Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Lizard's Happening

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: Lizard's Happening Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Lizard's Happening - 14/1/2011 6:29:52 PM   
Dirk Miggler

So long as its a good film who gives a shit ?

If it bombs or ends up being shit then fine.

Personally im not too bothered about the re-boot, as much as I enjoyed Raimi's take on Spiderman he only nailed the 1 out of 3 for me, obviously thats Spiderman 2. The first is a okay, decent origin tale nothing more. And the third has some great action but is a bit of a mess. I agree with an earlier post that I too find Garfield and Stone to be far more engaging leads.

I'll reserve judment for when I see it.

(in reply to BatFan)
Post #: 91
RE: Lizard's Happening - 15/1/2011 1:32:01 PM   
Darth Marenghi

quote:

ORIGINAL: Marwood

As for Raimi continuing the series I think it was time for a change - I see his films as odes to the 60s comics run by Lee, Kirby et al

Ditko, surely? Kirby didn't have a vast amount to do with Spider-Man, though I believe he did draw the iconic cover to the Amazing Fantasy #15:

[image]http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20050930152754/marveldatabase/images/thumb/6/6c/Amazing_Fantasy_Vol_1_15.jpg/300px-Amazing_Fantasy_Vol_1_15.jpg[/image]

Invisible Text for SPOILERS: "color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color" , then change the quotation marks to square brackets.

(in reply to Marwood)
Post #: 92
Skinny Spider - 17/1/2011 3:00:31 PM   
Macavity

quote:

ORIGINAL: The Hooded Man
even when he's being influenced by an evil alien symbiote he's so inherently decent and kind his idea of dark behaviour is dancing and acting in a goofy manner.

This. I'm still amazed that people and critics didn't pick up on this point on its release. Being a prat is about as 'evil' as Peter can manage. It's a missed opportunity sadly admitted but Spider-man 3 was still an enjoyable brainless blockbuster.

In their Empire interview I recall the Sony chiefs' mention of the James Bond series. I think it's their intention now to keep Parker as a kid that never ages and the stories as less episodic (they have after all picked a new villain. This will go ok for me if, like others on the board have already stated, they don't go the whole hog with an origin story.

< Message edited by Macavity -- 17/1/2011 3:01:07 PM >

(in reply to The Hooded Man)
Post #: 93
RE: Lizard's Happening - 17/1/2011 4:10:14 PM   
Marwood

quote:

ORIGINAL: Darth Marenghi

quote:

As for Raimi continuing the series I think it was time for a change - I see his films as odes to the 60s comics run by Lee, Kirby et al

Ditko, surely? Kirby didn't have a vast amount to do with Spider-Man, though I believe he did draw the iconic cover to the Amazing Fantasy #15:

[image]http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20050930152754/marveldatabase/images/thumb/6/6c/Amazing_Fantasy_Vol_1_15.jpg/300px-Amazing_Fantasy_Vol_1_15.jpg[/image]

Yep you're right, whenever I think of the 60s runs of Marvel characters it's usually Kirby that springs to mind because of his association with them. I think he had a hand in the creation of Spidey and rendered his first couple of appearances but when the character was given a monthly series Lee drafted Ditko in for it.

Macavity's note about the James Bond comparison is an interesting idea actually that would justify a reboot of sorts (change of cast, change of approach depending on the time it was made) every few films in, I do recall the Bond thing being mentioned before too but I took it to mean that they saw Spidey as a series that would endure for a long, long time - I don't remember them getting specific about how though.

If they took that approach then it does throw the decision in a new light. Damn, maybe I've been too harsh on Sony.

Bilbo: What about the Ewoks? They were rubbish.

Tim: Yeah but Jar Jar Binks makes the Ewoks look like f***ing Shaft!

(in reply to Darth Marenghi)
Post #: 94
RE: Lizard's Happening - 17/1/2011 4:26:24 PM   
BatFan

Emma Stone confirmed last night on the red carpet at the Golden Globes that Spidey's webbing is from the Mechanical webshooters, not natural.

"You are in hell, little man! And I am the devil!"
"You're not the devil. You're practice"

(in reply to Marwood)
Post #: 95
RE: Lizard's Happening - 18/1/2011 4:38:50 PM   
Wild about Wilder

When watching the Globes couldn't thathom out who Downey Jr was talking about when he said hello to Emma untill he read out the nominations she sure had me fooled I couldn't recognise her as a blonde.

(in reply to BatFan)
Post #: 96
RE: Lizard's Happening - 19/1/2011 9:36:13 AM   
JIm R

Link from Superhero hype on filming in LA, bit of a warning, there is just a hint of Nicholas Hammond about it all 

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/113976-footage-from-the-spider-man-set

(in reply to Wild about Wilder)
Post #: 97
RE: Lizard's Happening - 19/1/2011 10:23:07 AM   
BatFan

IGN is reporting that the reason no-one has yet to be cast as J. Jonah Jameson is because he's not in the film.

(in reply to JIm R)
Post #: 98
RE: Lizard's Happening - 19/1/2011 10:26:34 AM   
JIm R

quote:

ORIGINAL: BatFan

IGN is reporting that the reason no-one has yet to be cast as J. Jonah Jameson is because he's not in the film.

I read that too, seems either a brave or strange decision, as are many choices on this film, not sure it's a wise one NOT having him in the film.

I just think they want every connection with previous Raimi films severed.

(in reply to BatFan)
Post #: 99
RE: Lizard's Happening - 19/1/2011 10:43:44 AM   
Marwood

Suppose it depends on the story too.

It would be a shame not to see Peter there at all but I'd rather see the Bugle and it's staff feature for a story related reason rather than be shoehorned in - there's too many instances of filmmakers doing winks and nods to the comics in the film adaptations which ultimately just make the films too busy or just do the characters/settings disservice. See the X-Men films (particularly 3 and Wolverine) in terms of cameos and throwaway scenes which just end up being distracting or worthless.

Plus they'll have a job replacing the magnificent JK Simmons - that's a bigger challenge than finding the new Peter Parker imo

(in reply to JIm R)
Post #: 100
RE: Lizard's Happening - 19/1/2011 12:58:42 PM   
The Hooded Man

I presume this will be completely set in high school then if there's no Bugle.

Counting the minutes until the over zealous mods lock this thread too.

(in reply to Marwood)
Post #: 101
Eye Spy(der) - 19/1/2011 4:07:59 PM   
Macavity

quote:

ORIGINAL: JIm R
Link from Superhero hype on filming in LA, bit of a warning, there is just a hint of Nicholas Hammond about it all 
http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/113976-footage-from-the-spider-man-set

Damn. You're right.

I was hoping they'd go the wide-eyed look.

< Message edited by Macavity -- 19/1/2011 4:30:29 PM >

(in reply to JIm R)
Post #: 102
RE: Eye Spy(der) - 26/1/2011 3:47:46 PM   
horribleives

There's some new pics on aintitcool. Hmm, is it just me or has Garfield got an enormous head?

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to Macavity)
Post #: 103
RE: Lizard's Happening - 27/1/2011 4:42:00 PM   
lukeyboy

quote:

Suppose it depends on the story too.

It would be a shame not to see Peter there at all but I'd rather see the Bugle and it's staff feature for a story related reason rather than be shoehorned in - there's too many instances of filmmakers doing winks and nods to the comics in the film adaptations which ultimately just make the films too busy or just do the characters/settings disservice. See the X-Men films (particularly 3 and Wolverine) in terms of cameos and throwaway scenes which just end up being distracting or worthless.

Plus they'll have a job replacing the magnificent JK Simmons - that's a bigger challenge than finding the new Peter Parker imo

So true! I love JK Simmons as J.Jonah Jameson. "Meat - i'll give ya a big basket of meat!". Genius..........

I feel like i'm Han Solo, your Chewie and she's Ben Kenobi - and we're in that FUCKED UP bar!!

(in reply to Marwood)
Post #: 104
RE: Lizard's Happening - 31/1/2011 2:50:00 PM   
Emyr Thy King

I think Mark Wahlberg should've been cast as a spider, man.

As for the moment of Peter Parker being bit, will it be a radioactive spider or a genetically engineered one? I prefer the latter.

< Message edited by Emyr Thy King -- 31/1/2011 2:51:12 PM >

"This whole imbroglio is epiphenomenal"...."demigogic faux egalitarianism" - Will Self

(in reply to lukeyboy)
Post #: 105
RE: Lizard's Happening - 31/1/2011 9:47:19 PM   
musht

Just stumbled across these, dunno how I feel bout the silver on the feet but I'll wait to see it in action to make my full judgement

http://collider.com/spider-man-reboot-set-video-images/73623/

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

"What the hell are Regionals!?"

"color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color"

(in reply to Emyr Thy King)
Post #: 106
RE: Lizard's Happening - 1/2/2011 11:22:12 AM   
lukeyboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Emyr Thy King

As for the moment of Peter Parker being bit, will it be a radioactive spider or a genetically engineered one? I prefer the latter.

Please tell me this is a joke! Not only is he waaaaay to old, he's a fucking terrible actor too!! ......In my opinion of course!!

I fucking hate Mark Whalberg!

I feel like i'm Han Solo, your Chewie and she's Ben Kenobi - and we're in that FUCKED UP bar!!

(in reply to Emyr Thy King)
Post #: 107
RE: Lizard's Happening - 1/2/2011 11:26:27 AM   
vad3r

quote:

ORIGINAL: lukeyboy

quote:

Please tell me this is a joke! Not only is he waaaaay to old, he's a fucking terrible actor too!! ......In my opinion of course!!

He's given brilliant performances in The Fighter, The Other Guys, The Departed and Boogie Nights.

Single Virgin Mod Candidate 2013

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives
To paraphrase the great man himself:

Vad3r won't go anywhere near this.

(in reply to lukeyboy)
Post #: 108
RE: Lizard's Happening - 1/2/2011 11:26:27 AM   
JIm R

quote:

quote:

Joke Lukey, don't worry, note the comma after spider...... it's a take on the way Wharlberg pronounces his words (I think that's the joke anyway )

(in reply to lukeyboy)
Post #: 109
RE: Lizard's Happening - 1/2/2011 1:13:38 PM   
lukeyboy

quote:

quote:

quote:

Joke Lukey, don't worry, note the comma after spider...... it's a take on the way Wharlberg pronounces his words (I think that's the joke anyway )

Thank christ for that! And i get it now - the Boston accent n'all.........i'm a bit slow today!

(in reply to JIm R)
Post #: 110
RE: Lizard's Happening - 1/2/2011 1:23:31 PM   
lukeyboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: vad3r

quote:

quote:

He's given brilliant performances in The Fighter, The Other Guys, The Departed and Boogie Nights.

Haven't seen The Othe Guys or The Fighter - but the latter looks like it could be the one Whalberg film i like as it does admittedly look good. Boogie Nights was a good film but that was more down to the supporting cast, script and direction and not very much at all to do with Mark Whalberg. And as for The Departed,...well, I simply can't understand how anyone could say that Whalberg was even passable in it. He was lazy in his delivery, unfunny and unlikeable and was made to look like the amateur he is by everyone he had screentime with. There - i said it. Rant over

(in reply to vad3r)
Post #: 111
RE: Lizard's Happening - 1/2/2011 4:03:19 PM   
Macavity

quote:

ORIGINAL: musht

Just stumbled across these, dunno how I feel bout the silver on the feet but I'll wait to see it in action to make my full judgement

http://collider.com/spider-man-reboot-set-video-images/73623/

Oh.   Yikes.  Is it too late to sort the cyclist styling on that costume?

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 112
RE: Lizard's Happening - 1/2/2011 4:14:01 PM   
vad3r

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Haven't seen The Othe Guys or The Fighter - but the latter looks like it could be the one Whalberg film i like as it does admittedly look good. Boogie Nights was a good film but that was more down to the supporting cast, script and direction and not very much at all to do with Mark Whalberg. And as for The Departed,...well, I simply can't understand how anyone could say that Whalberg was even passable in it. He was lazy in his delivery, unfunny and unlikeable and was made to look like the amateur he is by everyone he had screentime with. There - i said it. Rant over

Check out The Other Guys, it's got a brilliant cast and he's hilarious in it

Single Virgin Mod Candidate 2013

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives
To paraphrase the great man himself:

Vad3r won't go anywhere near this.

(in reply to lukeyboy)
Post #: 113
RE: Lizard's Happening - 4/2/2011 6:10:27 PM   
Ghidorah

I don't know if they already been posted.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1353626/Has-new-Spiderman-Andrew-Garfield-got-double-Stuntmans-moves-lleave-little-imagination.html

I don't like the idea they are rebooting the series, however they could at least stick to the outfit used in the previous three. It's perfect but the new one is horrible. Even Kick Ass's outfit is better. The only changes they needed to be made were to use darker reds and blue.

(in reply to vad3r)
Post #: 114
RE: Lizard's Happening - 4/2/2011 8:53:32 PM   
JIm R

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ghidorah

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1353626/Has-new-Spiderman-Andrew-Garfield-got-double-Stuntmans-moves-lleave-little-imagination.html

I don't like the idea they are rebooting the series, however they could at least stick to the outfit used in the previous three. It's perfect but the new one is horrible. Even Kick Ass's outfit is better. The only changes they needed to be made were to use darker reds and blue.

As I said earlier in thread, looks like the 70's Nicholas Hammond version which was understandable given budget available for a tv series in 1978 but this is ridiculous when you consider how much money is available.

(in reply to Ghidorah)
Post #: 115
Spider Style - 7/2/2011 2:15:48 PM   
Macavity

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ghidorah

As I said earlier in thread, looks like the 70's Nicholas Hammond version which was understandable given budget available for a tv series in 1978 but this is ridiculous when you consider how much money is available.

I am suprised that after the pretty hipster/60s stylish 500 Days of Summer Webb has gone for such a naff looking variation on the suit. The vintage suit in the Raimi trilogy was better than this. I'm sure it'll get sorted in post-production (fingers crossed).

(in reply to JIm R)
Post #: 116
RE: Lizard's Happening - 7/2/2011 3:28:18 PM   
Marwood

quote:

quote:

quote:

Haven't seen The Fighter but it looks like he's giving his standard earnest performance and the supporting cast seem to being outshining him at every turn, with you on The Other Guys - he's actually got some good comedy moves, The Departed...he was ok but hardly award worthy and how in hell did he get an Oscar nom over anyone else in that film anyway?, Boogie Nights had a great ensemble but admittedly he did a very good job.

Nah, when it comes to Mark he's very uneven and often just "meh", I think he struggles as a leading man and fits more comfortably in an ensemble. Plus whenever he pops up in blockbuster fare he either downplays to the point of being unconscious or becomes a walking cliche "badass" - neither of which really help his case.

Anyway back to the suit I much prefer the "classic" used in Raimi's films but I think the production team should be congratulated for trying something different for this one. It's quite similar to the Alex Ross redesign floating around when Spider-Man 1.0 was in early pre-production.

(in reply to vad3r)
Post #: 117
RE: Lizard's Happening - 8/2/2011 10:07:16 PM   
BatFan

http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/114/1148445p1.html

I just don't see why they didn't try and find another actor. I read an interview with him a few months ago and I thought he seemed like a bit of a dick and not interested in the film. This just confirms my earlier thoughts.

(in reply to Marwood)
Post #: 118
RE: Lizard's Happening - 10/2/2011 2:39:58 PM   
Marwood

quote:

ORIGINAL: BatFan

http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/114/1148445p1.html

I just don't see why they didn't try and find another actor. I read an interview with him a few months ago and I thought he seemed like a bit of a dick and not interested in the film. This just confirms my earlier thoughts.

"My kids wanted me to do it" probably should be translated as "That new conservatory ain't gonna pay for itself!"

(in reply to BatFan)
Post #: 119
RE: Lizard's Happening - 10/2/2011 2:56:09 PM   
JIm R

This is all beginning to sound and look (costume WTF !) a complete mess. I'm quite pleased in a way given the treatment Raimi and co were given by all.

< Message edited by JIm R -- 10/2/2011 2:58:10 PM >

(in reply to Marwood)
Post #: 120
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: Lizard's Happening Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI