Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Flight of the Conchords

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> Flight of the Conchords Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Flight of the Conchords - 7/8/2007 10:38:28 PM   
Zaphod121

Anyone seen this newish HBO show? It's friggin hillarious, it repinds me alot of stuff like Peep Show, very subtle humor. It's about this two man band who are failing badly only have 1 fan, who follows them round everywhere, it's genius you guys should check it out.
Post #: 1
RE: Flight of the Conchords - 8/8/2007 9:29:24 AM   
elab49

Captain Black's mentioned it on the Pilots 2007-08 thread and I took the opportunity to have a look then. I've bought the radio one from Itunes too but haven't had a chance to listen to it yet.

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 2
RE: Flight of the Conchords - 8/8/2007 11:48:07 AM   
sngroover

Simply amazing.  I can't believe how much it makes me laugh, particularly Murray. The man is a genius.

Also, the songs are hilarious. Particularly "If you're into it". When Jermaine is busting out those choruses I can't stop laughing.

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 3
RE: Flight of the Conchords - 8/8/2007 12:16:09 PM   
Filmic Joe

Yup.  Damn hilarious.

People are sponges, waiting to be soaked in the knowledge of life.

"You Crazy, Wonderful Zombie!"

(in reply to sngroover)
Post #: 4
RE: Flight of the Conchords - 8/8/2007 1:48:14 PM   
Zaphod121

quote:

ORIGINAL: sngroover

Simply amazing.  I can't believe how much it makes me laugh, particularly Murray. The man is a genius.

Also, the songs are hilarious. Particularly "If you're into it". When Jermaine is busting out those choruses I can't stop laughing.

Yeah, I love the fact that he takes the register when theres only 3 of them there, pure genius

(in reply to sngroover)
Post #: 5
RE: Flight of the Conchords - 16/8/2007 9:57:04 PM   
Zaphod121

Anyone know how well this series is doing ratings wise?

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 6
RE: Flight of the Conchords - 18/8/2007 2:13:43 PM   
Zaphod121

Anyone?

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 7
RE: Flight of the Conchords - 18/8/2007 3:30:43 PM   
furrybastard

Well enough to get a second series anyway ---> Click

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 8
RE: Flight of the Conchords - 18/8/2007 9:33:31 PM   
Zaphod121

Great! You can always count on HBO to produce the best

(in reply to furrybastard)
Post #: 9
RE: Flight of the Conchords - 18/8/2007 10:13:45 PM   
furrybastard

Bah! I'm still upset they cancelled John from Cincinnati (though not surprised!) 

I haven't checked out this show yet, I'll probably get around to it sooner or later.

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 10
RE: Flight of the Conchords - 18/9/2007 9:11:08 PM   
Mason Verger

Flight of the Conchords Special: One Night Stand
Tuesday 18 September
9:30pm - 10:00pm
BBC4

The comedy song justifi ably has a bad rep, but it's been rehabilitated by this New Zealand duo, who are already beloved of Radio 2 listeners. Ahead of their proper series next week, here's a concert showcasing their killer combination of musical expertise and utter, utter stupidity. It's funny enough to see two pasty white guys with acoustic guitars parody funk, rap and ragga so accurately, especially as the Conchords are blessed with innately comical faces that can get a laugh with the smallest change of expression. But the songs themselves - including Hip-Hopopotamus v Rhymenoceros, She's So Hot (Boom!)
and Albi the Racist Dragon - are symphonies of silliness, full of brilliantly timed jokes and warm self-deprecation. The smile on your face will grow wider and wider.

RT reviewer - Jack SealeVIDEO Plus+: 9276019
Subtitled, Widescreen

Mind like parachute - only function when open.

Be excellent to each other.

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 11
RE: Flight of the Conchords - 19/9/2007 10:03:08 AM   
elab49

Pretty sure this is repeated a couple of times more this week as well - the HBO series starts on BBC4 next week as well.

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to Mason Verger)
Post #: 12
RE: Flight of the Conchords - 19/9/2007 10:29:23 AM   
discodave101

The actual series starts Tuesday, 25th Sept at 9.30 on BBC4 (strange channel choice?) if anyone wants to set their Sky+.

I've set it to record based on Zaphods glowing reviews alone.

"Softly softly, catchy monkey"

"I didn't know you spoke spanish"

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 13
RE: Flight of the Conchords - 19/9/2007 10:32:34 AM   
Felix

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbbxA8a_M_s

Fantastic stuff!

[This space for rent] -

(in reply to discodave101)
Post #: 14
RE: Flight of the Conchords - 19/9/2007 10:46:54 AM   
discodave101

quote:

ORIGINAL: Felix

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbbxA8a_M_s

Fantastic stuff!

Now thats fucking funny! I'm very much looking forward to the show now!

(in reply to Felix)
Post #: 15
RE: Flight of the Conchords - 19/9/2007 10:50:48 AM   
Felix

quote:

ORIGINAL: sngroover

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pY8jaGs7xJ0&mode=related&search=

Thanks for the heads up for this, looking at the clips on YouTube its fucking brilliant!!

[This space for rent] -

(in reply to sngroover)
Post #: 16
RE: Flight of the Conchords - 19/9/2007 1:05:42 PM   
Lebowski

Caught most of this last night completely by accident, loved it.  It's on again at 11 on Friday.

My Top 100 watched from 2006 on - http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=1121772&mpage=1&key=&NID=0#1159794

DVD Profiler - http://www.intervocative.com/DVDCollection.aspx/Barbapapa

(in reply to Felix)
Post #: 17
RE: Flight of the Conchords - 19/9/2007 3:38:45 PM   
AndyR

I can't wait for the series to start, though it's a shame they're going to bury it on BBC4- didn't they do the same with Curb Your Enthusiasm?

A man chooses, a slave obeys.

(in reply to Lebowski)
Post #: 18
RE: Flight of the Conchords - 19/9/2007 4:21:22 PM   
Zaphod121

Glad more of you guys are going to check this out as it really deserves to be noticed.

(in reply to AndyR)
Post #: 19
RE: Flight of the Conchords - 19/9/2007 5:21:18 PM   
AndyR

I watched the first few episodes thanks to, erm, my American uncle,  and it really is one of the funniest shows I've seen in years- even the adverts for the show on last night were funnier than 90% of the sitcoms on tv at the moment.

A man chooses, a slave obeys.

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 20
RE: Flight of the Conchords - 19/9/2007 6:30:40 PM   
Jim

My friends have been raving about this show for weeks, I'm glad it's coming to BBC4 (though that is a strange place to put it, and I'm sure to forget!).

"Oh shit, swamp leeches! Everybody! Check for swamp leeches and pull them off! ...nobody else got hit? I'm the only one? What's the deal?"

(in reply to AndyR)
Post #: 21
RE: Flight of the Conchords - 25/9/2007 8:02:04 PM   
Mason Verger

Starts tonight, 9.30 on BBC4.

Mind like parachute - only function when open.

Be excellent to each other.

(in reply to Jim)
Post #: 22
RE: Flight of the Conchords - 25/9/2007 11:24:08 PM   
soderbergh1

i missed it tonight! damnit!! anyone know when its repeated?

"Well, when an adult male is chasing a female with intent to commit rape, I shoot the bastard. That's my policy."

LAST 3 FILMS WATCHED:
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe ***
Iron Man ***
Dasavatharam ***

(in reply to Mason Verger)
Post #: 23
RE: Flight of the Conchords - 26/9/2007 9:41:26 PM   
lyra

Its repeated at 11pm on friday on bbc4.  
I really enjoyed the first episode of this, with this and charlie brooker theres finally something good to watch on tuesday nights again.  

(in reply to soderbergh1)
Post #: 24
RE: Flight of the Conchords - 26/9/2007 11:37:53 PM   
soderbergh1

thanks for that. i may stick to watching it on a friday so that i can watch it back to back with Qi.

"Well, when an adult male is chasing a female with intent to commit rape, I shoot the bastard. That's my policy."

LAST 3 FILMS WATCHED:
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe ***
Iron Man ***
Dasavatharam ***

(in reply to lyra)
Post #: 25
RE: Flight of the Conchords - 27/9/2007 11:34:43 AM   
Castor Troy

Just watched those YouTube clips - that's some funny shit! I'll donwload the episode I missed the other night and try and watch the rest from now on.

The individual human mind. In a child's ability to master the multiplication table, there is more holiness than all your shouted hosannas and holy holies. An idea is more important than a monument and the advancement of Man's knowledge more miraculous than all the sticks turned to snakes and the parting of the waters.

(in reply to soderbergh1)
Post #: 26
RE: Flight of the Conchords - 27/9/2007 5:05:38 PM   
discodave101

I think I liked it - but the missus certainly DIDN'T. I'll give it another 2 trys and see how I feel about it then before I formulate a final opinion. I'm worried a format such as this could get old really quick.

The guy in the lift with the tap was the funniest bit. 

(in reply to Castor Troy)
Post #: 27
RE: Flight of the Conchords - 27/9/2007 5:37:59 PM   
Castor Troy

quote:

ORIGINAL: discodave101

I think I liked it - but the missus certainly DIDN'T. I'll give it another 2 trys and see how I feel about it then before I formulate a final opinion. I'm worried a format such as this could get old really quick.

The guy in the lift with the tap was the funniest bit. 

"Doesnt work" hahaha

I liked it - laughed out loud a few times - most of the songs were really funny. I'll definately keep watching.

The individual human mind. In a child's ability to master the multiplication table, there is more holiness than all your shouted hosannas and holy holies. An idea is more important than a monument and the advancement of Man's knowledge more miraculous than all the sticks turned to snakes and the parting of the waters.

(in reply to discodave101)
Post #: 28
RE: Flight of the Conchords - 28/9/2007 12:05:15 AM   
homersimpson_esq

I've said before that I almost always give new shows two episodes. I turned this off after 18 minutes, having only laughed once - at the 'doesn't work' tap bit.
Whenever anyone says anything negative about a comedy programme, it's very easy to come across as a po-faced humourless twit. Maybe I'm tired, and in the wrong mood, but it just didn't do anything for me. It didn't actively annoy me, as some comedy is wont to do. You know the sort - comedy is usually either hilarious, or gratingly annoying. This falls into neither category for me, and just seemed dull, with uninteresting and obvious songs. One of the funniest bits was the New Zealand tourism posters. "New Zealand. Like Lord of the Rings", etc.

Having only watched part of episode one, maybe I need to give it another try another day. But for the bit that I saw, I saw a lot of the jokes coming from some way. Like the constant bickering over what it was that made the date fail continuing into the aforementioned lift. Or the arguing over whether having the three of them at the meal would be awkward, culminating in the meal itself with a 'comedic' pause and the guy with glasses saying, 'yeah, actually it is a bit awkward'. It didn't annoy me, I was just ambivalent about it.

Now, convince me that it gets a hell of a lot better, and I might be more tempted to give it another go - because, after reading this thread, I thought I was going to be crying with laughter.

That deep-browed Homer ruled as his demesne.

Bristol Bad Film Club
A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

(in reply to Castor Troy)
Post #: 29
RE: Flight of the Conchords - 28/9/2007 9:05:31 AM   
discodave101

quote:

ORIGINAL: homersimpson_esq

I've said before that I almost always give new shows two episodes. I turned this off after 18 minutes, having only laughed once - at the 'doesn't work' tap bit.
Whenever anyone says anything negative about a comedy programme, it's very easy to come across as a po-faced humourless twit. Maybe I'm tired, and in the wrong mood, but it just didn't do anything for me. It didn't actively annoy me, as some comedy is wont to do. You know the sort - comedy is usually either hilarious, or gratingly annoying. This falls into neither category for me, and just seemed dull, with uninteresting and obvious songs. One of the funniest bits was the New Zealand tourism posters. "New Zealand. Like Lord of the Rings", etc.

Having only watched part of episode one, maybe I need to give it another try another day. But for the bit that I saw, I saw a lot of the jokes coming from some way. Like the constant bickering over what it was that made the date fail continuing into the aforementioned lift. Or the arguing over whether having the three of them at the meal would be awkward, culminating in the meal itself with a 'comedic' pause and the guy with glasses saying, 'yeah, actually it is a bit awkward'. It didn't annoy me, I was just ambivalent about it.

Now, convince me that it gets a hell of a lot better, and I might be more tempted to give it another go - because, after reading this thread, I thought I was going to be crying with laughter.

Are you my girlfriend? You sound just like she did.

I'm still gonna give the 2nd episode another try, but I'm not holding out hope. I do agree with some of your comments Homer, especially the obvious jokes like the 3 at the meal.

I loved the 'One Night Stand' live performance by the way, I thought that was hilarious.

(in reply to homersimpson_esq)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> Flight of the Conchords Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI