Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Er... Wow...

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> Er... Wow... Page: <<   < prev  12 13 14 [15] 16   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Er... Wow... - 15/5/2008 7:56:26 AM   
ApotheosisX

Amazing film... It's not about plot, it's about spectacle.

And for that alone I give it five stars... Michael Bay and his team have done an incredible work of entertainment here. They deserve the five star treatment.

Visually stunning.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 421
- 25/6/2008 4:34:11 PM   
IsabelB

Finally! this film FINALLY got recognised for it's astounding effects. it won the saturn award for it which may not be the best award ever, but it's still good. go get those polar bears and step on them

Post #: 422
- 24/9/2008 1:17:06 PM   
SkullKassidy

Ok I'm a HUGE Transformers fan and would love to give this 5 stars ...but unfortunately I can't. My main problem is that is just too much dead wood in this film, Shia may be able to hold audience interest despite being surrounded giant robot monsters, but Megan Fox, the scientists and the army blokes can't. And considering it's a film about the Transformers they seem to be very underused to make way for scientist trying crack codes and soldiers in the middle east. I hope for the sequel that the cast is trimmed Shia and bunch of robots kicking lumps out of each other. The effects are undeniabley great looking ...thought the robot design could so with either some simplifying or making each character more distinguishable so you can make out who is who and what's actually happening when they fight. A fun watch ...but could have been so much better.

Post #: 423
What the crap is this doing in the 500 greatest ever mo... - 7/10/2008 2:33:20 AM   
TheHazman

It's a pretty good film but one of the 500 best ever made. i think not!

Post #: 424
- 21/10/2008 8:35:22 AM   
Pat Roach

Watching it right now - it's only half way through. Jeez it's depressing. Stunningly bad dialogue. I just can't get over the script. I was a massive fan of the origional. Why is this a lame comedy? What the hell is going on? Why is there a fat black guy screaming at a blond Aussie computer geek? The special effects are good? No shit! It's a transformers movie! 2 stars but it could still go up or down by one star...and I'm predicting down.

Post #: 425
Watched the rest of it... - 22/10/2008 2:07:07 AM   
Pat Roach

Okay, okay 3 stars. The end battle was pretty good. It's just that I don't see why special effects and technology can't be used in conjunction with an intelligent script - yes even in a Transformers script. In fact in many ways the cartoon is more daring. A planet eating, planet sized Transformer called Unicron voiced my Orson Wells? Considerably cooler

Post #: 426
Really Bad - 1/11/2008 5:02:53 PM   
shawmab

'The surprise is the lightness of touch: treat as a comedy for best results.' -

Why the hell would we want to do this!!!! Treart as a coomdey to excuse the fact the facts its a shit ation film. Treat as serious film to realise its crap.

Post #: 427
Really Bad - 1/11/2008 5:02:57 PM   
shawmab

'The surprise is the lightness of touch: treat as a comedy for best results.' -

Why the hell would we want to do this!!!! Treart as a coomdey to excuse the fact the facts its a shit ation film. Treat as serious film to realise its crap.

Post #: 428
Transformers - 1/12/2008 11:12:03 PM   
jncorbett

Great fun. The effects are fantastic too, not sure how it lost out on the effects oscar.

A proper popcorn film, and probably the most entertaining of 2007's summer.

Post #: 429
One of my top 10 movies EVER - 19/1/2009 4:23:38 PM   
MariannaBelle

I LOVED this movie.

Transformers was a big part of my childhood and that does mean i'm biased but oh well.

The movie was SICK [cant think of a better word]. I actually squealed when the robots started transforming... it was visually amazing. All the fight/action scenes were untouchable and i personally didnt mind the plot. it was good enough for me and my brother. We've watched the movie 7 times now!

What i didnt expect from the movie was how funny it was. i laughed so much and that is partly down to SHIA. he is an amazing actor and he needs to keep doing it. And even as a girl i could see how HOT meghan fox is!

Gosh, i love Transformers

Post #: 430
One of my top 10 movies EVER - 19/1/2009 4:23:40 PM   
MariannaBelle

I LOVED this movie.

Transformers was a big part of my childhood and that does mean i'm biased but oh well.

The movie was SICK [cant think of a better word]. I actually squealed when the robots started transforming... it was visually amazing. All the fight/action scenes were untouchable and i personally didnt mind the plot. it was good enough for me and my brother. We've watched the movie 7 times now!

What i didnt expect from the movie was how funny it was. i laughed so much and that is partly down to SHIA. he is an amazing actor and he needs to keep doing it. And even as a girl i could see how HOT meghan fox is!

Gosh, i love Transformers

Post #: 431
AWESOME! - 27/1/2009 9:28:13 AM   
THE DALTONATOR

call me shallow but this film had everything for a brilliant summer blockbuster. sexy women, big explosions, great special effects, lots of explosions and battles, big inspirational music, army men and soldiers, comedy and great rising star lead performance from shia labeouf. sure it isnt art but its one hell of a fun time in the cinema

Post #: 432
- 28/1/2009 7:59:54 PM   
bobyfilm

i was very surprised at how gritty this movie was. i dont mean private ryan gritty but it has a certain dirty (steady) edge to it. i also loved the final fight at the end. i think this does deserve four stars as it holds its ground for such a long run time. (and TOP job on the budget for this film as well)

Post #: 433
Better than expected Transformers - 4/3/2009 9:45:12 PM   
lynnshep

Not bad. Much better than I thought it would be. Good effects, funny, a little too long, but not bad.

Post #: 434
Better than expected Transformers - 4/3/2009 9:45:47 PM   
lynnshep

Not bad. Much better than I thought it would be. Good effects, funny, a little too long, but not bad.

Post #: 435
- 15/4/2009 6:21:42 PM   
PureAinmhi

Script is absolutely terrible but who cares? It's a blockbuster. The action well makes up for it. Great CG effects. Watch it.... NOW!!!

Post #: 436
AMAZING - 10/5/2009 3:34:00 PM   
ROTFOptimusPrime

honestly the best film i have ever seen! I LOVE OPTIMUS!

Post #: 437
AMAZING - 10/5/2009 3:34:05 PM   
ROTFOptimusPrime

honestly the best film i have ever seen! I LOVE OPTIMUS!

Post #: 438
Spectacular...name it as my second favorite movie! - 30/5/2009 9:21:01 AM   
batbhai

This movie rocks!!!
Me and my friend couldn't believe our eyes! We wish it could go on and on. It's a blend of action,thrills,drama and funny goofs. I hope T2: ROTF gets better.

Post #: 439
A pleasant surprise - 29/6/2009 12:44:36 PM   
jacob_lost

On sitting down to watch Transformers, I had a clear picture in my head of what I expected: Rip-roaring action, plummeting across the screen every other minute; clunky dialogue filling in the moments that the action doesn't take up the film; disappointment. I was partly right, however there was no disappointment to be found here. From the moment the film began, I knew to take it in a different approach to any other blockbuster. Best not taken seriously, I sat back and watched a solid Shia LaBeouf attempt to hit on Megan Fox's Mikaela with ease. Even the many sub-plots I sat back and enjoyed - and then the action begins. It is as if Michael Bay had littered the film with these small moments all to make the bigger moments that bit more impressive... not that he needed to. Mixing comedy with action was the right way to go, meaning Bay can sit back smiling after successfully bringing Optimus Prime, Bumblebee and Megatron to the big-screen. As the film ends, and Linkin Park's 'What I've Done' blasts over the credits, it is guaranteed you'll be appreciative of the mindless fun you just endured, and be awaiting the sequel with open arms. 'We are here. We are waiting' - so are we, Prime, so are we.

Post #: 440
So much fun - 21/7/2009 3:41:24 PM   
brokenking

I would give this a four star rating but it takes too long in introducing the characters. Once it gets over the preamble then its what a transformers film should be, lots of robots blowing stuff up.

I'll honest I first saw this was at the cinema and I didn't come away with a great impression but after seeing the second film I knew I had to see more robot action. Yes teh acting is basic and the plot is bonkers but then the cartoon never made much sense so why should the film. Since buyng the DVD I've probably watched it five times. Now I'll happily sit through the whole two hours just to see the transforming, especially Starscream who seems to get all the coolest animation. All this really needs is more action, watching Shia and Megan fall in love and Sector Seven introducing themselves might be important in film terms it just slows the fun down, which is the film's biggest draw.

Post #: 441
309 - 1/3/2010 3:39:24 PM   
suleiman

At first i was kind of dissapointed, but to be honest action wise it still kicks just about every other comic book movies ass. And as The Dalnator said its got everything a blockbuster needs. This is the Blu-ray i reach for when ever im bored.

Post #: 442
The perfect blend... - 9/5/2010 6:01:28 PM   
neopol

It came as a complete shock to me that I LOVED this movie! Granted, I would consider myself to be a Michael Bay fan, but certainly not a Transformers fan.

Yes, I played with toys as a kid and the concept is good, but I never really bought into the TV shoes etc...

But there's very little wrong with this film. Great script, dialogue, action, music and pacing. I now some may scoff at my great dialogue line, but the core to this films' success is the fact that it knows exactly what it is.

It's an action block buster about living alien robots that transform in to various vehicles ...
How seriously can you tale this concept??? But it manages to take it seriously enough to draw in the audience and keep our attention for almost 2 and half hours.

My only 2 quibbles with this movie are Jon Voight, always a problem in my opinion, and that Australian chick and the fat black guy. The most irritating comic relief ever...? Possibly...

Post #: 443
- 24/5/2010 5:00:31 PM   
newblue11

good enough film. The first half is dull, chessy and badly scripted. but the second half throws away the script and this becomes a brilliant blockbuster

Post #: 444
- 24/5/2010 5:00:47 PM   
newblue11

good enough film. The first half is dull, chessy and badly scripted. but the second half throws away the script and this becomes a brilliant blockbuster

Post #: 445
Transformers: Wow! - 2/7/2010 6:22:34 PM   
LUCASLITTLEWOOD

Now I’m not a big fan of monster movies like King Kong or Godzilla but this was amazing! I love Shi LaBeouf and Megan Fox and together they were great. The story was innotive and strong and the supporting cast were brilliant. The only thing that disappointed me was the lack of close-ups and appearances of the transformed robots. Overall an amazing film, defiantly one for the comic book fans.

Post #: 446
- 4/8/2010 5:02:54 PM   
stevolegendbauer

I was never interested in transformers before this movie. Didnt watch the show or play with the toys so I went in a bit blind. But after the first incredible assault on a US military base I was completely blown away. The rest of the film is just as good, its a very well cast film and very funny but its the giant robots that steal the show, as they should. ILM has done an amazing job on the effects. The robots look photo real and the transforming is done very slickly, you can see each part sliding and shifting around until a car becomes a giant killing machine. The action is some of the best Michael Bay has ever done. The only flaw is the plot, some nonsense about a cube, but nobody cares when its this entertaining.

Post #: 447
- 16/8/2010 9:41:04 PM   
TheGodfather

Transformers
It still is an entertaining flick and it`s still excellent to turn of your brain with the bombastic action flicks of Michael "Mr. Orange" Bay after a day`s work. Still, I was a little less excited this time then when I saw it in cinema on its release.
The nostalgia score is high of course, the voices of Optimus Prime and Megatron make you wanna go back to your childhood. Too bad that the story isn`t anything more than "just ok" and the at times lame humour almost kill the film.
Luckily though, the excellent (although at times hard to follow) action scenes make up for a lot of that.

7,5/10

Post #: 448
Did Bay just make a good movie? - 1/3/2011 8:15:05 PM   
bnicholson50

Ok, I'm a self confessed transformers nut since I was a kid so this is biased in that respect. However, I feel balance is restored since I really hate Michael Bay. But I have to say that this was a great movie. Pity about the sequel.

Post #: 449
Spectacular - 2/6/2011 10:54:44 PM   
the film man

This is Michael Bay's best so far, it's funny and the action is definutly rock hard.

Post #: 450
Page:   <<   < prev  12 13 14 [15] 16   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> Er... Wow... Page: <<   < prev  12 13 14 [15] 16   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI