompey - 13/3/2008 9:56:25 AM   
Flatulent_Bob

quote:

ORIGINAL: kaner316

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: theram05

When did Liverpool bribe a ref?

I think he might be talking about the two sending offs that should never of been.
Or the two penalties they should of had in the Derby.

Then again maybe it was just a jokey comment.

ah Bob, rewriting history again are we?

i don't deny the penalties that should have been but weren't given, but according to the rules of the game

1) Hibbert dragged Gerrard down when he was clean through, denying a clear goal scoring opportunity, and
2) Neville deliberately handled on the line, denying a goal.

both had to go.

now, before you start jumping off, yes Kuyt could have gone for his lunge at Neville (which never connected, and the intent was to block the ball, not to harm the player, but was still dangerous), and Clattenburg was brutal, but those two decisions he got right.

lol Kaner316
If I was going to rewrite History Kaner I'd have West Ham getting royaly fucked for their cheating last year.

I was talking about the two sending offs in the European cup.  The original poster was talking about Everton being knocked out of Europe.

Now if you'd like to go pick your toys up, they are making a mess of the nursery.  

I'm your huckleberry...

All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Oh my God! They banned Kenny!

(in reply to kaner316)
Post #: 182
RE: Everton 3 - 1 Pompey - 13/3/2008 10:14:11 AM   
kaner316

quote:

I was talking about the two sending offs in the European cup.  The original poster was talking about Everton being knocked out of Europe.

well, don't i feel like a prize prat now...

quote:

Now if you'd like to go pick your toys up, they are making a mess of the nursery.  

it's not fair, it's not fair, it's not fair, you're mean...

ps, toffees, rotten luck last night, peno's is always a harsh way to lose a game, you deserved it on the night.

< Message edited by kaner316 -- 13/3/2008 11:06:43 AM >

Bartlet: What do we do with him?
Sam: Make him the Ambassador to Paraguay.
Bartlet: What do we do with the Ambassador to Paraguay?
Sam: Make him Ambassador to Bulgaria.
Bartlet: I like this. Because, if everybody keeps moving up one, I can go home

(in reply to Flatulent_Bob)
Post #: 183
RE: Everton 3 - 1 Pompey - 13/3/2008 11:57:15 AM   
jay13

I wake up this morning with the worst sore throat there is, and still feeling slightly gutted, but last night had to be one of the best nights at Goodison i have been to.

The fans were immense, when  i was walking up the stairs to get to my seat at 7:40 the place was immense, so loud, a bit cliche but the back of my neck was tingling.

The moment of silence when Arteta struck the ball and then the explosion when the ball hit the back of the net it was crazy.

Special mention to Leon Osman he was absolutely terrific and motm i thought, didn't put a foot wrong and chased everything and fought for everything that he could.

What i'm surprised with this morning a lot of the red fans, saying that we deserved to win that and we played very well, so now we concentrate on 4th spot i guess.

Bring on Fulham !

Twitter: @_maes85

(in reply to kaner316)
Post #: 184
RE: Everton 3 - 1 Pompey - 14/3/2008 3:47:02 PM   
Fritz Lang

I wonder who invend the bloody penalties rule

Now we must put all our attention to the 4th places.But something is telling me that we will get the 4th place and the bloody Reds will win the Champion Leaque

They done it before, you know...

All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. That's how far the world is from where I am. Just one bad day. You had a bad day once. Am I right? You had a bad day and everything changed.

(in reply to jay13)
Post #: 185
RE: Fulham 1 - Everton 0 - 16/3/2008 7:47:07 PM   
kenada_woo

Load of shite. 

Squad depth is all I can say about todays performance.

Its the Premier Manager syndrom. If you've ever played the video game you know there's always the match where you half half a squad full of reserves because everyone is injued but you feel fine about you're strikers or defence because you've got cover on the pitch. What happens? Someone gets injured and you havent got cover and you get beat. Shitty analogy (sp) I know but that's what happened today.

Moyes felt that having AJ and Yak would be fine for having no strikers on the bench. AJ gets injured he resorts to playing the game that relys on Tim Cahill to back up Yak. What happened? Nothing. He resorts to putting Lescott up front because Moyes had no other option.

I think he should've brought in Keiran Agard or Van De Meyde just to have something on the bench instead of playing people out of position.

It was a shite game. Fulham had one shot on target they scored from. I thought we held possesion well and played some nice football but the downfall was the right back situation that we all know is a pisser this season. Hibbert was well out, too far forward to get back, and nobody was behind him even though Cars tried getting back.

We're gonna have those games, its shite but they're gonna happen. We just need to get results now big time. When the RS get beat by the Mancs, which will happen, we should be able to get back on track.

Terrible result but fuck it, lets plough on.

http://dereksdontrunfilms.blogspot.co.uk/

"You bailed out a Jamaican street named Monkey the other day, I want him. This other piece of shit, Screwface, I want him. I know you're a scumbag and a puke, I don't mind that, but give me what I need and I'll leave here a nice guy. If you don't, I'm gonna fuck you up. "

Hatcher. Marked For Death

(in reply to Fritz Lang)
Post #: 186
RE: Fulham 1 - Everton 0 - 16/3/2008 8:04:33 PM   
HIM

I, on behalf of all the Liverpool fans, would just like to thank Everton for keeping that 4th spot warm for us during our recent dip in form. 

(in reply to kenada_woo)
Post #: 187
RE: Fulham 1 - Everton 0 - 16/3/2008 9:10:25 PM   
Rinc

quote:

ORIGINAL: HIM

I, on behalf of all the Liverpool fans, would just like to thank Everton for keeping that 4th spot warm for us during our recent dip in form.†

No spoilers please:

Invisiotext:
[ color=#F1F1F1 ]text[ /color ]

(in reply to HIM)
Post #: 188
RE: Fulham 1 - Everton 0 - 16/3/2008 9:24:32 PM   
BigBadWolf

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rinc

quote:

I, on behalf of all the Liverpool fans, would just like to thank Everton for keeping that 4th spot warm for us during our recent dip in form. 

What the fuck has football come to when fans of Liverpool, of all clubs, are gloating over 4th spot in the league

I would hate my team to finish 4th of course and potentially qualify for the champions league.

(in reply to Rinc)
Post #: 189
RE: Fulham 1 - Everton 0 - 16/3/2008 9:27:16 PM   
kenada_woo

quote:

Ohhh.  That's fine.  We'll probably say the same when you's get beat by Man U next week, then Arsenal the following week (and twice again in the champs league).  I'm guessing that Reading game this weekend was "easy" too.

Getting a couple of results against some shite teams doesnt represent a come back to "form" (the Inter games dont count because the Ref was you're 12th man against 10 men). 

But I'm guessing the £40+Mill you's spent will do you's alright just to get the 4th spot you badly want.

Honestly  if Liverpool dont get 4th it will be an embaressment to an already embarassing season.

"You bailed out a Jamaican street named Monkey the other day, I want him. This other piece of shit, Screwface, I want him. I know you're a scumbag and a puke, I don't mind that, but give me what I need and I'll leave here a nice guy. If you don't, I'm gonna fuck you up. "

(in reply to HIM)
Post #: 190
RE: Fulham 1 - Everton 0 - 16/3/2008 9:31:19 PM   
Rinc

quote:

ORIGINAL: BigBadWolf

quote:

quote:

I, on behalf of all the Liverpool fans, would just like to thank Everton for keeping that 4th spot warm for us during our recent dip in form.†

What the fuck has football come to when fans of Liverpool, of all clubs, are gloating over 4th spot in the league

I would hate my team to finish 4th of course and potentially qualify for the champions league.

That's even funnier.

No spoilers please:

Invisiotext:

(in reply to BigBadWolf)
Post #: 191
RE: Fulham 1 - Everton 0 - 16/3/2008 9:34:42 PM   
Rinc

quote:

ORIGINAL: kenada_woo

quote:

Ohhh.† That's fine.† We'll probably say the same when you's get beat by Man U next week, then Arsenal the following week (and twice again in the champs league).† I'm guessing that Reading game this weekend was "easy" too.

Getting a couple of results against some shite teams doesnt represent a come back to "form" (the Inter games dont count because the Ref was you're 12th man against 10 men).†

But I'm guessing the £40+Mill you's spent will do you's alright just to get the 4th spot you badly want.

Honestly† if Liverpool dont get 4th it will be an embaressment to an already embarassing season.

Wow you really took HIM's bait didn't you?

By the way i don't remember Inter scoring against us when they had 11 men, in fact in the first leg they never looked like scoring when it was 11 v 11.

Also these 'shite' teams we've beaten are the kinds of teams we should be beating, just as Everton shoiuld be beating Fulham....... but they didn't.

And yes it will be embarassing if we don't get 4th but we will so no need to worry about that.

No spoilers please:

Invisiotext:

(in reply to kenada_woo)
Post #: 192
RE: Fulham 1 - Everton 0 - 16/3/2008 9:36:10 PM   
BigBadWolf

quote:

That's even funnier.

Well as a purist, I, of course don't believe in the 4th placed team going into the champions league.  By the way, if Everton do finish 4th, ahead of Liverpool, does that mean Liverpool will be demoted from 'The Big Four'?

Grandslam Sunday could certainly be different next season.

(in reply to Rinc)
Post #: 193
RE: Fulham 1 - Everton 0 - 16/3/2008 9:50:58 PM   
kenada_woo

quote:

quote:

quote:

Ohhh.  That's fine.  We'll probably say the same when you's get beat by Man U next week, then Arsenal the following week (and twice again in the champs league).  I'm guessing that Reading game this weekend was "easy" too.

Getting a couple of results against some shite teams doesnt represent a come back to "form" (the Inter games dont count because the Ref was you're 12th man against 10 men). 

Honestly  if Liverpool dont get 4th it will be an embaressment to an already embarassing season.

Wow you really took HIM's bait didn't you?

By the way i don't remember Inter scoring against us when they had 11 men, in fact in the first leg they never looked like scoring when it was 11 v 11.

Also these 'shite' teams we've beaten are the kinds of teams we should be beating, just as Everton shoiuld be beating Fulham....... but they didn't.

And yes it will be embarassing if we don't get 4th but we will so no need to worry about that.

Not taking the bait as such but bursting the bubble a little.  We're gonna slip up but the fact is we're keeping you's on your toes.  Instead of battling with the top 3 you're fighting with Everton.  If that's what you've resorted to that's fine, 5th is a job well done for us, 4th is bonus but the league aint over yet.

Oh and the Inter game was 11 v 11 for 40 odd minutes with a couple of semi chances where you's didnt score untill the 70th minute for both legs - really sounds like you's "destroyed" them.

(in reply to Rinc)
Post #: 194
RE: Fulham 1 - Everton 0 - 16/3/2008 9:56:31 PM   
kenada_woo

quote:

ORIGINAL: BigBadWolf

quote:

That's even funnier.

Well as a purist, I, of course don't believe in the 4th placed team going into the champions league.  By the way, if Everton do finish 4th, ahead of Liverpool, does that mean Liverpool will be demoted from 'The Big Four'?

Grandslam Sunday could certainly be different next season.

No because Sky can sell a Liverpool vs Man Utd game for bigger cash than if it was Everton. 

Rafa will probably buy 12 players next season, spend 50 mill, play 3 of em and sell 6 of them for being shite and feel contempt with gettin 4th place again over everyone else because they can still drawn cash from the TVgames.

(in reply to BigBadWolf)
Post #: 195
RE: Fulham 1 - Everton 0 - 16/3/2008 10:10:40 PM   
BigBadWolf

quote:

No because Sky can sell a Liverpool vs Man Utd game for bigger cash than if it was Everton. 

I know, t'was a small piece of sarcasm at the way Sky sell the 'Big Four'.  They would just gloss over Everton finishing 4th and keep Grandslam Sunday as it is.

(in reply to kenada_woo)
Post #: 196
RE: Fulham 1 - Everton 0 - 16/3/2008 10:31:35 PM   
Rinc

quote:

Oh and the Inter game was 11 v 11 for 40 odd minutes with a couple of semi chances where you's didnt score untill the 70th minute for both legs - really sounds like you's "destroyed" them.

Who said we destroyed them? We certainly outplayed them in the first leg when it was 11 v 11 even if we didn't score. People expected us to get beaten by them but we didn't. Try to put down our achievement all you want, we were still the first team to beat them since September and the first to beat them at the San Siro in a long while.

No spoilers please:

Invisiotext:

(in reply to kenada_woo)
Post #: 197
RE: Fulham 1 - Everton 0 - 16/3/2008 10:38:35 PM   
kenada_woo

quote:

quote:

Who said we destroyed them? We certainly outplayed them in the first leg when it was 11 v 11 even if we didn't score. People expected us to get beaten by them but we didn't. Try to put down our achievement all you want, we were still the first team to beat them since September and the first to beat them at the San Siro in a long while.

With a lot of help

(in reply to Rinc)
Post #: 198
RE: Fulham 1 - Everton 0 - 16/3/2008 11:05:40 PM   
Rinc

quote:

quote:

quote:

With a lot of help

You could've done with that type of help against a very very very poor Fulham.

No spoilers please:

Invisiotext:

(in reply to kenada_woo)
Post #: 199
RE: Fulham 1 - Everton 0 - 16/3/2008 11:19:56 PM   
kenada_woo

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

With a lot of help

Barnsley...........

(in reply to Rinc)
Post #: 200
RE: Fulham 1 - Everton 0 - 16/3/2008 11:25:14 PM   
Rinc

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

With a lot of help

Barnsley...........

Oldham............

No spoilers please:

Invisiotext:

(in reply to kenada_woo)
Post #: 201
RE: Fulham 1 - Everton 0 - 16/3/2008 11:28:37 PM   
kenada_woo

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

With a lot of help

Barnsley...........

Oldham............

Didnt a binman score past you's in the FA Cup?  Played for Havenant and Waterlooville?

(in reply to Rinc)
Post #: 202
RE: Fulham 1 - Everton 0 - 16/3/2008 11:37:57 PM   
justfontaine

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

With a lot of help

Barnsley...........

Oldham............

Didnt a binman score past you's in the FA Cup?  Played for Havenant and Waterlooville?

hahahaha. fulham. thats a good one that is moyesy.

'I always felt it was supposed to be a revival meeting, a circus, a dance hall and a political rally and all those things are rolled into what you present... and that was rock 'n' roll for me'

The Boss

(in reply to kenada_woo)
Post #: 203
RE: Fulham 1 - Everton 0 - 16/3/2008 11:43:28 PM   
Boring Prophet

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

With a lot of help

Barnsley...........

Oldham............

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

(in reply to kenada_woo)
Post #: 204
RE: Fulham 1 - Everton 0 - 16/3/2008 11:45:20 PM   
Rinc

quote:

ORIGINAL: Boring Prophet

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

With a lot of help

Barnsley...........

Oldham............

Didnt a binman score past you's in the FA Cup?† Played for Havenant and Waterlooville?

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

We beat them in the end though. We were just humouring them before that.

No spoilers please:

Invisiotext:

(in reply to Boring Prophet)
Post #: 205
RE: Fulham 1 - Everton 0 - 17/3/2008 10:43:31 AM   
jay13

Stop quoting each other! My finger hurts from scrolling down the page 

Poor result yesterday definitely, it shows we need a couple more players to bolster the team, no Anichebe, Cahill, Fernandes, Vaughn and an AJ who had to go off after 20 mins.

I knew it was gonna be bad day when they take off your striker and replace him with the Tony the "Crossing-Master" Hibbo. Although it also showed that the mid week game took it out of the players Arteta and Pienaar looked slow on the ball and although Yakubu played the full game on Wednesday he chased what he could and worked as hard as he could, think credit goes to Moyes there for turining the Yak into a player that will do that.

Twitter: @_maes85

(in reply to Rinc)
Post #: 206
RE: Fulham 1 - Everton 0 - 17/3/2008 5:21:05 PM   
Fritz Lang

quote:

All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. That's how far the world is from where I am. Just one bad day. You had a bad day once. Am I right? You had a bad day and everything changed.

(in reply to HIM)
Post #: 207
RE: Fulham 1 - Everton 0 - 17/3/2008 6:49:18 PM   
Fritz Lang

Personally i cant wait for the Anfield match.If the ref is not blind this time we will show to the Reds who is the boss of the city

(in reply to Fritz Lang)
Post #: 208
RE: Fulham 1 - Everton 0 - 17/3/2008 7:02:40 PM   
clownfoot

Have I walked into a school playground? If so has anyone got Pascal Chimbonda - I've got Southgate, Vassell and Anton Ferdinand for swapsies...?

Evil Mod 2 - Hail he who has fallen from the sky to deliver us from the terror of the Deadites!

http://www.thepixelempire.net/index.html
http://clownfootsinversemidas.blogspot.com/

(in reply to Rinc)
Post #: 209
RE: Fulham 1 - Everton 0 - 17/3/2008 7:14:05 PM   
Rinc

quote:

ORIGINAL: Fritz Lang

Personally i cant wait for the Anfield match.If the ref is not blind this time we will show to the Reds who is the boss of the city

Like he was when you beat us 3-0 last season.

No spoilers please:

Invisiotext:

(in reply to Fritz Lang)
Post #: 210
Page:   <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: Everton 3 - 1 Pompey Page: <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News††|††Empire Blog††|††Movie Reviews††|††Future Films††|††Features††|††Video Interviews††|††Image Gallery††|††Competitions††|††Forum††|††Magazine††|††Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI