Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Worst show ever.....

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> Worst show ever..... Page: <<   < prev  7 8 9 10 [11]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Worst show ever..... - 8/9/2009 9:38:44 PM   
S1lent B0b

they should have made this a good 15 years ago now that the shows filled whit moe rubbish than a 15 foot bin

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 301
- 24/9/2009 2:42:45 PM   
FanaticalAboutFilm

Although I'm really not a simpsons fan, I still quite liked the movie. Loughed hard at the "Arnie Schwarzenegger as president" scenes!

Post #: 302
- 24/9/2009 2:42:52 PM   
FanaticalAboutFilm

Although I'm really not a simpsons fan, I still quite liked the movie. Loughed hard at the "Arnie Schwarzenegger as president" scenes!

Post #: 303
- 31/7/2010 3:05:11 PM   
stevolegendbauer

Although the film is very funny it isnt as funny or even as cinematic as some of the best episodes. With the main focus rightly put on Homer the rest of the brilliant eccentric characters dont get a look in. This leaves Bart to do nothing really and when the town falls into chaos the film moves off with th Simpsons to Alaska, D'OH! But the main problem is the villian, if you make a Simpsons movie you dont bring in a new character to play baddie, you get one of TV's greatest ever villians, Mr C Montgomery Burns. So many episodes are made golden by his evil presemce. But he barely even shows up in the movie. Put it this way, when you make a superhero film you dont make up your own villian (Batman Begins aside) you use The Green Goblin or The Joker. The Simpsons Joker is Mr, Burns, but instead of him blocking out the sun we get the government sealing Springfield in a Dome. Funny but not half as funny as it coulf have, and shoulf have been.

Post #: 304
- 24/10/2010 11:43:14 AM   
hjfleeds

This is a really good film, one all simpsons fans can appreciate. While there are a few moments that feel like an extended episode (and by that I mean it goes on a while), and a few moments at the opposite end of the spectrum, as it feels a little too hollywood, in general its great. It's very funny, has some nice touches, great animation, and loads of memorable lines and scenes.

Post #: 305
Funny, But Nothing Special - 9/3/2011 11:01:06 AM   
blaud

The Simpsons created an entire era of comedy with its' sharp sight gags and unusually witty characters that are as varied as a paint pallete. It's therefore quite ironic that when a movie is made, the producers lose sight of the wit that made the original series so successful. The movie succeeds on its' own terms as a feature length episode, but that's not enough to warrant a high score. Some very amusing gags aside, this is a simple and uninspired stuff.

Post #: 306
What? - 4/6/2011 2:18:05 PM   
the film man

2 Stars, empire must not have a sence of humor.

Post #: 307
- 1/11/2011 12:35:38 PM   
Ciaran McDaid

Homer did well but not that great

Post #: 308
- 23/1/2012 11:27:53 PM   
jackcarlin18

very good indeed

Post #: 309
The Simpsons Movie Review - 5/2/2012 7:14:28 PM   
the film man

The Simpsons Movie contains the hearty laughs, biting satire, and honest portrayal of an American family that makes the show so popular. And it boasts slicker animation and polished writing that hearkens back to the show's glory days.

Post #: 310
A great comedy. - 25/8/2012 9:24:39 PM   
reaper996

The Simpsons is one of the greatest shows ever, even the later seasons are still funny and is better than practically anything else on TV. This film captures that same hilarious essence of the series and captivates it onto the big screen. Featuring practically every character in the show, it features so many great laughs, and a story that is both emotional and exciting. Repeat viewings are just as good also. A must watch for comedy, Simpsons and animated fans. Looks very good on Blu Ray also.

Post #: 311
2-stars? Really, Empire... - 28/4/2014 6:57:02 AM   
LeFelixBrown

It's very rarely that I disagree with Empire's verdicts (give or take one-star), but this? No - The Simpson's Movie was not bad. I thought it was funny, well-written, just the right length, and in keeping with the appeal of the TV show. It may not be a comedy masterpiece, but it's certainly a must-see, in my opinion.
As for comparing it to the new Coke thing? Far from it - if anything, the new Coke is the recent floppiness of the TV show, and this movie is like bringing back the original. It is, unlike its newer episodes, packed full of the poignancy and drama of the original 90s episodes.

Post #: 312
Page:   <<   < prev  7 8 9 10 [11]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> Worst show ever..... Page: <<   < prev  7 8 9 10 [11]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI