Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Rock Band 3

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Rock Band 3 Page: <<   < prev  6 7 8 9 [10]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Rock Band 3 - 30/10/2010 12:16:34 PM   
lord of the pies

Anyone been playing this yet?

I couldn't resist and paid full whack for the keyboard. Have been practicing hard in Pro mode. It has really freshened things up putting the keyboard in. Can't wait for the full Imagine album on keys. I'm hoping in keeping with The Beatles theme that they release some more McCartney stuff. Live and Let Die would be amazing!

I haven't even played any of the game on my normal Rock Band instruments so plenty still to work through. My next purchase will be the Pro drum cymbals and then maybe the Pro guitar in the new year.

Join The Church of JJ today!

http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=527670&mpage=23&key=&NID=0#2414995

(in reply to HIM)
Post #: 271
RE: Rock Band 3 - 31/10/2010 11:04:40 PM   
DJ Satan

I finally got to play on my new keyboards today. It's changed a bit so I ended up just playing through the warmup tracks on medium. Got a couple of 100%s but mainly got 3 stars on most songs.

I then swapped to guitar and had a lot more fun (especially after finding the road mode). The next five hours just vanished. I'm enjoying the new songs, and with my DLC I now have 389 tracks to choose from. Got in the top 25 for a number of songs on the world leaderboard, including 17th for We Will Rock you on Expert Bass.

< Message edited by DJ Satan -- 31/10/2010 11:05:16 PM >

Don't try to tell me that some power can corrupt a person
You hadn't had enough to know what it's like
You're only angry cause you wish you were in my position
Now nod your head cause you know that I'm right..alright!

(in reply to lord of the pies)
Post #: 272
RE: Rock Band 3 - 1/11/2010 2:37:26 PM   
kata

Don't think this could have tanked any worse.  Hopefully it'll be really cheap soon.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-11-01-how-many-copies-did-rock-band-3-sell

XBL: GeneralLee79
PSN: GeneralLee_UK
Steam: GeneralLee_uk

Lovely detective work.

"Don't buy wigs that come off at the wrong time"

(in reply to DJ Satan)
Post #: 273
RE: Rock Band 3 - 1/11/2010 3:00:14 PM   
Flatulent_Bob

quote:

ORIGINAL: DJ Satan

I finally got to play on my new keyboards today. It's changed a bit so I ended up just playing through the warmup tracks on medium. Got a couple of 100%s but mainly got 3 stars on most songs.

I then swapped to guitar and had a lot more fun (especially after finding the road mode). The next five hours just vanished. I'm enjoying the new songs, and with my DLC I now have 389 tracks to choose from. Got in the top 25 for a number of songs on the world leaderboard, including 17th for We Will Rock you on Expert Bass.

That's a toughie.

Personally I think it is a great game, and superior to the other RB games.
I can't decide if it is easier or harder than its predecessors because while it is much easier to gold star songs some of the new songs are miles more difficult then anything in RB2.

Going for "Chicken" setting at the minute playing on Expert Bass before switching to lead once I'm sure I know the songs.

DJ, don't worry about misleading me, I bought the full doors pack anyway.

On the poor sales, I think it will clear up at Christmas with none regular release day purchases upgrading for the parties. Personally I blame the over exposure and releasing of too many average titles for the last few GH games. RB3 is still the best game of this type I've played and its a shame if people miss out.

< Message edited by Flatulent_Bob -- 1/11/2010 3:03:05 PM >

I'm your huckleberry...

All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Oh my God! They banned Kenny!

(in reply to DJ Satan)
Post #: 274
RE: Rock Band 3 - 1/11/2010 3:41:42 PM   
paulyboy

Traded in a bunch of old games and got the keyboard at the weekend, I'm pathetically weak!

Standard keys come across as a piece of piss if I'm being honest, with only the hardest songs on Expert posing any real challenge. Special mention has to go to Everybody Wants to Rule The World, Here I Go Again, The Look and The Power Of Love on keys, huge amounts of cheesy fun to be had!

Pro keys though, fuck me sideways they're hard. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that aside form the savants among us it's almost impossible to sight read the Pro charts in this game, you'll actually have to learn the songs, which I guess is kind of the whole point. I love how comprehensive the training is for the Pro modes also, they cover everything from scales to finger placement etc.

Also quite pleased to see that in order to play Pro Drums you don't need all three cymbals, you can play with just one or two, and the Pro Drum charts are backwards compatible with older songs too, another bonus.

Overall, it's the dog's danglies of music games.

That said, can't say I'm suprised by the thoroughly shocking sales figures in this country, the music genre reached saturation point some considerable time ago, no one wants to know anymore, especially with the new peripherals costing what they do. Stock also seemed to be a real problem round my way, between 2 Games, a Gamestation, a Blockbuster and HMV it was only the latter that seemed to be carrying any stock of any kind.

It's a shame really, Rock Band 3 really is about as good as it gets in the music genre.

"Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever!"

(in reply to Flatulent_Bob)
Post #: 275
RE: Rock Band 3 - 1/11/2010 3:49:59 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

I would have been tempted by this if it weren't for the quite frankly obscene price they want you to pay. I haven't played a RB game before but have played the GH games (and sold them). I decided to get Kinect instead, maybe the timing of release (so close to Kinect) wasn't a wise idea sales wise....

Empires Top 100 Movie Characters of All Time! - VOTE NOW by clicking HERE

(in reply to paulyboy)
Post #: 276
RE: Rock Band 3 - 1/11/2010 4:48:58 PM   
DJ Satan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Flatulent_Bob

quote:

ORIGINAL: DJ Satan
Got in the top 25 for a number of songs on the world leaderboard, including 17th for We Will Rock you on Expert Bass.

That's a toughie.

Tip: Turn on Lefty mode and play right handed and they all count as upstrums.

It's so easy I'm surprised I ranked that highly.

Don't try to tell me that some power can corrupt a person
You hadn't had enough to know what it's like
You're only angry cause you wish you were in my position
Now nod your head cause you know that I'm right..alright!

(in reply to Flatulent_Bob)
Post #: 277
RE: Rock Band 3 - 3/11/2010 9:31:34 AM   
paulyboy

Fender Squier dated and priced is US: Clicky!

So how much do you reckon that will translate to over here then? I reckon with the usual mark up and VAT (at 20% in the new year) we'll be looking at 224.99, or 249.99 if they really feel like pushing the boat out, gits. To be fair given the technology involved it's not a hideously bad price, still one big bastard chunk out of your wallet for a computer game though.

(in reply to DJ Satan)
Post #: 278
RE: Rock Band 3 - 3/11/2010 9:37:01 AM   
kata

quote:

ORIGINAL: paulyboy

Fender Squier dated and priced is US: Clicky!

So how much do you reckon that will translate to over here then? I reckon with the usual mark up and VAT (at 20% in the new year) we'll be looking at 224.99, or 249.99 if they really feel like pushing the boat out, gits. To be fair given the technology involved it's not a hideously bad price, still one big bastard chunk out of your wallet for a computer game though.

XBL: GeneralLee79
PSN: GeneralLee_UK
Steam: GeneralLee_uk

Lovely detective work.

"Don't buy wigs that come off at the wrong time"

(in reply to paulyboy)
Post #: 279
RE: Rock Band 3 - 4/1/2011 6:32:11 PM   
JessFranco

Does the standard wireless Xbox mic work properly with Beatles Rock Band? I've heard there may be some issues with the tambourine.

Even the French know better than to fuck with me

http://closer-to-perfection.tumblr.com/

(in reply to kata)
Post #: 280
RE: Rock Band 3 - 4/1/2011 7:44:14 PM   
Sleazy

shouldnt be an issue, its based on Rock Band 2 and that has tambourines.

The wireless mic doesnt work with Rock Band 1 though.

Gamertag: Sleazycome

PSN ID: Sleazytoon

(in reply to JessFranco)
Post #: 281
RE: Rock Band 3 - 6/1/2011 7:05:13 PM   
JessFranco

Cheers!

Even the French know better than to fuck with me

http://closer-to-perfection.tumblr.com/

(in reply to Sleazy)
Post #: 282
RE: Rock Band Blitz - 29/8/2012 3:53:52 PM   
paulyboy

Rock Band Blitz out today on XBLA & PSN for the Rock Band fans out there. It's a controller based rhythm game that comes with a new set of tracks that are all compatible with previous Rock Bands and vice versa, so you can use your old DLC (and exported tracks) on the new game too.

Was having a go at lunch, it's quite an addictive little game...

< Message edited by paulyboy -- 29/8/2012 3:54:30 PM >

(in reply to JessFranco)
Post #: 283
Page:   <<   < prev  6 7 8 9 [10]
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Rock Band 3 Page: <<   < prev  6 7 8 9 [10]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI