Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: The Beatles Rock Band Value Edition

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: The Beatles Rock Band Value Edition Page: <<   < prev  6 7 8 [9] 10   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The Beatles Rock Band Value Edition - 31/12/2009 11:18:56 PM   
Chojin

I've been playing RB2 a lot this week, and felt confident enough to return to GH3 on Medium.

The shift in difficulty is HUGE. There's a lot more emphasis on speed with GH whereas RB focuses more on tricky dual note transitions.

RB2 has been the first rock music game i've really enjoyed.....dress up mode might have something to do with it though.

http://chojin.devour.org - Mixes, Contact, Etc
XBL/PSN - Chojin22000

(in reply to HIM)
Post #: 241
RE: The Beatles Rock Band Value Edition - 1/2/2010 2:07:52 PM   
Super Hans

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chojin

I've been playing RB2 a lot this week, and felt confident enough to return to GH3 on Medium.

The shift in difficulty is HUGE. There's a lot more emphasis on speed with GH whereas RB focuses more on tricky dual note transitions.

RB2 has been the first rock music game i've really enjoyed.....dress up mode might have something to do with it though.

I'm glad I'm not the only one for whom GH3 is that difficult. I completed it on Easy but I do find it bastard hard on medium. It partly doesn't help that it took some getting used to playing a 4th fret but I found it so hard.

Beatles Rock Band on the other hand (which I got for my birthday and love to bits!) is much more satisfying to play. I started off playing it on Easy but after the first chapter realised it is much more approachable and that easy really is too easy. I'm on chapter 5 at the moment and playing on medium, I've already managed to get 5 stars on at least a couple of tracks. I know the game is generally meant to be easier than GH but I feel great being able to actually progress using more than 3 buttons!

Is it me or are the Rock Band guitars easier to use? I don't know if it's because the buttons are bigger and immediately next to each other or something.

Having said how well I am doing with the game, I must admit I've not properly attempted it with the drums yet. That could be where I bring myself down!!

"Its staring at you in the face Mark, there's only one more sex to try..."

(in reply to Chojin)
Post #: 242
RE: The Beatles Rock Band Value Edition - 4/2/2010 12:58:40 PM   
Sleazy

I much prefer the Rock band Guitar. I got the Beatles value pack for £59 and didnt really need another guitar but after trying it I like it. The Beatles game is very well done, pity I'm not to fussed about the band so I bought Rock band 1. The online store seems much better too although nothing beats the awesomeness that is Stan Bush's "The Touch" on the Guitar hero store.

Gamertag: Sleazycome

PSN ID: Sleazytoon

(in reply to Super Hans)
Post #: 243
RE: The Beatles Rock Band Value Edition - 6/2/2010 3:11:20 PM   
steelydan3

Anybody ever transferred the songs from Rock Band 1 and/or Lego Rock Band to Rock Band 2, and traded in the games? Will I get less for trading in the game if I use the single use code to transfer the songs over?

"I've had a bellyful of you and your cheap heroics"

"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell!"

"The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success"

(in reply to Sleazy)
Post #: 244
RE: The Beatles Rock Band Value Edition - 28/5/2010 11:33:05 AM   
HIM

Rock Band 3 to support keytars:

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2010/05/exclusive-rock-band-3-brings-keytar-new-pro-mode.ars

(in reply to steelydan3)
Post #: 245
RE: The Beatles Rock Band Value Edition - 10/6/2010 2:24:31 PM   
DJ Satan

http://www.x360a.com/news/news-5375-Rock-Band-3-Details-Unleashed.html

Video here featuring the keyboard.

Rock Band has been doing drums, guitar, bass and vocals since 2007, but Rock Band 3 is bringing keyboards to the party, unlocking a whole host of rock tracks that involve tickling the ivories."With the introduction of keyboards, we get to bring a ton of amazing new music onto the platform, which will help feed the appetite for music for years to come," said Harmonix CEO, Alex Rigopulos.Not only will you be getting 83 new tracks on Rock Band 3's game disc when it ships, but you'll still be able to port across all of the music you've already purchased for the previous games too, which is good news. The Doors' "Break On Through" and Queen's  "Bohemian Rhapsody" head up the new keyboard offensive for Rock Band 3, and in the trailer below, Harmonix unveil the 25 key MIDI keyboard, which can even be connected to a computer. "This is a real instrument and a real device," states senior designer Sylvain Dubrofsky.Harmonix also plans to release new guitar peripherals (sold separately) to coincide with the release of Rock Band 3, tailored with the game's new Pro Mode in mind. A fully-functioning Fender axe is on the cards, designed to enable players to segue from playing the game to having a go at handling the real thing.There's more details in the trailer, originally posted on USA Today and we've got the first list of confirmed tracks, categorised by decade: 2000s
  • Combat Baby -- Metric
  • Dead End Friends -- Them Crooked Vultures
  • Get Free -- The Vines
  • Lasso -- Phoenix
  • Me Enamora -- Juanes
  • Oh My God -- Ida Maria
  • Portions of Foxes -- Rilo Kiley
  • The Hardest Button to Button -- The White Stripes
1990s
  • Been Caught Stealing -- Jane's Addiction
  • In the Meantime -- Spacehog
  • Plush -- Stone Temple Pilots
  • Walkin' on the Sun -- Smash Mouth
1980s
  • Crazy Train -- Ozzy Osbourne
  • Here I Go Again -- Whitesnake
  • I Love Rock and Roll -- Joan Jett
  • Just Like Heaven -- The Cure
  • Rainbow in the Dark -- Dio
  • The Power of Love -- Huey Lewis and the News
  • Sister Christian -- Night Ranger
1960s-1970s
  • Bohemian Rhapsody -- Queen
  • Break On Through -- The Doors
  • Crosstown Traffic -- Jimi Hendrix

Don't try to tell me that some power can corrupt a person
You hadn't had enough to know what it's like
You're only angry cause you wish you were in my position
Now nod your head cause you know that I'm right..alright!

(in reply to HIM)
Post #: 246
RE: The Beatles Rock Band Value Edition - 15/6/2010 12:26:42 AM   
Sexual Harassment Panda

Got to say I'm really enjoying Rock Band: Green Day. Best music game I've played simply because of the pure amount of songs I know and like. Also a good ,ix of easy and difficult songs.

Ole Gunnar Solskj�r - 1996-2007

Member of the MW2 Star 69 Club
Member of the CoD4 Mile High Club

(in reply to DJ Satan)
Post #: 247
RE: The Beatles Rock Band Value Edition - 15/6/2010 9:07:52 AM   
HIM

Are you not a Beatles fan?

(in reply to Sexual Harassment Panda)
Post #: 248
RE: The Beatles Rock Band Value Edition - 16/6/2010 6:31:02 PM   
DJ Satan

Arrggghh!

Playing Lego Rock Band and going for the 1000 stars achievement. Up to 985 stars so I go for a mystery 3 song set to finish.

First up is Song 2. Nice, short and easy.
Second song is The Final Countdown. Slightly appropriate.

Up to 995 stars. Just 5 more needed.

Third song is Go With The Flow by Queen of the Stone Age.
One of the few songs I cant five star. I end up with 999 stars and have to play all three songs again.

First up is High Hopes and Green Grass. I think it's taking the piss.

(in reply to HIM)
Post #: 249
RE: The Beatles Rock Band Value Edition - 16/6/2010 8:04:01 PM   
Sexual Harassment Panda

What difficulty do you have to play it on to 5 star it?

(in reply to DJ Satan)
Post #: 250
RE: The Beatles Rock Band Value Edition - 16/6/2010 8:08:05 PM   
DJ Satan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sexual Harassment Panda

What difficulty do you have to play it on to 5 star it?

Just medium.

I find I don't enjoy it as much on Hard. I normally hit 99-100% of most songs.

Only 168 more songs before the next achievement.

Post #: 251
RE: The Beatles Rock Band Value Edition - 16/6/2010 8:27:32 PM   
Sexual Harassment Panda

I managed to get 88% on an expert song on Green Day earlier, first time I've even finished a song on anything higher than medium also. There was an achievement for getting 3 stars or more on Expert, I was very few points away from 5, I was quite chuffed

(in reply to DJ Satan)
Post #: 252
RE: The Beatles Rock Band Value Edition - 16/6/2010 8:32:27 PM   
DJ Satan

quote:

I managed to get 88% on an expert song on Green Day earlier, first time I've even finished a song on anything higher than medium also. There was an achievement for getting 3 stars or more on Expert, I was very few points away from 5, I was quite chuffed

I can complete some things on Hard but I don't like the speed increase that goes with the extra buttons and more chords. I find my hand starts hurting a lot quicker (and can't do fast at all now).

I was hoping for a Medium+ difficulty in RB3 but it looks like they've gone and put in yet another Expert ++ mode.

Post #: 253
RE: The Beatles Rock Band Value Edition - 6/8/2010 6:03:50 PM   
DJ Satan

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/08/06/rock-band-weekly-ministry/

August 10th cannot come soon enough!

Am I the only one who still plays this?

(in reply to DJ Satan)
Post #: 254
RE: The Beatles Rock Band Value Edition - 7/8/2010 9:41:56 AM   
Sleazy

not at all mate, I love Rock Band. I regularly play it with my friends in full band mode.

Am finally making an effort to get through career on RB2 and unlock all the songs.

Am getting quite a little song collection too after transferring RB1, Song Pack 2 and acdc to my HDD. Also have bought plenty of tracks and couldnt resist Pearl Jams 10 album when it was half price.

I have quite a few of the GH games but just cant get on with them as well, the DLC isnt as good either.

Gamertag: Sleazycome

PSN ID: Sleazytoon

(in reply to DJ Satan)
Post #: 255
RE: The Beatles Rock Band Value Edition - 7/8/2010 10:14:19 AM   
the anomaly

Ugh my copy is gathering dust.
  • I don't have as much time to game ... so when I do I want to play a proper game ...
  • No one else seem's to have much time either ... and it's hard to get a group together.
  • Finally playing on normal or whatever is easy. Yet making the leap upwards ... is ok on some tracks and other's it's just horrible. Considering I don't get to play it much it seems pointless to spend hours getting good at the game.
  • Though I imagine once your great at them ... the skills pretty much transfer across to all the games and you've just got to get used to a few tunes.
  • It's great fun in a group though ... I got it quite cheap (1&2) so yeah it's great fun when you've got the time. Though I'm glad the new games or something are trying to introduce learning how to play real instruments too. That's a great idea.
  • I don't know why I bullet pointed this now.

(in reply to Sleazy)
Post #: 256
RE: The Beatles Rock Band Value Edition - 28/8/2010 6:47:36 PM   
Stuntgoat

Been playing Green Day Rockband and actually managed to gold star a couple of songs!  Did the vocals and wasn't as hard as some standard Rock Band tracks. Can only do the guitar on easy!  Had to exchange my PS3 again recently through continuous play and despite doing a backup to an external hardrive, when I reloaded it all back onto the new PS3 the Rock Band 2 data didn't come back!!  Wouldn't have minded if I hadn't done a load of the challenges already and was half way through a few!  It's ridiculous that you can't save your game data!

We're gonna need a bigger boat!
PSN: Stuntgoat

(in reply to the anomaly)
Post #: 257
RE: The Beatles Rock Band Value Edition - 19/10/2010 1:25:49 PM   
DJ Satan

Looks like I just accidentally ordered Rock Band 3 with keytar. It'll be worth it just to pick up all the free Doors tracks and the Doors pack cheaply.

(in reply to Stuntgoat)
Post #: 258
RE: Rock Band - wot, no thread? - 19/10/2010 3:08:49 PM   
gingerdaniel

Just ordered Lego Rock Band for £13 off play.com

My girlfriend likes bright colours, so i should be able to rope her into playing a game that isn't Lips!

Do you run? Check THIS out

(in reply to Fuzzbap)
Post #: 259
RE: The Beatles Rock Band Value Edition - 20/10/2010 2:15:03 PM   
Flatulent_Bob

quote:

ORIGINAL: DJ Satan

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/08/06/rock-band-weekly-ministry/

August 10th cannot come soon enough!

Am I the only one who still plays this?

Not at all, can't wait for RB3 to land.

Can't believe all your "hardcore" game players are fannying around on Medium though.

What's this Doors additional content with the Keytar?

< Message edited by Flatulent_Bob -- 20/10/2010 2:19:08 PM >

I'm your huckleberry...

All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Oh my God! They banned Kenny!

(in reply to DJ Satan)
Post #: 260
RE: Rock Band 3 - 20/10/2010 2:24:53 PM   
paulyboy

Looking forward to Rock Band 3 also, Pro Drum mode especially, just have to buy the cymbal expansion for my Ion Drum Rocker which yes I was sad enough to buy!

"Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever!"

(in reply to Flatulent_Bob)
Post #: 261
RE: The Beatles Rock Band Value Edition - 21/10/2010 12:42:05 PM   
DJ Satan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Flatulent_Bob
What's this Doors additional content with the Keytar?

The Doors content will come out with the general game. It will just be especially awesome with the keytar.

http://www.rockband.com/news/the-doors-dlc-first-in-rb3
quote:

A three-pack of songs that feature Pro Guitar and Pro Bass upgrade downloads will be available for free to fans that purchase Rock Band 3 and play online during the first week the game is available (Oct. 26 – Nov. 1). The free pack, which is available only through the Rock Band 3 in-game Music Store, includes "Light My Fire,” "Riders on the Storm” and "Touch Me,” which incorporate five-button guitar and bass, Drums, Pro Drums and Keys, Pro Keys and harmonies, where applicable, as well as a free expansion that will add Pro Guitar and Pro Bass parts.

Additionally, a nine-pack of songs from The Doors will also be available for download that week. This includes some of the classic rockers' most-loved songs, like "Hello, I Love You,” "L.A. Woman,” "Love Her Madly” and "Roadhouse Blues,” all featuring Drums, Pro Drums, five-button guitar and bass parts and, where applicable, harmonies and Keys/Pro Keys parts. A complete list of the songs that will be available follows:
  • "Light My Fire” (Free from Oct. 26 – Nov. 1 in game, features Pro Guitar and Pro Bass)
  • "Riders on the Storm” (Free from Oct. 26 – Nov. 1 in game, features Pro Guitar and Pro Bass)
  • "Touch Me” (Free from Oct. 26 – Nov. 1 in game, features Pro Guitar and Pro Bass)
  • "Hello, I Love You”
  • "L.A. Woman”
  • "Love Her Madly”
  • "Love Me Two Times”
  • "Peace Frog”
  • "People Are Strange”
  • "Roadhouse Blues”
  • "Soul Kitchen”
  • "The Crystal Ship”
Beginning Nov. 2, The Door's Rock Band downloads will be available for purchase only as individual songs or in a bundle of all 12 songs.

It doesn't say but I presume that the 9 song pack will be cheaper than the 12 pack.

Post #: 262
RE: The Beatles Rock Band Value Edition - 21/10/2010 7:42:59 PM   
Ell

Just got my pre-order down for Rock Band 3. I love how they're keeping things fresh by implementing actually learning the real instruments properly into the game, as opposed to bringing out just more tracks on a disc with new visuals.

Without lowering the tone too much with mention of Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock, my brother has just bought this in the game/guitar bundle. My question is when my pre-order of Rock Band 3 arrives, will he be able to play it with the guitar he got bundled in with Warriors of Rock?

"I'D BUY THAT FOR A DOLLAR!!!"

(in reply to DJ Satan)
Post #: 263
RE: The Beatles Rock Band Value Edition - 21/10/2010 8:57:47 PM   
Sexual Harassment Panda

With the Rhythm Music genre dying a death currently (86,000 worldwide sales for Warrior's of Rock) along with previous releases of stuff like value packs, I assumed Harmonix, MTV and EA had learnt their lessons with the pricing of Rock Band. Unfortunately at £125 for a guitar by itself without the game (the one you need to play PRO mode) I'm no longer interested in the game.

The fact there is no guitar pro and game pack is ridiculous too, once the Guitar drops below £50 and the game about £20 I'll consider getting this, until then though I don't see the point, all the songs will be on the store and so I may as well stick to RB1 and 2 for now, the only benefit of RB3 was Pro mode and without it, it offers nothing over what I already own.

< Message edited by Sexual Harassment Panda -- 21/10/2010 8:59:48 PM >

(in reply to Ell)
Post #: 264
RE: The Beatles Rock Band Value Edition - 22/10/2010 1:40:20 PM   
Flatulent_Bob

Cheers DJ, that's my single copy cancelled and the bundle ordered then.

"show me the way to the next whiskey bar"

It's got a great review in Xbox360world, 95.

IMHO Guitar Hero just isn't in the same league as Rock Band and GH really did take the piss with mindless sequels which didn't move on at all.

< Message edited by Flatulent_Bob -- 22/10/2010 1:41:16 PM >

I'm your huckleberry...

All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Oh my God! They banned Kenny!

Post #: 265
RE: The Beatles Rock Band Value Edition - 22/10/2010 5:01:30 PM   
DJ Satan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Flatulent_Bob

Cheers DJ, that's my single copy cancelled and the bundle ordered then.

"show me the way to the next whiskey bar"

It's got a great review in Xbox360world, 95.

IMHO Guitar Hero just isn't in the same league as Rock Band and GH really did take the piss with mindless sequels which didn't move on at all.

Sorry, I didn't mean to mislead you.
The offer is for all copies of Rock Band 3. I was just saying that with 12 Doors tracks they will make use of the keyboard hardware and make it even more fun to play.

I saw a headline for a RB3 review saying it is the only rhthym game you will ever need to own.

Post #: 266
RE: The Beatles Rock Band Value Edition - 22/10/2010 5:06:51 PM   
DJ Satan

quote:

With the Rhythm Music genre dying a death currently (86,000 worldwide sales for Warrior's of Rock) along with previous releases of stuff like value packs, I assumed Harmonix, MTV and EA had learnt their lessons with the pricing of Rock Band. Unfortunately at £125 for a guitar by itself without the game (the one you need to play PRO mode) I'm no longer interested in the game.

The fact there is no guitar pro and game pack is ridiculous too, once the Guitar drops below £50 and the game about £20 I'll consider getting this, until then though I don't see the point, all the songs will be on the store and so I may as well stick to RB1 and 2 for now, the only benefit of RB3 was Pro mode and without it, it offers nothing over what I already own.

The guitar is a real guitar though, and not needed unless you want to play Pro.

I must admit I thought the Keyboard bundle was quite expensive and I was going to wait for it to come down in price, but I came into a little windfall and the Doors bonus convinced me to pick it up on launch.

It is just another track pack (with keyboard support) but at least I'll get achievements for playing it again.

Post #: 267
RE: The Beatles Rock Band Value Edition - 22/10/2010 11:09:51 PM   
Sexual Harassment Panda

Pro Mode seems to me like the only reason to get it, or the Keyboard I guess.

The £125 one isn't a real guitar, it's just got lots and lots of buttons. The real guitar is weighing in at £200+ and won't be available at launch. Both are without the game though, which is a farce considering the price and that's why I'm so annoyed. I was really looking forward to Pro Mode, but I'm not willing to pay £165 for the pleasure of doing so.

If I don't buy the Pro Guitar or Keyboard, I don't see a reason to not just stick to RB1 and 2 and just download the extra songs from the store.

Fair point if you want all the songs and you want the achievements though.

< Message edited by Sexual Harassment Panda -- 22/10/2010 11:11:36 PM >

(in reply to DJ Satan)
Post #: 268
RE: Rock Band 3 - 25/10/2010 12:11:25 PM   
paulyboy

I agree with SHP that Pro mode is really the only reason to grab this over the older games, unless you really want the new on-disc tracks or achievements that is. I'm picking it up still, drums are my immediate priority and it's only going to cost me extra for the cymbal expansion to be ready for Pro mode.

I'd love a crack at the Pro Guitar mode also, but I'm not paying for the Mustang Madcatz jobbie. That said I am happy to pay for the Fender Squire Strat when it gets released, given that it's a real guitar and you can actually put what you've learnt to practice outside of the game, which is what these Pro modes (to me at least) are all about. Thinking about it though, my girlfriend already has two electric guitars (and one bass) so even forking out for the Squire Strat seems excessive in this case.

Keyboards I'll grab at a later date when they drop in price, even though I'm itching to get on that mode as well.

Rock Band will be the end of me.

"Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever!"

Post #: 269
RE: Rock Band 3 - 26/10/2010 10:58:02 AM   
HIM

John Lennon's classic album Imagine is being released as DLC for Rock Band 3:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-10-26-lennons-imagine-coming-to-rock-band-3

I'm quite disappointed that it's only for Rock Rand 3 though. They should have made it compatible with The Beatles: Rock Band too.

(in reply to paulyboy)
Post #: 270
Page:   <<   < prev  6 7 8 [9] 10   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: The Beatles Rock Band Value Edition Page: <<   < prev  6 7 8 [9] 10   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI