Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: The Shield series 6 - UK speed

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: The Shield series 6 - UK speed Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The Shield series 6 - UK speed - 24/2/2009 8:59:06 AM   
jediwarrior

quote:

ORIGINAL: swan

quote:

ORIGINAL: emogeek

quote:

ORIGINAL: jediwarrior

Best line/Bit must go to Billings who in his police report about a murder made the notes on a witness with "She has a great rack"  

He was right though - she did

thats exactly what i thought i was like'wow she really does' then i got thinking about how casting goes for those types of roles.....

does anyone know what time it is on?

It on Monday nights at 10pm on FIVE USA channel Sky 174 Virgin 150 and Freeview 35

GAMERTAG: hothtrooper

The hate of men will pass, and dictators die, and the power they took from the people will return to the people. And so long as men die, liberty will never perish.

(in reply to swan)
Post #: 61
RE: The Shield series 6 - UK speed - 13/5/2009 8:48:53 AM   
HughesRoss

What a gut wretching..stunning....shocking......disturbing.....unbelivable......words can not describe...... climax to the last but one episode........

SPOLIERS

I had no idea that he was thinking of killing his wife and child -(or suicide pack)

Watching him putting that gun in his mouth and then BANG made it such an uncomfortable but gripping watch...

Now its only Vic and Ronnie left, and one hour to go....
                                                                                  Best Cop Show on the Box

Our first ever HCF MOVIE AWARDS

http://horrorcultfilms.co.uk/2012/01/horrorcultfilms-movie-awards-of-2011-all-the-winners-right-here-of-our-first-ever-hcf-awards/

(in reply to jediwarrior)
Post #: 62
RE: The Shield series 7 - UK speed - 19/5/2009 2:32:42 PM   
jediwarrior

So Shane blew his head off. That was a jaw dropping moment with me saying OMFG!!! when it happen.  I must admit I never saw that coming.

So I shall watch the final episode tonight when I get home.

I also agree it is the BEST COP SHOW ON THE BOX.

< Message edited by jediwarrior -- 19/5/2009 3:18:21 PM >

The hate of men will pass, and dictators die, and the power they took from the people will return to the people. And so long as men die, liberty will never perish.

(in reply to HughesRoss)
Post #: 63
RE: The Shield series 7 - UK speed - 19/5/2009 2:54:38 PM   
emogeek

After gearing up all series for a final Vic/Shane showdown, it was one hell of a shocker (although it could be argued that it was Vic's promise to visit his kids on their birthday every year that pushed him over the edge, so in a way, Vic did kill him)

Can't wait to get home tonight to watch the finale - not looking good for Ronnie, and I'm expecting some form of confrontation when he finds out that Vic has royally screwed him.

And then... no more

Forget best cop show on the box - it's the best show on the box bar none.

Wire? Schmire

The Fear Of Blood Tends To Create Fear For The Flesh

Have you ever been halfway through eating a horse and then realised you weren't as hungry as you thought you were?

Post #: 64
RE: The Shield series 7 - UK speed - 20/5/2009 7:41:10 AM   
emogeek

Fuck me!  How good was that?

Have you ever been halfway through eating a horse and then realised you weren't as hungry as you thought you were?

(in reply to emogeek)
Post #: 65
RE: The Shield series 7 - UK speed - 20/5/2009 9:01:35 AM   
jediwarrior

And so it ends with Vic going to work in a suit each day with his starbucks coffee and My little pony lunchbox.
Poor Ronnie goes to jail for life and no doubt won't enjoy the showers each day.
Claudete(sp) is dying and the cute policewoman (who name I can never remember) is no longer a rookie.

I think a spin-off should be made with Dutch and Billings going about solving crimes. Dutch doing all the work and Billings just f*cking about reading the paper.

A wonderful show which I shall miss. It's been a wonderful 7 year journey watching this show and I shall now look forward to rewatching all the series on DVD as I've only watch them once so far.

Nice little song as the show ended which clips from previous series being shown.

GOD BLESS THE SHIELD.

< Message edited by jediwarrior -- 20/5/2009 9:02:30 AM >

(in reply to emogeek)
Post #: 66
RE: The Shield series 6 - UK speed - 20/5/2009 9:14:28 AM   
HughesRoss

Everything about this stunning finale oozed class.

Vic and Claudettes final showdown...

Vic betraying Ronnie.....

The scene when after all these years of trying to bring Vic down,  the day they do it, major problems on the street and the realisation that it may not have happened if Vic was still out there doing his job.

Yes it was that good!  The Wire does not lit a candle compared to this wonderful show that will be deeply missed by all fans over the world.

As Vic sat there, his eyes telling its own story, the moment he grabbed his gun and walked out-where too?-suicide? nah!

Back on the street to sort out the meat!

Life goes on at the Barn and with Vic who probaly had one more Ace up his sleeve but sadly we won't be around to share it all!

Goodbye and thanks for the memories!!!!!!!!1

< Message edited by HughesRoss -- 20/5/2009 9:15:58 AM >

Our first ever HCF MOVIE AWARDS

http://horrorcultfilms.co.uk/2012/01/horrorcultfilms-movie-awards-of-2011-all-the-winners-right-here-of-our-first-ever-hcf-awards/

Post #: 67
RE: The Shield series 7 - UK speed - 20/5/2009 9:27:18 AM   
emogeek

quote:

ORIGINAL: jediwarrior

And so it ends with Vic going to work in a suit each day with his starbucks coffee and My little pony lunchbox.
Poor Ronnie goes to jail for life and no doubt won't enjoy the showers each day.
Claudete(sp) is dying and the cute policewoman (who name I can never remember) is no longer a rookie.

I think a spin-off should be made with Dutch and Billings going about solving crimes. Dutch doing all the work and Billings just f*cking about reading the paper.

A wonderful show which I shall miss. It's been a wonderful 7 year journey watching this show and I shall now look forward to rewatching all the series on DVD as I've only watch them once so far.

Nice little song as the show ended which clips from previous series being shown.

GOD BLESS THE SHIELD.

But would Billings need to come in to work after his massive pay off?

And the cute one is Tina.

God bless The Shield indeed.

Post #: 68
RE: The Shield series 7 - UK speed - 20/5/2009 4:20:33 PM   
davie_rfc

Such a great ending. Loved the credit sequence at the end showing moments from all seasons past...especially fitting that it ended with Shane, Ronnie and Vic's gun salute to Lem

"This whole festival was put together by twenty third-graders with lots of chutzpah and one panda!"

(in reply to emogeek)
Post #: 69
RE: The Shield series 7 - UK speed - 21/5/2009 10:41:23 AM   
emogeek

quote:

ORIGINAL: davie_rfc

Such a great ending. Loved the credit sequence at the end showing moments from all seasons past...especially fitting that it ended with Shane, Ronnie and Vic's gun salute to Lem

That was a great touch - along with Vic setting up his new desk - putting out the pictures of his kids and then one of him with Lem.

Is it wrong that I was fighting back the tears?

(in reply to davie_rfc)
Post #: 70
RE: The Shield series 7 - UK speed - 21/5/2009 12:44:11 PM   
spark1

boxset info at http://www.dvdactive.com/news/releases/the-shield-the-complete-seventh-season.html

51 deleted scenes!

(in reply to emogeek)
Post #: 71
RE: The Shield series 7 - UK speed - 21/5/2009 2:49:40 PM   
jediwarrior

I shall be buying that to complete the set.

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 72
RE: The Shield - UK Speed - 6/6/2009 8:35:25 PM   
GameOverManGameOver

Have to agree with all the comments here....Best cop show ever!

Top finale with Vic all but an empty shell. Thought it was a great touch when you see him in his suit for the first time after 7 years of street clothes. Quite a small thing but the change made a great impact.

Not sure if others will agree here, but I thought it was a real shame that the storyline about Dutch morphing into a serial killer whilst chasing one, didn't continue.... remember when he strangled that cat in his garden? After that it was never mentioned again!

Top show overall, and as you say, is so far beating the Wire (BBC2 speed).

Long live The Strike Team!

"It's game over man, game over!!"

"Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit!" Clay Davis, The Wire. Greatest utterance of shit ever!

PSN ID :- gameovermangameo

(in reply to Gimli The Dwarf)
Post #: 73
RE: The Shield - UK Speed - 2/7/2009 6:07:37 AM   
Gimli The Dwarf

I finally got round to seeing season 7 earlier this week. I'd been waiting until I had the time to watch the entire show, and I ended up seeing all 7 years in 15 days. Watching them like that helped teremdenously, as the number of characters and incidents that reappear, I'd completely forgotten a lot of them.

I was fighting a losing battle when it came to holding back tears at the end. Partly because such a great show was finishing, but also because of the events I was watching. What happened to Shane and his family and then his letter saying he wish he's never met Vic, Ronnie's outburst when he realised Vic's betrayed him. Ronnie's always been a favourite haracterof mine. The silent 4th member of the strike team in the pilot, to the comedy geek in the first few years, to being, essentially, Vic's partner for the last 4 seasons, during which time his ruthessness fnally starts to show. I wanted him to get away scott free.

What about Vic himself. No friends left, stuck in probably his worst job imaginable and he won't be seeing his family. I wonder what his intentions are in that very final scene? And I know that this scenario was possibly the only outcome that was ever going to happen, and it works wonderfully, but it's not what I wanted. I still want the Strike Team to be kicking ass on a daily basis.

Great stuff as well for Acevada, and Dutch and Wyms in particular. These two have always been one of the greatest aspects of the show and their friendship really showed in the last few episodes.

Even if it didn't end how I would have liked, a great final season to warp up one of the best TV shows I've ever seen.

So, sir, we let him have it right up! And I have to report, sir, he did not like it, sir.

Fellow scientists, poindexters, geeks.

Yeah, Mr. White! Yeah, science!

Much more better!

(in reply to GameOverManGameOver)
Post #: 74
RE: The Shield - UK Speed - 2/7/2009 11:09:23 AM   
councilskivvy

Have heard mumblings of a film, not sure whether that is a smart choice, I did feel a little gutted that we never got the real face off between Shane & Vic season 7 teased us with.

But this was the best cop show around.

"I Lie, I Cheat, I Steal"

Eddie Guerrero 1967 - 2005
Stealing Life, Cheating Death
VIVA LA RAZA!!!

Post #: 75
RE: The Shield - UK Speed - 3/7/2009 6:34:43 AM   
Gimli The Dwarf

I liked the fact that, for the final 6 episodes or so, Vic and Shane don't share the screen. They'd completey split by that point, and the final phone call between them was just as devastating as any confrontation would have been.

There's a good spoilerific interview with creator Shawn Ryan here.

http://sepinwall.blogspot.com/2008/11/shield-shawn-ryan-post-finale-q.html

So, sir, we let him have it right up! And I have to report, sir, he did not like it, sir.

Much more better!

(in reply to councilskivvy)
Post #: 76
RE: The Shield - UK Speed - 3/7/2009 10:35:32 AM   
emogeek

Wahey - Gimmels has finally watched Season 7 - now I don't have to fret over dropping an accidental spoiler.

Said it was good though didn't I?  And you weren't the only one who "got something in their eye" at the end

Post #: 77
RE: The Shield series 6 - UK speed - 3/7/2009 12:43:26 PM   
spark1

any great deleted scenes in the dvd boxset?

Post #: 78
RE: The Shield - UK Speed - 4/7/2009 5:29:09 AM   
Gimli The Dwarf

quote:

ORIGINAL: emogeek

Wahey - Gimmels has finally watched Season 7 - now I don't have to fret over dropping an accidental spoiler.

Said it was good though didn't I?  And you weren't the only one who "got something in their eye" at the end

You were right! And something in my eye? I'll happily admit to weeping like a baby

I don't think Chiklis has ever been as good as in the last few episode. His confession to Murray, his reaction to Wyms asking him to swap seats and then the way he refuses to look at the pictures, that last scene in the office. It's also a crying shame that nobody besides Chiklis on the show ever won a major award.

Much more better!

(in reply to emogeek)
Post #: 79
RE: The Shield - UK Speed - 12/7/2009 5:54:11 PM   
Sutty

The shield was/is the greatest tv show ever aired. Forget 24. Forget The Wire. Forget NYPD Blue. Forget Homicide: Life on the Streets. The Shield was gripping from the opening episode to the final scene. Never have I been so wrapped up in a series whereby I could sit and watch episode after episode after episode after episode.

The cast was always exemplary. From the core regulars to it's support cast, to its guests such as Forrest Whittaker and Glenn Close. Chiklis and Goggins imparticular wowed me again and again. And the there was Kenny Johnson and Jay Karnes. Wow. Just wow...

The finale double episode was tragic. Shakespearian in its build and finish. And after 6/7 years of rooting for Mackey - most of the time - we are left in no doubt that he is a stone cold sociopath. Just look at how he folds Ronnie and Shane out of the group pic he now has on his desk, leaving only him and Lem. He seems to think that Shane and Ronnie somehow betrayed HIM or let HIM down! And by virtue of the fact that Lem died before he could get on Vics wrong side or get in his path, he believes Lem to be the only friend he has left he can look at. Yet you still want him on them streets. Where he belongs. I think it was the greatest trick of the show that they had you basically rooting for the devil all this time. There is no doubt that Vic changed even more in the final series, he was darker, meaner, more aggressive. Even in the ways he dealt with Danni and his family. Yet you root for him. The devil is a great seducer of the people. Maybe Vic was the Devil... metaphorically speaking.

I wonder what happened when Vic left his Office... Does he simply go back to his apartment? Does he go looking for his family? Does he hit the streets vigilante style? Does he go looking for Acevada? Or does he go the way of Shane? Vic created Shane in many ways. Maybe Shane, by taking his own life, inadvertantly leads Vic to a similar demise. The creator going the same way as his monster....

Great great show. I'm off to go through the whole ride again. Episode one, here I come... 

"Lord, make me your instrument of peace. Where there is hatred, let me bring love.
Where there is darkness, light."

"When you're pushed, killin's as easy as breathin'"

Post #: 80
RE: The Shield - UK Speed - 26/2/2010 8:22:49 PM   
petecriss8000

I disagree with you on the point of Vic not wanting to look at the picture of Shane and Ronnie. I thought it was implied that he couldn't bring himself to, because he had let them both down so harshly, so directly, in comparison with how Lem died being far less a fault of Vic's . If anything, an indication that he's NOT a sociopath, despite the final episode's painting of the devil a particularly sickly shade of red.

(in reply to Sutty)
Post #: 81
RE: The Shield series 6 - UK speed - 3/3/2010 1:28:06 PM   
spark1

missing 'the shield'? check out 'sons of anarchy' on 5USA Wed/ Tues.

'dutch' lives on as ATF agent.

Post #: 82
RE: The Shield series 6 - UK speed - 22/3/2010 4:38:50 PM   
UTB

quote:

ORIGINAL: spark1

missing 'the shield'? check out 'sons of anarchy' on 5USA Wed/ Tues.

'dutch' lives on as ATF agent.

I bought the first season over the weekend and watched the first couple of Eps of SOA, fucking brilliant so far.

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 83
RE: The Shield series 6 - UK speed - 7/3/2011 3:55:15 PM   
MrsG

I'm a bit late to the party on this one but having binged on the first season over the weekend I'm now an official convert to the awesome that is The Shield.

It's been sat on my shelf for months waiting to be watched but I never quite got round to it. Needless to say I feel appropriately ashamed.

And I think it's fair to say my social life for the next few weeks has just been terminated.

Movie-Con / Big Screen Diamond Footage and Panels
Forumite Twitter Names

(in reply to UTB)
Post #: 84
RE: The Shield series 6 - UK speed - 11/3/2011 3:58:20 PM   
film man aidy

I wish that I was just starting out with this superb series. It gets better and better with each season. Everyone that I've recommended this to have devoured all 7 seasons in a matter of months. Very compulsive viewing, but be warned MRSG, when the credits roll on the final episode, you'll get massive withdrawl symptoms...

(in reply to MrsG)
Post #: 85
RE: The Shield series 6 - UK speed - 14/3/2011 6:01:51 PM   
MrsG

Months? Are you kidding? I've been going for about ten days and I'm well over halfway; I can't put it down.

I figure when I'm done I'll just go back to the start and listen to all the commentaries.

Movie-Con / Big Screen Diamond Footage and Panels
Forumite Twitter Names

(in reply to film man aidy)
Post #: 86
RE: The Shield series 6 - UK speed - 15/7/2011 1:27:31 AM   
Saltire

Oh man you guys got me in the mood of watching this again - another one of my top five tv series ever - just simply superb...

(in reply to MrsG)
Post #: 87
RE: The Shield series 6 - UK speed - 7/10/2011 4:31:33 PM   
Sutty

Anyone else still wishing this was on tv? Wish I could discover this brand new all over again.

"Lord, make me your instrument of peace. Where there is hatred, let me bring love.
Where there is darkness, light."

"When you're pushed, killin's as easy as breathin'"

(in reply to Saltire)
Post #: 88
RE: The Shield series 6 - UK speed - 9/10/2011 8:14:40 PM   
Chojin

Just started this myself - loved the first episode, I think i'm in for a treat

http://chojin.devour.org - Mixes, Contact, Etc
XBL/PSN - Chojin22000

(in reply to Sutty)
Post #: 89
RE: The Shield series 6 - UK speed - 10/10/2011 11:18:56 AM   
spark1

missing that 'shield' vibe? try 'southland' this thursday on more4.

Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: The Shield series 6 - UK speed Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI