Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Everton 3 - 1 Pompey

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: Everton 3 - 1 Pompey Page: <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Everton 3 - 1 Pompey - 3/3/2008 7:57:53 PM   
kenada_woo

quote:

ORIGINAL: jonson

I think the last time I stuck my head in here it was to comment on Everton being a dull team. I'd like to rescind that now as I've enjoyed watching them whenever I've seen them play. Moyes has done a remarkable job.

Ahem.

My reason for being here today is Tim Cahill's goal celebration yesterday. Now aparently as long as it doesn't cause offence or the referee deems it to be an abusive gesture, there's not a problem. I'm sure that political views are also frowned upon (I'm sure it was Robbie Fowler who got a bollocking for wearing a scouse/fireman T-shirt many years ago - can't remember exactly what the cause was...)
Now my thought is that this is surely offensive to the victim of his brother's attack? The guy was left partially blinded after being kicked in the head twice by Cahill's brother. Personally I don't think it's very clever to "dedicate" a goal to someone like that which seems to be what Cahill was doing. It's neither funny either.
Anyway, to sum up I used to be a big fan of Cahill. Great player and all but I can't help thinking now that he's a complete twat.

How is it offensive to the victim of his brothers attack?  

I think its blown waaaay out of proportions.  Its not like he had a shirt saying "free my brother" or anything like that - he just dedicated a goal to his brother.  He doesnt condone what he's done (his brother was sentenced early January, the incident was last year) has said in interviews in OZ that what he did was awful and shameful, hasnt complained or kicked up a stink about what happened to his brother (hence why people are only hearing about it now rather than months ago), he's just supporting a family member who's in jail for 6 years.  There's a shit load of difference.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Professor Moriarty

I agree with Jonson and will be disappointed if Everton don't fine him.

His brother carried out a viscious assault and then left his victim semi-conscious and bleeding heavily. 

Can't see that Everton or the FA will want GBH to look like something football condones. 

I dont think Everton or the FA are going to fine him.  Again, the act his brother commited was atrocious but how does Cahill's goal celebration demean or support what his brother did?   Why cant he dedicate a goal to his brother like many footballers dedicate goals to other family members or recently deceased friends (like McFadden did) or a new born baby (like Derbyshire for Blackburn)? 

Maybe I'm seeing it the wrong why but I cant see any argument for how Cahill's celebration supports the inccident his brother was involved in.

Moving on...........Quality win for us, hope the Florentina game goes our way too

http://dereksdontrunfilms.blogspot.co.uk/

"You bailed out a Jamaican street named Monkey the other day, I want him. This other piece of shit, Screwface, I want him. I know you're a scumbag and a puke, I don't mind that, but give me what I need and I'll leave here a nice guy. If you don't, I'm gonna fuck you up. "

Hatcher. Marked For Death

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 151
RE: Everton 3 - 1 Pompey - 4/3/2008 2:37:56 PM   
jay13

If Everton or the FA were to fine Cahill i would be appalled, now what his brother did was in no way right and mindless violence is a horrible thing. But Tiny Tim was just sending a message out to his brother.

I can't see how his gesture is condoning his brothers action in anyway.

Edit: Also 2 very good wins recently, City and Pompey both having very good seasons, 6 valuable points. Let's hope West Ham can do us a favour this week

< Message edited by jay13 -- 4/3/2008 2:39:52 PM >

Twitter: @_maes85

(in reply to kenada_woo)
Post #: 152
RE: Everton 3 - 1 Pompey - 4/3/2008 3:00:55 PM   
theram05

I dont think they have any grounds or right to fine him or suspend him, I just think it hows a crassness that was unnecessary. His brothers crime was a bit much, its not like he was one of the Birmingham 6 or anything.

What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it. And I don't like it any more than you men.

(in reply to jay13)
Post #: 153
RE: Everton 3 - 1 Pompey - 4/3/2008 3:14:49 PM   
Flatulent_Bob

He's apologied for any offence taken.

That will be the end of the matter then as far as the club is concerned.

I'm your huckleberry...

All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Oh my God! They banned Kenny!

(in reply to theram05)
Post #: 154
RE: Everton 3 - 1 Pompey - 4/3/2008 3:54:45 PM   
theram05

Ah yea, like I said, I wouldnt do anything to him, wouldnt be fair, just a foolish thing to do. He could have just sent him a care package, am sure his brother would have appreciated that.

What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it. And I don't like it any more than you men.

(in reply to Flatulent_Bob)
Post #: 155
RE: Everton 3 - 1 Pompey - 6/3/2008 11:34:18 PM   
kenada_woo

Well.....we can be play terribley bad and tonight we showed it.  Everything went wrong that could go wrong, minus the score line that could've been 5 instead of just 2.0.

Florentina played well, if not expectionally well, as we just got everything wrong. 

Cant see us getting a result at home either but its best to go out all guns blazing if needs be.

"You bailed out a Jamaican street named Monkey the other day, I want him. This other piece of shit, Screwface, I want him. I know you're a scumbag and a puke, I don't mind that, but give me what I need and I'll leave here a nice guy. If you don't, I'm gonna fuck you up. "

(in reply to theram05)
Post #: 156
RE: Everton 3 - 1 Pompey - 7/3/2008 12:05:05 AM   
cirdan

thought we were awful tonight. gave the ball away far too easily, looked very on edge in defense, too hurried at times, instead of taking a few extra seconds to clear. but in the end it should have been more than 2.
too be honest they didnt look a great side, just more composed on the ball. this was our first real test against a side who are quite similar to ourselves, league position etc so that was quite disapointing. but i think our lack of euro experience is starting to tell. teams like florentina have been playing in europe most seasons id guess, we just have no recent experience to go on. so to have reached this far has been great, and some valuable experience will have been gained.
i think if we put in a performance next week we could do it, if we play like we did against pompey or city then why not, play the way we do in the premier league would at least give us a chance.
i hope we give it a go, at least get to the next round and keep our season going, because i dont know what effect going out know would have on our league form

(in reply to kenada_woo)
Post #: 157
RE: Everton 3 - 1 Pompey - 7/3/2008 4:48:40 PM   
Toby Monroe

Shocked and appalled in equal measure. 442 for the rest of the season please. No more Neville Osman and Carsley lining up together in midfield. Neville at right back, Hibbert at the jobcentre, Peter Reid and Bracewell in centre of the park, flanked by Sheedy and Steven. Watch the trophies roll in.

Cahill's 'goal' was sweet.

Fit or Fugly score: 3/10

(in reply to cirdan)
Post #: 158
RE: Everton 3 - 1 Pompey - 7/3/2008 8:17:30 PM   
Flatulent_Bob

Jagielka should be right back everyday of the week.

Don't rate Hibbert at all, although I would admit my bias to Jags.  His best position is as fullback, I just wish Everton would play him there more often and buy a good centre half. 

I'm your huckleberry...

All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

(in reply to Toby Monroe)
Post #: 159
RE: Everton 3 - 1 Pompey - 8/3/2008 10:29:51 AM   
jay13

quote:

ORIGINAL: Toby Monroe

Cahill's 'goal' was sweet.

He put it in the back of the net twice :D,

other than that poor performance from the lads, when we know they can do so much better than that. Fiorentina outclassed us. Howard only got man of the match because he was the only one that did anything, and as for Yobo it looked like he had stepped back in time and was performing lke he was a couple of seasons ago.

Never mind though, being an optimist if we get an early goal at Goodison you never know what might happen.

(in reply to Toby Monroe)
Post #: 160
RE: Everton 3 - 1 Pompey - 8/3/2008 1:22:40 PM   
Fritz Lang

Dont worry guys.We will crush the Italians in Goodison Park next week.GO BLUES!!!!!!!!!

All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. That's how far the world is from where I am. Just one bad day. You had a bad day once. Am I right? You had a bad day and everything changed.

(in reply to jay13)
Post #: 161
RE: Everton 3 - 1 Pompey - 8/3/2008 3:26:37 PM   
Harry Lime

I've just gathered the emotional strength to write this. Sweet Jebus, we were awful on Thursday night. Dreadful. We looked laboured, our passing was diabolical, we kept putting pressure on ourselves and we looked terrified whenever Fiorentina got the ball. We froze and they outclassed us. We can count ourselves lucky that we're going back to Goodison with just a two goal deficit.

Firstly, it has become patently clear that we need a an athletic, international class right back. Hibberts a good clubman and will do a job when asked to but he is not a first choice in my eyes. Neville is worse. He lacks any pace and his crossing is absolutely abysmal and just because he's club captain it doesn't mean that he should be accomodated just for the sake of it.

Secondly, Jolean Lescott is not a left back. Moyes has to bite the bullet and make the choice between Jagielka, Lescott and Yobo at the centre back berth and Baines should be locked down in the left back role.

Thirdly. Defensive midfield. I love Lee Carsley. Alongside Arteta and Cahill, he is one of Moyes' best three signings. He's commited, breaks up play and always looks for the simple pass. Unfortunately I believe that age is just catching up with him and we desperately need somebody to take up his mantle.

Here's what I think our best team will be if Moyes makes a couple of key signings.

GK. Howard

RB. NEW     CB. Lescott    CB. Jagielka/ Yobo    LB. Baines

DM. NEW

RM. Arteta    CM. Cahill     LM. Pienaar

ST. Yakubu   ST. Johnson

SUBS:

Wessels
Jagielka/ Yobo
Neville/ Carsley
Osman/ Fernandes (if  the real Fernandes stands up before his loan ends)
Anichebe/ Vaughan/ Baxter

Incidently, I take it that you've heard that James Vaughan has been ruled out for the rest of the season again. Same knee that ruled him out for six months last year. I'm really concerned about this. He's a promising young player but this knee could dog his whole career. I think Moyes should start bringing Jose Baxter through next season. Maybe a bit of league cup experience and get him around the first team players.

"People think I have an interesting walk. Hell, I'm just trying to hold my gut in."

If I get there early will it be the right time
our heaven is just waiting so put your hand into mine.

(in reply to Fritz Lang)
Post #: 162
RE: Everton 3 - 1 Pompey - 8/3/2008 6:49:13 PM   
kenada_woo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Harry Lime

I've just gathered the emotional strength to write this. Sweet Jebus, we were awful on Thursday night. Dreadful. We looked laboured, our passing was diabolical, we kept putting pressure on ourselves and we looked terrified whenever Fiorentina got the ball. We froze and they outclassed us. We can count ourselves lucky that we're going back to Goodison with just a two goal deficit.

Firstly, it has become patently clear that we need a an athletic, international class right back. Hibberts a good clubman and will do a job when asked to but he is not a first choice in my eyes. Neville is worse. He lacks any pace and his crossing is absolutely abysmal and just because he's club captain it doesn't mean that he should be accomodated just for the sake of it.

Secondly, Jolean Lescott is not a left back. Moyes has to bite the bullet and make the choice between Jagielka, Lescott and Yobo at the centre back berth and Baines should be locked down in the left back role.

Thirdly. Defensive midfield. I love Lee Carsley. Alongside Arteta and Cahill, he is one of Moyes' best three signings. He's commited, breaks up play and always looks for the simple pass. Unfortunately I believe that age is just catching up with him and we desperately need somebody to take up his mantle.

Here's what I think our best team will be if Moyes makes a couple of key signings.

GK. Howard

RB. NEW     CB. Lescott    CB. Jagielka/ Yobo    LB. Baines

DM. NEW

RM. Arteta    CM. Cahill     LM. Pienaar

ST. Yakubu   ST. Johnson

SUBS:

Wessels
Jagielka/ Yobo
Neville/ Carsley
Osman/ Fernandes (if  the real Fernandes stands up before his loan ends)
Anichebe/ Vaughan/ Baxter

Incidently, I take it that you've heard that James Vaughan has been ruled out for the rest of the season again. Same knee that ruled him out for six months last year. I'm really concerned about this. He's a promising young player but this knee could dog his whole career. I think Moyes should start bringing Jose Baxter through next season. Maybe a bit of league cup experience and get him around the first team players.

I agree in some respect.  Jags has been a revelation at CB but so as Lescott who is also a great left back but is looking a little uncomfortable there.  Lescott wants to be in CB and Baines has had a niggling injury to his ankle all season, Nuno Valente lacks pace.  I think the big disappointment was Yobo the other night, he just looses concentration too many times.  

But I do prefer Nev at right back at the moment over Hibbo.  Its a straight forward job for him being that the mid gives him too much space to actually use his limited footballing brain and he backs up Arteta well.  When Hibbo was suspended and injured Nev replaced him and we hadnt let a goal past us in the League since January - Hibbo comes in and Nev is a bit useless being played in Midfield we let in sloppy goals.

Who plays in the center is a big problem.  The Arteta, Osman, Pienaar with Cahill in front has been excellent for most of the season, with Arteta and Pienaar swapping sides all the time, untill injuries and the african nations popped up.  Osman has done excellently in the centre of the pitch, even stepping up for an england cap by media reports.  Cahill is great but loves to be forward more, he's not the greatest passer either but he can hold and win the ball, so either of the two would work. 

On the subject of DM rumour has it we're eyeing this monster  - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EL_bZAdOKhk

LORIK "The destructor" CANA for 5mill.  But have competition from Bayern Munich and Roma. He looks something speical and he's only 24.

(in reply to Harry Lime)
Post #: 163
RE: Everton 3 - 1 Pompey - 10/3/2008 10:35:54 AM   
Fritz Lang

Great away victory against Sunderland yesterday!!!!!!Champions Leaque here we come!!!!!!!!!!!

All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. That's how far the world is from where I am. Just one bad day. You had a bad day once. Am I right? You had a bad day and everything changed.

(in reply to kenada_woo)
Post #: 164
RE: Everton 3 - 1 Pompey - 10/3/2008 11:21:02 AM   
Spectre

quote:

ORIGINAL: Fritz Lang

Great away victory against Sunderland yesterday!!!!!!Champions Leaque here we come!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, you seem to be able to keep picking up the points in the league. Pienaar was lucky not to end up with an horrific injury following Bardsley's challenge. Of course no further action can be taken against this because he was booked.

(in reply to Fritz Lang)
Post #: 165
RE: Everton 3 - 1 Pompey - 10/3/2008 1:10:00 PM   
Fritz Lang

I just can't wait for the Anfield match.All i wish is for a decent referi.Not like the one in Goodison Park

(in reply to Spectre)
Post #: 166
RE: Everton 3 - 1 Pompey - 12/3/2008 2:41:11 PM   
jay13

Nervous about tonight guys 

Hope the players can give us a big performance, COYB

2-0 to us and going to Extra time i hope

(in reply to Fritz Lang)
Post #: 167
RE: Everton 3 - 1 Pompey - 12/3/2008 6:57:09 PM   
kenada_woo

It is nervous but I hope if we're gonna go out we go out fighting.

Oh and the added bouns of Lescott signing with us till 2012 has made me a happy boy hehehe

(in reply to jay13)
Post #: 168
RE: Everton 3 - 1 Pompey - 12/3/2008 8:18:12 PM   
Rinc

quote:

ORIGINAL: Fritz Lang

I just can't wait for the Anfield match.All i wish is for a decent referi.Not like the one in Goodison Park

Or the one at Goodison last season.

No spoilers please:

Invisiotext:
[ color=#F1F1F1 ]text[ /color ]

(in reply to Fritz Lang)
Post #: 169
RE: Everton 3 - 1 Pompey - 12/3/2008 9:11:31 PM   
Felix

2-2!! What a strike by Arteta! Come on Everton, you can do it!

[This space for rent] -

(in reply to Rinc)
Post #: 170
RE: Everton 3 - 1 Pompey - 12/3/2008 10:25:41 PM   
Harry Lime

Fuck.

"People think I have an interesting walk. Hell, I'm just trying to hold my gut in."

If I get there early will it be the right time
our heaven is just waiting so put your hand into mine.

(in reply to Felix)
Post #: 171
RE: Everton 3 - 1 Pompey - 12/3/2008 10:36:07 PM   
Walkerboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Harry Lime

Fuck.

As a Spurs fan, I know your pain!

"The Internet is a communication tool used the world over where people can come together to bitch about movies and share pornography with one another."

(in reply to Harry Lime)
Post #: 172
RE: Everton 3 - 1 Pompey - 12/3/2008 11:07:44 PM   
kenada_woo

Am I dissappointed we're out?  Yep.
Am I dissappointed we went out on Peno's?  Nope, never fancied us with them.
Am I dissappointed with the performance?  FUCK NO!!!

I didnt think we had a chance against but tonight we outclassed and outplayed a side that is rarely been shat upon in SerieA like we just did on them tonight.

The boys can hold their heads up high.  It was mission impossible that almost became mission compeleted.  I for one am not upset with the boys tonight.

At least we dont have to bribe a reff like the Red Shite have to

(in reply to Walkerboy)
Post #: 173
RE: Everton 3 - 1 Pompey - 13/3/2008 8:36:14 AM   
theram05

quote:

ORIGINAL: kenada_woo

Am I dissappointed we're out?  Yep.
Am I dissappointed we went out on Peno's?  Nope, never fancied us with them.
Am I dissappointed with the performance?  FUCK NO!!!

I didnt think we had a chance against but tonight we outclassed and outplayed a side that is rarely been shat upon in SerieA like we just did on them tonight.

The boys can hold their heads up high.  It was mission impossible that almost became mission compeleted.  I for one am not upset with the boys tonight.

At least we dont have to bribe a reff like the Red Shite have to

Smiley or no smiley that really shows a fair ol chip on the shoulder.

Hard luck last night, never fancied Jagielka.

(in reply to kenada_woo)
Post #: 174
RE: Everton 3 - 1 Pompey - 13/3/2008 8:41:10 AM   
Flatulent_Bob

I think its quite fair for Everton to have a little chip on their shoulders after Liverpool fans actions cost Everton there greatest chance at European glory.  Especially given how much the Liverpool fans ram it down everyone elses throats. 5 times or something I can't remember the worlds exactly.
Everton had the best team in the league by some distance and yet had to sell most of it off as they couldn't offer European compeition.  If that happend to my team and then I had to listen the my rival fans gloating I think I'd be a little bitter.

< Message edited by Flatulent_Bob -- 13/3/2008 8:42:37 AM >

I'm your huckleberry...

(in reply to theram05)
Post #: 175
RE: Everton 3 - 1 Pompey - 13/3/2008 8:48:34 AM   
theram05

When did Liverpool bribe a ref?

Post #: 176
RE: Everton 3 - 1 Pompey - 13/3/2008 9:25:13 AM   
Flatulent_Bob

quote:

ORIGINAL: theram05

I think he might be talking about the two sending offs that should never of been.
Or the two penalties they should of had in the Derby.

Then again maybe it was just a jokey comment.

I'm your huckleberry...

(in reply to theram05)
Post #: 177
RE: Everton 3 - 1 Pompey - 13/3/2008 9:28:11 AM   
theram05

quote:

ORIGINAL: Flatulent_Bob

quote:

I think he might be talking about the two sending offs that should never of been.

I just find it to be a bit childish to be honest. I know all about living in a shadow and having drivel shoved down your throat. We were celebrating a Div 2 Play Off Final the year Utd won the league, we all have shit to put up with. Get on with it.

Post #: 178
RE: Everton 3 - 1 Pompey - 13/3/2008 9:35:27 AM   
Flatulent_Bob

quote:

quote:

quote:

I just find it to be a bit childish to be honest. I know all about living in a shadow and having drivel shoved down your throat. We were celebrating a Div 2 Play Off Final the year Utd won the league, we all have shit to put up with. Get on with it.

C'mon Rammy you can't be claiming the no City fans have a chip towards United.

I'm your huckleberry...

(in reply to theram05)
Post #: 179
RE: Everton 3 - 1 Pompey - 13/3/2008 9:38:09 AM   
theram05

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

C'mon Rammy you can't be claiming the no City fans have a chip towards United.

I dont doubt they do, doesnt mean it doesnt piss me off as much. I accept my lot as a City fan, I wish others would too.

Post #: 180
Page:   <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: Everton 3 - 1 Pompey Page: <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI