Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Everton Transfer Rumors 08

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> Everton Transfer Rumors 08 Page: <<   < prev  8 9 [10] 11 12   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Everton Transfer Rumors 08 - 20/5/2008 1:59:53 PM   
kenada_woo

Silly season is here again so I'm gonna put up what the papers are saying we're keeping tabs on.

Moyes is set to sign a new £50,000 a week extensive contract.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...on/7398245.stm

Big rumour is that he's eyeing up a £18mill for brazillian stirker Jo form CSKA Moscow.  He's scored about 30 odd goals this season and got a place in the brazilian national team.  Moyes is also rumour to be eyeing up his brazillian midfield team mate Dudu.

For Midfield we're keeping tabs on Alou Diarra.  An ex-Kopite player who didnt get a game but is supposed to be a tasty player.  Better than (a fit) Momo Sissoko apparently. 

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/2008/05/19/everton-are-chasing-8m-diarra-89520-20422440/

Another biggy is Zenit St Petersberg's Andrea Arshavin who recently won the Uefa cup (a team we beat in the group stages).  Zenit will look at letting him go for abour 8-9mill and is supposidly hounded by Manchester City.

Other maybe's are Steve Sidwell but that clown wont go for anything where he's not getting 30-40,000 a week.

Also, Moyes is looking at keeping Manuel Fernandes on loan for another season after impressing during the final games of the season.

http://dereksdontrunfilms.blogspot.co.uk/

"You bailed out a Jamaican street named Monkey the other day, I want him. This other piece of shit, Screwface, I want him. I know you're a scumbag and a puke, I don't mind that, but give me what I need and I'll leave here a nice guy. If you don't, I'm gonna fuck you up. "

Hatcher. Marked For Death

(in reply to HIroProtagonist)
Post #: 271
RE: Everton Transfer Rumors 08 - 20/5/2008 2:12:24 PM   
theram05

Fair thee well Lee Carso......

What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it. And I don't like it any more than you men.

(in reply to kenada_woo)
Post #: 272
RE: Everton Transfer Rumors 08 - 22/5/2008 2:57:27 PM   
Fritz Lang

http://www.rightresult.net/index.php

All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. That's how far the world is from where I am. Just one bad day. You had a bad day once. Am I right? You had a bad day and everything changed.

(in reply to theram05)
Post #: 273
RE: Everton Transfer Rumors 08 - 3/6/2008 3:11:15 PM   
Toby Monroe

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/manchester/7433144.stm

quote:

Mr Moyes said he would be donating the money to the Everton Former Players Foundation, but said he bore his former player no ill feeling.

Moyes, you're a gentleman, dumb footballers put down your crayons and concentrate on being  footballers.

Fit or Fugly score: 3/10

(in reply to Fritz Lang)
Post #: 274
RE: Everton Transfer Rumors 08 - 3/6/2008 6:54:23 PM   
Darkknight0007

quote:

ORIGINAL: Toby Monroe

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/manchester/7433144.stm

quote:

Mr Moyes said he would be donating the money to the Everton Former Players Foundation, but said he bore his former player no ill feeling.

Moyes, you're a gentleman, dumb footballers put down your crayons and concentrate on being  footballers.

Good on Moyes.

(in reply to Toby Monroe)
Post #: 275
RE: Everton Transfer Rumors 08 - 5/6/2008 8:42:52 AM   
jay13

haven't been here in ages (been a bit ill :( )

Bit quiet on the Everton transfer front, odd players here and there On the Everton site says a fee has been agredd on a bid for Ramsey. But so have United.
http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/ramsey-bid-accepted.html

Apparantly the new Home Kit Will be unveiled today as well.

Twitter: @_maes85

(in reply to Darkknight0007)
Post #: 276
RE: Everton Transfer Rumors 08 - 5/6/2008 11:43:30 PM   
Harry Lime

Haven't been on here for a while.

First of all I am thrilled for us to have clinched that 5th spot. We had a good UEFA campaign last season and, with the experience in the bag, I see no reason why we can't go that step further next year. Although we got outplayed at Fiorentina we absolutely battered them at Goodison and, but for a bit of bad luck, we should have beaten them on aggregate. I would have fancied us against Rangers and we had already beaten eventual winners Zenit St. Petersburg in the group stage. I honestly don't think we are that far off European silverware.

On the domestic cup front we really need to improve. Yes, we made the semi-finals of the league cup (we are still the biggest club in England not to have won it) but, yet again, we crash out to lower league opposition in the FA Cup. Just look at our record in the competition sine we won in 1995 (lower league opposition in red).

2007/08: Oldham (3rd Round)
2006/07: Blackburn (3rd Round)
2005/06: Chelsea (4th Round)
2004/05: Manchester Utd (5th Round)
2003/04: Fulham (4th Round)
2002/03: Shrewsbury Town (3rd Round)
2001/02: Middlesbrough (6th Round)
2000/01: Tranmere Rovers (4th Round)
1999/00: Aston Villa (6th Round)
1998/99:  Newcastle (6th Round)
1997/98: Newcastle Utd (3rd Round)
1996/97: Bradford City (4th Round)
1995/96: Port Vale (4th Round)

For a club like Everton this simply is not good enough. We should be looking at what Portsmouth achieved this season and asking ourselves why we have not breached the semi-finals in the last thirteen years. Not only are cup competitions another way into Europe but they are prestige. Football is about winning trophies and we are not doing that. Hell, even Cardiff City made the FA Cup final this year.

Which leads me nicely to Aaron Ramsey. Yes, I know that Arsenal and Manchester Utd have put bids in too but I genuinely think that Everton hold the strongest position in this chase. Moyes has a proven track record in bringing talent up from the Championship (Lescott, Jagielka, Cahill, even Johnson it could be argued) and nurturing young potential (Rooney, Anichebe, Vaughan). Everton will provide him with more first team opportunities and, an important factor, his current manager at Cardiff City, Dave Jones, is a bluenose through and through. I think we're in with a good shout.

Of course, what we really need is a real defensive midfield player to not only break up play like Lee Carsley did (he will be sorely missed) but to also drive on energetically from deep and offer real quality in distribution. It's something of a cliché in modern footballer but we do need a Makelele type! Diarra certainly is a hot prospect but I think a cheeky bid for Gattuso would be worth a punt too.

I'm certainly interested in the rumours surrounding Arshavin (Manchester City are favourites but he would be a great coup), Joaquin would make a good acquisition and Kallstrom is another interesting name thrown into the mix. Personally I'd like to see Moyes invest in a shit hot overlapping right back. Hibberts a good clubman but a quality right back alongside Yobo, Lescott and a (hopfully) fit Baines would make a very attractive backline.

Uncertainty surrounds Andy Johnson at the minute and there's alot of talk he wants to move back down south (he's been linked with West Ham). I'll be sad to see him go. Yes he gets criticised alot and his goal scoring record last season wasn't great but the amount of chasing he does and the way he pulls defenders apart with his movement are both things we will need to replace. If we are sticking with the Yak up front then we need a playmaking second striker (a la Arshavin) to compliment him. Ramsey may fit that bill in the future but we need a proven European class player in this role if we want to contend with the big boys.

I've also heard rumours that Anichebe is attracting attention from an as yet unamed Bundesliga side. If he goes then maybe it will finally be time to unleash Jose Baxter on the World!

Edit: Just found my predictions for 2007/08 from last August...

quote:

I don't expect us to win anything this year (a UEFA finish in the Premiership, a last 16 run in the UEFA Cup, Quarter-finals of the FA Cup and our annual 4-0 defeat to Shrewsbury in the 3rd round of the Carling Cup) but I do expect us to both ruffle a few feathers and gain a few more admirers for our football along the way.

Ok, I got the FA Cup and League Cup mixed up but not a bad prediction at all methinks!!!

"People think I have an interesting walk. Hell, I'm just trying to hold my gut in."

If I get there early will it be the right time
our heaven is just waiting so put your hand into mine.

(in reply to jay13)
Post #: 277
RE: Everton Transfer Rumors 08 - 23/6/2008 12:04:40 AM   
Harry Lime

quote:

I'm certainly interested in the rumours surrounding Arshavin (Manchester City are favourites but he would be a great coup), Joaquin would make a good acquisition and Kallstrom is another interesting name thrown into the mix....

.... If we are sticking with the Yak up front then we need a playmaking second striker (a la Arshavin) to compliment him.

I go away a week and Arshavin goes and adds £10M to his price tag. Out of our league financially and, following the Ramsey disappointent, we look like we'll lose out again to Arsenal (or even Manchester City). It's a shame there is no "we saw him first" rule in football!

Of course, if Kenwright had pulled his finger out and given Moyes the greenlight to go and tie him up before this promising talent got to the tournament (a la Spurs and Modric). I can honestly see Moyes walking out of the club before the season starts if he keeps getting shafted by the board over transfer money.

Living in dream world (of course) here are the players who have impressed me (and some we've been linked to) that could look good in blue.

Aniukov (Russia)
Jaoa Moutinho (Portugal)
De Jong (Holland)
Affelay (Holland)
Arshavin (Russia)

Now, I'd be happy to see a couple of those at Goodison (particularly any of the first three who have all impressed me massively) and I'd shoot my bolt all over the computer if we somehow captured Arshavin. It's not gonna happen though!!!

"People think I have an interesting walk. Hell, I'm just trying to hold my gut in."

(in reply to Harry Lime)
Post #: 278
RE: Everton Transfer Rumors 08 - 14/8/2008 12:46:17 PM   
Toby Monroe

(in reply to Harry Lime)
Post #: 279
RE: Everton Transfer Rumors 08 - 17/8/2008 4:37:08 PM   
Harry Lime

We are in the shit. We've not replaced anybody in the close season and our squad is threadbare.

The only brightspots were the step ups of Rodwell and the soon to be a hero Jose Baxter. I was hoping that we'd unleash him on the World this season but these should not have been the circumstances. It's disgusting that it has come to this.

Post #: 280
RE: Everton Transfer Rumors 08 - 19/9/2008 12:10:43 PM   
Toby Monroe

Bugger.

(in reply to Harry Lime)
Post #: 281
RE: Everton Transfer Rumors 08 - 9/12/2008 9:16:16 AM   
Toby Monroe

I've decided Marouane Fellaini is great. He reminds of a young untamed Roy Keane back in his Forest days. I love him. The only good thing about an otherwise pap-ish season. Whats with Arteta's reluctance to shoot? Most puzzling.

It was nice to have a bit volume at Goodison as well. It been far too quiet lately.

Post #: 282
RE: Everton Transfer Rumors 08 - 9/12/2008 9:32:25 AM   
jay13

Was a good game on Sunday, i think its fair to say we were the dominant team and was gutted we didn't get anything out of it.  I don't think Villa played particularly well, but they took the chnaces given to them and O' Neill is a quality manager.

Although at serious fault for the second goal, i don't think i'll hold it against Jags seeing as he has been great so far this season and Lescott won his way back into my heart :)

Fellaini is great, he's getting more accustomed to the speed of the EPL, and he's got some good ball control for a player of his size. Hope he does great things for us. Also it was nice/funny to see VDM come on for a couple of minutes, he's lost a ton of weight and wasn't too shabby in his set piece deliveries.

So January transfer window coming up and we're looking for a striker (gutted at losing the YaK), would you take Nugent on loan? is Henrik Laarson still a possibility??

Post #: 283
RE: Everton Transfer Rumors 08 - 20/1/2009 1:03:44 PM   
Harry Lime

Really good result last night. Cahill is just immense but the whole side performed brilliantly; particularly Leighton Baines and Phil Jagielka. I really think we can take Liverpool in the FA Cup now. It won't be pretty but I think we'll have the psychological advantage. Liverpool play nicer football (and if they get the ball down and play, we'll lose) but Evertons work ethic and commitment will give us a fighting chance. That and Cahill and the sweet boot of Mikel Arteta!

After Liverpool we've got league games against Arsenal (home) and Manchester Utd (away) back to back. We've already drawn with Chelsea, Manchester Utd and Liverpool this season. I think we can pick up more points in this difficult run of games. We'll have Fellaini back after his suspension and, in the form we're in, I think we are capable of beaten Arsenal at Goodison (I'll be there, yay!) and at least push Manchester Utd for a draw at Old Trafford. Hopefully! Fingers crossed! Pleeeeeaaaaassssssssse!!!!!!!!!!

(in reply to jay13)
Post #: 284
RE: Everton Transfer Rumors 08 - 20/1/2009 1:05:15 PM   
Felix

quote:

and at least push Manchester Utd for a draw at Old Trafford.

Not if Agent Neville has anything to do with it...

[This space for rent] -

(in reply to Harry Lime)
Post #: 285
RE: Everton Transfer Rumors 08 - 20/1/2009 1:11:14 PM   
Harry Lime

quote:

ORIGINAL: Felix

quote:

and at least push Manchester Utd for a draw at Old Trafford.

Not if Agent Neville has anything to do with it...

And Agents Howard and Saha! Incidently, I've heard rumours that Gary Neville will be joining his better looking brother at Goodison in the Summer? You heard any whispers like that on your fan sites? I've been saying for two seasons that we need a right back to replace Hibbert but, although I've always been a fan of G-Nev, I don't think he's the answer. 

(in reply to Felix)
Post #: 286
RE: Everton Transfer Rumors 08 - 26/1/2009 9:08:47 AM   
jay13

I think we were lucky yesterday, battered in possession for long spells of the game. Although the RS didn't have an end product until Torres' flick.

Another immense game from Jags, actually our whole defence has been quality last few games. It's gonna be tough for Yobo to get back into the side

(in reply to Harry Lime)
Post #: 287
RE: Everton Transfer Rumors 08 - 26/1/2009 9:17:35 AM   
theram05

City to place bids for Arteta and strange haired central defender sometime soon.

What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it. And I don't like it any more than you men.

(in reply to jay13)
Post #: 288
RE: Everton Transfer Rumors 08 - 26/1/2009 11:00:25 AM   
jay13

i do hope not, but knowing that fat arsehole Kenright will sell and run with the money.

(in reply to theram05)
Post #: 289
RE: Everton Transfer Rumors 08 - 4/2/2009 11:42:59 AM   
Toby Monroe

quote:

ORIGINAL: clownfoot

No player has really stood out head and shoulders above anyone else this season on a consistent basis.

Oh really?

That own goal against Stoke never happened.

(in reply to jay13)
Post #: 290
RE: Everton Transfer Rumors 08 - 4/2/2009 10:43:15 PM   
Felix

Fucking hilarious!

ITV are absolutely useless. Their coverage of the game somehow switched over to adverts with 5 minutes of extra time, to cut back as Everton were celebrating their goal!

[This space for rent] -

Post #: 291
RE: Everton Transfer Rumors 08 - 4/2/2009 10:50:03 PM   
BigBadWolf

Yeah, that was great timing.  Oh well, at least we have 'Irish' Andy to wax lyrical about it.

(in reply to Felix)
Post #: 292
RE: Everton Transfer Rumors 08 - 4/2/2009 11:29:17 PM   
jay13

Dan Gosling 

(in reply to BigBadWolf)
Post #: 293
RE: Everton Transfer Rumors 08 - 5/2/2009 8:20:36 AM   
Kami89

I either have a really bad memory, or imagined it but I'm sure that they cut back before Everton scored?

(in reply to jay13)
Post #: 294
RE: Everton Transfer Rumors 08 - 5/2/2009 8:34:42 AM   
Felix

They cut back as the Everton players were celebrating.

[This space for rent] -

(in reply to Kami89)
Post #: 295
RE: Everton Transfer Rumors 08 - 5/2/2009 8:45:43 AM   
Hardcore Raver

I saw the Everton goal. It must have depended on which ITV region you're in.

Love Football. Hate FIFA.

(in reply to Felix)
Post #: 296
RE: Everton Transfer Rumors 08 - 5/2/2009 8:47:09 AM   
Felix

Meridian missed it.

[This space for rent] -

(in reply to Hardcore Raver)
Post #: 297
RE: Everton Transfer Rumors 08 - 5/2/2009 9:09:36 AM   
HIM

I (unfortunately) saw the Everton goal as well. They cut back just before Van Der Mayda (sp - whatever, I don't care) put the cross in. ITV are hacks. Remember when they switched to an ad break on the last lap of on of the most exciting grand prix's ever a few years ago? Madness, but then that's commercial television for you and one major reason why I don't have any qualms about paying for the license fee.

(in reply to Felix)
Post #: 298
RE: Everton Transfer Rumors 08 - 5/2/2009 9:16:01 AM   
Kami89

It seems it must have been a region thing then, because all I am hearing is about people saying they missed they goal but I definetly saw it.

(in reply to HIM)
Post #: 299
RE: Everton Transfer Rumors 08 - 5/2/2009 9:29:10 AM   
Flatulent_Bob

quote:

ORIGINAL: jay13

i do hope not, but knowing that fat arsehole Kenright will sell and run with the money.

You see this is one opinion from the Everton fans that I just can't understand.
Why do a certain portion of your fans bad mouth Kenright?  He looks to be running the club brilliantly until you get to a stadium that can give you the money to go forward.
What are the issues with him?

I'm your huckleberry...

All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Oh my God! They banned Kenny!

(in reply to jay13)
Post #: 300
Page:   <<   < prev  8 9 [10] 11 12   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> Everton Transfer Rumors 08 Page: <<   < prev  8 9 [10] 11 12   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI