Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Last man standing (BBC 3)

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> Last man standing (BBC 3) Page: [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Last man standing (BBC 3) - 27/6/2007 8:20:23 PM   
BobaJango

Did anyone catch the first episode of this series on BBC 3 last night? Great concept for a show.
For those of you who don't know it's a series following a group of guys from different backgrounds and professions as they travel the world engaging with little known about, violent tribes in their own unique forms of combat. Very brutal yet interesting stuff!

"Don't worry. Won't insult legendary underworld solidarity by suggesting you surrender name without torture". - Rorschach (Watchmen).
Post #: 1
RE: Last man standing (BBC 3) - 28/6/2007 1:56:51 AM   
chrismart83

OUCH...the part with the parana teeth, salt and chile powder.

''You'll Never Walk Alone''

(in reply to BobaJango)
Post #: 2
RE: Last man standing (BBC 3) - 28/6/2007 8:46:59 PM   
BobaJango

That bit was just insane (kudos for not crying out though).
Next week's ep looks even more brutal!

"Don't worry. Won't insult legendary underworld solidarity by suggesting you surrender name without torture". - Rorschach (Watchmen).

(in reply to chrismart83)
Post #: 3
RE: Last Man Standing - 1/8/2007 9:41:07 AM   
Timon

This is a fucking awesome series. Love it. Hamster Hammond's commentary mixed with physical batterings is priceless.

So far, I reckon Rajko might nail it but the man keeps hurting himself. Broken ribs, axe in foot - physical perfection my arse! Loved his 'Rocky' moment last night though.

Felt bad for Richard as if there was one sport he had a chance of winning, it would be this but his runners let him down.

Hope Mark gets another win. He seems like a top bloke. Jason seems like a laugh. He was really getting into the dancing even though he was high on beetlenut.

This is something I'd love to do. Travel the world doing experience tribal contests. Unfortunately I don't think I could hack the endurance tests like the mountain running.

Next weeks looks brutal. Those guys are huge!

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to BobaJango)
Post #: 4
RE: Last Man Standing - 8/8/2007 9:41:10 AM   
Timon

Anyone see this last night? Those guys were HUGE! Good to see Richard get a win though.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 5
RE: Last Man Standing - 8/8/2007 9:56:16 AM   
beebs_

I got into this a bit late... but I'm loving it. I started watching it properly when they were in Mongolia wrestling. Someone gets broken in some way every ep don't they?

Anyway, Rajko is a bit of hero isn't he. Mmmm.

Glad Richard got a win. And in a fighting sport too?! Good for him!

Let the Madness Continue!!!!!
"Paramasturbatory"?
First of all: shut the fuck up, Lois. Smallville recap TWoP

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 6
RE: Last Man Standing - 8/8/2007 10:38:31 AM   
Timon

I love how Rajko is meant to be a symbol of physical perfection yet he keeps hurting himself! I hope Mark gets another win, he seems like a solid all rounder. Corey should do well next week though....but then I thought that about the endurance running.

I'm amused that they're all on Facebook.

I'd love to do something like this but after going for a run last night, my fitness would need some serious work.

(in reply to beebs_)
Post #: 7
RE: Last Man Standing - 8/8/2007 11:03:51 AM   
beebs_

Rajko seems to crock himself every week. Poor bastard! But I don't think he'd do well against those massive dudes this week! They were solid!

Facebook! ::runs off to see::

I just hope they bring this back for another season.

"Paramasturbatory"?

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 8
RE: Last Man Standing - 8/8/2007 11:25:56 AM   
Timon

It will be back for another season. You can apply now. Some of us in the office were considering it but we're either too old, too lazy or too unfit.

(in reply to beebs_)
Post #: 9
RE: Last Man Standing - 8/8/2007 11:32:34 AM   
the anomaly

Just caught last nights episode.
Its a good show very interesting.
I could never do it though.
I could not cope with the living conditions and then do those tasks.

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 10
RE: Last Man Standing - 8/8/2007 11:38:47 AM   
beebs_

Yay! It'll be back!

How long do you think it takes them to film it? They get injured, go away for a month then off to another far flung place? Also is it show on something like the discovery channel in the US?

You have to be a hard bastard to do the show. I don't know how that guy from Alaska got in! He's hardly up for any violence!

"Paramasturbatory"?

(in reply to the anomaly)
Post #: 11
RE: Last Man Standing - 11/8/2007 8:54:13 PM   
Mason Verger

I used to go to Rajko's fitness class a couple of years ago!

Mind like parachute - only function when open.

Be excellent to each other.

(in reply to beebs_)
Post #: 12
RE: Last Man Standing - 11/8/2007 9:46:57 PM   
BobaJango

Rajko has a myspace music page as well - http://www.myspace.com/rajkomusic

I hope he wins. He seems like an all rounder and i'd prefer him to Brad. Brad's "i get things done" attitude is starting to annoy me. Especially seeing as he has said that on several occasions and failed.

(in reply to Mason Verger)
Post #: 13
RE: Last Man Standing - 12/8/2007 12:31:03 AM   
beebs_

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mason Verger

I used to go to Rajko's fitness class a couple of years ago!

Mmmmmmm! Rajko!

"Paramasturbatory"?

(in reply to Mason Verger)
Post #: 14
RE: Last Man Standing - 13/8/2007 10:57:38 AM   
KennyM

I liked the American guy (jason I think?) who had a bit of a rivalry with Raijko and really just wanted to fight all the time , and the wee cricket player from the posh school was a laugh. Kudos to him for not giving up.

It was a good show, pretty surprising. I didnt start watching it till halfway through, so i hope they bring it back for another season. in all likelihood it will be repeated on BBC 2 in a wee while though.

(in reply to beebs_)
Post #: 15
RE: Last Man Standing - 13/8/2007 12:30:54 PM   
Jim

Hold on, when is it first aired? I've been watching it on Sundays, so last night's episode for me was Richard winning the Senegalese wrestling. Is the next episode, a boat race, the last one? And all you smarter people who can read a TV guide properly have already seen it?

Hm. Anyway, I really enjoyed this show. I was a little disappointed by how well Brad's been able to do just because he's so fucking strong. I prefer Jason, Rajko and Mark because they seem more like all-rounders - even if either Mark or Rajko seem to injure themselves in every episode. Also Richard and Corey have been screwed in most events because they're so small (so I was really pleased for Richard to have won one), which I find a little boring - there should be more events punishing you for being massive.

"Oh shit, swamp leeches! Everybody! Check for swamp leeches and pull them off! ...nobody else got hit? I'm the only one? What's the deal?"

(in reply to KennyM)
Post #: 16
RE: Last Man Standing - 13/8/2007 1:30:56 PM   
Marky_Mark

quote:

ORIGINAL: KennyM

The wee cricket player from the posh school was a laugh. Kudos to him for not giving up.

Lol - especially when Rajko (having lopped half his toe off earlier that day) proceded to limp onto the pitch and whoop him at the criket challenge...that's gotta be bad for anyone's ego!

Corey - what is he even doing there??!?

Really enjoyed this show- looking forward to the next series.

< Message edited by Marky_Mark -- 13/8/2007 1:32:01 PM >

Ramblings of a musician, telly addict, and tech-head...

www.twitter.com/MarkSaysThis

XBOX Live Gamertag: Roost N Roll

(in reply to KennyM)
Post #: 17
RE: Last Man Standing - 13/8/2007 5:24:31 PM   
KennyM

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jim

Hold on, when is it first aired? I've been watching it on Sundays, so last night's episode for me was Richard winning the Senegalese wrestling. Is the next episode, a boat race, the last one? And all you smarter people who can read a TV guide properly have already seen it?

Hm. Anyway, I really enjoyed this show. I was a little disappointed by how well Brad's been able to do just because he's so fucking strong. I prefer Jason, Rajko and Mark because they seem more like all-rounders - even if either Mark or Rajko seem to injure themselves in every episode. Also Richard and Corey have been screwed in most events because they're so small (so I was really pleased for Richard to have won one), which I find a little boring - there should be more events punishing you for being massive.

The next episodes the last one.

(in reply to Jim)
Post #: 18
RE: Last Man Standing - 13/8/2007 9:05:53 PM   
BobaJango

Can i just point out that there is no way that Brad should be joint lead (i'm speaking ofcourse having not yet watched tommorow's final ep).
Cast your mind back to Mongolia and you'll remember that the only reason Brad won that ep was because his first opponent was about twelve!
Hardly worth going up against a 240lbs man was it? On the other hand Rajko's successes included huge endurance (the running ep) and great skill (the cricket ep).

< Message edited by BobaJango -- 13/8/2007 9:07:00 PM >

(in reply to KennyM)
Post #: 19
RE: Last Man Standing - 13/8/2007 9:15:28 PM   
Jim

That's exactly what I mean! Brad has gotten so far purely because he's an absolute monster. I remember that event, Boba, he was probably literally 3 times the size of his opponent.

Rajko or Jason all the way.

"Oh shit, swamp leeches! Everybody! Check for swamp leeches and pull them off! ...nobody else got hit? I'm the only one? What's the deal?"

(in reply to BobaJango)
Post #: 20
RE: Last Man Standing - 13/8/2007 9:19:45 PM   
BobaJango

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jim

That's exactly what I mean! Brad has gotten so far purely because he's an absolute monster. I remember that event, Boba, he was probably literally 3 times the size of his opponent.

Rajko or Jason all the way.

Perhaps i'm thinking too much into this, but i was actually wandering if the makers of the show might have had something do with it.
Think about it, all the other contestants (including favourite Mark) were out by that point i believe. If Brad got out as well then it would have meant that nobody would have won and the whole ep would have had no conclusion.

Either that or maybe those Mongolians really didn't like that little kid!

< Message edited by BobaJango -- 13/8/2007 9:20:30 PM >

(in reply to Jim)
Post #: 21
RE: Last Man Standing - 14/8/2007 12:30:41 PM   
the anomaly

Any chance of repeats?
I only caught this once and do not even remember when it was on...

(in reply to BobaJango)
Post #: 22
RE: Last Man Standing - 14/8/2007 10:01:00 PM   
Jim

Oh for fuck's sake - I was just about to post on here to tell you that it's repeated Sundays on BBC3 at 8pm, then make a crack about how I've been watching those as I keep missing it on Tuesdays on BBC3 at 9pm, but not this week! Then realised that I have, in fact, just missed the last ep.

(in reply to the anomaly)
Post #: 23
RE: Last Man Standing - 14/8/2007 10:04:48 PM   
beebs_

Jason? Well props to him for winning the last race, but the vote? Hmmm. I guess he deserves it.

Poor ol' (yet a bit cocky) Rajko. Mmmm. He's hot.

Corey man! WTF!? It's a shame you didn't get any points on the board.

"Paramasturbatory"?

(in reply to Jim)
Post #: 24
RE: Last Man Standing - 14/8/2007 10:09:22 PM   
BobaJango

Rajko was extremely arrogant in that episode. What the hell was all that crap with going back to "help" Brad by crashing into him. Patronising much?
Jason deserved that one!

(in reply to beebs_)
Post #: 25
RE: Last Man Standing - 14/8/2007 10:32:08 PM   
beebs_

Rajko was cocky. But I think he was the best all round athlete. I get why they chose Jason though.

"Paramasturbatory"?

(in reply to BobaJango)
Post #: 26
RE: Last Man Standing - 16/8/2007 12:56:24 AM   
welshleon

Wasn's sure I'd stick with this but I'm so glad I did.

Rajko really started to get up my nose towards the end and really deserved to lose in the canoeing after patronisingly trying to help Brad. Plus the long distance running event he won earlier in the series was a sham since the tribe ended the race prematurely, ending any chance that Jason and Mark had of catching Raiko, who was was in serious trouble with his foot.
I have to add that my missus fancying Raiko something rotten didn't endear me to him either... Cocky, up his own arse, jumped up Christian egotist. Bah!
Well done Jason for actually being voted the winner - he was consistently the best contestant over the whole series, and the most fun to watch.
Well done little Richard for making up for losing at the cricket to a pseudo intellectual cripple (I hate you Raiko) by winning the wrestling.
And as for Corey - as my better half so accurately stated in her best Noel Coward summing up of his efforts -  "he's such a big gay-uh!"

"Those aren't pillows!"

"I know kung fu"

"Stop pointing that gun at my dad!"

(in reply to beebs_)
Post #: 27
RE: Last Man Standing - 16/8/2007 2:33:24 PM   
Timon

Jason deserved to win. His 'breakdown' upon finishing the race was suprisingly moving. Great stuff.

Can't wait for a second series.

Corey was a bit wet wasn't he? Meant to be an endurance athlete and there he is moaning about heat stroke. Fairy.

(in reply to welshleon)
Post #: 28
RE: Last Man Standing - 21/8/2007 4:34:10 PM   
BigKovacs

quote:

ORIGINAL: welshleon

Wasn's sure I'd stick with this but I'm so glad I did.

Rajko really started to get up my nose towards the end and really deserved to lose in the canoeing after patronisingly trying to help Brad. Plus the long distance running event he won earlier in the series was a sham since the tribe ended the race prematurely, ending any chance that Jason and Mark had of catching Raiko, who was was in serious trouble with his foot.
I have to add that my missus fancying Raiko something rotten didn't endear me to him either... Cocky, up his own arse, jumped up Christian egotist. Bah!
Well done Jason for actually being voted the winner - he was consistently the best contestant over the whole series, and the most fun to watch.
Well done little Richard for making up for losing at the cricket to a pseudo intellectual cripple (I hate you Raiko) by winning the wrestling.
And as for Corey - as my better half so accurately stated in her best Noel Coward summing up of his efforts -  "he's such a big gay-uh!"

Christian my arse, hed knob anyones missus'es at the drop of a hat, I know his kind only too well. My missus fancied him as well and he may hold the world record in lifting 20k weights in a funny manner but I bet he cant eat 5 cheeseburgers and drink a bottle of Jack in one sitting, like me, a real man.

Anyway, it was a cool series and I hope there is a season two, Jason did deserve to win too.

Gamertag: Cambo1979.

(in reply to welshleon)
Post #: 29
RE: Last Man Standing - 21/8/2007 7:53:19 PM   
BobaJango

There is definately going to be a second series. There's adverts posted in the gym i go to looking for participants for the second series!

(in reply to BigKovacs)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> Last man standing (BBC 3) Page: [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI