Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Lizard's Happening

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: Lizard's Happening Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Lizard's Happening - 28/10/2010 11:24:25 AM   
Marwood

quote:

ORIGINAL: lukeyboy

Looks like they're on the prowl for the new J.Jonah Jameson. John Slattery who??
http://www.whatsplaying.com.au/2010/10/hollywood-insider-editor-wanted-for-daily-bugle/

Sam Elliot would be awesome though - but he would still have a long way to go to beat J.K Simmons (who was in my opinion the character highlight of the series!)

Not seen Mad Men or Iron Man 2 then? Interesting choice.

Anyway, my personal choice would be the same person I thought would have been great a decade ago when the Raimi film was being developed - R Lee Ermey....although he seems to mainly do voice work these days and at nearly 70 he could well be a bit old for the character.

Bilbo: What about the Ewoks? They were rubbish.

Tim: Yeah but Jar Jar Binks makes the Ewoks look like f***ing Shaft!

(in reply to lukeyboy)
Post #: 61
RE: Lizard's Happening - 28/10/2010 2:48:19 PM   
lukeyboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Marwood

quote:

Looks like they're on the prowl for the new J.Jonah Jameson. John Slattery who??
http://www.whatsplaying.com.au/2010/10/hollywood-insider-editor-wanted-for-daily-bugle/

Sam Elliot would be awesome though - but he would still have a long way to go to beat J.K Simmons (who was in my opinion the character highlight of the series!)

Anyway, my personal choice would be the same person I thought would have been great a decade ago when the Raimi film was being developed - R Lee Ermey....although he seems to mainly do voice work these days and at nearly 70 he could well be a bit old for the character.

Of course I've seen Iron Man 2! Marwood - you know better than that.......
Who did he play in that then?

I feel like i'm Han Solo, your Chewie and she's Ben Kenobi - and we're in that FUCKED UP bar!!

(in reply to Marwood)
Post #: 62
Captain Obvious - 28/12/2010 4:23:22 PM   
Macavity

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/images/users/uploads/10616/emma-stone-spiderman-scene-01.jpg
Someone had to say it...Emma Stone is looking pretty stunning as Gwen Stacy.

< Message edited by Macavity -- 28/12/2010 4:25:25 PM >

(in reply to lukeyboy)
Post #: 63
RE: Spiderman reboot - 3/1/2011 11:18:27 AM   
Hamon

quote:

ORIGINAL: Macavity

quote:

ORIGINAL: vad3r

CGI Fight with baddie.
They Kiss.

How exciting and new.

Sounds pretty unconventional to me.

O really buddy:)

(in reply to Macavity)
Post #: 64
RE: Lizard's Happening - 5/1/2011 11:56:50 AM   
JIm R

quote:

quote:

quote:

I think he's the guy that played Tony's dad in the 'mock up cine film' footage with Tony as a child.

(in reply to lukeyboy)
Post #: 65
RE: Lizard's Happening - 5/1/2011 1:06:36 PM   
lukeyboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: JIm R

quote:

quote:

quote:

I think he's the guy that played Tony's dad in the 'mock up cine film' footage with Tony as a child.

Yeah thanks - i see it now. Looks alot different in this to how he looks in Mad Men though!!

I feel like i'm Han Solo, your Chewie and she's Ben Kenobi - and we're in that FUCKED UP bar!!

(in reply to JIm R)
Post #: 66
Peter Parker Pic - 5/1/2011 6:00:23 PM   
Macavity

Wow. I thought they might geek him up at least.
http://comingsoon.net/nextraimages/spider-man-01.jpg

(in reply to lukeyboy)
Post #: 67
RE: Peter Parker Pic - 5/1/2011 6:40:51 PM   
sanchia

That's a whole lot of hair. How will he fit it under the mask?

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to Macavity)
Post #: 68
RE: Peter Parker Pic - 5/1/2011 7:46:01 PM   
impqueen

When I as a youngster and collected comics (and I mean comics) I was briefly into Spiderman (I soon abandoned him for Silver Surfer, X-Men and Doctor Strange) so I'm not a massive fan and yet I am really interested in seeing this version of Spiderman. I can understand why a lot of fans are freaking out and getting all shitty about this new, newer launch of their hero but the amount of abuse I do find quite surprising (though I really shouldn't be I can be precious about things I love too) even more so given the train wreck that was Spiderman3. I didn't like any of the previous Spidey films, I did like Molina as Doctor Octopus but that was about it, I found both Maguire and Dunst interminably dull as well as incredibly irritating, the villains also left a lot to be desired throughout the trilogy.

So I welcome this new direction (as pointless as it may seem) Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone are both far more interesting (and quite possibly talented, engaging etc) than either Dunst or Maguire could ever hope to be. Though I didn't fall over (500) Days of Summer Marc Webb is an interesting choice for director and not being a fanatic of the Evil Dead series the replacement of Raimi doesn't bother me in the least in fact I only really like A Simple Plan...

Anyway  I'll be keeping an eye on the project.   

Yes, always.

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 69
RE: Peter Parker Pic - 6/1/2011 10:41:56 AM   
Beno

quote:

I see no pic.

has it been taken down?

either way i'm still not feeling this movie at all.

terribly underwhelmed.

"The one about the space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedalbin. His Father's a robot and he's fucking fucked his Sister. Lego ... They're all made of fucking Lego!!"

(in reply to Macavity)
Post #: 70
RE: Peter Parker Pic - 6/1/2011 11:37:48 AM   
Macavity

quote:

ORIGINAL: Beno

quote:

I see no pic.
has it been taken down?
either way i'm still not feeling this movie at all.
terribly underwhelmed.

Full story over at The Daily Fail.
I wonder if they are targeting this take more towards the Twilight crowd? I bloody hope not.

quote:

ORIGINAL: impqueen

Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone are both far more interesting (and quite possibly talented, engaging etc) than either Dunst or Maguire could ever hope to be.

Maguire is the cast member I'm likely to miss most really. I really bought him as Parker in the last three films.

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 71
RE: Peter Parker Pic - 6/1/2011 1:43:47 PM   
lukeyboy

quote:

When I as a youngster and collected comics (and I mean comics) I was briefly into Spiderman (I soon abandoned him for Silver Surfer, X-Men and Doctor Strange) so I'm not a massive fan and yet I am really interested in seeing this version of Spiderman. I can understand why a lot of fans are freaking out and getting all shitty about this new, newer launch of their hero but the amount of abuse I do find quite surprising (though I really shouldn't be I can be precious about things I love too) even more so given the train wreck that was Spiderman3. I didn't like any of the previous Spidey films, I did like Molina as Doctor Octopus but that was about it, I found both Maguire and Dunst interminably dull as well as incredibly irritating, the villains also left a lot to be desired throughout the trilogy.

So I welcome this new direction (as pointless as it may seem) Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone are both far more interesting (and quite possibly talented, engaging etc) than either Dunst or Maguire could ever hope to be. Though I didn't fall over (500) Days of Summer Marc Webb is an interesting choice for director and not being a fanatic of the Evil Dead series the replacement of Raimi doesn't bother me in the least in fact I only really like A Simple Plan...

Yep - i make you right! Even though i am one of the fans thats getting all shitty about the reboot!

I still think Raimi done a superb job with Spidey (especially Spidey 2) and thats my main gripe with the reboot - it's just not necessary! The Phantom and Ghost Rider are two superhero properties that do need to be rebooted,....because they were shite! Heck - i even quite like Spidey 3!! (although i know i am in a huge minority!!)

(in reply to impqueen)
Post #: 72
RE: Peter Parker Pic - 6/1/2011 2:15:16 PM   
JIm R

quote:

quote:

Yep - i make you right! Even though i am one of the fans thats getting all shitty about the reboot!

I still think Raimi done a superb job with Spidey (especially Spidey 2) and thats my main gripe with the reboot - it's just not necessary! The Phantom and Ghost Rider are two superhero properties that do need to be rebooted,....because they were shite! Heck - i even quite like Spidey 3!! (although i know i am in a huge minority!!)

a huge minority that includes me as well  

(in reply to lukeyboy)
Post #: 73
RE: Peter Parker Pic - 6/1/2011 2:50:01 PM   
The Hooded Man

Spider-Man 3 is nowhere near as bad as many claim. As usual with the internet the haters, and I include myself in that on certain topics, are much louder than rest.

Counting the minutes until the over zealous mods lock this thread too.

(in reply to JIm R)
Post #: 74
RE: Peter Parker Pic - 7/1/2011 12:05:42 PM   
lukeyboy

Well i'm glad to hear i'm not in as big a minority as i thought, although what i'm about to admit to may shock you....

The 5minute scene where Peter Parker is trying to act cool in the new suit etc - dancing down the street etc,...i fucking love that scene and piss myself laughing every time i watch it!!

Seriously........

(in reply to The Hooded Man)
Post #: 75
RE: Lizard's Happening - 7/1/2011 12:06:38 PM   
Chief

I found it quite funny as well. Does he not give some ladies the 'double thumb guns'?

How can you top that?

(in reply to Marwood)
Post #: 76
RE: Lizard's Happening - 7/1/2011 2:01:32 PM   
lukeyboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chief

I found it quite funny as well. Does he not give some ladies the 'double thumb guns'?
How can you top that?

I believe he does - followed by hip thrust!

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 77
RE: Lizard's Happening - 7/1/2011 4:45:53 PM   
The Hooded Man

I think that's probably the scene that best sums up Peter throughout the trilogy, even when he's being influenced by an evil alien symbiote he's so inherently decent and kind his idea of dark behaviour is dancing and acting in a goofy manner. Spider-Man 3 is not a great film, it's wildly inconsistent but it is certainly watchable and is infinitely better than the likes of Iron Man 2.

Counting the minutes until the over zealous mods lock this thread too.

(in reply to lukeyboy)
Post #: 78
RE: Lizard's Happening - 13/1/2011 8:24:59 PM   
musht

Interesting what they've done with the costume, I still think this could be good

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/113727-first-shot-of-andrew-garfield-as-spider-man

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

"What the hell are Regionals!?"

"color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color"

(in reply to The Hooded Man)
Post #: 79
RE: Lizard's Happening - 13/1/2011 8:57:10 PM   
impqueen

I think he looks great (not bulked up and kind of scrawny) and I like the costume.

Yes, always.

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 80
RE: Lizard's Happening - 13/1/2011 9:25:57 PM   
Judge

Still no way he is passing as a school kid in my eyes. Going to be so distracting.

(in reply to impqueen)
Post #: 81
RE: Lizard's Happening - 13/1/2011 9:26:19 PM   
kata

Costume looks class.  Looking forward to this now.

XBL: GeneralLee79
PSN: GeneralLee_UK
Steam: GeneralLee_uk

Lovely detective work.

"Don't buy wigs that come off at the wrong time"

(in reply to impqueen)
Post #: 82
RE: Lizard's Happening - 13/1/2011 11:48:18 PM   
themightyhutch

Really really really like that. My excitement levels are gradually increasing which is nice. I actually think the franchise needs a reboot. As much as I like Raimi's films, I recently rewatched Spiderman the First and found it to be a bit crappy and awkward .

I do love Spiderman 2 though.

(in reply to kata)
Post #: 83
RE: Lizard's Happening - 14/1/2011 8:56:05 AM   
lukeyboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Judge

Still no way he is passing as a school kid in my eyes. Going to be so distracting.

My thoughts exactly. This has been my main worry from the word go (for this reboot)!

However - i have to say i really like the look of the costume, and it would seem that Garfield's wirey frame really seems to work as well (although the fact he's 6ft might be pushing it a bit). Maybe i could be brought round to liking the idea of this flick........

(in reply to Judge)
Post #: 84
RE: Lizard's Happening - 14/1/2011 8:57:52 AM   
Marwood

That's probably the first thing that has really got me interested in this film now (cast is promising as well of course).

Still not convinced that the series needed a reboot, a sequel with a new production team and principal cast would have done the trick. Sony could have used the same trick as WB did with Batman in the 90s - Returns wasn't that well received (despite making a lot of money) and showed that Burton was taking the character in a direction which the studio (correctly I think) weren't happy with. Therefore they got a new production team and leads but kept the supporting actors (Pat Hingle as Gordon and Michael Gough as Alfred) and treated the previous films as a vague history. Ultimately that road led to Batman Forever and that other "film" by Schumacher but the idea to change the series direction was sound and could quite easily have been applied to this series too. Don't like Raimi's take on 4 and think you can do better without him? Fine, go ahead and see what happens - but why hit the reboot button? Needless.

(in reply to themightyhutch)
Post #: 85
RE: Lizard's Happening - 14/1/2011 9:32:31 AM   
Rob

quote:

That's probably the first thing that has really got me interested in this film now (cast is promising as well of course).

Still not convinced that the series needed a reboot, a sequel with a new production team and principal cast would have done the trick. Sony could have used the same trick as WB did with Batman in the 90s - Returns wasn't that well received (despite making a lot of money) and showed that Burton was taking the character in a direction which the studio (correctly I think) weren't happy with. Therefore they got a new production team and leads but kept the supporting actors (Pat Hingle as Gordon and Michael Gough as Alfred) and treated the previous films as a vague history. Ultimately that road led to Batman Forever and that other "film" by Schumacher but the idea to change the series direction was sound and could quite easily have been applied to this series too. Don't like Raimi's take on 4 and think you can do better without him? Fine, go ahead and see what happens - but why hit the reboot button? Needless.

I would agree with most of that. I liked the first three, didn't love them, but thought there was enough in place to continue in the same continuity. When the reboot was announced I couldn't have been less enthused...however, as time goes by I'm becoming really quite excited for it. Garfield was brilliant in the Social Network and all the interviews he's given re Spider-man have bubbled with enthusiasm and passion for the project. Add that to the first glimpse of the costume and suddenly I really want to see it.

Same thing happened to me when I played Neil Armstrong in Moonshot. They found me in an alley in Burbank trying to re-enter the earth's atmosphere in an old refrigerator box.

(in reply to Marwood)
Post #: 86
RE: Lizard's Happening - 14/1/2011 9:38:16 AM   
JIm R

quote:

Exactly, there is simply just no need to go 'root and branch' (too pick a well used expression), personally, Raimi was doing a fine job on the films (yes I like 3) and his 4 would have been interesting.

The costume for this looks excellent and I'm sure the film will do well, I just won't be seeing it.

(in reply to Marwood)
Post #: 87
RE: Lizard's Happening - 14/1/2011 3:51:59 PM   
Marwood

quote:

quote:

Exactly, there is simply just no need to go 'root and branch' (too pick a well used expression), personally, Raimi was doing a fine job on the films (yes I like 3) and his 4 would have been interesting.

The costume for this looks excellent and I'm sure the film will do well, I just won't be seeing it.

It's just a quick and easy out really - same thing with Punisher and the rumoured Fantastic Four and Daredevil reboots by Fox. In those cases the series could easily be continued without the need to go through origin stories again. Punisher Warzone almost functions as a sequel or reboot except for brief flashbacks of his family's murder clearly being different to the Tom Jane film.

Although for all we know the Spider-Man reboot could well use flashback for gaining his powers, costume etc. and open where he's been active for a while and encountering his first "super villains".

Hulk I understand the reboot more (and yes it's a reboot, not a loose sequel) because Incredible was made in house by Marvel unlike the Ang Lee version (Universal Pictures fronted that one) and the decision was made during production to tie it into the larger Marvel universe with Iron Man. Batman really needed a reboot after the fourth film and the amount of time the series had been dormant.

As for Raimi continuing the series I think it was time for a change - I see his films as odes to the 60s comics run by Lee, Kirby et al which was the era he loved but tbh I preferred the 70s/80s runs for the most part so would like to see films that feel closer to them. Just as the comics change their approaches so too can the films and still be considered part of the same series. Sony making a clean break like a reboot feels like a "fuck you" to Raimi and regardless of how good his films were they made Sony a lot of money so it seems quite ingracious of them. I think one of the heads made some comment like "we wouldn't want to make a 4th film in the series without Sam" to justify the reboot option but that's weak - with a reboot they're saying "yep, forget those last 3". Dicks.

(in reply to JIm R)
Post #: 88
RE: Lizard's Happening - 14/1/2011 4:04:14 PM   
JIm R

quote:

quote:

quote:

It's just a quick and easy out really - same thing with Punisher and the rumoured Fantastic Four and Daredevil reboots by Fox. In those cases the series could easily be continued without the need to go through origin stories again. Punisher Warzone almost functions as a sequel or reboot except for brief flashbacks of his family's murder clearly being different to the Tom Jane film.

Although for all we know the Spider-Man reboot could well use flashback for gaining his powers, costume etc. and open where he's been active for a while and encountering his first "super villains".

Hulk I understand the reboot more (and yes it's a reboot, not a loose sequel) because Incredible was made in house by Marvel unlike the Ang Lee version (Universal Pictures fronted that one) and the decision was made during production to tie it into the larger Marvel universe with Iron Man. Batman really needed a reboot after the fourth film and the amount of time the series had been dormant.

As for Raimi continuing the series I think it was time for a change - I see his films as odes to the 60s comics run by Lee, Kirby et al which was the era he loved but tbh I preferred the 70s/80s runs for the most part so would like to see films that feel closer to them. Just as the comics change their approaches so too can the films and still be considered part of the same series. Sony making a clean break like a reboot feels like a "fuck you" to Raimi and regardless of how good his films were they made Sony a lot of money so it seems quite ingracious of them. I think one of the heads made some comment like "we wouldn't want to make a 4th film in the series without Sam" to justify the reboot option but that's weak - with a reboot they're saying "yep, forget those last 3". Dicks.

Bottom line for me is Raimi was treated like shit by Arad and the studio both over the handling of 3 (he bent over backwards to include what they requested, sidelining his own vision and then when it went tits up they let him take all the blame) and then over 4 (Heh Sam, we promise to give you full access to your thoughts on the next film, then when Sam submits his ideas, they publically go behind his back and call him allsorts and ditch his ideas publically as well) and so I will have nothing to do with this next film, I appreciate Avid Arad and Sony won't be having any lost sleep over this , but makes me feel better .

(in reply to Marwood)
Post #: 89
RE: Lizard's Happening - 14/1/2011 5:17:37 PM   
BatFan

quote:

quote:

quote:

I'd like it a lot if they did it like this, Everyone who's gonna be seeing the new Spiderman has probably seen the first one so they know the origin. No need to use up an hour of runtime showing his beginnings. Just do what Incredible Hulk did and use the opening credit sequence to show his origin. Hopefully this is what they'll do with new Superman movie too. Nicolas Cage said that in the next Ghost Rider they're re-shooting the origin, I don't know whether they mean as a huge part of the film or as a flashback.

Edit: I'd love it if the opening of the film was Spiderman fighting criminals or stopping a robbery and then suddenly panicking that he's gonna be late for class. Automatically throwing us back into the character and problems of Peter Parker.

< Message edited by BatFan -- 14/1/2011 5:21:27 PM >

"You are in hell, little man! And I am the devil!"
"You're not the devil. You're practice"

(in reply to Marwood)
Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: Lizard's Happening Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI