Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Everton Transfer Rumors 08

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: Everton Transfer Rumors 08 Page: <<   < prev  9 10 [11] 12 13   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Everton Transfer Rumors 08 - 5/2/2009 9:42:53 AM   
Frank Castle

ON another note if jagielka isnt in the england squad for the spain game after last night having torress sat in his pocket all match there is something seriously wrong! YHe's been playing better then terry for months now.

" guys its ok, he just wanted his machette back"!!

(in reply to Flatulent_Bob)
Post #: 301
RE: Everton Transfer Rumors 08 - 5/2/2009 9:56:18 AM   
jay13

I was annoyed 3rd week in the transfer window and no sign of bringing anyone new to bolster our depleted squad.

I have no doubt he has Everton in his heart, but a lot of the damage was done when he signed the deal to take us to Kirkby.
I

Twitter: @_maes85

Post #: 302
RE: Everton Transfer Rumors 08 - 5/2/2009 11:12:06 AM   
Flatulent_Bob

quote:

ORIGINAL: jay13

I was annoyed 3rd week in the transfer window and no sign of bringing anyone new to bolster our depleted squad.

I have no doubt he has Everton in his heart, but a lot of the damage was done when he signed the deal to take us to Kirkby.
I

Didn't the fans vote in favour of the move?

What is the alternative it seems Liverpool council screw you out of any other move?

I'm your huckleberry...

All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Oh my God! They banned Kenny!

(in reply to jay13)
Post #: 303
RE: Everton Transfer Rumors 08 - 5/2/2009 1:16:55 PM   
Harry Lime

quote:

ORIGINAL: Flatulent_Bob

quote:

ORIGINAL: jay13

i do hope not, but knowing that fat arsehole Kenright will sell and run with the money.

You see this is one opinion from the Everton fans that I just can't understand.
Why do a certain portion of your fans bad mouth Kenright?  He looks to be running the club brilliantly until you get to a stadium that can give you the money to go forward.
What are the issues with him?

I couldn't agree more, Bob. I don't understand it either. To suggest that Kenwright is a "sell and run" kind of chairman just doesn't hold true. True, the problem he has is that he doesn't have the money to splash out on big name players but he bleeds blue and has supported this club through thick and thin. Evertonians tend to forget how poor we were when Kenwright took over. Relegation battles were inevitable, there was little unity on the pitch and in the boardroom, we were massively in debt and we seemed completely rudderless. Kenwright brought Moyes in and has backed him all the way. He's never made no bones about lacking the sort of funds that will see World class players come to Goodison and Moyes has always been aware of this.

As it is, we are still the only club outside of the big four to have qualified for the Champions League in the last seven or eight years. We have a great manager, great team spirit and a committed squad that balances with experience with a host of promising youngsters.

I disagree with the move to a new ground too. However, I will not hear criticism of Kenwright. He has run the club superbly and we are reaping the rewards of the long term strategy that he and Moyes thrashed out six or seven years ago. I'm sure there are fans of other "big" teams in the Premiership who wish that their clubs had such structure, spirit and stability.

Anyway! Yesterday was brilliant. We were one of the lucky regions not to have missed the goal. The maturity and composure that young Gosling showed to take his chance was great to see. I thought young Rodwell was impressive too. Very neat, very tidy and with an eye for a pass. He's got a big future. Lescott and Jagielka were both immense again whilst Leighton Baines is showing the sort of form at the moment to give him a chance of breaking into the England squad too. I'd take him over Wayne Bridge every day of the week. Felliani was awful, granted, but Osman made up for his performance against Arsenal last week with a display full of running and commitment. And Cahill once again led the line superbly. The chaos he causes amongst defenders is awesome for a man his size.

We've played Arsenal, Manchester Utd and Liverpool three times in our last five games. We've shown we can hold our own with all of them (I was at the match with Arsenal last week and we deserved to have taken all three points). Of the big four, we only have Chelsea to play once more again. It's going to be tough chasing Arsenal and Aston Villa but I think we can push on from here and be challenging for the final Champions League spot come May.

"People think I have an interesting walk. Hell, I'm just trying to hold my gut in."

If I get there early will it be the right time
our heaven is just waiting so put your hand into mine.

Post #: 304
RE: Everton Transfer Rumors 08 - 5/2/2009 1:33:03 PM   
Fluke Skywalker

Who are these sprogs Rodwell and Gosling? You must have a great youth set up to be producing these types of players. How about Jagielka - looked like Vidic last night

(in reply to Harry Lime)
Post #: 305
RE: Everton Transfer Rumors 08 - 5/2/2009 2:07:45 PM   
HIM

I've heard a lot of talk about Everton being fantastic this season depsite the injuries and small squad but I actually think this has worked in their favour and is the reason why they're so high up. Their players play together week in, week out and always (for the most part) in the same positions. So they know each other's game very well. They're a unit, not a bunch of players playing together and they have stability. They almost have a siege mentality about them. It also means they can blood younglings quicker and more effectively, such as Gosling and Rodwell.

Now look at Spurs. Lots of cash and lots of players yet no one really knows the best set up for the team. Modric has played all over the midfield. Bentley is in and out. The forward's are on a merry-go-round as is the defence and as such they're fighting relegation.

(in reply to Fluke Skywalker)
Post #: 306
RE: Everton Transfer Rumors 08 - 8/2/2009 10:32:11 AM   
jay13

So this lad

what a great debut, hope he carries on and bags plenty of goals for us while he's here.

(in reply to HIM)
Post #: 307
RE: Everton Transfer Rumors 08 - 15/2/2009 4:29:24 PM   
Dark Knight

Just popped into this thread to ask a question about Cahill.

Anyone know why he had the black arm band on today? I missed the start of the tv coverage incase they told you, and was just wondering who the goal celebration was for?

"I'm too tense to speak!" - Borstal

(in reply to jay13)
Post #: 308
RE: Everton Transfer Rumors 08 - 15/2/2009 8:34:42 PM   
jay13

After the match he was interviewed he said it was for those lost in the bush fires back in Australia

(in reply to Dark Knight)
Post #: 309
RE: Everton Transfer Rumors 08 - 16/2/2009 7:45:07 PM   
Dark Knight

Cheers mate - didn't stick around for the post match

"I'm too tense to speak!" - Borstal

(in reply to jay13)
Post #: 310
RE: Everton Transfer Rumors 08 - 23/2/2009 2:59:43 PM   
Rinc

Shame about Arteta, he's a really good player and i was hoping you'd catch Arsenal. Now without it it might be tough. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/e/everton/7904813.stm

No spoilers please:

Invisiotext:
[ color=#F1F1F1 ]text[ /color ]

(in reply to Dark Knight)
Post #: 311
RE: Everton Transfer Rumors 08 - 23/2/2009 6:00:20 PM   
Harry Lime

Yep. Massive loss, Rinc. He is the player that all our good things spring from. He dictates our pace and style and we will miss him immensely. You saw the second half against Newcastle? For all our pressure we didn't look like unlocking their defence at any stage. That is what we've lost with Arteta's cruciate injury. I know we are a team built on team work, spirit and commitment but there is no one at Goodison to replace the artistry of the Spaniard or as capable of pulling our strings.

"People think I have an interesting walk. Hell, I'm just trying to hold my gut in."

(in reply to Rinc)
Post #: 312
RE: Everton Transfer Rumors 08 - 26/2/2009 1:15:22 PM   
Toby Monroe

Arteta's time off is a blow. But not that bad a blow. If Marouannes's back can hold out, and Pienaar and Osman stay fit, then Jo being supported by the jggery pokery of Pienaar, and Osman, who in turn are supported by the anti-footballers of Neville and the Fellster, it is as good a midfield as there's been since Bracewell and Reid lined up together.

Also this means the Sydney Pimpernel can go back to playing in the role just behind the forward. Sweet. Supersub = Rodwell.

Osman   Marouanne  Nev   Pienaar
                 Cahill
                   Jo

What's wrong with that?

< Message edited by Toby Monroe -- 26/2/2009 1:27:43 PM >

Fit or Fugly score: 3/10

(in reply to Harry Lime)
Post #: 313
RE: Everton Transfer Rumors 08 - 8/3/2009 9:00:17 PM   
jay13

We're off to wembley 

(in reply to Toby Monroe)
Post #: 314
RE: Everton Transfer Rumors 08 - 9/3/2009 12:42:26 PM   
Toby Monroe

Marouane's getting his haircut at the end of season. I hope he's not like Samson.

(in reply to jay13)
Post #: 315
RE: Everton Transfer Rumors 08 - 9/3/2009 12:46:51 PM   
Felix

Kenny Samson?

< Message edited by Felix -- 9/3/2009 12:47:06 PM >

[This space for rent] -

Post #: 316
RE: Everton Transfer Rumors 08 - 9/3/2009 1:00:45 PM   
Toby Monroe

No, he lost his powers when shaved his 'tache off.

< Message edited by Toby Monroe -- 9/3/2009 1:01:10 PM >

(in reply to Felix)
Post #: 317
RE: Everton Transfer Rumors 08 - 9/3/2009 2:57:47 PM   
CORLEONE

I'm a Leeds fan but I just wanna say how impressed I am with Everton this season. They are currently my favoured team in the Prem.

Moyes has done a cracking job. Keep up the good work, and good luck in the cup against the Mancs.

Al Swearengen: "Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back".

Post #: 318
RE: Everton Transfer Rumors 08 - 14/3/2009 6:08:16 PM   
Harry Lime

After the delight of securing our first FA Cup semi-final place since 1995, that was another solid Premier League victory against Stoke today. By the sound of it, we were control of the first half but then had to dig deep in the face of a physical Stoke resurgence before killing the game off. And that sums up all of the good things about Everton FC this season. We are capable of playing attractive, attacking football but still have the guts and grit for the blood and thunder when it comes to it.

What's more, that's a run of just one defeat in eighteen games (the sole loss coming at Old Trafford). That is Champions League qualification form in anybodies book. Barring an unbelievable collapse in form, we look to have our UEFA Cup spot secured again. Although it's only a small chance, I still believe we can capture that fourth Champions League place if we maintain our level of performance and results go our way around us....

Here's the league table...

Manchester Utd......28.....65
Liverpool................29......61
Chelsea.................28......58
Arsenal..................29......52
Aston Villa.............28......52
Everton..................29......48

Just four points adrift, I believe that we can catch both the Gunners and Villa.

Look at our run in...

Portsmouth (A)
Wigan (H)
Aston Villa (A)
Chelsea (A)
Manchester City (H)
Sunderland (A)
Tottenham Hotspur (H)
West Ham (A)
Fulham (H)

The Aston Villa game is the one that really sticks out for me. Especially when you look at Villa's run-in...

Tottenham Hotspur (H)
Liverpool (A)
Manchester Utd (A)

Everton (H)
West Ham (H)
Bolton (A)
Hull City (H)
Fulham (A)
Middlesborough (A)
Newcastle Utd (H)

With visits to Old Trafford and Anfield immediately before it, the Everton match has the potential to be massive if the gap has closed. Whoever have their noses in front after the 12th April could have the momentum to the finish line. Of course, our game against Chelsea immediately afterwards is a potentially huge stumbling block.

As for Arsenal, they have got perhaps the toughest finish of all...

Hull City (H)
Newcastle (A)
Manchester City (H)
Wigan (A)
Liverpool (A)
Middlesborough (H)
Portsmouth (A)
Chelsea (H)
Manchester Utd (A)

Stoke City (H)

They have to play all of the top three (including visits to Anfield and Old Trafford as well) and have two tricky away fixtures in the North (Wigan and Newcastle) where they have historically struggled to win. Of course, the Gunners have the ability to beat every single one of these teams and have the pedigree to prove it.

Like I said, it's going to be tough, tough, tough but we are in no way out of the Champions League race yet.

(in reply to CORLEONE)
Post #: 319
RE: Everton Transfer Rumors 08 - 19/4/2009 3:56:58 PM   
matty_b

Good luck Everton, I'd love to see you guys make a cup final - and I have a sneaky feeling you'll scrape a 1-0 win.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze
Mattyb is a shining example of what the perfect Empire Forum member is.

(in reply to Harry Lime)
Post #: 320
RE: Everton Transfer Rumors 08 - 19/4/2009 6:43:09 PM   
DJ Satan

Congratulations to Everton! 

Don't try to tell me that some power can corrupt a person
You hadn't had enough to know what it's like
You're only angry cause you wish you were in my position
Now nod your head cause you know that I'm right..alright!

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 321
RE: Everton Transfer Rumors 08 - 19/4/2009 6:45:54 PM   
James2183

Well done to Everton and David Moyes. They have had the tougher journey to the final and I hope they can beat Chelsea at the end of May.

Shocking penalty by Berbatov though.

Hey bub, I aint finished with you yet!

"We do not beat the reaper by living longer. We beat the reaper by living well and living fully" - Randy Pausch

(in reply to DJ Satan)
Post #: 322
RE: Everton Transfer Rumors 08 - 19/4/2009 6:55:22 PM   
matthewforan

Well done Moyes any ex-Celt getting one over Fergie is always welcome.

"The Irish have always been victims of negative stereotyping. I mean people think we're all drunks and brawlers. And sometimes that gets you so mad all you wanna do is get drunk and punch somebody"

Clear Eyes Full Hearts Can't Lose

Punchdrunk RIP

(in reply to James2183)
Post #: 323
RE: Everton Transfer Rumors 08 - 19/4/2009 6:57:20 PM   
impqueen

quote:

ORIGINAL: James2183

Well done to Everton and David Moyes. They have had the tougher journey to the final and I hope they can beat Chelsea at the end of May.

Shocking penalty by Berbatov though.

Yet hilarious...

Yes, always.

(in reply to James2183)
Post #: 324
RE: Everton Transfer Rumors 08 - 19/4/2009 8:01:15 PM   
Starscream

Well done Everton. Hope you win the trophy 

The allspark will be mine!

(in reply to impqueen)
Post #: 325
RE: Everton Transfer Rumors 08 - 19/4/2009 8:02:58 PM   
HIM

Well done Toffees! 

(in reply to Starscream)
Post #: 326
RE: Everton Transfer Rumors 08 - 19/4/2009 8:06:14 PM   
Harry Lime

I'm very drunk and very happy.

Phil Jagielka is a God...

And so is Leighton Baines...

Huzzah! Huzzah! Huzzah!

(in reply to impqueen)
Post #: 327
RE: Everton Transfer Rumors 08 - 19/4/2009 8:11:36 PM   
matty_b

Congrats Everton! Really, really well taken penalties (although if I'm honest once Cahill missed your first - and I'd have banked on him scoring his - I thought it was game over.) And how dismal were Berba's and Rio's?

Really, really hope you win it now.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze
Mattyb is a shining example of what the perfect Empire Forum member is.

(in reply to Harry Lime)
Post #: 328
RE: Everton Transfer Rumors 08 - 19/4/2009 8:12:12 PM   
Felix

Well done to Everton, I hope you go on and win the final.

[This space for rent] -

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 329
RE: Everton Transfer Rumors 08 - 19/4/2009 8:45:34 PM   
jay13

What a result, i can't get this stupid grin off my face :D

(in reply to Felix)
Post #: 330
Page:   <<   < prev  9 10 [11] 12 13   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: Everton Transfer Rumors 08 Page: <<   < prev  9 10 [11] 12 13   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI