Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Everton Transfer Rumors 08

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: Everton Transfer Rumors 08 Page: <<   < prev  10 11 [12] 13 14   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Everton Transfer Rumors 08 - 20/4/2009 5:23:15 PM   
jonson

Brilliant result yesterday, very pleased that Jagielka got his penalty as he was immense.
I saw him a couple of times for Sheffield Utd down here at Leicester and I never rated him. How wrong I was.
Hopefully you'll go on and win it now.........

I've got all the Barbie ones!!!

Yeah but you're old. Really old. Old. Old. Old. Old.

(in reply to jay13)
Post #: 331
RE: Everton Transfer Rumors 08 - 20/4/2009 5:34:24 PM   
The Lensman

I'm actually happy that Everton got to the final.

And i'd love them to beat Chelsea in the final.

Yes. I am a Red.

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 332
RE: Everton Transfer Rumors 08 - 20/4/2009 5:48:39 PM   
kenada_woo

All I gotta say is.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

http://dereksdontrunfilms.blogspot.co.uk/

"You bailed out a Jamaican street named Monkey the other day, I want him. This other piece of shit, Screwface, I want him. I know you're a scumbag and a puke, I don't mind that, but give me what I need and I'll leave here a nice guy. If you don't, I'm gonna fuck you up. "

Hatcher. Marked For Death

(in reply to The Lensman)
Post #: 333
RE: Everton Transfer Rumors 08 - 20/4/2009 6:07:09 PM   
Rinc

quote:

ORIGINAL: The Lensman

I'm actually happy that Everton got to the final.

And i'd love them to beat Chelsea in the final.

Yes. I am a Red.

I agree.

I don't like Everton i'll admit that but i also quite like a competitive Everton and dislike them far less than Man Utd!

Well done

No spoilers please:

Invisiotext:
[ color=#F1F1F1 ]text[ /color ]

(in reply to The Lensman)
Post #: 334
RE: Everton Transfer Rumors 08 - 23/4/2009 12:39:36 PM   
Harry Lime

Another great result for the Toffee's last night. Again. Our record against the "big four" during the second half of the season has ben remarkable. Defensively we were superb and we created the best chances of the match on the counter attack. Leighton Baines was absolutely brilliant again too. If Capello still had any doubts in his mind before, I don't think that there can be any question about him being ahead of Wayne Bridge in the England pecking order at left back. Our record against the "big four" in the second half has been remarkable. Now the Europa League place is secured, I feel that we can shake off any remaining nerves and push on past Aston Villa for fifth place. 

"People think I have an interesting walk. Hell, I'm just trying to hold my gut in."

If I get there early will it be the right time
our heaven is just waiting so put your hand into mine.

(in reply to Rinc)
Post #: 335
RE: Everton Transfer Rumors 08 - 23/4/2009 1:17:59 PM   
directorscut

Nice to see the Everton chairman hog all the praise having given Moyes little more than a bone to work with.

Member of the TMNT 1000 Club.

(in reply to Harry Lime)
Post #: 336
RE: Everton Transfer Rumors 08 - 23/4/2009 1:46:13 PM   
Harry Lime

quote:

ORIGINAL: directorscut

Nice to see the Everton chairman hog all the praise having given Moyes little more than a bone to work with.

Hardly.

"Evertonians owe everything to David Moyes, he took on our club when it was on its knees" - Kenwright (after Everton reached FA Cup Final)

"We laid out a plan and he has never come off it. I worship the man, he is the greatest manager in the world." - Kenwright (after Everton reached FA Cup Final)

"He's my best friend in football and I'd do anything for him." - Kenwright (after Everton reached FA Cup Final)

"When David arrived I never looked at the first game of the season, I looked at the last to see who we had to beat to avoid the 'r' word - relegation. We've had Wayne Rooney leaving and no money every season - but now we're up there and I think you can truly say now we are a top-six club again." - Kenwright (after Everton reached FA Cup Final)

"He's never at home, he's always at games, whether abroad or other divisions and he is totally committed to Everton." - Kenwright (after Everton reached FA Cup Final)

Kenwright has never made any bones about lacking the funds to splash out on new players every summer but he has always backed Moyes to the hilt.

"People think I have an interesting walk. Hell, I'm just trying to hold my gut in."

(in reply to directorscut)
Post #: 337
RE: Everton Transfer Rumors 08 - 23/4/2009 8:31:19 PM   
directorscut

Did Ken Early misinform the nation?

Member of the TMNT 1000 Club.

(in reply to Harry Lime)
Post #: 338
RE: Everton Transfer Rumors 08 - 26/4/2009 12:56:53 PM   
Harry Lime

We just didn't turn up against Manchester City yesterday and deserved to lose. No complaints about that. However, I'm absolutely heartbroken for Phil Jagielka. He's been our player of the year this season, has given everything to the cause and if anybody deserved to walk out in the FA Cup final at Wembley it was him. He'll no doubt be despondant and I'm genuinely gutted for him. His season is over but I do hope that he makes a speedy recovery over the summer.

(in reply to directorscut)
Post #: 339
RE: Everton Transfer Rumors 08 - 2/5/2009 10:34:34 PM   
kenada_woo

2 new signings have been made.

22 year old defensive midfielder from the USA, Anton Peterlin - http://msnsport.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_5267150,00.html

and

17 year old, German under 18 international central defender Shkodran Mustafi from German outfit HSV - http://www.abendblatt.de/daten/2009/05/02/1144297.html

TRANSLATION
Hamburg --
It was probably the hardest decision of his career to date. But as a professional to play in England - which had always dreamed Shkodran Mustafi. And this dream seemed still so far away, he is now a reality in the coming summer. Because suddenly went for the youth of the B-HSV everything lightning fast, the sporting events in the last year überschlugen formally started with the appointment to the German youth national team, then prominent forces in the HSV-A-juniors and the interest of international Topvereine. Shkodran Mustafis path led rapidly to the top.

Thus, the 17-year-old defensive talent already fulfilled his childhood dream. In the summer he moves to the island. At the appearance of the U-17 national team in Scotland, he played in the note books of English clubs: Newcastle United, Manchester City and Everton FC in particular expressed interest in the native state of Hesse. Also, the HSV wanted him long term, to the professional sector brought together.

The sticking point: Mustafis HSV contract runs out in summer. And too convincingly was the prospect for Everton, too good to extend the offer. "We have really tried, that he remains with us," said Jens Todt, head of the HSV-junior excellence, "but in English clubs and we can not compete financially."

Light has made the decision not Mustafi. "It is a crucial step for my career," he knows and says: "I have a little feeling on my left." His sense brought him to Hamburg in 2006 - apparently a good idea. A professional contract over three years at Everton, he has signed.

The HSV lose perhaps his greatest talent. For Todt is bitter, but no neck fracture: "We therefore do not break apart. We only hope that we do not happen too often."

When exactly Mustafi Hamburg leaves depends on the course of the season. The A-German youth championship, he wants to still play. It would be a crowning glory: a title as a reminder of great years in Hamburg. It would be his farewell gift before he begins his childhood dream to live.

published on 2 May 2009

Sounds like that Football Manager database is paying off LOL.  

http://dereksdontrunfilms.blogspot.co.uk/

"You bailed out a Jamaican street named Monkey the other day, I want him. This other piece of shit, Screwface, I want him. I know you're a scumbag and a puke, I don't mind that, but give me what I need and I'll leave here a nice guy. If you don't, I'm gonna fuck you up. "

Hatcher. Marked For Death

(in reply to Harry Lime)
Post #: 340
RE: Everton Transfer Rumors 08 - 4/5/2009 9:00:16 PM   
tameblue

First ever post....found the important thread first.

Noticed there's a Liverpool thread too...

Hi all...will spend a lot of time in here hopefully.

< Message edited by Harry Lime -- 19/5/2009 5:19:42 PM >

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

(in reply to kenada_woo)
Post #: 341
RE: Everton Transfer Rumors 08 - 19/5/2009 5:27:48 PM   
Harry Lime

So, Fulham tomorrow. They've been our bogey side for years now (I don't think we've beaten them at Craven Cottage since the 1950's) but I think we can get a result tomorrow. Not only do we just need a win to secure 5th place ahead of Aston Villa but all members of the squad will be wanting to put themselves in the frame for a start in the FA Cup final. Fulham will come out guns blazing as they need a win to garauntee a UEFA Cup place, but, if we want it enough, I think we'll have too much for them.

(in reply to tameblue)
Post #: 342
RE: Everton Transfer Rumors 08 - 27/5/2009 8:45:29 AM   
Harry Lime

Congratulations Davie Moyes!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/8069391.stm

Following successes in 2003 and 2005, David Moyes has been awarded a record breaking third LMA Manager of the Year award. Hurrah. Whilst I would have gone for Roy Hodgson myself (or Sir Alex, obviously) this year, the honour once again proves just how respected Moyes is amongst his peers. And after overcoming a barrage of injuries (and a transfer budget smaller than Karen Carpenter’s thong) to guide Everton to a second consequetive fifth place finish and a first FA Cup Final since 1995, it’s hard to argue that he doesn’t deserve it.

“Since joining Everton, David has not only transformed the club’s fortunes, he has also created a huge fan base – including many of his fellow managers.  With only modest financial backing, he has shown what can be achieved through discipline, dedication and an innate ability to get the best out of every player.”Howard Wilkinson

It was also a good night for the Ferguson family! Here are the other winners:

Special Merit Award: Sir Alex Ferguson
Premiership: Sir Alex Ferguson
Championship: Mick McCarthy
League One: Darren Ferguson
League Two: Paul Tisdale

Congratulations to all of them.

Good luck to Manchester Utd tonight and then onward to Wembley for the FA Cup Final! Come on the Toffees! I'll preview that shortly.

(in reply to Harry Lime)
Post #: 343
RE: Everton Transfer Rumors 08 - 27/5/2009 11:53:19 AM   
Professor Moriarty

I don't really understand how Moyes gets this and Ferguson gets a special award. Is it like a 2-tiered system and there's one reward for clubs with mega-budgets and one for clubs with more limited spending power?

I also looked back at previous winners, its hardly a who's who. Back to back awards for Steve Coppell. Danny Wilson taking it and only Wenger from non-British / Irish (a single Joe Kinnear win no less) contingent.

(in reply to Harry Lime)
Post #: 344
RE: Everton Transfer Rumors 08 - 30/5/2009 11:20:59 AM   
Harry Lime

To be fair to Coppell, I'm sure the first year he won the award, he had guided Reading to promotion from the Championship for the first time with a record number of points. The year after he guided Reading to Europe at the first time of asking. No mean feat, for sure. Similarly, Wilson worked wonders in guiding Barnsley to the Premiership (perhaps even more impressive than Coppells). Can't remember Kinnear winning. What season was that?! I'm guessing it was with Wimbledon.

As I said above, I'd have either gone for Roy Hodgson or Alex Ferguson myself, but I think Moyes deserved to be mentioned in the same breath this year. What he's achieving at Everton is amazing and despite little money and a devastating injury list, he's kept Everton in the top six for the third season running (the last two in fifth place) as well as getting to an FA Cup final. The special award was soley for Fergusons "achievements in Europe". So, I don't think that the system is two-tier.

Anyway! I've spent far too much time on this reply! I just want to say Come On Everton! I wouldn't go as far as saying that I'm confident about beating Chelsea today but I do believe that the Toffees are capable of pulling off the shock if they play their very best for 90 (or 120) minutes. It will either be tighter than a ducks arse or Chelski will dick us by a hatful. Either way, it will get messy... starting now!

By 'eck, he's handsome.

(in reply to Professor Moriarty)
Post #: 345
RE: Everton Transfer Rumors 08 - 30/5/2009 11:23:43 AM   
Goodfella

Just turned down a ticket for £34 in the Everton section, sorry just can't afford it right at the moment. I'll still be at a mate's watching it and supporting Everton, a club I have a massive soft spot for. Hope you come away from London with the cup, it's about time you won something, you've been knocking on the door for ages! Good luck!

"It is the Shawshank Redemption! Just with more tunneling through shit and less fucking redemption."

If you can quote the rules, then you can obey them.

(in reply to Harry Lime)
Post #: 346
RE: Everton Transfer Rumors 08 - 30/5/2009 3:17:37 PM   
Olaf

WAHEY
Despite being an Arsenal man myself I've always been a bit partial to Everton, so I'm delighted to see you winning so far. Keep it up!

I tried to groan, Help! Help! But the tone that came out was that of polite conversation.

Empire Top 100 Albums Poll 2013: CLICK HERE

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 347
RE: Everton Transfer Rumors 08 - 30/5/2009 8:40:42 PM   
HIM

quote:

ORIGINAL: Olaf

WAHEY
Despite being an Arsenal man myself I've always been a bit partial to Everton, so I'm delighted to see you winning so far. Keep it up!

Oh. I think you jinxed them Olaf.

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 348
RE: Everton Transfer Rumors 08 - 30/5/2009 8:45:54 PM   
Olaf

I did not! Chelsea didn't score for another... twenty seconds, at the least... Okay, you could have a point there.

< Message edited by Olaf -- 30/5/2009 8:46:19 PM >

I tried to groan, Help! Help! But the tone that came out was that of polite conversation.

Empire Top 100 Albums Poll 2013: CLICK HERE

(in reply to HIM)
Post #: 349
RE: Everton Transfer Rumors 08 - 31/5/2009 10:49:58 AM   
jay13

Feeling a little less gutted than i was yesterday, i have a hangover and very sore throat. But what a start to the game.

Even though we lost, looking back over the season i cannot complain. reaching a cup final, finishing 5th, missing key players for the majority of the season.

As a matter of fact i'm very proud to be a bluenose.

Twitter: @_maes85

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 350
RE: Everton Transfer Rumors 08 - 31/5/2009 10:51:57 AM   
CAD36

Good lord, hadn't followed the footie yesterday. Work should be interesting on Monday. My office is next to 4 blues' supporters.

My turn for buying the consolation cake at lunchtime then 

(in reply to jay13)
Post #: 351
Everton FC - 31/5/2009 4:41:47 PM   
Harry Lime

Yep. I'm really not too disappointed. I'm quite philosophical about it. We've had a great season, punched above our financial weight again and have been rewarded with a top five finish and a cup final. I think all Everton fans would have taken that last August. The boys have done us proud and we have to accept that Chelsea deserved it on the day.

(in reply to CAD36)
Post #: 352
RE: Everton Transfer Rumors 08 - 17/6/2009 10:10:22 AM   
Toby Monroe

Nice easy 09-10 opener. Arsenal @ home. [bsp]Easy, easy, easy[/bsp]

Fit or Fugly score: 3/10

(in reply to CAD36)
Post #: 353
RE: Everton Transfer Rumors 08 - 6/2/2010 12:35:51 PM   
Harry Lime

Crikey. It's been a while since anyone posted here! I'll have to give my overview of the season so far when I have some time.

However, kick-off in the big derby game in a minute. I'm actually feeling suprisingly confident. I think we can get a win today. Our lads are bang in form and we are fina\lly seeing our long-term injured coming back. We were extremely unlucky when we played Liverpool at Goodison and we haven't lost in the league since. I think Louis Saha will celebrate his new contract by grabbing a winning goal in a 2-1 victory.

Landon Donovon will score the opener and then get sent off along with Agger after a punch-up on the edge of the box!

That said, Moyes has been awarded manager of the month this morning. That's a hex if ever there was one!

(in reply to Toby Monroe)
Post #: 354
RE: Everton Transfer Rumors 08 - 6/2/2010 3:01:27 PM   
HIM

quote:

ORIGINAL: Harry Lime

I think we can get a win today.

quote:

We were extremely unlucky when we played Liverpool at Goodison and we haven't lost in the league since.

You have now!

quote:

I think Louis Saha will celebrate his new contract by grabbing a winning goal in a 2-1 victory.

I think he was off spending his money and forgot to turn up for the match today!

quote:

Landon Donovon will score the opener and then get sent off along with Agger after a punch-up on the edge of the box!

Well you were right about there being two sendings off.

quote:

That said, Moyes has been awarded manager of the month this morning. That's a hex if ever there was one!

At least you got something right!

(in reply to Harry Lime)
Post #: 355
RE: Everton Transfer Rumors 08 - 6/2/2010 6:28:55 PM   
igotnewlegs

quote:

ORIGINAL: HIM

quote:

ORIGINAL: Harry Lime

I think we can get a win today.

quote:

We were extremely unlucky when we played Liverpool at Goodison and we haven't lost in the league since.

You have now!

quote:

I think Louis Saha will celebrate his new contract by grabbing a winning goal in a 2-1 victory.

I think he was off spending his money and forgot to turn up for the match today!

quote:

Well you were right about there being two sendings off.

quote:

At least you got something right!

Life is full of misery, loneliness, and suffering - and it's all over much too soon.
Woody Allen

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
Douglas Adams

(in reply to HIM)
Post #: 356
RE: Everton Transfer Rumors 08 - 7/2/2010 5:12:35 PM   
Harry Lime

See, as an Everton fan I should have known I was setting myself up for fall, my hopes and dreams trampled underfoot by an ugly Dutchman.

You thoroughly deserved it yesterday though. I was surprised at just how little our boys seemed to want it, even when we went a man up. Your lads showed more desire and played higher quality football all afternoon.

(in reply to igotnewlegs)
Post #: 357
RE: Everton Transfer Rumors 08 - 11/2/2010 9:11:07 AM   
The Janitor

Great result last night. I didn't see the game but by all accounts you lot fully deserved the win. Its strange to think this was same team that looked so lacklustre in the derby.

(in reply to Harry Lime)
Post #: 358
RE: Everton Transfer Rumors 08 - 11/2/2010 12:57:37 PM   
Harry Lime

quote:

ORIGINAL: The Janitor

Great result last night. I didn't see the game but by all accounts you lot fully deserved the win. Its strange to think this was same team that looked so lacklustre in the derby.

We were awesome!

I was at Goodison last night. Didn't get back home til 3am and was up for work at seven, but every bag under my eye is worth it. The atmosphere was absolutely electric. We started slowly and the goal we conceded was ridiculously soft, but once we started firing on all cylinders we were incredible. Terry looked terrified of Saha all evening long and the Frenchman should have had five or six. Landon Donovan was superb down the right, even before Ashley Cole was taken off, and Mikel Arteta got better as the game wore on. He needs a few more games under his belt to get match fit, but he dictated our midfield. He's such a big player for us.

However, for me, the best player on the park was Leighton Baines; proving once again why he should get the World Cup nod ahead of Wayne Bridge. His covering play was as close to perfect as you can get, his overlapping and attacking constantly put the Chelsea left flank on the back foot and his commitment and tackling typified exactly why we walked away with the three points last night. And he always looks immaculate with his side parting and hint of quiff!

All in all, a bloody great night of football. With other results going our way again last night (Villa draw, Spurs and Birmingham defeated), if we can keep up this level of performance til the end of the season, I still think we can make a Europa League place.

(in reply to The Janitor)
Post #: 359
RE: Everton Transfer Rumors 08 - 11/2/2010 3:20:37 PM   
Toby Monroe

Baines was good. Since the turn of year he's started to produce the form that he showed through out last season. His link up play with Pienaar last year was immense, made me misty eyed for the days of Steven and Stevens. He started poorly this season, but I put that down to the ever changing personnel that was ahead of him. There's no doubt that he's back on track now.

Johnny Heitinga is da man for me. He's getting more assured with each game. Him and Jags together should be impregnable. Though I feel his versatility may work against and we might see Moyes experiment with him in various positions () before he settles down to one role. Much like Jags' early days at Goodison. He could provide cover for Fellaini (midfield ubermensch)and Hibbert, and probably Baines.

quote:

Nice easy 09-10 opener. Arsenal @ home. [bsp]Easy, easy, easy[/bsp]

Idiot.

Fit or Fugly score: 3/10

(in reply to Harry Lime)
Post #: 360
Page:   <<   < prev  10 11 [12] 13 14   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: Everton Transfer Rumors 08 Page: <<   < prev  10 11 [12] 13 14   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI