Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Cloverfield - The Best Kept Secret In Hollywood?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: Cloverfield - The Best Kept Secret In Hollywood? Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 4 [5]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Cloverfield - The Best Kept Secret In Hollywood? - 27/7/2007 2:55:18 PM   
holty23

Here's a link to a downloadable and HQ version of the poster:

http://www.comingsoon.net/imageGallery/imageGallery.php?large_image=hr_1-18-08_1.jpg&id=21621

< Message edited by holty23 -- 27/7/2007 3:01:14 PM >

'Do you know what the chain of command is here? It's the chain I go get and beat you with until you understand who's in friggin' charge here.'

(in reply to Mr Grady)
Post #: 121
RE: Cloverfield - The Best Kept Secret In Hollywood? - 28/7/2007 6:58:28 AM   
frohman

Just to keep things rolling, there's a fifth picture on http://www.1-18-08.com. Oh and notice anything else about the pictures? Try moving them vigorously. I won't say how, but you should be able to find enough clues to find the characters' Myspace pages. 

Also www.slusho.jp is apparently an official site too.

(in reply to holty23)
Post #: 122
RE: Cloverfield - The Best Kept Secret In Hollywood? - 28/7/2007 1:22:29 PM   
bobatim

Hey any body else seen these sites?
They don't say much, 1st one says the traveller is coming, 2nd one says be patient
Also the Url changes to http://www.beschutzen.com which is apparently german for protect.
Is it related, what you guys think?
http://www.1182008.com
http://www.1182008.c0m/index2

Is he died?

www.penultimateuniverse.blogspot.com

(in reply to frohman)
Post #: 123
RE: Cloverfield - The Best Kept Secret In Hollywood? - 28/7/2007 1:41:24 PM   
Cabal aka Boone

quote:

ORIGINAL: frohman

Just to keep things rolling, there's a fifth picture on http://www.1-18-08.com. Oh and notice anything else about the pictures? Try moving them vigorously. I won't say how, but you should be able to find enough clues to find the characters' Myspace pages. 

This guy is listing the myspace pages anyway...
http://projectcloverfield.com/

A quote from an ad guy who worked on this campaign...

“No movie has ever been made like this. The six months leading up to the movie are as important, if not more important, and the movie wraps everything up!”

So, with 6 months to go before the release, we are being given backstory, photos of friends obviously enjoying life, so by the time the film gets out there, we are meant to truly care (or not care) for these people!
With six months to go, is Rob already planning his move to Japan?
Does he know something the others dont?

This is gonna get weird over the next few months I reckon! I like it!

< Message edited by Cabal aka Boone -- 28/7/2007 1:55:49 PM >

http://twitter.com/SteveKuma

Stan Winston - April 7, 1946 – June 15, 2008

(in reply to frohman)
Post #: 124
RE: Cloverfield - The Best Kept Secret In Hollywood? - 28/7/2007 2:56:43 PM   
TomTron

http://www.worstpreviews.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2053

turns out the "Monstrous" thing was just like a tagline. And it's rumourd on Ain't It Cool  that the film could eventually end up being called "Colossus".

(in reply to Cabal aka Boone)
Post #: 125
RE: Cloverfield - The Best Kept Secret In Hollywood? - 1/8/2007 10:25:42 AM   
Timon

The poster is now around with FURIOUS on it. Some interesting 'holocaust' set pics as well....

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/33520

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to TomTron)
Post #: 126
RE: Cloverfield - The Best Kept Secret In Hollywood? - 1/8/2007 11:07:17 AM   
Sutty

Is furious another possible bogus title? Or something else?...

My feeling is it is a remake of The Host.

"Lord, make me your instrument of peace. Where there is hatred, let me bring love.
Where there is darkness, light."

"When you're pushed, killin's as easy as breathin'"

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 127
RE: Cloverfield - The Best Kept Secret In Hollywood? - 1/8/2007 12:17:41 PM   
Beno

I think its all an ad campaign just to launch Jade Goody in America ..... but then i also called Flatulent Bob a decent bloke !!

< Message edited by Beno -- 1/8/2007 12:18:16 PM >

"The one about the space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedalbin. His Father's a robot and he's fucking fucked his Sister. Lego ... They're all made of fucking Lego!!"

(in reply to Sutty)
Post #: 128
RE: Cloverfield - The Best Kept Secret In Hollywood? - 1/8/2007 6:02:26 PM   
Recoil

I always assumed the 'Monstorous', 'Furious', etc on the posters were just tag lines, either about the monster or the panic it creates. Universal have picked up the rights to The Host remake, but I dunno what studio is associated with Cloverfield, so I guess its still a possibility.

In my opinion, its something new, and the closest thing in my mind is cthulhu - although I dont know where that rumour first originated from, so again, we're gonna have to wait...

'Hey, man, is this 911? I'm dang ol' here at mega lo mart, it's gone boom, man, theres a fire there and dadgum blowed everywhere, man. I dont know, some man run out of there. I dont know if Chuck Mangione gonna be coming down here...'

'Throw one at me if you want, hash head. I've got all five senses and I slept last night. That puts me six up on the lot of you.'

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 129
RE: Cloverfield - The Best Kept Secret In Hollywood? - 21/8/2007 11:28:40 AM   
Timon

All your theories about what 'the monster' may be a tad over the top according to this report from some industry insider.

"It's not Godzilla or Voltron (duh) or even Cthulu; anyone expecting there to be some sort of elaborately detailed backstory may be in for a disappointment.

Expect an old-fashioned monster movie retold in a very modern Blair Witch sort of way - but with a twist. You see that giant monster that emerges from the ocean to begin laying waste to New York City ... it didn't come alone.

Much of the movie will revolve around the characters fleeing for their lives, not from the big one stomping the city, but from the "raptor-like" smaller versions hunting them down.

Word from the start has been that this would not be a mega-budget movie and the digital effects work needed for a giant monster trashing New York City would no doubt cost a heck of a lot more than street level action of people being chased by smaller monsters."

Also, I doubt this is Godzilla: Redux or something. Perhaps a modern homage to IT CAME FROM BENEATH THE SEA or something like that?

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to Recoil)
Post #: 130
RE: Cloverfield - The Best Kept Secret In Hollywood? - 21/8/2007 11:42:56 AM   
Monkeyshaver

quote:

Expect an old-fashioned monster movie retold in a very modern Blair Witch sort of way - but with a twist. You see that giant monster that emerges from the ocean to begin laying waste to New York City ... it didn't come alone.

Much of the movie will revolve around the characters fleeing for their lives, not from the big one stomping the city, but from the "raptor-like" smaller versions hunting them down.
Sounds more like a cop out than a twist. & just like the awful Godzilla we’re gonna get a rehash of the raptor attacks so expertly done in the Jurassic Park movies. Will the big monster be hiding again?!?

Monkeyshaver is currently watching Doctor Who on the office TV.

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 131
RE: Cloverfield - The Best Kept Secret In Hollywood? - 21/8/2007 12:07:00 PM   
matthewforan

I saw the trailer the other day and it looks fantastic it's the first time in ages i've been blown away by a trailer.

"The Irish have always been victims of negative stereotyping. I mean people think we're all drunks and brawlers. And sometimes that gets you so mad all you wanna do is get drunk and punch somebody"

Clear Eyes Full Hearts Can't Lose

Punchdrunk RIP

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 132
RE: Cloverfield - The Best Kept Secret In Hollywood? - 21/8/2007 7:45:46 PM   
will1000

Hey sounds cool., there hasn't been a decent monster movie since Godzilla (that's right I enjoyed it!).  I will admit I get a cold chill of excitement everytime I see the trailor!

(in reply to matthewforan)
Post #: 133
RE: Cloverfield - The Best Kept Secret In Hollywood? - 21/8/2007 11:24:01 PM   
Rumble Jack

I must say it's a brilliant idea of an event movie (although it's not really an event movie because it's not been advertised everywhere and anywhere).

I think even if the film is shite the lead up and hype will be well worth it. The website etc. is quite genious; a lot of people just believe that the company can't be arsed.

It's very, very interesting to do something like this. And I can't wait to see what happens... in general.

Who needs love when you're doing it up the bum?

(in reply to will1000)
Post #: 134
RE: Cloverfield - The Best Kept Secret In Hollywood? - 21/8/2007 11:59:25 PM   
Shifty Bench

quote:

ORIGINAL: Recoil

I always assumed the 'Monstorous', 'Furious', etc on the posters were just tag lines, either about the monster or the panic it creates. Universal have picked up the rights to The Host remake, but I dunno what studio is associated with Cloverfield, so I guess its still a possibility.

Paramount, it's not a remake of  The Host

Extended Edition Podcast- Episode 46:Threads Of Destiny (Star Wars Fan Film)

(in reply to Recoil)
Post #: 135
RE: Cloverfield - The Best Kept Secret In Hollywood? - 23/8/2007 10:14:12 PM   
Recoil

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shifty Bench

quote:

ORIGINAL: Recoil

Paramount, it's not a remake of  The Host

Ah, good. That film was decent, I'm not up for a Host remake.

One of the funniest rumours I heard about this was a group who are swearing blind the monster is a giant lion because the misheard 'It's alive!' in the teaser.

< Message edited by Recoil -- 23/8/2007 10:16:41 PM >

'Hey, man, is this 911? I'm dang ol' here at mega lo mart, it's gone boom, man, theres a fire there and dadgum blowed everywhere, man. I dont know, some man run out of there. I dont know if Chuck Mangione gonna be coming down here...'

'Throw one at me if you want, hash head. I've got all five senses and I slept last night. That puts me six up on the lot of you.'

(in reply to Shifty Bench)
Post #: 136
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 4 [5]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: Cloverfield - The Best Kept Secret In Hollywood? Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 4 [5]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI