Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN! Page: <<   < prev  6 7 8 [9] 10   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN! - 7/2/2012 7:40:57 PM   
Snake-Eyes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rgirvan44

The bad guy has a personal relationship with the hero and a tragic past? Check
There is an action scene on the Brooklyn Bridge? Check
The bad guy has a big old machine of evil that Spidey needs to shut down? Check

A TOTALLY FRESH TAKE ON THE SPIDER-MAN FRANCHISE!

"When you have to shoot, shoot don't talk."

http://www.expendablespremiere.com/index.html

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 241
RE: THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN! - 7/2/2012 7:58:21 PM   
kumar

100% meh.

"Darth Silas - I love Craig as Bond too. Genius. "- Jackmansgirl 15/7/2008

Last films watched:

The Road - 4/5
Chronicle - 4/5
Twilight Breaking Dawn p1 - 1/5
Warrior - 5/5
Super 8 - 5/5
Paranormal Activity 3 - 3/5
MI 4 - 2/5

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 242
RE: Spider-Man 4 - 7/2/2012 8:12:31 PM   
fuzzy

Looks decent enough, but by the look of it Spiderman keeps losing his mask - quite a few shots of him without it. He's not a big enough star to demand 'face time' (like Stallone in Dredd), so don't get it. Spiderman - mask, Parker - no mask. Simple.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 243
RE: Spider-Man 4 - 7/2/2012 8:27:08 PM   
Vadersville

There's nothing in this trailer that makes me change my mind that this reboot is anything but pointless. I mean fair enough recast but why do we need another origin story. Couldn't we have had this story with The Lizard and Peter discovering more about his parents death following on from the last one in Spider-Man 4? Heck, they even had Gwen Stacy introduced to be be the new love interest...

Confusion is a way of life, not a state of mind

(in reply to fuzzy)
Post #: 244
RE: Spider-Man 4 - 8/2/2012 8:50:00 AM   
IamMax

So because Nolan did a successful job re-booting the darker Batman we need to have a new, darker Spider-Man, with a scene involving his parents leaving him. If anything this makes Peter Parker a nicer character as he seems to really appreciate Aunt May and Uncle Ben while still working out his own... 'problem', not screw him up. Why do they so often think success comes from copying something else that was successful rather than just doing something good (hard to quanitfy I know but it ain't like this). It's like when Fox set up their 'exploit the churches' division after 'The Passion...' and tried to repeat the success using a much more boring story (the donkey might drown...) with The Nativity. I don't know how good this will be, but the meetings they had at least seem obvious.

(in reply to Vadersville)
Post #: 245
RE: Spider-Man 4 - 8/2/2012 10:18:22 AM   
Mojo

quote:

ORIGINAL: IamMax

So because Nolan did a successful job re-booting the darker Batman we need to have a new, darker Spider-Man, with a scene involving his parents leaving him. If anything this makes Peter Parker a nicer character as he seems to really appreciate Aunt May and Uncle Ben while still working out his own... 'problem', not screw him up. Why do they so often think success comes from copying something else that was successful rather than just doing something good (hard to quanitfy I know but it ain't like this). It's like when Fox set up their 'exploit the churches' division after 'The Passion...' and tried to repeat the success using a much more boring story (the donkey might drown...) with The Nativity. I don't know how good this will be, but the meetings they had at least seem obvious.

Its really annoyed me. A totally pointless reboot and it doesn't even look that good. Sure, the suit is kind of cool and so are his web shooters, but the brief glimpses of the Lizard don't impress and are we really expected to sit through another 45 mintues of angsty Parker discovering his powers and learning to deal with them? No thank you.

Then again, I am a Sam Raimi fanboy so I was never gonna get behind this picture. I'm probably go and see it though, which is the most annoying thing.

Let's shove a stick up that wolf's ass.

(in reply to IamMax)
Post #: 246
RE: Spider-Man 4 - 9/2/2012 9:17:23 AM   
IamMax

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mojo

Its really annoyed me. A totally pointless reboot and it doesn't even look that good. Sure, the suit is kind of cool and so are his web shooters, but the brief glimpses of the Lizard don't impress and are we really expected to sit through another 45 mintues of angsty Parker discovering his powers and learning to deal with them? No thank you.

Then again, I am a Sam Raimi fanboy so I was never gonna get behind this picture. I'm probably go and see it though, which is the most annoying thing.

Also I think Spidey does look nice and spindly in motion, but yes I'm not sure that's enough or about how The Lizard will fit in...

(in reply to Mojo)
Post #: 247
RE: AMAZING SPIDER-MAN - 9/2/2012 10:41:59 AM   
itsmandylee101

quote:

ORIGINAL: musht

New trailer should be up tonight/tomorrow, until then here are some reactions and descriptions, may contain spoilers

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=86676

http://www.totalfilm.com/news/the-amazing-spider-man-sneak-peak-footage-reaction

Thanks for the links! The trailer gave me goosebumps because I have been waiting for this movie. I have so much faith in Andrew Garfield and Emma Watson to rock this movie!

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 248
RE: AMAZING SPIDER-MAN - 9/2/2012 12:14:18 PM   
st3veebee

Am I the only one who thought the trailer looks, well, dreadful?

-Terrible CGI bad guy: meaning the fight sequences will be a floaty mess.

-Another bloody action sequence on the Brooklyn Bridge

-Denis Leary. DENIS LEARY.

-Cringy dialogue.

Just doesn't seem to have the heart that Raimi put into the first 2. I do like AG and ES so maybe it will surprise me.

Latest Films:

Two days in New York: 4/5

Prometheus: 3.5/5

Abe Lincoln: VH 3/5

Twin Peaks: FWWM 3.5/5

(in reply to itsmandylee101)
Post #: 249
RE: THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN! - 9/2/2012 12:22:19 PM   
jcthefirst

quote:

ORIGINAL: Snake-Eyes

It's.... For people who are easily pleased really eh?

lol

@Jonny_C85

My Movie Blog | My Other Various Rantings Blog

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 250
RE: THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN! - 9/2/2012 12:44:50 PM   
Titanm21

I'm looking forward to this as I do like me some Spidey. I was never a big fan of the Rami ones so I've had a REAL long wait to see a decent Spider-Man film.

www.TrailerHouseMusings@Blogspot.com

Join us for all the latest trailers in the world of Gaming, TV and Movies [also Facebook and Twitter]

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 251
RE: AMAZING SPIDER-MAN - 9/2/2012 5:44:16 PM   
doubtlesswonder

quote:

ORIGINAL: itsmandylee101

quote:

New trailer should be up tonight/tomorrow, until then here are some reactions and descriptions, may contain spoilers

http://www.totalfilm.com/news/the-amazing-spider-man-sneak-peak-footage-reaction

Thanks for the links! The trailer gave me goosebumps because I have been waiting for this movie. I have so much faith in Andrew Garfield and Emma Watson to rock this movie!

Emma Stone, not Emma Watson!

quote:

homersimpson_esq
"Will someone please get this motherfuckin' horcrux outta this motherfuckin' snake."

quote:

homersimpson_esq
"See Mr Grey.
See Mr Grey abuse women.
Run women, run."

(in reply to itsmandylee101)
Post #: 252
RE: AMAZING SPIDER-MAN - 15/2/2012 4:16:59 PM   
Emyr Thy King

quote:

ORIGINAL: doubtlesswonder

quote:

ORIGINAL: itsmandylee101

quote:

Emma Stone, not Emma Watson!

Calm down babydoll, we all know the difference. I think Emma Watson...no Mary Jane Watson...dagnabit, I mean Emma Stone looks all right actually.

I have to say, going by the latest trailer I am totally sold on the film! I think Garfield looks much better than Dolphin smiling Maguire. And the physicality of Spider-man to me, has been much more faithfully translated from the source material. He acts more like a 'ninja', which sounds like something a 13 year-old or our resident Rheum rhabarbarum would say but there's definitely a different 'sense' with this spider-man.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mojo

It's not pointless if they thought there was no merit in carrying on with Raimi's continuity, and instead start a new one. Personally, I don't give a shit. I think if something doesn't work, cut it loose and start again. Rather than cling on to it (yes pun) for the sake of sentimentality. It's five years after the last film was relased, some act as though it was only last year. More than enough time to get the idea over that this is a fresh start. I don't care about exploring the origins of Peter Parker and Spider-man again. You need to flesh out the background and the character's history if you want the film to be more engaging. Especially as people still remember the previous films. I'm intrigued to know what they're doing with the backstory of his parents and Dr. Connors; who at least will become the Lizard in this film. There's the addition of the mechanised web-shooters which is interesting, it adds a certain level of danger to Spider-man (running out of web fluid, jamming, being damaged etc) and it actually shows how he's able to apply his love and knowledge of science, particularly chemistry into practice. In addition, starting with Gwen Stacy which follows the comics as I understand is a welcome departure as we're not re-treading the same ground exactly.

Although it's funny how you mentioned being a 'Raimi fanboy', which will predispose you to be averse to the film. Furthermore, if it'll annoy that much, don't go and bloody watch it then. . We could do with less 'angst' here.

< Message edited by Emyr Thy King -- 15/2/2012 4:28:41 PM >

"This whole imbroglio is epiphenomenal"...."demigogic faux egalitarianism" - Will Self

(in reply to doubtlesswonder)
Post #: 253
RE: AMAZING SPIDER-MAN - 15/2/2012 5:10:22 PM   
musht

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=87097

New international trailer here, isn't an awful lot of new footage (probably for the best) although people worried about having his mask off may find a bit of comfort here.
To be honest I'm very excited about this new movie, whether that makes me "easily pleased" I don't really care, this looks like it will have a lot more edge that the Raimi films and the action looks better, as Emyr pointed Spider-Man's physicality looks far more impressive here

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

"What the hell are Regionals!?"

"color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color"

(in reply to Emyr Thy King)
Post #: 254
RE: AMAZING SPIDER-MAN - 15/2/2012 9:47:21 PM   
jobloffski

Why are people assuming the extent of mask off while in spidey suit moments in the trailer will somehow be proportionally reflected during the running time of the film itslef? They're promoting a new actor in the role and the trailer is for people who have no idea of the casting change at all compared to people who actually follow this stuff, not the netnerd fraternity, (and as far as I can tell, there wont be anything like the ridiculous amount of people seeing spidey unmasked in S2, when he's unconscious).

I bet absolutely nobody a million quid the secret identity thing wont be a problem, the girl finds out who he is soon enough not to have the film waste time with parker whining over whether he can risk telling her, Connors will know who he is (the trailer all but reveals that) and when the cops unmask him, he'll use the speed he can move/jump around at to take out every copper before they get a good clear look at him.

He wont need to any kind of head/face disguise on if he is talking to people who know who he is, or if he is alone, and the only time in the trailer those things don;t seem to apply is when he's on his knees and the cop is pulling the mask off, and that wont end up with parker being identified, because that fucks the film just as changing the story in S3 to 'somebody else killed Uncle Ben' fucked the entire foundation of the character and helped make a reboot necessary.

< Message edited by jobloffski -- 15/2/2012 9:54:53 PM >

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 255
RE: THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN! - 15/2/2012 10:48:52 PM   
MonsterCat

quote:

Snobbery is fun, ain't it?

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 256
RE: THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN! - 16/2/2012 12:14:24 AM   
rich

No he's right - unless people are actually impressed by the rubbish version of The Lizard they've shown the trailer has nothing new at all. Can't see what everyone is exciting about.

Meanwhile...

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 257
RE: THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN! - 16/2/2012 12:50:51 AM   
MonsterCat

quote:

ORIGINAL: rich

No he's right - unless people are actually impressed by the rubbish version of The Lizard they've shown the trailer has nothing new at all. Can't see what everyone is exciting about.

No, he really isn't. The monster shown in the trailer might not necessarily be representative of what's in the finished film. This film is, what, six months away from release? Plenty of time to touch up the SFX.

I usually wait until a film is done and out on the streets before I start judgeing shit, as cruel and unusual as that seem. I also try not to make snobby little comments about people's differing perceptions of what is awesome and what isn't.

EDIT - Jeez my grammar really sucks.

< Message edited by MonsterCat -- 16/2/2012 1:03:53 AM >

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 258
RE: Spiderman reboot - 16/2/2012 9:42:24 AM   
Dannybohy

IMO, The only good thing about Ramis Spiderman was the organic Webshooting and Doc Oc! the rest of the franchise was Clown shoes! even my 5yr old son noticed that Mcguire was wearing a heavily  (and badly) padded spider suit! " His spiderman suit is just like mine daddy! with muscles in it", you said it son!.
As much as I personally hate the idea of Peter making his web-shooters! I know I know! thats whats in the comics! but I thought the movie was improvement to the Spidey charater! Im still kind of looking forward to the new Movie and i think the casting is already way way way superior to Ramis!

< Message edited by Dannybohy -- 16/2/2012 9:52:28 AM >

'Man of Steel!,Man of Shit!' -fairyprincess

(in reply to kumar)
Post #: 259
RE: THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN! - 16/2/2012 1:20:05 PM   
Cool Breeze

quote:

ORIGINAL: MonsterCat

quote:

Stallone isnt in it.That means it must be bad right?

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 260
RE: THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN! - 16/2/2012 1:35:22 PM   
JIm R

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze

quote:

quote:

No need to be a douche man.

(in reply to Cool Breeze)
Post #: 261
RE: THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN! - 16/2/2012 1:37:53 PM   
Harry Tuttle

quote:

ORIGINAL: JIm R

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze

quote:

quote:

No need to be a douche man.

I'd say he was fighting fire with fire personally. The original comment was douchey itself.

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

(in reply to JIm R)
Post #: 262
RE: THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN! - 16/2/2012 1:54:43 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: rich

No, he really isn't. The monster shown in the trailer might not necessarily be representative of what's in the finished film. This film is, what, six months away from release? Plenty of time to touch up the SFX.

I usually wait until a film is done and out on the streets before I start judgeing shit, as cruel and unusual as that seem. I also try not to make snobby little comments about people's differing perceptions of what is awesome and what isn't.

I think you should give yourself a big pat on the back!

Pack your bags, we're going on a guilt trip!

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 263
RE: THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN! - 16/2/2012 3:15:07 PM   
MonsterCat

That post did come off as a little bit self-congratulatory, didn't it?

< Message edited by MonsterCat -- 16/2/2012 6:23:32 PM >

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to DONOVAN KURTWOOD)
Post #: 264
RE: YES! - 4/5/2012 1:25:31 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

Holy crap, colour me totally surprised but the new trailer is pretty awesome! I actually think the movie looks really good now, especially as it downplays the origin aspect, focusing on the action, with lots more footage of the Lizard. I'm actually looking forward to seeing this now.

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/

Pack your bags, we're going on a guilt trip!
Post #: 265
RE: YES! - 4/5/2012 5:13:56 PM   
Wild about Wilder

Really like Garfields take on Peter/Spidey has the youthfull look & humor when in costume that quite frankly Toby never really quite managed to pull off.

Post #: 266
RE: YES! - 4/5/2012 7:38:11 PM   
kumar

quote:

ORIGINAL: DONOVAN KURTWOOD

Holy crap, colour me totally surprised but the new trailer is pretty awesome! I actually think the movie looks really good now, especially as it downplays the origin aspect, focusing on the action, with lots more footage of the Lizard. I'm actually looking forward to seeing this now.

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/

Got to say its made a better impression on me too. There are some nice shots of spiderman doing his poses at various points of the trailer. Got to say though it doesnt look too much different than the previous efforts. I dont see why they didnt continue on with Raimi and just incoorporate this story in there somehow (if you look over the budget issue- Spidey 4 was always going to make millions)

"Darth Silas - I love Craig as Bond too. Genius. "- Jackmansgirl 15/7/2008

Last films watched:

The Road - 4/5
Chronicle - 4/5
Twilight Breaking Dawn p1 - 1/5
Warrior - 5/5
Super 8 - 5/5
Paranormal Activity 3 - 3/5
MI 4 - 2/5

Post #: 267
RE: YES! - 1/6/2012 2:30:39 PM   
IamMax

The effects and as said Spidey's movements are better, but I guess that's to be expected with effects progress. But I still think it looks like doesn't quite know what it wants to be. Dark edge roots movie or one with a great big lizard crushing New York?

(in reply to kumar)
Post #: 268
RE: Spiderman reboot - 4/6/2012 2:02:15 AM   
Dirk Miggler

Anyones else see that god awful trailer before Prometheus. It was like 10 minutes long. why ?

(in reply to kumar)
Post #: 269
RE: Spiderman reboot - 4/6/2012 4:16:17 AM   
Spaldron

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dirk Miggler

Anyones else see that god awful trailer before Prometheus. It was like 10 minutes long. why ?

Fuck yes, it went on for ages, I have no idea what they were thinking. It was like half a trailer and several full scenes intercut. Completely stupid and pointless, really didn't interest me in the slightest.

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts
And I looked and behold, a pale horse
And his name that sat on him was Death
And Hell followed with him.

(in reply to Dirk Miggler)
Post #: 270
Page:   <<   < prev  6 7 8 [9] 10   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN! Page: <<   < prev  6 7 8 [9] 10   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI