Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Transformers Crushes The Competition

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Transformers Crushes The Competition Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Transformers Crushes The Competition - 9/7/2007 10:11:32 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
- 9/7/2007 10:11:32 AM   
Hughezy

Transformers would have made ALOT more worldwide if they had just given it a worldwide release.

But it's ALREADY being pirated all over the place.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
RE: - 9/7/2007 10:23:52 AM   
JagLover

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hughezy

Transformers would have made ALOT more worldwide if they had just given it a worldwide release.

But it's ALREADY being pirated all over the place.

Agreed

It was a mistake having such a large gap between release dates for such an anticipated movie.

(in reply to Hughezy)
Post #: 3
Thats Solid For Die Hard - 9/7/2007 11:12:31 AM   
AboyNamedSue

They're good numbers, studio is happy. It wll turn huge profit worldwide.

Post #: 4
RE: Thats Solid For Die Hard - 9/7/2007 11:50:56 AM   
jasperoosterveld

The only thing is that if they make a sequal it can be really bad because the only thing they care about is money. They just need a better director then Bay.
Dont get me wrong, i loved the movie! but i could have been better :)

(in reply to AboyNamedSue)
Post #: 5
- 9/7/2007 11:51:32 AM   
alimac

it will enter titanic territory

Post #: 6
- 9/7/2007 12:00:00 PM   
alimac

if u read empire this year you will have read michael bay say he wants it to be a trilogy and with these numbers i think its definite

Post #: 7
Transformers verdict - 9/7/2007 12:56:23 PM   
wickamonkey

I saw Transformers in the states and it is more satisfying and a lot better written than the other blockbusters so far this year. I really don't see how there could be a sequel or "franchise" as everything seems to be wrapped up well (note "satisfying" part of this comment)

Post #: 8
RE: Transformers verdict - 9/7/2007 2:20:24 PM   
jasperoosterveld

Trilogy is fine but i hope a different director, why doesnt spielberg does it himself?

I don't agree with you wickamonkey because they TF universe is so big and so many more robots can come and kick ass :D

(in reply to wickamonkey)
Post #: 9
Expected But A Sigh Of Relief On My Count - 9/7/2007 3:02:56 PM   
Filmfreak666

Can't wait for the release of Transformers over here and after seeing your four star review I'm def going to go see it. Well we can all guarantee a second Transformers anyway with the money it's raking in. As for Die Hard 4 well I expect after it's mostly three star reviews people were not too bothered about seeing it. It's home is the DVD. But what does this say for all Rambo and any more sequels to films made years ago. Have people forgotten about them...Hmmmmm???

Post #: 10
RE: Transformers Crushes The Competition - 9/7/2007 5:18:19 PM   
fox28

Why oh Why do Empire reviewers give all this massive popcorn movies 4 and 5 stars all the time!!!  Michael Bay no doubt has a eye for action, but my god how many crimes against cinema has he committed already in his career? If any other director had made this film I would go and see it, but I just know BAY will make me cringe!   

When I first started reading this magazine I loved the fact it was witty and always had intresting articales about the films it reviewed and seemed fresh and at the cutting edge of showing empire readers the best in forthcoming talent, Colin Farrell springs to mind even before tigerland you featured him...Maybe it 's me but i feel empire has sold out to all the big studio films and just kisses there ass!! .......maybe an ill considered rant or maybe a few morsals of truth..what do you think???  

Post #: 11
RE: Transformers Crushes The Competition - 9/7/2007 5:30:59 PM   
Lazarus munkey

quote:

ORIGINAL: fox28

Maybe it 's me but i feel empire has sold out to all the big studio

Did you name yourself after one???

I don't think that Empire has sold out, it has to balance depth with the demands of the market. While I would love to see Ken Loach on the cover, I'm guessing that that issue wouldn't shift many units.

Back on message, Transformers looks like it may well rock.
Even my wife wants to see it.

"Because I got the answers"

Last 5 seen
Chronicle 4/5
The Amazing Spider-Man 3/5
Young Adult 4/5
21 Jump Street 4/5
The Apartment 5/5

(in reply to fox28)
Post #: 12
RE: Transformers verdict - 9/7/2007 6:35:03 PM   
mafyou

quote:

ORIGINAL: wickamonkey

I saw Transformers in the states and it is more satisfying and a lot better written than the other blockbusters so far this year. I really don't see how there could be a sequel or "franchise" as everything seems to be wrapped up well (note "satisfying" part of this comment)

Blimey mate it's Transformers. If you've seen any of G1 you know that everything gets pretty neatly wrapped up at the end of each episode yet there was about 100.

Et In Arcadia Ego

(in reply to wickamonkey)
Post #: 13
RE: Transformers Crushes The Competition - 9/7/2007 6:58:37 PM   
Dave B

quote:

ORIGINAL: fox28

Why oh Why do Empire reviewers give all this massive popcorn movies 4 and 5 stars all the time!!! 

Spider-Man 3, Rise of the Silver Surfer, Die Hard 4.0 and Pirates of the Caribbean 3 got 3 stars. Shrek 3 got 2 stars.

Hey, what's with the flying jerks?

(in reply to fox28)
Post #: 14
- 9/7/2007 10:13:00 PM   
alimac

i cant wait to see it .if bay wants a trilogy and if the studio sees numbers like this its a definite and the studio will see no need to change director so sadly i think wee are stuck with bay

Post #: 15
What the hell??? - 11/7/2007 5:37:59 PM   
Kirky

Change the director, change the director!!!What is wrong with people??? I think that with the success of the movie already then wny the hell should the replace Michael Bay, he took alot on when mkaing this movie and it's proved to be a success. SO GIVE THE GUY A BREAK

Post #: 16
- 11/7/2007 10:27:25 PM   
alimac

i will never give the guy a break for wasting my time with the island and pearl harbour

Post #: 17
Grr - 12/7/2007 12:23:16 PM   
Kirky

Ok Pearl Harbour sucked (except the action scenes) but I actually thought the Island was quite a good film. You cant always judge someone for their past work. Look at Peter Jackson, goes form films like Brain Dead to Lord of the Rings. Anyway could you do a better job under all that pressure???

Post #: 18
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Transformers Crushes The Competition Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI