Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Criminal Minds Season 6 - US SPEED

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> Criminal Minds Season 6 - US SPEED Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Criminal Minds Season 6 - US SPEED - 22/7/2007 10:07:28 PM   
sanchia

HERE

It looks like he may also have well and truly screwed over any future television work if his behaviour has been as unprofessional as described.  It would not surprise me if a breach of contract lawsuit may also be heading his way.

< Message edited by homersimpson_esq -- 26/9/2010 7:17:42 PM >

Nothing to see here.

Post #: 1
RE: Mandy Patinkin off Criminal Minds - 23/7/2007 6:15:30 PM   
princessa

quote:

ORIGINAL: sanchia

HERE

It looks like he may also have well and truly screwed over any future television work if his behaviour has been as unprofessional as described.  It would not surprise me if a breach of contract lawsuit may also be heading his way.

Silly man, apparantly he did this on Chicago Hope as well.  TBH while i enjoyed season 1 of the series, i'm not enjoying Season 2 so much...i've hardly watched it.

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 2
Criminal Minds - 20/1/2009 7:14:36 PM   
Mason Verger

Five begin repeating series 1 on Friday.

Criminal Minds
Friday 23 January
11:00pm - 12:00am
Five
1/22 - Extreme Aggressor

Drama series following the FBI's Behavioural Analysis Unit as they attempt to solve crimes through psychological profiling. When the fourth woman in four months disappears in Seattle, the team are brought in to profile her captor. On his first job in six months after his last ended in disaster, Gideon assists the team while under the watchful eye of Hotch.VIDEO Plus+: 1731762
Repeat, Subtitled
Cast

• Jason Gideon - Mandy Patinkin
  • Aaron "Hotch" Hotchner - Thomas Gibson
  • Derek Morgan - Shemar Moore
  • Elle Greenaway - Lola Glaudini
  • Dr Spencer Reid - Matthew Gray Gubler

Mind like parachute - only function when open.

Be excellent to each other.

(in reply to sanchia)
  • Post #: 3
    RE: Mandy Patinkin off Criminal Minds - 22/1/2009 1:24:21 PM   
    spark1

his replacement joe mantegna is good on show-virgin 1 showing season 3 eps.

(in reply to sanchia)
    Post #: 4
    RE: Mandy Patinkin off Criminal Minds - 26/9/2010 7:16:59 PM   
    homersimpson_esq

Jeez, does nobody else watch this?

Season 6 just started (I'll turn this into the US Speed thread) and it was a cracking opener.

Spoilers ahead

Tim Curry was a great bad guy, and there was something about that little girl that makes me think she'll be back in some freaky child-serial-killer episode... Don't ask me why.

Spoilers end

Sure, the programme is a killer-of-the-week show, through and through, but sometimes you want that rather than the continuous stories that are the norm these days. Well, I like the variety anyway. Plus you do get to know the characters.

Also, it has this lovely lady in it

That deep-browed Homer ruled as his demesne.

Bristol Bad Film Club
    A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

(in reply to spark1)
    Post #: 5
    RE: Mandy Patinkin off Criminal Minds - 26/9/2010 7:21:49 PM   
    nomimalone

I watch this! It's my favourite show and AJ Cook is the reason I started watching it, hence why I'm not pleased about what is going to happen in the next episode.
    I thought the season opener was OK, at least it was better than the season 5 finale. I loved JJ's scene on the phone!

(in reply to homersimpson_esq)
    Post #: 6
    RE: Mandy Patinkin off Criminal Minds - 26/9/2010 7:28:07 PM   
    homersimpson_esq

Now, see, I've not read anything about the next episode, but now I'm not looking forward to it. AJ Cook is my favourite character in it - not just because she's hot as hell (although, I'm not saying that doesn't contribute to the overall impression...) but because she's the best character there. The phone scene was amazing - just the shots of the random people listening to her.

Still, at least there are other people out there watching it! I was gutted when Patinkin left - I didn't know the circumstances and from what is said above, I think I'd rather not know since I loved him in The Princess Bride! - but Mantegna is a good replacement.

Bristol Bad Film Club
    A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

(in reply to nomimalone)
    Post #: 7
    RE: Mandy Patinkin off Criminal Minds - 26/9/2010 7:30:15 PM   
    nomimalone

I never really liked Gideon very much, or Elle. I much prefer the show as it is now, with Prentiss and Rossi in the ensemble. I'll say no more about next week, other than neither of us will be pleased.

Post #: 8
    RE: Mandy Patinkin off Criminal Minds - 26/9/2010 7:35:15 PM   
    homersimpson_esq

If they kill her off I'll be fucking fuming. I had a feeling they might have killed off Morgan, with the way he was baiting Tim Curry's killer.

Y'know, I'd totally forgotten about Elle - that was a brilliant sub-story that was. I like how each character, over the whole show, has had their characters fleshed out. Morgan with his childhood abuse, Reid with his mother (which would be fun if she cameo'd again, since her star is rising with Glee!), and so forth. It does make for a really distinct yet cohesive team.

Also hard to reconcile that Hotch is Greg...

Bristol Bad Film Club

(in reply to nomimalone)
    Post #: 9
    RE: Mandy Patinkin off Criminal Minds - 26/9/2010 7:39:43 PM   
    nomimalone

Yeah, if you look back through Thomas Gibson's career there's an awful lot of comedy, so it always amuses me that Hotch hardly ever smiles.

Apparently the executive producer has said that season 6 will be the season of secrets, but he wouldn't elaborate further.

Post #: 10
    RE: Mandy Patinkin off Criminal Minds - 26/9/2010 7:42:46 PM   
    Shifty Bench

quote:

ORIGINAL: homersimpson_esq

If they kill her off I'll be fucking fuming.

Me too, they haven't killed anybody else off, why J.J? That'll be a kick in the teeth to the actress and her fans.

Extended Edition Podcast- Episode 46:Threads Of Destiny (Star Wars Fan Film)

Post #: 11
    RE: Mandy Patinkin off Criminal Minds - 26/9/2010 7:46:13 PM   
    homersimpson_esq

Ooh, hello Shifty - join us select few who watch this show!

Well, until the rest come out of the woodwork!

Tbf, I'm not sure why I never started a thread, or searched for a thread, before!

Bristol Bad Film Club

(in reply to Shifty Bench)
    Post #: 12
    RE: Mandy Patinkin off Criminal Minds - 26/9/2010 9:05:55 PM   
    Shifty Bench

I've been a fan of the show for a while, caught up with the ones I'd missed last year and have watched every week there was a new ep since 

I didn't even know this thread was here

Post #: 13
    RE: Mandy Patinkin off Criminal Minds - 26/9/2010 9:10:31 PM   
    Peppermint

I've been catching up with this and all the episodes I haven't seen of it since I got Sky back a couple of months ago. I just wish Garcia would do a little less sitting there with her mouth open sometimes.

"Dr Jackson's gonna die when he sees this."

"What, again?"

Post #: 14
    RE: Mandy Patinkin off Criminal Minds - 26/9/2010 9:21:29 PM   
    Captain Black

quote:

ORIGINAL: nomimalone
    I was gutted when Patinkin left - I didn't know the circumstances

I'm going to guess it was because he got fed up of the rest of the cast giving him shit for having a girl's name. Seriously though he's quite notorious for walking out on shows; he did the same with Chicago Hope (after, I think, getting an Emmy nomination or similar) many years earlier. And it's not really a sensible career move if you're perceived as leaving shows in a tricky position to write around.

Invisiotext:
    [color=#F1F1F1]text[/color]

(in reply to Peppermint)
    Post #: 15
    RE: Mandy Patinkin off Criminal Minds - 30/9/2010 11:55:41 PM   
    homersimpson_esq

Not. Fucking. Happy.

Bristol Bad Film Club

(in reply to Captain Black)
    Post #: 16
    RE: Mandy Patinkin off Criminal Minds - 1/10/2010 2:36:29 AM   
    Shifty Bench

Yeah, it's bullshit but at least there's a chance she can come back. The main story was pretty poor this week but I did enjoy the character stuff especially the J.J/Garcia scene, I was welling up a bit.

But, yeah, I'm not chuffed either.

< Message edited by Shifty Bench -- 1/10/2010 2:37:14 AM >

Post #: 17
    RE: Mandy Patinkin off Criminal Minds - 1/10/2010 10:30:44 PM   
    homersimpson_esq

I mean, they could have had her leave in a nice way - she could have decided that it was better for her young'un, and have everyone happy at her amazing new job. They could have handled it so well, rather than the frankly cack-handed way it was done. The way they had a mini-montage (THREE SCENES?! is that the best they could do?!) and a goodbye made sure that it pretty much is definite.

Idiots.

Bristol Bad Film Club

Post #: 18
    RE: Criminal Minds - 2/10/2010 12:07:42 AM   
    nomimalone

I've been seriously fucking unhappy about this since June!
    It's highly doubtful she'll be back. AJ Cook didn't want to leave. The idiots at CBS decided to write her out and the first the rest of the cast knew about it was when they heard it in the press/on Twitter! There was a big campaign in June with an online petition  and organised phoning of CBS to get them to change their mind, but it was to no avail. They're also planning to introduce a new female cast member later this season.
    As part of the same idiotic shake-up of a show that doesn't need changing, another current cast member will be in reduced episodes this season and will then also be written out. Don't click here, if you don't want to know who.

This will be the last season I will watch Criminal Minds, because of these 2 ridiculous decisions.

Plus, how hot was she in her final episode? Purple suits her.

< Message edited by nomimalone -- 2/10/2010 12:46:04 AM >

Post #: 19
    RE: Criminal Minds - 2/10/2010 5:08:40 AM   
    Shifty Bench

At least they didn't kill her off.

And yeah, all that stuff is shite. I mean, what's the fucking point in introducing a new female character? What's wrong with the ones they have/had? Oh, and apparently, Garcia will be in the new spin-off too which just adds more insult.

< Message edited by Shifty Bench -- 2/10/2010 5:10:49 AM >

(in reply to nomimalone)
    Post #: 20
    RE: Criminal Minds - 2/10/2010 10:38:22 AM   
    nomimalone

Oh, don't get me started on the new spin-off! The CM ep where they introduced the new characters was cringeworthy and as for them trying to get the English bloke to flirt with Prentiss... My gaydar gets a very big reading from her! 
    I don't begrudge Kirsten Vangness the work on the spin-off, because she and Garcia are awesome, but I won't be watching!

Post #: 21
    RE: Criminal Minds - 2/10/2010 3:50:43 PM   
    Shifty Bench

quote:

I don't begrudge Kirsten Vangness the work on the spin-off, because she and Garcia are awesome, but I won't be watching!

I don't begrudge Vangsness (I love Garcia), but I think it's a bit shite that she gets the extra work while the other two are getting fucked over. They should give Nicholas Brendon the Garcia role in the spin-off

(in reply to nomimalone)
    Post #: 22
    RE: Criminal Minds - 2/10/2010 5:59:10 PM   
    sanchia

quote:

Oh, don't get me started on the new spin-off! The CM ep where they introduced the new characters was cringeworthy and as for them trying to get the English bloke to flirt with Prentiss... My gaydar gets a very big reading from her! 

It was truly a dire episode which makes the potential spin off look awful. I think it was the lack of chemistry between any of the characters combined with Forest Whittaker coming across as a bloke who was only there for the pay cheque and giving a terribly bland and boring performance.

< Message edited by sanchia -- 2/10/2010 6:01:30 PM >

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to nomimalone)
    Post #: 23
    RE: Criminal Minds - 3/10/2010 1:17:47 AM   
    nomimalone

I just rewatched "JJ" as my first viewing was so full of anger and tears I wasn't sure I'd seen it all. Again, the incredibly subversive nature of the writing struck me. "Don't they understand that we're a family? That that's why this works, because we're a family, do they even care?" That could very well be the fans and the cast talking. That final scene between JJ and Garcia was so sad, I'm not actually sure AJ and Kirsten were acting! The bit about "plenty of big, strong men around" was brilliant too and a nice little dig after these idiotic decisions by CBS were seen by many (including me) as sexist crap.

I like AJ's t-shirt in this pic Kisten linked to in this post on Twitter.

< Message edited by nomimalone -- 3/10/2010 1:20:03 AM >

(in reply to sanchia)
    Post #: 24
    RE: Criminal Minds - 3/10/2010 7:54:53 PM   
    homersimpson_esq

That Forest Whitaker ep was some spin off thing?! I've not even heard of it.

And yes, JJ was so fucking hot in that last episode. I mean, she was on another level.

Bristol Bad Film Club

(in reply to nomimalone)
    Post #: 25
    RE: Criminal Minds - 3/10/2010 10:13:40 PM   
    Shifty Bench

quote:

ORIGINAL: homersimpson_esq

That Forest Whitaker ep was some spin off thing?! I've not even heard of it.

Yeah, it was a 'pilot' to Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior coming 2011. It has Richard Schiff! So, it can't be that bad- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criminal_Minds:_Suspect_Behavior

Post #: 26
    RE: Criminal Minds - 7/10/2010 5:26:03 PM   
    nomimalone

Decent episode this week, the older unsub was really creepy. The show feels weird without JJ and it has too many men!

Post #: 27
    RE: Criminal Minds - 5/11/2010 1:34:41 AM   
    homersimpson_esq

That was a confusing episode. HE'S IN BONES AS A GOOD GUY LULZ.

Bristol Bad Film Club

(in reply to nomimalone)
    Post #: 28
    RE: Criminal Minds - 5/11/2010 11:22:25 AM   
    nomimalone

That's what I kept thinking. Wendell can't be a baddie, he's lovely!

Pretty average episode for me. I'm not sure if I can put my finger on it, but something about the writing just seems off.

Post #: 29
    RE: Criminal Minds - 12/11/2010 12:57:37 AM   
    nomimalone

Really liked this week's episode, especially the nods to 2 of my favourite films. It was an extremely creepy episode and Robert Knepper was perfect for it.

(in reply to nomimalone)
    Post #: 30
    Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
    All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> Criminal Minds Season 6 - US SPEED Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
    Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI