Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: What are you up to?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Filmmakers' Workshop >> RE: What are you up to? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: What are you up to? - 25/9/2007 11:08:00 AM   
Tech_Noir

I've submitted two applications for DV Shorts, also got a Cinema Extreme application I'm waiting on (although I don't expect much from that).

I'm currently doing some last revisions on a feature drama I've been working on - got it down ro 139 pages now (originally 263).

(in reply to oui3d)
Post #: 31
RE: What are you up to? - 25/9/2007 2:05:26 PM   
Gazz

Currently brushing up several feature length scripts. Finished directing a Car Rental and I'm building myself up to University (Starts on the 1st).

(in reply to oui3d)
Post #: 32
RE: What are you up to? - 26/9/2007 2:02:23 PM   
mudweiser

I'm currently working on a film which will be part of an application for Screen Yorkshire's annual short film grant.

That's pretty much it, I've been jotting down ideas for a multi-film series based on this short film I did, '14a'; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEVzHAwRHZ0

That film has got some decent feedback on certain sites I've posted it on, so the idea is to film maybe a three-film series, expanding the story and putting it on a website somewhere, seeing where that will go.

The only problem is, now that I've finished Uni, I've no access to camera or equipment, and I'm currently working part-time, just earning enough to pay bills. If I go full-time, yes, I'll earn more, but when do I have time to film then?

If the grant thing doesn't work out, I think I might just have to work full time for a year or two, sell my soul working, saving up for stuff and just writing while I can. Although I'm twenty-three now, I don't want to be twenty-five/six and still have got no-where...

"Right now it's only a notion but I think I can get money to make it into a concept, and later, turn it into an idea."

I really hope that one day I'll actually finish one of the many scripts I'm writing.

(in reply to oui3d)
Post #: 33
RE: What are you up to? - 26/9/2007 11:45:17 PM   
Gazz

quote:

ORIGINAL: mudweiser

If the grant thing doesn't work out, I think I might just have to work full time for a year or two, sell my soul working

God Forbid!

(in reply to mudweiser)
Post #: 34
RE: What are you up to? - 27/9/2007 9:43:40 AM   
Tech_Noir

quote:

I don't want to be twenty-five/six and still have got no-where...

I'm 25 in a few weeks, still haven't got anywhere.

(in reply to mudweiser)
Post #: 35
RE: What are you up to? - 27/9/2007 5:14:22 PM   
mudweiser

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tech_Noir

quote:

You've done a lot more than I have; you've a few films under your belt. I've nothing.

And Gazz, you know what I mean. In some call centre or similar job where I have no intention of 'working my way up' and I'm just a sitting duck.

"Right now it's only a notion but I think I can get money to make it into a concept, and later, turn it into an idea."

I really hope that one day I'll actually finish one of the many scripts I'm writing.

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
Post #: 36
RE: What are you up to? - 27/9/2007 5:24:39 PM   
Gazz

quote:

quote:

quote:

You've done a lot more than I have; you've a few films under your belt. I've nothing.

And Gazz, you know what I mean. In some call centre or similar job where I have no intention of 'working my way up' and I'm just a sitting duck.

I know what you mean. I've worked in a supermarket for 3 years and gone nowhere.

But I believe you have to work hard to get to the place you want to be, whether you have to fund your own projects or not. I'm not having a dig though, mate.

(in reply to mudweiser)
Post #: 37
RE: What are you up to? - 27/9/2007 5:53:32 PM   
Tech_Noir

quote:

quote:

quote:

None of these shorts are hardly ground-breaking and I haven't won any major awards or recognition.

All if takes it one great piece of work and you're in there, otherwise you're out in the cold with everyone else.

(in reply to mudweiser)
Post #: 38
RE: What are you up to? - 27/9/2007 11:20:32 PM   
Vadersville

Just did a promo/introductory video for Rhys Giles, a hair stylist in the Loreal Talent Spotting 2007 Semi Finals. He won, so now the video will be shown also at the Grand Finals in London when he competes there too.

Plus I'm currently struggling through my third year of univeristy on BA Film and Video.

Confusion is a way of life, not a state of mind

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
Post #: 39
RE: What are you up to? - 28/9/2007 12:14:09 AM   
oui3d

A Hague dolly just arrived in the post. While it doesn't make me a better filmmaker, it does give me an extra couple of bullets in my shot Arsenal.

And hopefully reminds people that this is a filmmakers forum and not a let's bully the spacker forum...

< Message edited by oui3d -- 29/9/2007 2:34:54 AM >

No French, German, Spanish or Scandinavian film company is allowed to release a film in America. No British film company is allowed to release a film in America. And yet we allow America 100% access to our domestic market.

The best Star Wars film was directed by a 55 year old journeyman. Mental isn't it?

(in reply to Vadersville)
Post #: 40
RE: What are you up to? - 29/9/2007 2:34:16 AM   
oui3d

The Set is painted, the lights work! All that remains is to put those talky things that demand feeding in front of the camera and we're ready to go!

No French, German, Spanish or Scandinavian film company is allowed to release a film in America. No British film company is allowed to release a film in America. And yet we allow America 100% access to our domestic market.

The best Star Wars film was directed by a 55 year old journeyman. Mental isn't it?

(in reply to oui3d)
Post #: 41
RE: What are you up to? - 1/10/2007 9:46:51 PM   
Tech_Noir

I've just been hired to make a short documentary for a local Catholic school, didn't see that coming - but hey,  money's money.

(in reply to oui3d)
Post #: 42
RE: What are you up to? - 2/10/2007 12:38:31 PM   
oui3d

The question is... Have you already mentally spent your earnings from the Doc on Film-making Equipment?

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
Post #: 43
RE: What are you up to? - 2/10/2007 12:47:54 PM   
icelandicwolf

writing, writing, writing.

Finished first draft of Colony which is the pilot of a tv show i am working on, has created a bit of interest in the states from one agent.....
Also WIP in a feature film called Creation, which is going to be a action flick.

this is the captain, we may experience some slight turbelence and then explode!

(in reply to oui3d)
Post #: 44
RE: What are you up to? - 4/10/2007 11:04:20 PM   
oui3d

The music video is now shot and edited.
Sent treated versions (minus numerous 2D touch-ups) to the producer and a production designer friend, had some very good feedback.

Personal list of requirements for next shoot.
Bigger field monitor. (The A1 is capable of fantastic images but has a shitty VF)
Wide-Angle lens with decent optics. (Jessops wides don't cut it)
More power (everything tripped at 3.5k) so could only use half the lights we'd hired. (KinoFlo and LED is the future!)
More crew. (Find people you can trust, who don't want to be directors)

(in reply to icelandicwolf)
Post #: 45
RE: What are you up to? - 5/10/2007 12:25:42 PM   
Tech_Noir

Just put together a 100 page treatment/script for a story I originally wrote when I was 16.

Epic sci-fi action in the style of The Terminator and Aliens, so probably will never get made, but it's still fun putting it together.

(sketch I did of the antogonists when I was 16)

(in reply to oui3d)
Post #: 46
RE: What are you up to? - 5/10/2007 2:49:00 PM   
oui3d

Tech - Do you freelance or are you just frighteningly dedicated to your writing?

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
Post #: 47
RE: What are you up to? - 5/10/2007 3:11:48 PM   
Tech_Noir

I have no life.

BTW, I do like this new script/treatment. It has everything, Martian immigrants, futuristic marines, laser guns, hoverships, sinister villains, and my lame attempts at being political.

(in reply to oui3d)
Post #: 48
RE: What are you up to? - 6/10/2007 9:22:10 AM   
Elliot_J

I am currently waiting for my next big (or stupid) idea to pop into my tiny brain.

And I am also rewriting (for the 68th time) my screenplay about an obssessed group of fans - its a horror/comdey/documentary sort of thing based on a real group of people.

Out of order, I show you out of order. You don't know what out of order is, Mr. Trask. I'd show you, but I'm too old, I'm too tired, I'm too fuckin' blind. If I were the man I was five years ago, I'd take a FLAMETHROWER to this place!

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
Post #: 49
RE: What are you up to? - 8/10/2007 12:18:06 PM   
Tech_Noir

Just finished 60 page treatment for a sci-fi western called FRONTIERS.

It's sort of Stand By Me set on a Tatooine-like planet, following three orphaned kids who set off into the uncharted frontier deserts in search of gold, hotly pursued by a gang of outlaw bikers.  

Very light-hearted with Indiana Jones-style comedy.

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
Post #: 50
RE: What are you up to? - 9/10/2007 12:50:28 PM   
Prophet_of_Doom

Currently playing with actors' lives as I cast three features which is great because I hate actors.  Best.  Job.  Ever.  Woo haa haa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
Post #: 51
RE: What are you up to? - 12/10/2007 12:01:03 AM   
oui3d

Performed (and i DO mean performed.) a fantastic grade on the 2 scenes with weaker lighting. Now i got Reds you could eat and skin tones you could lick.

Started, Wire / Line removal.
Anyone who has done this before will know.... it's a sh*t job...

300 frames and there is no auto....

(in reply to Prophet_of_Doom)
Post #: 52
RE: What are you up to? - 22/10/2007 2:42:38 PM   
Tech_Noir

I'm about to apply to B3's Blank Slate scheme but the buggers still haven't put up the official application forms.

(in reply to oui3d)
Post #: 53
RE: What are you up to? - 6/12/2007 6:34:43 PM   
Tech_Noir

I'm now drafting a script for FRONTIERS, working from a treatment I wrote a short while back. My hope is to get a draft done before Christmas.

It's a sci-fi western set on the distant planet of Nuenia (very similar to Tatooine) and follows two orphaned siblings, Ark and Amy, as they search for gold in the frontier deserts whilst hotly pursued by outlaw bandits.

And for once it's a story with an upbeat feel and a happy(ish) ending.

Going for the Indiana Jones / Goonies lighthearted feel.

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
Post #: 54
RE: What are you up to? - 6/12/2007 11:02:18 PM   
Gazz

Working on a new draft of ROCKET MAN, a new angle for THE MINE and a collabritive piece that I'm not able to talk about .

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
Post #: 55
WILBERT - 9/12/2007 7:55:10 PM   
Tech_Noir

Just thought I'd mention that I've included a character named WILBERT in my sci-fi western script Frontiers.

He's a disgruntled retired miner who spends his time in a small town bar/pub, playing chess with another retired miner.

(in reply to Gazz)
Post #: 56
RE: WILBERT - 9/12/2007 9:33:06 PM   
Wilbert

quote:

Just thought I'd mention that I've included a character named WILBERT in my sci-fi western script Frontiers.

He's a disgruntled retired miner who spends his time in a small town bar/pub, playing chess with another retired miner.

I want my name OFF THIS PROJECT!!!!!

You're killing Independent George!!!!

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
Post #: 57
RE: WILBERT - 9/12/2007 9:41:09 PM   
Tech_Noir

Did I mention he's Irish?

(in reply to Wilbert)
Post #: 58
RE: WILBERT - 9/12/2007 11:29:31 PM   
Wilbert

quote:

I can picture it now! No doubt you've learned all you need to know about Irish people from watching Titanic.

You're killing Independent George!!!!

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
Post #: 59
RE: WILBERT - 10/12/2007 9:26:46 AM   
Tech_Noir

quote:

ORIGINAL: Wilbert

quote:

I can picture it now! No doubt you've learned all you need to know about Irish people from watching Titanic.

You are tap-dancing with a glass of Guinness in one scene.

(in reply to Wilbert)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Filmmakers' Workshop >> RE: What are you up to? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI