Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
The Lost Boys - 4/10/2005 4:00:26 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
the lost boys - 18/5/2006 2:39:42 PM   
debra day

how can you give this fantastic film 4 stars it,s what started me off liking vampire films espeacialy keifer sutherland he makes a great vampire he,s gorgeus this my era the eighties

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
Still holds up! - 28/8/2006 9:03:47 PM   
Strangef8

This was before Joel Schumacher started making really bad films like Showgirls and the last two Batman flicks so it's still pretty good. When the movie started I felt like we were starting in the middle of the film. You get no history of the vampires or anything. Just right into the current storyline. I mean is max David’s father or what? How long have they been around? How did Grandpa know about all the vamps? I think if there was enough interest there could have been a pretty good prequel here. There was a sequel called "Lost Girls" scripted but never filmed. I guess David didn't actually die because he never exploded like the rest of the vamps.
The make-up and special effect still look pretty good to me for a flick made in 1987. How old does that make you feel, lol? I only have a problem with two of the casting choices, Edward Herrmann as Max and Alex Winter as Marco. Edward Herrmann just looked stupid as a vampire. Is he supposed to be scary or comic relief? And Alex Winter? C'mon he's Bill from Bill & Ted for f***'s sake. (I know it doesn't seem like I like this movie but I do.) I think Corey Haim's character Sam is gay. Anybody notice the scene where he is wearing a "Born to Shop" T-shirt? Look at the poster on the back of his door, it's Rob Lowe, need I say more?
All in all it's a fun flick and I will say that this film had the coolest looking vampires (Besides Ed Herrmann of course) If I could be a vampire from any flick I would want to be one of the Lost Boys.
Best line? "My own brother, a Goddamn shit-sucking vampire! You wait till Mom finds out!
Till the next film.
Mitch

Post #: 3
The Lost Boys - 14/3/2007 7:53:51 PM   
zombiewarehouse

Not quite as good as Batman and Robin, only kiddin, this is a classic film from director Joel Schumacher, who is a great director on his day. Here he blends comedy and horror nigh on perfectly. Some great performances, (a memorable debut for Keifer Sutherland), and one of the best soundtracks in 80s movie history.

Post #: 4
Good Film - 6/5/2007 4:08:05 PM   
chrismart83

As i watched The Lost boys, i was reminded of the numerous times id watched it as a child. And re-watching the film now, i still enjoyed it. Good actors and a great soundtrack, this is a good entertaining vampire film, with some really funny scenes.

Post #: 5
Lots of fun - 16/6/2008 9:07:53 AM   
blaud

Keifer Sutherland is classic. Hugely watchable and mega entertaining

Post #: 6
- 25/9/2008 4:55:00 PM   
Hamsterwalt

Kiefer Kick Ass Sutherland delivers again in a word AWESOME

Post #: 7
- 1/10/2008 3:50:40 AM   
nc_jj

Really cool movie. Just don't watch the remake they made.

Post #: 8
RE: The Lost Boys - 10/10/2008 12:40:41 PM   
fuzzy

Isn't this supposed to be a review of the Lost Boys/Lost Boys 2 DVD release?

This is just a review of the Lost Boys original DVD release.

Mods?

Post #: 9
Lost Boys 5 stars, The Tribe 2 stars - 20/10/2008 3:20:12 PM   
hannah

The Lost Boys was my first fare into Horror as a child sisters insisted on watching it so I had to too, fell in love instantly with Keifer's voice still love it now in 24.
Put Lost Boys The Tribe in to watch on Saturday night, how disappointing I even missed the classic 80's reference of the Goonies whilst watching it, and totally missed the fact the Corey Feldman was in both (till this morning), Angus Sutherland is hot when he wears the sunny's not so when he is trying to seduce Autumn, sorry Nicole. Doesn't come close to his brother's seductive tones.
I decided to recall this Lost Boys meets Point Break but crappy, not nearly enough action and the gore was just OTT but cool none the less, makes me want to rewatch the original, sure as hell made me want to listen to the Soundtrack again on my mp3.

Post #: 10
Lost Boys 5 stars, The Tribe 2 stars - 20/10/2008 3:20:13 PM   
hannah

The Lost Boys was my first fare into Horror as a child sisters insisted on watching it so I had to too, fell in love instantly with Keifer's voice still love it now in 24.
Put Lost Boys The Tribe in to watch on Saturday night, how disappointing I even missed the classic 80's reference of the Goonies whilst watching it, and totally missed the fact the Corey Feldman was in both (till this morning), Angus Sutherland is hot when he wears the sunny's not so when he is trying to seduce Autumn, sorry Nicole. Doesn't come close to his brother's seductive tones.
I decided to recall this Lost Boys meets Point Break but crappy, not nearly enough action and the gore was just OTT but cool none the less, makes me want to rewatch the original, sure as hell made me want to listen to the Soundtrack again on my mp3.

Post #: 11
- 31/3/2009 2:12:23 PM   
LadyWolfMoon39

Love love love this movie (and have since it first came out)!
Love Jason and Keifer...the whole dark sensuous side.. the music (especially "Cry Little Sister" the totally darkest moving song of the soundtrack)...How Jason moves to the other side..It's all about finding out who you are...sometimes you wonder how you got where you ended up....
Magical, erotic at times...
Fan forever..............

Post #: 12
Greatest Vamp Film EVER! - 3/2/2012 12:08:24 AM   
lostboys96

This is the best vamp movie made. Better then 1984's FRIGHT NIGHT and better then NEAR DARK. I love this film. It had the best group of vamps ever and as for Corey Feldman, Jamison Newlander and Corey Haim... Well, they're awesome monster bashers! The soundtrack to this film is still amazing and the young cast is perfect. A film made for teens. Only thing i have against this is Joel Schumacher. I love some of his films (Phone Booth, Falling Down) but he put nipples on Batman! Although, this is perfect!

Post #: 13
The Lost Boys - 31/12/2013 12:54:40 AM   
Gamuza78

very ifant

Post #: 14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> The Lost Boys Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI