Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Everton

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: Everton Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Everton - 14/8/2007 9:42:15 PM   
Professor Moriarty

quote:

ORIGINAL: Flatulent_Bob

I think Arsenal will be 3rd with Tottenham Newcastle and Man City pushing for 5th. 

quote:

ORIGINAL: jonson

Do the dullest team in the Premiership really warrant their own thread?

only saw the 1st half but thought Everton were far from boring and watching Arteta is a joy

(in reply to Flatulent_Bob)
Post #: 31
RE: Everton - 14/8/2007 9:52:09 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

Where's Harry Lime when you need him to express some much needed stability to a thread?

Empires Top 100 Movie Characters of All Time! - VOTE NOW by clicking HERE

(in reply to Professor Moriarty)
Post #: 32
RE: Everton - 14/8/2007 10:06:52 PM   
pablohoolio

Arteta is almost too good for Everton!
They played really well tonight I thought, and deserved the win. I thought Tottenham weren't great though, shows that £40m doesn't necessarily make a good side. No creativity at all second half.

(BTW, yes I'm a Liverpool fan and it grates to praise Everton, but the rest of my family are blues so I have to humour them occasionally!)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Carlito Brigante

And not forget that if it wasn't for Heysel Everton history and the English football history would be different today...

Yawn. Leave the pathetic snipes to one side please Carlito. Oh, whats that? I've spotted something on your shoulder......

< Message edited by pablohoolio -- 14/8/2007 10:32:36 PM >

"It's all.... part of the plan...."

(in reply to Your Funny Uncle)
Post #: 33
RE: Everton - 14/8/2007 10:09:28 PM   
pablohoolio

quote:

Do you remember the last time you visit Goodison Park, reds?

3-0!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE BLUES RULES...

Er, if this is the kind of intelligent discusssion we'll get in here I may give it a miss.....unless of course you are 12 or under in which case I forgive you.

(in reply to Carlito Brigante)
Post #: 34
RE: Everton - 14/8/2007 10:30:01 PM   
Felix

quote:

ORIGINAL: pablohoolio

quote:

And not forget that if it wasn't for Heysel Everton history and the English football history would be different today...

Fuckin yawn. Leave the pathetic snipes to one side please Carlito.

I wouldnt call it a pathetic snipe, I'd call it a valid point, as much as it pains me to say it.

If it wasnt for English clubs being thrown out of Europe, then Everton would have been playing in the European Cup. You can't argue with that.

[This space for rent] -

(in reply to pablohoolio)
Post #: 35
RE: Everton - 14/8/2007 10:34:37 PM   
pablohoolio

quote:

ORIGINAL: Felix

quote:

quote:

Fuckin yawn. Leave the pathetic snipes to one side please Carlito.

I wouldnt call it a pathetic snipe, I'd call it a valid point, as much as it pains me to say it.

If it wasnt for English clubs being thrown out of Europe, then Everton would have been playing in the European Cup. You can't argue with that.

So bringing up the Heysel disaster in a newly started thread about Everton in 2007, completely out of the blue and totally nothing at all to do with anything really, isn't a snipe? (along with the 3-0 to the blues!). Its all a bit sad.....but any excuse eh?

< Message edited by pablohoolio -- 14/8/2007 10:35:52 PM >

(in reply to Felix)
Post #: 36
RE: Everton - 14/8/2007 10:37:15 PM   
Felix

It didnt deserve that response though. You could have debated it but instead chose the usual 'defend Liverpool at all costs route'. 

Have you read the letters page on Football365 today?

[This space for rent] -

Post #: 37
RE: Everton - 14/8/2007 10:43:28 PM   
pablohoolio

quote:

It didnt deserve that response though. You could have debated it but instead chose the usual 'defend Liverpool at all costs route'. 

Have you read the letters page on Football365 today?

Er, so you think I should have 'debated' a 22 year old incident that was completley unessesarily brought up that had nothing to do with the discussion (but wasn't a snipe mind)?
It's funny that you always have a pop at me for 'defending Liverpool at all costs' when you always seem to pop up when someone does have a go at them.

Funny that....

< Message edited by pablohoolio -- 14/8/2007 10:45:20 PM >

(in reply to Felix)
Post #: 38
RE: Everton - 14/8/2007 10:45:59 PM   
Felix

Always? Seems a bit silly when obviously not true...

Someone has to stand up against you bloody scousers...

[This space for rent] -

Post #: 39
RE: Everton - 14/8/2007 10:53:11 PM   
pablohoolio

quote:

Always? Seems a bit silly when obviously not true...

Someone has to stand up against you bloody scousers...

We don't need standing up to, we're friendly really!
Hate to say it, and my brother (a blue) keeps rubbing it in that Alonso persuaded him to join Everton, but Arteta was superb again tonight. Arteta on the right for Liverpool? In my dreams...... Never really rated Osman, but he's playing well. Still looks to lightweight though.

(in reply to Felix)
Post #: 40
RE: Everton - 15/8/2007 10:06:48 AM   
jonson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Professor Moriarty

quote:

ORIGINAL: jonson

Do the dullest team in the Premiership really warrant their own thread?

only saw the 1st half but thought Everton were far from boring and watching Arteta is a joy

I shall rescind that quote, at least until next week anwyay.
A flying start and for stuffing Tottenham last night I can only be thankful. Well done.

I've got all the Barbie ones!!!

Yeah but you're old. Really old. Old. Old. Old. Old.

Post #: 41
RE: Everton - 15/8/2007 2:27:31 PM   
Carlito Brigante

3-1 away victory against Totenham last night!!!!!!!!GO BLUES!!!!!!!Just bring us the reds now that we are hot...

"Madness is the emergency exit — you can just walk out on all the horrible things that happened and lock them away forever!"

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 42
RE: Everton - 15/8/2007 2:32:16 PM   
Carlito Brigante

quote:

quote:

Yawn. Leave the pathetic snipes to one side please Carlito. Oh, whats that? I've spotted something on your shoulder......

Pathetic snipe?Are you denying that if it wasnt for Heyzel the history of the English football would be better today?

As for the pic you posted i am not English so i didnt get it.Can you expain to me what the sherif pic means?

"Madness is the emergency exit — you can just walk out on all the horrible things that happened and lock them away forever!"

Post #: 43
RE: Everton - 15/8/2007 2:49:02 PM   
brightlight

It's Erik Astrada from Chips, as in you have one on your shoulder.

Post #: 44
RE: Everton - 15/8/2007 9:27:00 PM   
Carlito Brigante

"We don't care what the **** say"...lol...Gerand...what a joke...lol

(in reply to brightlight)
Post #: 45
RE: Everton - 15/8/2007 9:28:13 PM   
Carlito Brigante

OK honestly now.I am the only Everton fan here, right?

Post #: 46
RE: Everton - 15/8/2007 9:36:05 PM   
Felix

I think you've scared the other one off.

[This space for rent] -

Post #: 47
RE: Everton - 16/8/2007 11:15:07 AM   
Flatulent_Bob

quote:

OK honestly now.I am the only Everton fan here, right?

No you are just the only one who would spout shit like

quote:

"We don't care what the **** say"...lol...Gerand...what a joke...lol

I'd happily talk about Everton, what a great job Moyes has done and how I'd love them to do well. But I stayed away from posting it because I didn't want to get into a discussion about how Liverpool are shite and how they robbed you of your European glory years.
I agree in some way with you sentiments about the ban but not the way you approach the subject.

I'm your huckleberry...

All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Oh my God! They banned Kenny!

Post #: 48
RE: Everton - 16/8/2007 11:40:03 AM   
Rinc

quote:

Are you denying that if it wasnt for Heyzel the history of the English football would be better today?

And if Adolf Hitler hadn't invaded Poland the world would be better today as well.

And if the Black Death hadn't occured the world would be better today.

And if 9/11 hadn't happened the world would be better today.

I could go on.

If anything good can be taken form Heysel and indeed Hillsborough then it's that English hooliganism is just a fraction of what it was in the 80s and our stadiums now are very safe and nothing like those events will happen again. But i firmly believe that if those events hadn't of happened then other disasters would have until football cleaned up its act.

And i'd appreciate it Carlito that if you're going to refer to a disaster and go on about its importance that you at least spell it right.

No spoilers please:

Invisiotext:
[ color=#F1F1F1 ]text[ /color ]

Post #: 49
RE: Everton - 16/8/2007 4:26:06 PM   
Carlito Brigante

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rinc

quote:

Are you denying that if it wasnt for Heyzel the history of the English football would be better today?

And if Adolf Hitler hadn't invaded Poland the world would be better today as well.

And if the Black Death hadn't occured the world would be better today.

And if 9/11 hadn't happened the world would be better today.

I could go on.

If anything good can be taken form Heysel and indeed Hillsborough then it's that English hooliganism is just a fraction of what it was in the 80s and our stadiums now are very safe and nothing like those events will happen again. But i firmly believe that if those events hadn't of happened then other disasters would have until football cleaned up its act.

And i'd appreciate it Carlito that if you're going to refer to a disaster and go on about its importance that you at least spell it right.
Heysel(spell it right?) was Liverpool fans doing.It had nothing to do with Everton or any other English team.But we pay the same price as Liverpool.Why?You dont have an answer do you?Even an answer that is not spell right will be welcome...

(in reply to Rinc)
Post #: 50
RE: Everton - 16/8/2007 4:30:05 PM   
Carlito Brigante

As for my feelings towards the reds i admit it.I always wonder if i hate Liverpool because i love Everton or i love Everton because i hate Liverpool...

Post #: 51
RE: Everton - 16/8/2007 5:02:36 PM   
Rinc

quote:

Heysel(spell it right?) was Liverpool fans doing.It had nothing to do with Everton or any other English team.But we pay the same price as Liverpool.Why?You dont have an answer do you?Even an answer that is not spell right will be welcome...

Erm, i actually wonder if you're as ignorant as you seem or you're just acting this way to get a rise out of people. Do you actually know the causes of the Heysel Disaster? And do you know that the ban wasn't just a knee jerk reaction to the disaster but in fact the diaster was the last straw after English hooligans had caused countless trouble across Europe in the previous years. English hooliganism was the worst in Europe and Uefa banned English clubs as a result of all the trouble. It wasn't just Heysel.

Here's a bit of a history lesson for you in regards to Heysel. Now i'm not going to defend the Liverpool hooligans, no way. They were a stain on the game and on the club and i hope they feel the guilt of the deaths for the rest of their lives. But they weren't the only reason for the deaths.

1. Heysel was an old and dilapidated stadium and should never have hosted a game as big as that. Can you imagine a wall collapsing in a major stadium these days? It would never happen, especially in English football, even if fans were crushed against it. However, stadium conditions weren't as strict then and safety of the fans was often a low priority. In fact fans actually used the crumbling concrete of the stadium to throw at each other.

2. Liverpool and Juventus fans were throwing missiles at each other which culminated in Liverpool fans charging them. Once again i'm not going to defend the Liverpool hooligans but all too often Liverpool fans have been blamed 100% for this, as if the Juventus fans were angels. Whose to say if the Juventus fans had charged the Liverpool fans that the Liverpool fans wouldn't have been crushed by a wall on their side of the terrace? It was just extremely unfortunate and sad that it was the Juventus fans and i'm sure the Liverpool fans there thank God it wasn't them.

There are many other factors such as poor policing, too many drunk fans, the events of the final the previous year when Liverpool fans were attacked across Rome by the Roma fans. However, that might be too much for you to take in.

Heysel was the straw that broke the camel's back in terms of English hooliganism. If it was all Liverpool fans' fault how come hooliganism is called the 'English Disease' and not the 'Liverpool Disease'? There were unfortunately Liverpool hooligans and they are a major part of why 39 fans died at Heysel, but it could have happened to any English club in the 80s. With the poor stadiums and the English love of fighting it is quite likely that if Heysel hadn't of happened then it would have happened in another stadium in another country involving another set of fans. It seems your blind ignorance of everthing Liverpool FC because of your love for Everton is out of control. You seem to me like one of those people who'd support an Old Firm team and fully embrace all the sickening Sectarian chanting and violence because of your 'love' for your club and your 'hatred' of the rivals.

No spoilers please:

Invisiotext:

Post #: 52
RE: Everton - 16/8/2007 5:18:26 PM   
kaner316

quote:

quote:

Erm, i actually wonder if you're as ignorant as you seem or you're just acting this way to get a rise out of people. Do you actually know the causes of the Heysel Disaster? And do you know that the ban wasn't just a knee jerk reaction to the disaster but in fact the diaster was the last straw after English hooligans had caused countless trouble across Europe in the previous years. English hooliganism was the worst in Europe and Uefa banned English clubs as a result of all the trouble. It wasn't just Heysel.

Here's a bit of a history lesson for you in regards to Heysel. Now i'm not going to defend the Liverpool hooligans, no way. They were a stain on the game and on the club and i hope they feel the guilt of the deaths for the rest of their lives. But they weren't the only reason for the deaths.

1. Heysel was an old and dilapidated stadium and should never have hosted a game as big as that. Can you imagine a wall collapsing in a major stadium these days? It would never happen, especially in English football, even if fans were crushed against it. However, stadium conditions weren't as strict then and safety of the fans was often a low priority. In fact fans actually used the crumbling concrete of the stadium to throw at each other.

2. Liverpool and Juventus fans were throwing missiles at each other which culminated in Liverpool fans charging them. Once again i'm not going to defend the Liverpool hooligans but all too often Liverpool fans have been blamed 100% for this, as if the Juventus fans were angels. Whose to say if the Juventus fans had charged the Liverpool fans that the Liverpool fans wouldn't have been crushed by a wall on their side of the terrace? It was just extremely unfortunate and sad that it was the Juventus fans and i'm sure the Liverpool fans there thank God it wasn't them.

There are many other factors such as poor policing, too many drunk fans, the events of the final the previous year when Liverpool fans were attacked across Rome by the Roma fans. However, that might be too much for you to take in.

Heysel was the straw that broke the camel's back in terms of English hooliganism. If it was all Liverpool fans' fault how come hooliganism is called the 'English Disease' and not the 'Liverpool Disease'? There were unfortunately Liverpool hooligans and they are a major part of why 39 fans died at Heysel, but it could have happened to any English club in the 80s. With the poor stadiums and the English love of fighting it is quite likely that if Heysel hadn't of happened then it would have happened in another stadium in another country involving another set of fans. It seems your blind ignorance of everthing Liverpool FC because of your love for Everton is out of control. You seem to me like one of those people who'd support an Old Firm team and fully embrace all the sickening Sectarian chanting and violence because of your 'love' for your club and your 'hatred' of the rivals.

just to add to your stadium point Rinc, Liverpool FC petitioned UEFA prior to the game to have i moved from Heysel, as they felt it was unfit for the match, on crowd safety grounds, petitions that were rejected.

With rgards to the rioting, the scumbags that caused the deaths don't deserve to associate themselves with Liverpool FC, they don't even deserve to be called human beings. However, the club has made numerous attempts to bridge that gap, culminating in the gestures made in the run up to the CL Quarter Final in 2005

people talk about justice for the 96, but never foget the 39 Juve fans who died that night, and anyone who uses it as a weapon in a plurile little internet slagging match need to have a word with themselves.

Bartlet: What do we do with him?
Sam: Make him the Ambassador to Paraguay.
Bartlet: What do we do with the Ambassador to Paraguay?
Sam: Make him Ambassador to Bulgaria.
Bartlet: I like this. Because, if everybody keeps moving up one, I can go home

(in reply to Rinc)
Post #: 53
RE: Everton - 16/8/2007 5:23:47 PM   
Professor Moriarty

Geez, I can't believe this.

Here we have a club that was the last team outside Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool and Manchester United to finish in the top 4.  Has one of the best managers in the Premiership.  Was historically one of the top 5 teams in Englad.  Is in the UEFA Cup.  Should be a challenger for a top 6 and possibly even a contender for 4th in the Premiership this year.  Has one of the best midfielders on show in a small but well organised squad and we are talking about Heysel.  Not that Heysel wasn't an important event, but its so backward looking its not true.

(in reply to Rinc)
Post #: 54
RE: Everton - 16/8/2007 5:27:07 PM   
kaner316

quote:

Here we have a club that was the last team outside Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool and Manchester United to finish in the top 4.  Has one of the best managers in the Premiership.  Was historically one of the top 5 teams in Englad.  Is in the UEFA Cup.  Should be a challenger for a top 6 and possibly even a contender for 4th in the Premiership this year.  Has one of the best midfielders on show in a small but well organised squad and we are talking about Heysel.  Not that Heysel wasn't an important event, but its so backward looking its not true.

i just hate that people use it as a pathetic little weapon in anonymous internet slaging matches. I used to post on 606 and you couldn't go a day without it being thrown in your face. I won't have anyone take a tragedy like that and throw it about willy nilly.

on the whole though, you're right, we are going way off topic. 

Bartlet: What do we do with him?
Sam: Make him the Ambassador to Paraguay.
Bartlet: What do we do with the Ambassador to Paraguay?
Sam: Make him Ambassador to Bulgaria.
Bartlet: I like this. Because, if everybody keeps moving up one, I can go home

Post #: 55
RE: Everton - 16/8/2007 5:27:33 PM   
Rhubarb

This might actually be the worst thread I've ever seen.

Team Ginge
WWLD?

quote:

ORIGINAL: FritzlFan

You organisational skills sicken me, Rhubarb.

Post #: 56
RE: Everton - 16/8/2007 5:33:36 PM   
Rinc

quote:

I know and i'm sorry about my off topic posts but i felt a response was needed to this idiot. I'm going to stay away from Heysel chat now and just talk about football. As it happens (and i hope you're reading this Carlito) i hate/intensely dislike Everton amongst other teams (Man Utd, Chelsea, Spurs) but i can appreciate when they play nice football and i respect them. Unfortunately there are fans like Carlito that can't see past their hatred.

Now back on topic. You're right about Arteta Professor he's fantastic. And he reputedly lived on the same street and went to the same school as Alonso and they've been friends most of their life.

No spoilers please:

Invisiotext:

Post #: 57
RE: Everton - 16/8/2007 8:55:32 PM   
pablohoolio

quote:

But 25 years on you bring it up in an Everton discussion? Why? Or are you just another bitter, bitter fan trying deperatley to use a decades old disaster as a way of proving a point?

My family are Evertonians but would never bring shit like that up purely to get at Liverpool fans (and not just because I'm the 'black sheep' of the family!). What exactly does it have to do with Everton this season? As Rinc said, whats the point in bringing it up, or are you incapable of discussing Everton without bringing Liverpool into it?

Lets try eh? Everton have started the season brilliantly, Osman, looks a bit lightweight but playing really well, and Arteta is a great player. Everton have some excellent midfielders, Cahill, Arteta, Fernandes if they get him. I think that they need to sign a striker, not sure Anichebe and Johnson are enough for them, but they are a good side and Moyes has done brilliantly really since he's been there.

See Carlito, not hard is it?

quote:

Now back on topic. You're right about Arteta Professor he's fantastic. And he reputedly lived on the same street and went to the same school as Alonso and they've been friends most of their life.

AND he convinced Arteta to join Everton! *shakes fist at Alonso*. If I had a choice of Pennant, Benayoun, as decent as they are, or Arteta, I'd take Arteta any day. So curse you Xabi!!

< Message edited by pablohoolio -- 16/8/2007 9:00:31 PM >

Post #: 58
RE: Everton - 17/8/2007 3:28:17 PM   
Carlito Brigante

We should not get too carried away with our start to the season and to be fare to most blues we haven't.
We have started well, we need to keep getting the points on the board as it will be hard to play with the same tempo on Thursday/Sunday come the Uefa cup.
We have made solid signings and with the news over lunchtime could be adding a couple more in Manny and Yak.
These will help and say in quietly but we could be in for a good season ...

Post #: 59
RE: Everton - 17/8/2007 3:30:57 PM   
Carlito Brigante

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rhubarb

This might actually be the worst thread I've ever seen.
OK this is starting to sound like a clise.Must everytime i start a thread someone post that is the worst thread he ever seen?Give me a break...

(in reply to Rhubarb)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: Everton Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI