Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: What Are You Up To?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Filmmakers' Workshop >> RE: What Are You Up To? Page: <<   < prev  71 72 [73] 74 75   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: What Are You Up To? - 23/9/2011 8:22:14 PM   
max314

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tech_Noir

Only going for a week, back after Oct 23rd, but will might be driving straight into another script.

Totally understand. It's your call.

MAX

Laying the 314 on your candy ass.

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
Post #: 2161
RE: What Are You Up To? - 23/9/2011 9:32:49 PM   
James2183

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Quint

Good to see lots of activity on this board with people getting things done! Speaking of, I have a new website and would love some feedback from you all. I am looking to break into the world of concept art and illustration so if anyone needs either artist, let me know! I'm working full time at a talent agency in L.A. right now, but been there almost 2 years and just want to get into something more creative so this is that attempt...

Art Site

Liking the environments.

Off topic, got an email from EM Media the other day notifying that they're no longer involved with lottery funding. It's what I expected, no more funding for beginner writers / filmmakers, just for those that are already established (and making a living in arts/media).

I think it's more down to the lack of funding for the arts now. With the dismantling of the Film Council and the Screen sectors as well as the recession they just don't have the money to fund projects like they did in the past. My school has also taken a hit with funding too which is very annoying.

Hey bub, I aint finished with you yet!

"We do not beat the reaper by living longer. We beat the reaper by living well and living fully" - Randy Pausch

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
Post #: 2162
RE: What Are You Up To? - 24/9/2011 8:18:59 AM   
morg1138

quote:

ORIGINAL: James2183

quote:

quote:

Good to see lots of activity on this board with people getting things done! Speaking of, I have a new website and would love some feedback from you all. I am looking to break into the world of concept art and illustration so if anyone needs either artist, let me know! I'm working full time at a talent agency in L.A. right now, but been there almost 2 years and just want to get into something more creative so this is that attempt...

Art Site

Liking the environments.

Off topic, got an email from EM Media the other day notifying that they're no longer involved with lottery funding. It's what I expected, no more funding for beginner writers / filmmakers, just for those that are already established (and making a living in arts/media).

I think it's more down to the lack of funding for the arts now. With the dismantling of the Film Council and the Screen sectors as well as the recession they just don't have the money to fund projects like they did in the past. My school has also taken a hit with funding too which is very annoying.

Not really a funding option but my local councils film/television department have been extremely helpful to our project. They have helped with informing the local Police, Forestry Commission, putting flyers up to inform the locals that we are filming and have eve been organising a road to be closed down for us to shoot a scene. For a project that has no budget and is going to be a long running series (hopefully) this has been a great help.

Two weeks today and we will be filming our action scenes, time to chill out in between with my 30th birthday next week. Off to the West Coast for some shooting and whiskey drinking.

We've got to start thinking beyond our guns. Those days are closin' fast.

(in reply to James2183)
Post #: 2163
RE: What Are You Up To? - 25/9/2011 1:17:39 AM   
Quint

quote:

quote:

Thanks Tech, I appreciate it! Good luck with your trip out here. 

Let me know if you recommend any good bars/restaurants, going with my girlfriend for a semi-holiday at the same time.

Check your PMs mate

My Art: http://adamwayneart.com/

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
Post #: 2164
RE: What Are You Up To? - 25/9/2011 7:26:40 AM   
Tech_Noir

PM's not working, been getting error messages for a good while.

(in reply to Quint)
Post #: 2165
RE: What Are You Up To? - 25/9/2011 9:08:25 PM   
Prophet_of_Doom

Talking of funding, has anyone had any experience with the BFI (or have any contacts there?!) As awful as the UK Film Council were, I at least used to be able to regularly meet with them, but since the BFI took over they've never once responded to an email.

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
Post #: 2166
RE: What Are You Up To? - 27/9/2011 10:14:12 AM   
JIm R

I had found funding incredibly hard at every level to apply for and hit barriers wherever I've gone and have been told on many ocassion I don't fit with any 'category' for the need for financial help and so had already gone the self funded route for my feature but yes the BFI have been appalling in their communication with me, no returned calls or e-mail responses POD.

< Message edited by JIm R -- 27/9/2011 10:16:24 AM >

(in reply to Prophet_of_Doom)
Post #: 2167
RE: What Are You Up To? - 28/9/2011 7:28:45 AM   
morg1138

So filming starts next weekend. This week has been good. Shooting schedule has been finalised, we have organised free catering from a local business, I have brought on board a VFX guru who is excellent at what he does, a local family have offered up their barns and land for cast and crew base (it is only a five minute walk from location, compared to the twenty from the main car park) and best of all our compressed air blood splatter device is up and running and is going to look excellent on the day.

So I am going to relax a bit more on my road trip. Head of this afternoon for three days on the road camping then meet family over at Mull of Kintyre for the weekend and 30th birthday celebrations.

Happy days!

(in reply to JIm R)
Post #: 2168
RE: What Are You Up To? - 28/9/2011 12:52:31 PM   
Vadersville

Don't know if anyone on here has actually been following it, but the conclusion to my mini web series, First Draw is now live. Clicky! Hurry though, the last episode this violent quickly got an age restriction on it by the Youtube mods. ;)

Confusion is a way of life, not a state of mind

(in reply to morg1138)
Post #: 2169
RE: What Are You Up To? - 28/9/2011 7:58:57 PM   
Quint

quote:

PM's not working, been getting error messages for a good while.

No worries, have sent you an email.

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
Post #: 2170
RE: What Are You Up To? - 29/9/2011 3:36:11 PM   
robwillphill

My latest video is basically a showreel of my main media productions from 2007-2011 (my secondary school years)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tn2B9HGcCfs

I'm now moving on to the University of York to study Film & Television Production :)

Check out my YouTube channel if you have time, and subscribe if you like my stuff!

http://youtube.com/audience

http://youtube.com/audience

Check out my latest films:
- http://youtu.be/Z2zrRi06Rb0
- http://dai.ly/fSojJ3

---------------------------------------------------

Stewie: We're playing house
Lois: But that boy's tied up
Stewie: It's Roman Polanski's house

(in reply to Vadersville)
Post #: 2171
RE: What Are You Up To? - 30/9/2011 3:21:35 PM   
Tech_Noir

SOLE concept art by Mr David C Ayling.

If there are any screenwriters on the boards I highly recommend hiring artists to do visuals, not so much to promote a script but just to get yourself excited and motivated again when your enthusiasm levels drop.

< Message edited by Tech_Noir -- 30/9/2011 3:23:26 PM >

(in reply to robwillphill)
Post #: 2172
RE: What Are You Up To? - 30/9/2011 5:41:28 PM   
The REAL Bozz

Where's the bloke who is doing 'Strippers vs Werewolves?' Does he still come on here? Can't wait to see that.

Films I've watched
Star Trek Into Darkness ***
Iron Man 3 *****
Evil Dead (2013) ***
Bait 3D ***

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
Post #: 2173
RE: What Are You Up To? - 30/9/2011 10:06:52 PM   
Prophet_of_Doom

quote:

SOLE concept art by Mr David C Ayling.

If there are any screenwriters on the boards I highly recommend hiring artists to do visuals, not so much to promote a script but just to get yourself excited and motivated again when your enthusiasm levels drop.

If screenwriters need someone to motivate them and can afford to hire someone to do visuals, I'd suggest they'd be better off hiring a story editor!

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
Post #: 2174
RE: What Are You Up To? - 5/10/2011 7:26:24 PM   
Big Red

Here's some of my lasted book cover illustrations and designs.

I know it's a little odd me posting here but I want more movie work and i hope somebody in the industry may stumble across these.

Science fiction book cover illustration Odd John Olaf Stapledon

Fantasy book cover illustration Conan Robert E.Howard

Fantasy book cover illustration Conan Robert E.Howard

< Message edited by Big Red -- 5/10/2011 7:27:05 PM >

My artwork:
www.eamonart.com

(in reply to Prophet_of_Doom)
Post #: 2175
RE: What Are You Up To? - 6/10/2011 2:04:15 AM   
Rgirvan44

Holy shit at that Odd John cover.

You have an honest to god talent Red - any more retro style sci-fi pictures you have done?

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to Big Red)
Post #: 2176
RE: What Are You Up To? - 6/10/2011 6:45:40 AM   
Tech_Noir

quote:

ORIGINAL: Big Red

Science fiction book cover illustration Odd John Olaf Stapledon

Great cover, the retro pulp sci-fi thing always works for me.

I loved Olaf Stapledon's Star Maker and First and Last Men, never heard of this one before. Would you recommend?

(in reply to Big Red)
Post #: 2177
RE: What Are You Up To? - 6/10/2011 3:29:13 PM   
Big Red

Thanks guys!

I have other space illustrations but none quite as retro as this one.

I did a lot of research on the book but i never read it from cover to cover but it does get good reviews and little bits I read were good too.

My artwork:
www.eamonart.com

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
Post #: 2178
RE: What Are You Up To? - 6/10/2011 6:08:29 PM   
Tech_Noir

As soon as I finish my current book I'll seek Odd John out, although the MasterWorks edition isn't released until next year according to Amazon.

(in reply to Big Red)
Post #: 2179
RE: What Are You Up To? - 7/10/2011 7:33:03 AM   
morg1138

Yet again digging the work Mr Red!!

As for myself shooting starts tomorrow on The Dying Seconds. Had a hell of a week, some issues with the loal council and the forestry commission which resulted in us losing our location. Spent most of Tuesday phoning contacts, visiting possible sites and ended up securing some private land owned by some local followers of the project and the added bonus is the land is only a stones throw away from the original location and they have a load of parking for us.

I finish the day job at 1230 today then I am of to pick up the cameras, the jib, tri pods and the dolly then going to visit the location to dress it. The director is staying over at my place tonight so we have time to ensure everything is in place and ready to go. And we need to do some pagan rituals to make sure the rain stays off or at least is not too heavy

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
Post #: 2180
RE: What Are You Up To? - 7/10/2011 2:26:49 PM   
Big Red

Thanks morg1138!

I do find in very interesting hearing all the ups and downs you guy go through on this thread.

My artwork:
www.eamonart.com

(in reply to morg1138)
Post #: 2181
RE: What Are You Up To? - 8/10/2011 12:01:44 AM   
max314

Great work, Red. I see these books every time I'm in Forbidden Planet (which is a lot) and I always love what I see.

MAX

Laying the 314 on your candy ass.

(in reply to max314)
Post #: 2182
RE: What Are You Up To? - 8/10/2011 1:45:17 AM   
morg1138

quote:

Thanks morg1138!

I do find in very interesting hearing all the ups and downs you guy go through on this thread.

Interesting is I have 4 hours until we start shooting....better get some sleep!!

(in reply to Big Red)
Post #: 2183
RE: What Are You Up To? - 8/10/2011 8:37:32 PM   
Quint

Always happy to see an update from Big Red! Love your work sir! I've just completed a piece of concept art for a friends script:

(in reply to morg1138)
Post #: 2184
RE: What Are You Up To? - 9/10/2011 4:07:09 PM   
Tech_Noir

Looking good Quint, and thanks for the heads up on places to go in LA. We've settled on the Roosevelt for Friday night.

Just received the last few visuals and printed them off.

(in reply to Quint)
Post #: 2185
RE: What Are You Up To? - 9/10/2011 4:15:47 PM   
Big Red

quote:

Always happy to see an update from Big Red! Love your work sir! I've just completed a piece of concept art for a friends script:

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c116/Quint_/Sunset.jpg

That looks great man! Kinda has the opening to Judge Dredd vibe about it. Which can only be a god thing as that's still a great opening despite the film itself.

quote:

Looking good Quint, and thanks for the heads up on places to go in LA. We've settled on the Roosevelt for Friday night.

Just received the last few visuals and printed them off.

http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/5008/dcabeastsshot01.jpg

Loving the lighting and atmosphere in this one. All lican's especially look great!

My artwork:
www.eamonart.com

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
Post #: 2186
RE: What Are You Up To? - 10/10/2011 7:52:25 AM   
morg1138

Had a rather crazy weekend filming. It was just non stop. While running around doing producers duties I was directing all the scenes that the director/actor was in. Our practical effects looked good and our three man special effects make-up team worked wonders. All in all in was a great weekend, ups, downs, no sleep and my body is killing me. Looking forward to the editing, scoring and VFX stage now.

(in reply to Big Red)
Post #: 2187
RE: What Are You Up To? - 10/10/2011 11:24:30 PM   
Quint

quote:

quote:

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c116/Quint_/Sunset.jpg

That looks great man! Kinda has the opening to Judge Dredd vibe about it. Which can only be a god thing as that's still a great opening despite the film itself.

Thanks Red, I appreciate it. Actually I find Dredd to be a bit of a guilty pleasure to be honest.

quote:

Thanks Tech. Good call on the Roosevelt, make sure you hit up 25 degrees there too for a great burger (open 24 hours). Have an awesome trip!

(in reply to Big Red)
Post #: 2188
RE: What are you up to? - 11/10/2011 4:34:13 PM   
Didsy

Hi. We recently released this music video as an unsigned band. It's a superhero/comic book inspired idea. The whole video was self produced, the set was built from scratch, all the props and costumes, of which there are plenty are made by one guy! and in my opinion are quite something. Check out that black spider-man suit and the proton pack.

Here's the link, I hope you like it................

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpZCGWIPTyo&feature=feedlik

(in reply to James2183)
Post #: 2189
RE: What are you up to? - 12/10/2011 12:30:53 PM   
morg1138

Some photos from this weekends shoot....

the dying seconds camp by morg1138, on Flickr

the dying seconds field by morg1138, on Flickr

the dying seconds last shot of the day by morg1138, on Flickr

the dying seconds arm by morg1138, on Flickr

the dying seconds crew by morg1138, on Flickr

the dying seconds car by morg1138, on Flickr

< Message edited by morg1138 -- 12/10/2011 1:54:20 PM >

(in reply to Didsy)
Post #: 2190
Page:   <<   < prev  71 72 [73] 74 75   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Filmmakers' Workshop >> RE: What Are You Up To? Page: <<   < prev  71 72 [73] 74 75   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI