Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Everton Transfer Rumors 08

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: Everton Transfer Rumors 08 Page: <<   < prev  11 12 [13] 14 15   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Everton Transfer Rumors 08 - 11/2/2010 9:08:13 PM   
Harry Lime

Awww, Stevens and Steven. I feel all emotional too, TM. That was such a great team. Southall in goal, Ratcliffe at the heart of defence, Stevens and Steven up the right, Van der Hauwe and the pristine left foot of Sheedy up the left, Reid and Bracewell bossing the middle and Graeme Sharp up front. Just awesome.

Yeah. Johnny H is starting to show his class now. He was as solid as a rock against Drogba last night. I thought Distin looked a bit shaky again though. And Bilyaletdinov was blowing out his arse a good ten minutes before Moyes hauled him off. He was totally spent. Baines was propping that left flank up through most of the second half.

If Jags does get back, what do you reckon our strongest side would be? I reckon it will be this (praying that we secure Donovan on a longer basis, obviously)....

----------------------------- Howard -----------------------------

Neville-------- Heitinga -------- Jagielka -------- Baines

----------------------------- Fellaini----------------------------
Donovan-------------------------------------------------Pienaar
---------------------Arteta-------------Cahill--------------- ------

-------------------------------- Saha--------------------------------

Bench:

GK. Nash
Def: Coleman, Hibbert, Duffy, Distin, Senderos, Yobo
Mid: Osman, Bilyaletdinov, Gosling, Rodwell
Att: Yakubu, Vaughan, Anichebe, Baxter

That actually looks like a pretty formidable squad Moyes has built up to me. Especially with the young guns of Coleman, Duffy, Rodwell and Baxter still coming through.

"People think I have an interesting walk. Hell, I'm just trying to hold my gut in."

If I get there early will it be the right time
our heaven is just waiting so put your hand into mine.

(in reply to Toby Monroe)
Post #: 361
RE: Everton Transfer Rumors 08 - 20/2/2010 2:34:47 PM   
Harry Lime

3-1!!!

Get the fuck in! Jack Rodwell, I love you!!!

"People think I have an interesting walk. Hell, I'm just trying to hold my gut in."

(in reply to Harry Lime)
Post #: 362
RE: Everton Transfer Rumors 08 - 20/2/2010 3:10:10 PM   
kenada_woo

Speechless here mate.

http://dereksdontrunfilms.blogspot.co.uk/

"You bailed out a Jamaican street named Monkey the other day, I want him. This other piece of shit, Screwface, I want him. I know you're a scumbag and a puke, I don't mind that, but give me what I need and I'll leave here a nice guy. If you don't, I'm gonna fuck you up. "

Hatcher. Marked For Death

(in reply to Harry Lime)
Post #: 363
Everton FC 2009-10 - 20/2/2010 8:17:35 PM   
Harry Lime

Me too, mate.

We're just playing with such confidence at the minute. Since the new year, we've beaten Chelsea, Manchester Utd and Manchester City and drawn with Arsenal. That's ten points from twelve taken from the top four teams in the country in the last six weeks. With just one defeat in the last twelve matches, I'd argue that we're the form club in the premiership at the moment.

Other than making our lame performance against Liverpool all the more galling, that is champions league qualification form right there. If we hadn't had such a terrible start we would be right up in the mix right for fourth now. Maybe even third.

I still believe that champions league qualification is a very faint possibility. A lot depends on whether one of those above us can take the bull by the horns, obviously, but we have two things in our favour. Firstly, we've got key players (Jagielka and Cahill) to return for the run-in, plus Arteta is still only getting his legs back after that long spell out. His influence is already being seen on the pitch now and it will be like having a new player all over again when he finds that extra 10%.

More crucially, we have no real big guns left to face. We have Tottenham at White Hart Lane next week. A tough match, but win there would really put us in a superb position for a charge to the finish line. After that it is Hull, Birmingham, Bolton, Wolves and West Ham before a six-pointer against Aston Villa, and then Blackburn, Fulham, Stoke and (finally) Portsmouth on the last day of the season. We've also got to slip a re-arranged fixture against Manchester City in there somewhere too.

Now, I know there are no easy matches at this level, but I think any club would take that as their final third of the season. To my mind there are three crucial matches (Spurs, Villa, Manchester City - all away) and three big potential banana skins (Birmingham and Stoke away, Fulham at home) in that run-in. Take ten points from those and I think we can secure a Europa League place. Take fifteen or over, and I genuinely believe we have a shout at Champions League spot.

Add to that our Europa League campaign and it makes for a very exciting few months ahead for Everton FC. Yes, that late away goal we conceded has given me a little cause for concern for the second leg against Sporting Lisbon, as has the suspension of Distin. However, we are a better team than them and are in better form. We go to Portugal with a 2-1 advantage. If we play with our usual level of commitment and adopt an attacking approach, I have no doubt we have the beating of them. We just need an early goal.

(in reply to kenada_woo)
Post #: 364
RE: Everton FC 2009-10 - 21/2/2010 3:55:17 PM   
kenada_woo

Im not getting too carried away with getting a Champs League spot. Too many variables and needing teams to drop points to get that. I think Landon Donovan going on the 15th March will be a big blow...he adds much needed pace and is a handful.

The way this season has been I'll be happy with Europa League qualification with a 7th or 6th finish....

Oh and winning the Europa League.

"You bailed out a Jamaican street named Monkey the other day, I want him. This other piece of shit, Screwface, I want him. I know you're a scumbag and a puke, I don't mind that, but give me what I need and I'll leave here a nice guy. If you don't, I'm gonna fuck you up. "

(in reply to Harry Lime)
Post #: 365
RE: Everton FC 2009-10 - 21/2/2010 4:04:33 PM   
Felix

Post when you're winning, you only post when you're winning....

[This space for rent] -

(in reply to kenada_woo)
Post #: 366
RE: Everton FC 2009-10 - 21/2/2010 4:42:44 PM   
matty_b

Come on, it's not like it's the Chelsea thread...

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze
Mattyb is a shining example of what the perfect Empire Forum member is.

(in reply to Felix)
Post #: 367
RE: Everton FC 2009-10 - 26/2/2010 8:00:06 PM   
Harry Lime

Well last night was a load of shit. The only bright spot was seeing Jags in a blue shirt again. Other than that, it was utter rubbish. We set our stall out to defend our slender advantage rather than look for an early away goal that would have put the match to bed. As a result, we got the drubbing we deserved.

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 368
RE: Everton FC 2009-10 - 26/2/2010 8:09:20 PM   
matty_b

I have to say, I was surprised by Moyes's approach to the game. I thought he'd be smarter than that.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze
Mattyb is a shining example of what the perfect Empire Forum member is.

(in reply to Harry Lime)
Post #: 369
RE: Everton FC 2009-10 - 28/2/2010 5:06:11 PM   
kenada_woo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Felix

Post when you're winning, you only post when you're winning....

To be fair Im on another forum to talk footy....this is for filmage talk...

But yes, Ill post on here when we're winning hehe

(in reply to Felix)
Post #: 370
RE: Everton FC 2009-10 - 28/2/2010 6:26:16 PM   
Harry Lime

Well, back to earth with an almighty bump.

Another disappointing result today. Will have to watch the highlights later, but from what I listened to, and from reading match reports, we should have at least salvaged a point. Landon Donovan made one of the misses of the season apparently. However, football is not based on "maybes" or "should haves". It's based on results. We were lacklustre in Lisbon Thursday and we started dreadfully again today. We seem to be conceding soft early goals far too. I think that has pretty much destroyed any lingering hope we had of fourth place. However, we can still make Europa League again. Moyes just needs to get the lads back on their feet quickly.

We have already shown that we can put a run together once this season, and we have the players to do it again.

(in reply to kenada_woo)
Post #: 371
RE: Everton FC 2009-10 - 7/3/2010 7:41:15 PM   
Harry Lime

And that's the way to do it. Great result today. Hull City may be struggling at the moment, but a 5-1 victory over any opposition at this level means a lot of hard work has been put in. It was especially important to bounce back after the disappointment of squandered chances (and points) last week.

Especially pleasing to see both Jags and Mikel on the pitch together for a full 90 minutes after their horrible injuries. Both players are going to be crucial over the next two months. If Jagielka can get close to the sort of level that earned him an England call-up last year then him and Johnny H could make one of the most formidable central defensive pairings in the league. And with Sylvia Dustbin to return as well, we finally look as if we have our back four well covered.

As for Arteta, it was smashing to see him on the scoresheet again today. As I said before, he just makes us tick so much more fluidly. We've got some skill in the middle of the park already, but Arteta always offers an extra dimension.

Nice finish by Rodwell to round things off too.

The only downside about today is that it looks like Donovan's last Goodison appearance before he is forced back to Los Angeles. The sounds are that Galaxy won't lengthen his loan spell, which, to be fair, is understandable. It is a shame though. He played a huge role in our recent resurgence and his guile, pace and commitment will be sorely missed. I really hope that Moyes makes a bid for him in the summer. I get the impression that he's enjoyed his time with Everton and it would be great to see him with us permanently.

If that doesn't come off, I'm still pleased he went out with a bang with a final goal in front of the Goodison faithful.

(in reply to Harry Lime)
Post #: 372
RE: Everton FC 2009-10 - 7/3/2010 7:50:21 PM   
juanvasquez

Ya bastards. The first half looked promising. Brown should've changed the formation after half time.
It was good to see Bullard back, but didn't seem to have the confidence he's shown before.

The only live games I've seen this season have ended in thrashing! Maybe I'll wait for MOTD next time!

Check out my cult games reviews and features at Horror Cult Films

(in reply to Harry Lime)
Post #: 373
RE: Everton FC 2009-10 - 24/3/2010 11:59:30 PM   
Harry Lime

Very satisfying result tonight. Very satisfying indeed.

Haven't seen the Moyes-Mancini incident yet, but the Manchester City manager is clearly a braver man than me! You just don't fuck with an angry Scotsman. Especially one who bears a passing resemblance to Robocop.

Anyway. Next two fixtures are Wolves (away) on Saturday and the West Ham (home) the week after. Both sides will be fighting for everything but I would be mildly disappointed if we weren't to pick up six points from those and very depressed if we were to come away with less than four.

After that, it is Aston Villa away on the 10th April. I'm desperately trying not to get too far ahead but, if we maintain our form over the next two weeks, that fixture has all the hallmarks of a quintessential blood-and-thunder six-pointer in the chase for Europe.

(in reply to juanvasquez)
Post #: 374
RE: Everton FC 2009-10 - 25/3/2010 12:16:55 AM   
Olaf

< Message edited by Olaf -- 25/3/2010 12:17:32 AM >

I tried to groan, Help! Help! But the tone that came out was that of polite conversation.

Empire Top 100 Albums Poll 2013: CLICK HERE

(in reply to Harry Lime)
Post #: 375
RE: Everton FC 2009-10 - 25/3/2010 8:31:02 AM   
Rinc

quote:

ORIGINAL: Harry Lime

Haven't seen the Moyes-Mancini incident yet, but the Manchester City manager is clearly a braver man than me! You just don't fuck with an angry Scotsman. Especially one who bears a passing resemblance to Robocop.

And Lucius Vorenus!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Olaf

Looks like they're disagreeing on where to have their lunch date to me.

No spoilers please:

Invisiotext:
[ color=#F1F1F1 ]text[ /color ]

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 376
RE: Everton FC 2009-10 - 25/3/2010 9:43:03 AM   
HIM

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rinc

quote:

And Lucius Vorenus!

And Gollum:

(in reply to Rinc)
Post #: 377
RE: Everton FC 2009-10 - 25/3/2010 10:02:40 AM   
icelandicwolf

ahhh and then you come to the mighty molineux - will be a great game may the best wolves win! oops sorry....will be a great game both teams full of confidence, one looking to push for europe the other looking to make sure relegation is out of the question....i say a draw at 2-2 but wel shall see.....we shall see

this is the captain, we may experience some slight turbelence and then explode!

(in reply to HIM)
Post #: 378
RE: Everton FC 2009-10 - 26/3/2010 5:32:15 PM   
Toby Monroe

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lawro
Is there anyone in the Premier League playing better than Everton at the moment, with the exception of Arsenal?

No Lawro, there isn't. I've always felt that Mark was the most astute BBC pundit.

Fit or Fugly score: 3/10

(in reply to icelandicwolf)
Post #: 379
RE: Everton FC 2009-10 - 1/5/2010 5:36:54 PM   
Harry Lime

Sigh. A disappointing end to a disappointing season. We gave ourself far too much to do with our abysmal start to the season, got ourselves into a great position with a fabulous run of results since Christmas (only Manchester Utd have picked up more points since Boxing Day) and just ran out of steam over the last month, with a run of draws against Wolves, West Ham and Villa. Todays 0v0 against Stoke is especially disappointing because we still had something to play for and, by all accounts, we just didn't go out with an attacking mindset.

If we can hit the ground running next season (and that means getting your transfers sorted before 2010/11 is four or five games old, Mr Moyes) I don't think we're far off a Champions League place. The problem we face, though, is that our failure to qualify for Europe means that we will struggle to attract the top players now; especially as we will inevitably have a trifling transfer budget and a strict wage structure to contend with as well.

Post #: 380
RE: Everton FC 2009-10 - 18/6/2010 6:28:29 PM   
Harry Lime

Couple of early signings for us, for a change... And attacking ones at that!

Jermaine Beckford is an interesting one. He may have banged in goals aplenty for Leeds Utd but it is a big step up in class from League One to the Premier League. However, Moyes has a proven record in bringing in lower league players and turning them into top drawer performers. I don't think he'll set the league alight but if he can weigh in with 8-10 goals this season, he'll be a good buy.

The more interesting signing, for me anyway, is the highly rated Joao Silva from Portuguese side Desportivo Das Aves. Again, at twenty years old, he's unproven at the top level. However, he banged in 14 goals in his first full season last year and has forced his way into the Portugal U20's side on the back of it. We've got him on a three year contract and I reckon Moyes may have got himself a little gem. I'm looking forward to seeing him in action.

(in reply to Harry Lime)
Post #: 381
RE: Everton FC 2009-10 - 2/7/2010 11:26:51 AM   
Toby Monroe

quote:

Jermaine Beckford is an interesting one.

Interesting? Embarrassing? Tomato? Tomato?

And those pink shirts? Oh dear.

(in reply to Harry Lime)
Post #: 382
RE: Everton FC 2009-10 - 4/7/2010 8:23:40 PM   
Harry Lime

Looks like we've signed another "promising young talent" - Namely 18 year old Azerbaijan international, Araz Abdullayev.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/e/everton/8786712.stm

I don't suppose any Scottish fans saw him play in that U21 match?

Sigh. And according to the tabloids; more unwelcome attention from Manchester City regarding Mikel Arteta. I'll be genuinely devastated if he moves there. Apparently they've offered Steven Ireland, Michael Johnson and Nedum Onuoha; which sounds a little bit far fetched.

Now, I'd absolutely love to see Steven Ireland in an Everton shirt and Onuoha would be an improvement on Tony Hibbert, but not at the expense of Mikel.

Post #: 383
RE: Everton FC 2009-10 - 4/7/2010 8:32:40 PM   
directorscut

How many midfielders do Man City need? Haven't they got like 23 bazillion now? Tell them hands off!

I'd much prefer to see Arteta at Arsenal anyway.

Member of the TMNT 1000 Club.

(in reply to Harry Lime)
Post #: 384
RE: Everton FC 2009-10 - 7/7/2010 11:47:58 AM   
Your Funny Uncle

quote:

Looks like we've signed another "promising young talent" - Namely 18 year old Azerbaijan international, Araz Abdullayev.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/e/everton/8786712.stm

I don't suppose any Scottish fans saw him play in that U21 match?

Sigh. And according to the tabloids; more unwelcome attention from Manchester City regarding Mikel Arteta. I'll be genuinely devastated if he moves there. Apparently they've offered Steven Ireland, Michael Johnson and Nedum Onuoha; which sounds a little bit far fetched.

Now, I'd absolutely love to see Steven Ireland in an Everton shirt and Onuoha would be an improvement on Tony Hibbert, but not at the expense of Mikel.

And a promising young talent leaves:

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2010/07/07/2013374/adminstrative-mistake-by-everton-allows-england-u21

That's pretty bad work on Evertons part, just a shame Arsene isn't going to snap him up

Empires Top 100 Movie Characters of All Time! - VOTE NOW by clicking HERE

(in reply to Harry Lime)
Post #: 385
RE: Everton FC 2009-10 - 7/7/2010 12:45:06 PM   
Harry Lime

Bad work indeed. It's plain embarrassing, mate. What an absolute joke.

(in reply to Your Funny Uncle)
Post #: 386
RE: Everton FC 2009-10 - 7/7/2010 1:09:56 PM   
Toby Monroe

If the Echo's take on this affair is in any way accurate then I can't say i'm sorry to him go.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/everton-fc/everton-fc-news/2010/07/07/dan-gosling-keen-to-quit-everton-fc-100252-26802724/

(in reply to Harry Lime)
Post #: 387
RE: Everton FC 2009-10 - 30/7/2010 11:56:22 AM   
Toby Monroe

Apparently the MLS have accepted a bid from Everton for Landon Donovan. Blimey!

Post #: 388
RE: Everton FC 2009-10 - 1/8/2010 12:54:38 AM   
Professor Moriarty

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Norwich-2-4-Everton-Sunday-Mirror-match-report-Tim-Cahill-hat-trick-sinks-Canaries-while-David-Moyes-rules-out-Landon-Donovan-bid-article542865.html

Post #: 389
Everton FC 2010-11 - 14/8/2010 2:41:10 PM   
Harry Lime

Starting line-up for opening game of the season against Blackburn:

...................Howard.....................

Neville....Jagielka....Distin....Baines

..............Fellaini.....Osman...........
Arteta................................Pienaar
......................Cahill.....................

......................Saha.....................

SUBS:

- Mucha
- Hibbert
- Heitinga
- Rodwell
- Bilyaletdinov
- Beckford
- Gueye

Suprised that Ossie has got the nod over both Rodwell and Johnny H, but that looks like a pretty strong starting line-up. Would really like to see Coleman in the squad though. P-Nev is reliable but I think that Hibbert should be shipped out and the young Irishman given a good run at the full back position. I think we'll see Beckford at some point this afternoon, although I'd be interested to see young Gueye. I know little about the lad, except that he's got great promise and that he scored France's goal against England at the U19 European Championships.

< Message edited by Harry Lime -- 14/8/2010 2:42:49 PM >

(in reply to Professor Moriarty)
Post #: 390
Page:   <<   < prev  11 12 [13] 14 15   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: Everton Transfer Rumors 08 Page: <<   < prev  11 12 [13] 14 15   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI