Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Spider-Man 4

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> Spider-Man 4 Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Spider-Man 4 - 30/7/2007 5:40:54 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
RE: Spiderman reboot - 28/7/2010 8:44:21 AM   
Timon

Aintitcool has an audition video for Josh Hutchinson (Journey to the Centre of the Earth) showing what was required of the actors.

It's cool, but doesn't show anything new than what happened in the first film.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/45932

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh
Post #: 2
RE: *sighhhh* Not Again... - 28/7/2010 9:22:23 AM   
KeithM

quote:

ORIGINAL: XxHarleyQuinnxX

Really? I'm not a huge Spiderman fan but the movies with Toby MaGuire where pretty good. I heard that the new movies won't have the same director, actors or anything really. It shouldn't be aloud, they'll ruin the entire franchise in a space of approximately 2 hours :/

Didn't they already do that with Spider-Man 3?

This movie is being fast-tracked for exactly the same reason Fox are fast-tracking  X-Men First Class (and stuffing it chock full of random mutants) - so that they can retain the rights.  If they don't make a movie by a certain date then the rights revert back to Marvel, so they MUST churn out something - anything - or they'll lose their borrowed cash cow.

Post #: 3
RE: Reboot??? - 23/8/2010 1:00:24 AM   
mickdekard23

The Raimi/Maquire movies got too bogged down in all the doom and gloom.
If this movie is gonna be any good they have to have him being Spiderman and having some fun. Maquire was way to morose, who gives a flying fuck about whether aunt May can pay the bills?! Suit up and go fight something you miserable c**t!
Post #: 4
RE: Spiderman reboot - 27/8/2010 3:17:12 PM   
tarantino movie love

i dont know if anyone else has said this
but christoph waltz shud be the villian!!!!  

Are you gonna bark all day, little doggy, or are you gonna bite?

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 5
RE: Spiderman reboot - 30/8/2010 1:50:38 PM   
ElephantBoy

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

(in reply to tarantino movie love)
Post #: 6
RE: Spiderman reboot - 1/9/2010 9:55:49 AM   
motamared

please stop making the reboot, i will not see this and i think no one will watch it,all hates what u make Sony,please return Raimi,Tobey and Kirsten again,we want Spiderman 4 with them not without them,really i am very sad.

(in reply to ElephantBoy)
Post #: 7
RE: Spiderman reboot - 1/9/2010 3:46:07 PM   
Marwood

quote:

ORIGINAL: motamared

please stop making the reboot, i will not see this and i think no one will watch it,all hates what u make Sony,please return Raimi,Tobey and Kirsten again,we want Spiderman 4 with them not without them,really i am very sad.

For the record I'm indifferent about Raimi, Maguire and Dunst returning - I'm against a cynical, rushed reboot aimed squarely at a teen audience to get some of that Twilight money. However I'm not against a new film with a different creative team to take a different approach as the Raimi series was seriously creaking with part 3.

Plus I think you're being a bit naive - a lot of Spider-Man fans don't give a crap who's behind the camera or who the main players are providing it's a fun film. Spidey after all has a massive following of much younger viewers and this stuff isn't as important to most of them.

< Message edited by Marwood -- 1/9/2010 3:51:46 PM >

Bilbo: What about the Ewoks? They were rubbish.

Tim: Yeah but Jar Jar Binks makes the Ewoks look like f***ing Shaft!

(in reply to motamared)
Post #: 8
RE: Spiderman reboot - 1/9/2010 11:33:51 PM   
The Hooded Man

I'm very dubious about the need to remake a film that's not even 10 years old and made almost $900m at the box office, I'd much rather see a new slant on the story a la the Bond franchise, by all means have a new cast and director but what harm would it have been just to have a new adventure of an established character?

Counting the minutes until the over zealous mods lock this thread too.

(in reply to Marwood)
Post #: 9
RE: Spiderman reboot - 2/9/2010 9:27:00 AM   
Marwood

quote:

ORIGINAL: The Hooded Man

I'm very dubious about the need to remake a film that's not even 10 years old and made almost $900m at the box office, I'd much rather see a new slant on the story a la the Bond franchise, by all means have a new cast and director but what harm would it have been just to have a new adventure of an established character?

I know what you mean, making a sequel to the established films would have made far more sense really - who really wants to see another bloody origin story?

However the rumblings are that due to Andrew Garfield's age the script is being retooled to put Parker in college rather than high school....in which case why bother rebooting? Chances are that they'll use a new villain (apparently Lizard or Electro are the contenders) anyway so I don't get what the reboot idea will achieve at all here. Sony are clearly morons.

(in reply to The Hooded Man)
Post #: 10
RE: Spiderman reboot - 2/9/2010 1:19:23 PM   
rayhiggins

quote:

ORIGINAL: Marwood

I know what you mean, making a sequel to the established films would have made far more sense really - who really wants to see another bloody origin story?

However the rumblings are that due to Andrew Garfield's age the script is being retooled to put Parker in college rather than high school....in which case why bother rebooting? Chances are that they'll use a new villain (apparently Lizard or Electro are the contenders) anyway so I don't get what the reboot idea will achieve at all here. Sony are clearly morons.

I think it's partly to do with the whole Venom fiasco in the third film. By calling it a re-boot, they get to start over and possibly layer the story of the symbiote in gradually.  Again, that'd only be a small part of the reason. Though I will say if they decide to go with new villains (for the movies) for the most part, I'd give it a hopeful watch. Or possibly Norman Osborn again.

< Message edited by rayhiggins -- 2/9/2010 1:21:07 PM >

(in reply to Marwood)
Post #: 11
RE: Spiderman reboot - 2/9/2010 1:25:21 PM   
theieuan

quote:

But that seems to be the standard approach to most comic book films now. Do a few films, then a few years later, reboot it, do a few more films, reboot it, etc...

You know, this place makes me wonder...Which would be worse, to live as a monster or die as a good man?

(in reply to The Hooded Man)
Post #: 12
RE: Spiderman reboot - 2/9/2010 3:42:23 PM   
Marwood

quote:

ORIGINAL: theieuan

quote:

But that seems to be the standard approach to most comic book films now. Do a few films, then a few years later, reboot it, do a few more films, reboot it, etc...

Only lately and arguably Spider-Man has kicked off that trend.

Incredible Hulk was down to Marvel getting the rights back from Universal and making "their" Hulk film and intergrate the character into a shared universe.

But most of the others apparently getting the reboot treatment could just have straight sequels that fix the mistakes of their predecessors. I'm thinking of Daredevil and Fantastic Four here (both Fox properties...hmm), all they need are better directors and recasts to improve the quality of the future films; they can still loosely follow the chronology of the previous films but just go off in different directions. Totally agree with Hooded Man here, reboot is a buzz word which is being used as "take the lazy option".

Batman Begins is one I'm torn on because I still think that the series could have continued on from & Robin, just needed another change in style, tone and direction like when WB changed the series up following Returns; Forever is technically a sequel to Burton's films but only vaguely references them. Overall though I'm glad WB listened to Chris Nolan's pitch and hit the reboot button considering how great Begins and TDK turned out.

Have to say I don't agree with you on Spider-Man though Ray; I don't believe they'd reboot the whole series because of Venom. It's more likely they went with the idea because they clashed with Raimi over the direction of 3 and ultimately Spider-Man is more important to Sony than Sam Raimi so he had to go. However since the film has developed it feels more and more like this will end up as a sequel given the recent "college and a previously unused villain" rumours, which is interesting as one of their released statements following the Raimi split was that they "didn't want to make a sequel without him".

(in reply to theieuan)
Post #: 13
RE: Spiderman reboot - 2/9/2010 4:04:56 PM   
rayhiggins

quote:

Have to say I don't agree with you on Spider-Man though Ray; I don't believe they'd reboot the whole series because of Venom. It's more likely they went with the idea because they clashed with Raimi over the direction of 3 and ultimately Spider-Man is more important to Sony than Sam Raimi so he had to go. However since the film has developed it feels more and more like this will end up as a sequel given the recent "college and a previously unused villain" rumours, which is interesting as one of their released statements following the Raimi split was that they "didn't want to make a sequel without him".

Oh, I'm not saying he's the main cause, maybe just a teeny-tiny fraction. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it also Sony who are developing this supposed Venom film? I wouldn't put it past them to try and suggest they're in the same universe a la Marvel Studios' output so they can say 'If you liked this, then you HAVE to see this'.

Although that is kind of good news that it's going to be college set. Makes The Lizard seem most likely, with Connors as the resident Biology professor or such. Basically, I'm not going to judge this film....until the first photos appear.

(in reply to Marwood)
Post #: 14
RE: Spiderman reboot - 3/9/2010 9:09:43 AM   
Marwood

quote:

ORIGINAL: rayhiggins

quote:

Oh, I'm not saying he's the main cause, maybe just a teeny-tiny fraction. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it also Sony who are developing this supposed Venom film? I wouldn't put it past them to try and suggest they're in the same universe a la Marvel Studios' output so they can say 'If you liked this, then you HAVE to see this'.

Although that is kind of good news that it's going to be college set. Makes The Lizard seem most likely, with Connors as the resident Biology professor or such. Basically, I'm not going to judge this film....until the first photos appear.

You're right that Sony had/have been developing a Venom film with Gary Ross attached as writer/director although I believe it was going to have little to no resemblance to the Venom in Spider-Man 3. That's why I just don't see that Venom was considered at all in regards to a series reboot; Sony seemed to be pursuing a different chronology for that film. If they decide to retool it to cross into the new Spider-Man films then it'll be an afterthought.

However I think that's going to get shelved altogether while the Spider-Man "reboot" (still convinced they'll just make it a sequel) is made and if Sony are happy with the results (box office anyway) then perhaps they'll start planning something for Venom to return alongside the new chronology. Unless the new film is a sequel, in which case they'll probably do some retconning.

I thought they might have gone for a solo Venom film that was canon and followed Eddie Brock Snr who's more like the comic book version. His reason for hating Spidey is the death of his son (in the movie universe Brock did have that Jnr at the end of his name) as relayed by a surviving bit of symbiote and then a future Spidey sequel could see the new Venom arrive on the scene wanting revenge.

That would have fixed the Venom problem well enough I would have thought; fans of the character get a Venom movie which features someone closer to the original comics character (just different motivation), Sony gets their Venom film and keeps the character rights, Venom can make a logical return in a Spider-Man sequel, Sony does a crossover which gives both series some coverage.

(in reply to rayhiggins)
Post #: 15
RE: Spiderman reboot - 8/9/2010 4:25:31 PM   
jimbo909

From what I've read recently I'm a bit confused as to whether it's supposed to be a fresh reboot or Spidey 4. Will Peter be in high school or college?

Here's what I think they should do if they want to do something a bit different from the Raimi/Maguire films:

1) The costume should have a hand-made look to it. It shouldn't look too shit but it should look as though he made it himself. Peter doesn't have Charles Xavier's or Tony Stark's money for expensive looking costumes.

2) Spider-Man must care about his secret identity. Peter must not reveal to the villain/love interest/his doctor that he is Spider-Man. Keep the mask on! Particularly during action sequences!!!

3) Stick to the classic 60's silver age villains. The Lizard or Mysterio would be good choices. Also, it's not necessary to tie in all the villains with Peter to make it more personal, like they messed with Sandman in Spidey 3. Does James Bond only go after Goldfinger when he finds out he killed his daddy?

4) No reason to discount villains already used in the films. As good as Alfred Molina was, I would love to see a more nut-job Doc Ock without all the mentor/father figure stuff.

5) Spider-Man needs to be more wise-cracking and cocky when in action. Making jokes and mocking the villains. Raimi's films (the first two in particular) showed the struggle of Parker's life but not so much the thrill he gets from being Spider-Man.

6) Bring back JK Simmons. Every moment was a joy!

< Message edited by jimbo909 -- 8/9/2010 4:31:30 PM >

"This is an oldie. Well, it's an oldie where I come from."

(in reply to Marwood)
Post #: 16
Spiderman reboot - 21/9/2010 1:48:37 PM   
Macavity

I think Sony really wasn't happy with the jazz dancing in Spider-Man 3.

500 Days of Summer showed how a hipster kid dance sequence should really be done. Webb hired.

On a serious note, I love the Spider-man trilogy and am gutted that we're being denied a forth installment. However starting fresh means that there's the possibility of getting things right regarding Parker's love life. The Gwen Stacy stuff (tragic ending) sounds brilliant material for a film.

(in reply to jimbo909)
Post #: 17
RE: Spiderman reboot - 21/9/2010 4:03:24 PM   
Marwood

I don't know, I think as time goes on the original films don't stand up that well so I'm not really that concerned about a reboot anymore; although I still think a sequel with a new production team and cast where required could have given the series a shot in the arm. The Raimi films are fun overall but I really struggle with the camp, goofy moments and all the staring into the middle distance with teary eyes, soap opera style. Imo Spider-Man 3 just highlighted the same problems that the first two had because it couldn't cover them as well. Or maybe I'm too old and cynical to really enjoy them now

Jimbo; it's still being touted as a reboot and I believe the original intention was to have Peter in high school but with Andrew Garfield's casting the rumour mill is that Peter will be college aged again as he might struggle to convince as a 16-18 year old. That being the case I'm still wondering if it will be changed round to become an actual sequel.

(in reply to Macavity)
Post #: 18
RE: Spiderman reboot - 21/9/2010 5:06:09 PM   
vad3r

Intro.
CGI Fight scene.
Cue Rom-Com: 'Notices' Mary-Jane.
CGI Web slinging
They meet.
CGI Fight scene.
Some comedy.
Something about kind little old Aunt May being old and alone.
CGI Fight with baddie.
They Kiss.
Cue upbeat music.
The End.

How exciting and new.

< Message edited by vad3r -- 21/9/2010 5:08:26 PM >

Single Virgin Mod Candidate 2013

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives
To paraphrase the great man himself:

Vad3r won't go anywhere near this.

(in reply to Marwood)
Post #: 19
RE: Spiderman reboot - 21/9/2010 5:25:41 PM   
Dirty Hartigan

quote:

ORIGINAL: jimbo909

Does James Bond only go after Goldfinger when he finds out he killed his daddy?

He does go after Blofeld after he kills his wife, though.

Also, with regard to Doc Ock, all the father figure stuff with Molina in Spider-Man 2 worked really well and made him more interesting than the comics version IMO.

< Message edited by Dirty Hartigan -- 21/9/2010 5:26:05 PM >

(in reply to jimbo909)
Post #: 20
RE: Spiderman reboot - 22/9/2010 8:07:43 AM   
Macavity

quote:

ORIGINAL: vad3r

CGI Fight with baddie.
They Kiss.

How exciting and new.

Sounds pretty unconventional to me.

(in reply to vad3r)
Post #: 21
RE: Spiderman reboot - 23/9/2010 4:40:13 PM   
vad3r

I was implying Mary Jane and Peter Parker kiss, but I wouldn't mind seeing Spider-Man kiss Green Goblin or whichever borefest of a villian they choose in this $noozefest.

< Message edited by vad3r -- 23/9/2010 4:46:21 PM >

quote:

(in reply to Macavity)
Post #: 22
RE: Spiderman reboot - 23/9/2010 6:52:00 PM   
Beno

quote:

I was implying Mary Jane and Peter Parker kiss, but I wouldn't mind seeing Spider-Man kiss Green Goblin or whichever borefest of a villian they choose in this $noozefest.

You sir/madam are a future star of these forums in the making with an attitude like that.

"The one about the space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedalbin. His Father's a robot and he's fucking fucked his Sister. Lego ... They're all made of fucking Lego!!"

(in reply to vad3r)
Post #: 23
RE: Spiderman reboot - 24/9/2010 9:01:01 AM   
Macavity

quote:

I love a $noozefest right after my dinnerfest. Then I have a breakfastfest.

With the change in creative team they're probably looking at rejigging the formula of the past three flicks. Tarantino-esque timeline jumping?

(in reply to vad3r)
Post #: 24
RE: Spiderman reboot - 24/9/2010 9:52:37 AM   
Marwood

quote:

ORIGINAL: Macavity

quote:

I love a $noozefest right after my dinnerfest. Then I have a breakfastfest.

With the change in creative team they're probably looking at rejigging the formula of the past three flicks. Tarantino-esque timeline jumping?

I'd pay good money to see Christopher Walken as Uncle Ben in a flashback delivering a speech in homage to his Pulp Fiction cameo.

"Now....whatyouneed to under....STAND little man isthatwith great....POWERcomes great responsibility...."

I'm hoping for some timeline jiggery so that we don't get a linear origin story again; like the next Superman film I'd rather see a film where the hero is already established and if they must have some origin exposition then please just throw in flashbacks. Again begs the question why not just make this a sequel? Damn Sony.

(in reply to Macavity)
Post #: 25
RE: Spiderman reboot - 24/9/2010 11:27:51 AM   
Macavity

quote:

Again begs the question why not just make this a sequel? Damn Sony.

I'd love a straight sequel. They'd need to just drop Mary Jane for a film or two though because their relationship...just wasn't working. She's so sullen through the three films. A happy fresh final reunion left for later would have been nice.

(in reply to Marwood)
Post #: 26
RE: Spiderman reboot - 24/9/2010 11:50:40 AM   
darth silas

I have no problem with a reboot of Spiderman as i dont really care for the Maguire films that much.They were fun but pretty throwaway.As long as they dont do the whole origin thing again(just summarize it in the opening credits Incredible Hulk style) and just launch into a good action packed story with a new villain(id like to see Kraven show up).And for the love of god please cast an actress as Mary Jane who isnt annoying!

Star Wars:Episodes 1,2,3,4,5,6.Taken together they are one giant movie and it is the greatest movie EVER.

(in reply to Macavity)
Post #: 27
RE: Spiderman reboot - 24/9/2010 2:48:42 PM   
vad3r

Whoever they cast as Mary Jane will more than certain be annoying, as the character is annoying. All she ever does is get left dangling on a building, screaming for help, only for Spider-Man to save her in the nick of time via some trusty CGI web-slinging.

We all know she isn't going to die, so what is the point?

And with Marc '500 Days of Summer with Zooey Deschanel and indie love music' Webb directing and that 90210 reject as Peter Parker, it's not looking exactly great for a challenger to THE DARK KNIGHT.

< Message edited by vad3r -- 24/9/2010 2:56:53 PM >

quote:

(in reply to darth silas)
Post #: 28
RE: Spiderman reboot - 24/9/2010 3:32:01 PM   
Marwood

Well the latest according to Latino Review is that Emma Stone (Superbad, Zombieland, The House Bunny, Easy A) is circling it and that its speculated both Gwen and MJ will feature. I expect MJ will be the "other girl" who loves Peter but he's with Gwen, then Gwen will die in film 2 of this rebooted chronology and Peter and MJ will get together by the end of film 3.

Anyway, I like Stone a lot so her casting would be a good move imo - she'd make a good MJ or Gwen but I see her as MJ first as she seems a bit more fiery.

(in reply to vad3r)
Post #: 29
RE: Spiderman reboot - 24/9/2010 3:42:21 PM   
kumar

I will always be gutted that I never got to see a Raimi/ Maguire sequel. And to think they were that close with production. I hope it can be at least half as good as Spiderman 2.

"Darth Silas - I love Craig as Bond too. Genius. "- Jackmansgirl 15/7/2008

Last films watched:

The Road - 4/5
Chronicle - 4/5
Twilight Breaking Dawn p1 - 1/5
Warrior - 5/5
Super 8 - 5/5
Paranormal Activity 3 - 3/5
MI 4 - 2/5

(in reply to Marwood)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> Spider-Man 4 Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI