Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: WILBERT

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Filmmakers' Workshop >> RE: WILBERT Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: WILBERT - 10/12/2007 9:46:53 AM   
Wilbert

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tech_Noir

quote:

ORIGINAL: Wilbert

quote:

Did I mention he's Irish?

I can picture it now! No doubt you've learned all you need to know about Irish people from watching Titanic.

You are tap-dancing with a glass of Guinness in one scene.

BEJAYSUS!!!!

You're killing Independent George!!!!

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
Post #: 61
RE: WILBERT - 10/12/2007 12:39:58 PM   
Tech_Noir

I think Wilbert (or Willie as he's known in the town of Clintwood) may get the last line in the script, even though he's such a minor character.

(in reply to Wilbert)
Post #: 62
RE: WILBERT - 10/12/2007 6:06:23 PM   
Wilbert

quote:

I think Wilbert (or Willie as he's known in the town of Clintwood) may get the last line in the script, even though he's such a minor character.

Clintwood?

You don't waste a lot of time on place-names, do you, Tech?

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
Post #: 63
RE: WILBERT - 10/12/2007 6:18:56 PM   
Tech_Noir

quote:

quote:

Clintwood?

Had to call the place something, it was either that or O.K Corral. 

(in reply to Wilbert)
Post #: 64
RE: WILBERT - 10/12/2007 6:23:07 PM   
Wilbert

quote:

quote:

quote:

Clintwood?

Had to call the place something, it was either that or O.K Corral. 

Let me guess......Clintwood is in the............east?

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
Post #: 65
RE: WILBERT - 10/12/2007 6:28:38 PM   
Tech_Noir

Nah, it's all in my mind.

(in reply to Wilbert)
Post #: 66
RE: Christmas Wind Down? - 14/12/2007 5:56:52 PM   
oui3d

Filming Archaeological dig this morning, probably Monday Morning too... It's pure lie back and think of England stuff but, they've offered me casual work, (And it's not weddings!!!)

Tonight I'm going to tweak a few edits on the intro to the latest Music Video - I'm entering it into a compo (Just to get my name out there - and to give myself a deadline!)

I know who I am, It's just nobody else does!

Then, over the Christmas season. Spending corporate cash shopping for Equipment.

A really solid crack at the sound on Lady In Waiting - (She's STILL WAITING)

< Message edited by oui3d -- 14/12/2007 6:01:36 PM >

No French, German, Spanish or Scandinavian film company is allowed to release a film in America. No British film company is allowed to release a film in America. And yet we allow America 100% access to our domestic market.

The best Star Wars film was directed by a 55 year old journeyman. Mental isn't it?

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
Post #: 67
RE: Christmas Wind Down? - 18/12/2007 8:56:13 PM   
Tech_Noir

Just completed the first draft of FRONTIERS, 270 pages of sci-fi western fun - although it seems to turn into a tear-jerker towards the end.

(in reply to oui3d)
Post #: 68
FRONTIERS - 30/12/2007 6:15:57 PM   
Tech_Noir

Anyone interested in having a read of the first draft of my sci-fi western PM me.

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
Post #: 69
RE: FRONTIERS - 30/12/2007 6:19:14 PM   
Neth

You can send it over if you like Tech, but at 270 pages I'm not sure I'll finish reading it before the fucker has its terrestrial TV premiere...

"You taste like a burger. I don't like you anymore."

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
Post #: 70
RE: FRONTIERS - 30/12/2007 6:41:19 PM   
Tech_Noir

You read SOLE, you know how I space things out in the formatting.

(in reply to Neth)
Post #: 71
RE: FRONTIERS - 3/1/2008 1:52:49 AM   
mudweiser

Tell you what Tech, send it over to me, too, if you like. Although I'd also like to add that I might not finish reading it by the time my opinion counts for anything...

...quality sig, btw.

"Right now it's only a notion but I think I can get money to make it into a concept, and later, turn it into an idea."

I really hope that one day I'll actually finish one of the many scripts I'm writing.

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
Post #: 72
RE: FRONTIERS - 4/1/2008 4:20:31 PM   
Tech_Noir

PM me your email add mudweiser.

As for what I'm up to now, still no funding on future projects, but I may have a video teaching job coming up soon - at the same school I did the promo/docu.

(in reply to mudweiser)
Post #: 73
RE: FRONTIERS - 4/1/2008 4:47:25 PM   
mudweiser

What am I up to now?

It's been six months since I finished my Film Studies uni degree and I'm working 'full time ' (30hrs ish/week) in my job as a cashier at a bookmakers. Easy job, nice bit of money coming in, but I'm treading water really - enough to live on and have a wee bit of fun with (spent £50 on DVDs only hours ago) but not enough to save up for anything with or even begin to pay off my overdraft/credit cards.

So I've set myself a target or writing two full, final drafted shorts by the summer, and then take them from there. Speak to a friend from uni who would act as a Producer for one of them, and see what we can do to get one made. I made a short last year when I was at uni using the equipment and I want to advance that idea more; it was more a point and capture kind of thing, making it up as we went along, but it actually looked pretty good and with a bit more consideration and planning, could really be something.

Here it is, if anyone's interested; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEVzHAwRHZ0

Joseph Gordon-Levitt, of Brick fame, personally loved it. I shit you not.

"Right now it's only a notion but I think I can get money to make it into a concept, and later, turn it into an idea."

I really hope that one day I'll actually finish one of the many scripts I'm writing.

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
Post #: 74
Missed opportunity - 9/1/2008 10:53:04 AM   
Tech_Noir

My Kali script was accepted onto a feature script development program, however the workshops are based in Rotterdam during the international film festival and I can't afford to do.

(in reply to Wilbert)
Post #: 75
RE: Missed opportunity - 9/1/2008 11:49:19 AM   
Neth

Can't you just stow away on a ferry to get there? Maybe you could stand on the bow and get some inspiration en route?

"You taste like a burger. I don't like you anymore."

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
Post #: 76
RE: Missed opportunity - 9/1/2008 12:05:55 PM   
Tech_Noir

On top of travel there was a participation fee of £180 - which is probably nothing to some of you more well off forumites but I just can't afford it at the moment.

Oh well, the woman at Babylon (one of the organisations) said she'd keep me informed of any future schemes since she liked my short film Circle.

http://www.babylon-film.eu/

(in reply to Neth)
Post #: 77
RE: Missed opportunity - 9/1/2008 1:27:47 PM   
mudweiser

£180 is loads to me. That's a months living.

Rotterdam is a lovely place, mind. Pity you couldn't go. In fact, I've been lucky enough to go to Holland a few times and it really is such an inspirational place, so relaxed and liberal.

I can see I'm not helping, I'll shush.

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
Post #: 78
RE: Missed opportunity - 9/1/2008 6:04:47 PM   
oui3d

Either your regional film board or maybe even Skillset might be able help. you shouldn't be excluded for economic reasons. If your film involved people local to you it might even be worth approaching
local charitable trusts. Failing that i'd even go so far as to plead poverty to you local rag!

Local Spielberg can't
make Final Cut!
"Insert Photograph Here"

Also have a look at the Media UK site and see what they've got to offer.

Damn! That's a pretty tight deadline!!

What i love about screeneast (My local regional waste of space and skin) is that Babylon is just the thing they should be pitching my way, and how do i find out it's going on. (and that screeneast have a fist in it) Here....

Ta Tech.

< Message edited by oui3d -- 9/1/2008 6:10:45 PM >

No French, German, Spanish or Scandinavian film company is allowed to release a film in America. No British film company is allowed to release a film in America. And yet we allow America 100% access to our domestic market.

The best Star Wars film was directed by a 55 year old journeyman. Mental isn't it?

(in reply to mudweiser)
Post #: 79
RE: Missed opportunity - 9/1/2008 6:11:30 PM   
James2183

Good luck with Skillset, they seem to only help people who are already doing quite well in the freelance market. 

Hey bub, I aint finished with you yet!

"We do not beat the reaper by living longer. We beat the reaper by living well and living fully" - Randy Pausch

(in reply to oui3d)
Post #: 80
RE: Missed opportunity - 9/1/2008 6:21:50 PM   
oui3d

Given the short time limit i'd honestly go the newspaper route.
The lad's got a track record and hopefully a reel.

You've got a reel ready haven't you Tech?

(in reply to James2183)
Post #: 81
RE: Missed opportunity - 9/1/2008 6:41:21 PM   
Tech_Noir

I got in touch with EM Media but since it's so soon they can't guarantee any support - although they did say they'll be going along to the festival themselves and they might bump into me there (thanks).

I also tried Skillset but got confused after 30 minutes of trying to understand their legal jargon. James is right Skillset is support for people in the industy who don't need any.

How life sucks when you're poor and at the bottom.

(and yes I have a reel, all professionally packaged)

< Message edited by Tech_Noir -- 9/1/2008 6:43:42 PM >

(in reply to oui3d)
Post #: 82
RE: Missed opportunity - 9/1/2008 6:43:44 PM   
Wilbert

quote:

I got in touch with EM Media but since it's so soon they can't guarantee any support - although they did say they'll be going along to the festival themselves and they might bump into me there (thanks).

I also tried Skillset but got confused after 30 minutes of trying to understand their legal jargon. James is right Skillset is support for people in the industy who don't need any.

How life sucks when you're poor and at the bottom.

Do you work, Tech?
What about a small bank loan? It'd be a shame to miss this.

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
Post #: 83
RE: Missed opportunity - 9/1/2008 6:45:17 PM   
Tech_Noir

I'm not working at the moment, which is why I can't risk spending so much money.

(in reply to Wilbert)
Post #: 84
RE: Missed opportunity - 9/1/2008 6:54:20 PM   
Wilbert

Well, Tech, if you can organise an electronic whip-round without going through PayPal, I'll chuck in a fiver to help make this dream come true!

Let's make this happen, people!!!

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
Post #: 85
RE: Missed opportunity - 9/1/2008 6:58:46 PM   
Tech_Noir

Appreciate it Willie but I've already declined the offer, they've got someone else.

(in reply to Wilbert)
Post #: 86
RE: Missed opportunity - 9/1/2008 7:14:46 PM   
oui3d

Sad to hear that Tech. Keep ploughing on tho!

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
Post #: 87
RE: Missed opportunity - 9/1/2008 7:31:52 PM   
James2183

I was going to start a new thread, but since this topic is about what we are doing I might as well post it here.

I am going to enter the straight8 super 8mm film competition and am need of a Super 8 camera. I have a camera but have never processed film on it so have no idea if it actually works. It's a bit of a long shot but I don't suppose anyone here has one that they would be willing to let me borrow or buy? I thought I would ask here before I head off to ebay and car boot sales in search of one that I know will work.

"We do not beat the reaper by living longer. We beat the reaper by living well and living fully" - Randy Pausch

(in reply to oui3d)
Post #: 88
RE: Missed opportunity - 15/1/2008 5:16:39 PM   
James2183

I have major writers block.

Thanks to a certain Empire poster I am now in possesion of a working Super 8 camera, but have no idea what to make a film about for the film contest I am applying to. Gah!!!!

(in reply to James2183)
Post #: 89
Clearing the Decks - 20/1/2008 8:25:02 PM   
oui3d

The Music video is done!
Edited, Re-edited Graded, Dumped to Hard Drive, Tape, DVD and hopefully winging its way to the client (Mates Girlfriend) via the miracle of Technomagery. Have made a conscious decision NOT to do the post heavy After Effects stuff as it just wasn't economically sound for me to be tied up doing post on what is essentially a favour. If the track is any good then someone else can either post it or reshoot the bugger. I however, have washed my hands of it (though i feel an exec producer credit might be in order) and can now get on with the job i was avoiding in the first place...

If i'm allowed to then i'll post a link to the Side by Side (Graded / Ungraded) video I made to prove that while we worked miracles on set. The real miracles were worked on my trusty Mac.

(in reply to James2183)
Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Filmmakers' Workshop >> RE: WILBERT Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI